Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 01:44 PM   #106  

Height: 5'8"

YAY!!! congrats carla!! haven't been in the 160's in 3 years and i am soooo looking forward to being where you are, pat yourself on the back-you have done and are doing wonderfully on this program-YOU should be a coach
Old 05-11-2010, 01:56 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 204/170/130

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!
I am new to this board and IP. Just started today but I am already so thankful I found y'all. I won't have my first WI until the 20th which seems so long from now but I am hoping it will fly by.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #108  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Actually, I heard from Ogdog last month.
Hmm.. I wonder if Birman has heard anymore from Ogdog? I JUST noticed your ticker!! OMG, you are 2 pounds from your goal!! WOO HOO!! that is so great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Showgirl!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAY! 160's YAYAYAYAYAY

It had been 10 years for me since I had seen the 160's, so I know exactly how you feel...WONDERFUL! So happy for you
Thanks! I am so excited today. We are at the same place right now! It really is nice to be able to share with people who aren't just happy for you but really "GET" and "FEEL" what you mean when you write a silly thing like "I made 160's!" MY BF is very supportive and so is my family but when I say things like that or put on the smallest thing I have worn in a decade, they just look, smile, and say "I am proud of you." They just don't have that same internal trigger happen that someone else who has been there, is there, or has been in a similar spot and can relate experiences. YOU KNOW! You are going through the same thing! Isn't it so weird to say to yourself, "WOW, I am here again. It has been so long... Am I really this size or weight??? NO WAY!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
YAY!!! congrats carla!! haven't been in the 160's in 3 years and i am soooo looking forward to being where you are, pat yourself on the back-you have done and are doing wonderfully on this program-YOU should be a coach
Thank you, Lady! You will be well into the 160's in no time and baby weight will be a thing of the past! Thanks for the suggestion to be a coach. I think that is something I would love to do. I wish I could help anyone who has a problem with weight and doesn't know why or doesn't know how to fix it find something that could change their life. I know I am so grateful to my coach for sharing this with me. It has done something for me that NO other program was ever able to do.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:58 PM   #109  
Started IP 4/22/10

S/C/G: 242/219.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
freaking out a bit....my hair/make up person had to drop out last night on me so today I am running to replace her... and don't really know many people in town, so keep a good thought for me! ;-)

On another note, gained a few over the weekend (my Fiance so does not help) but working on losing them again

Dress still fits and that is all that matters now ;-)
I hear ya about the fiancé not helping! Last night mine sat on the couch next to me with a plate full of biscuits slathered in butter and jelly. *******!

About the hair and makeup person look on Facebook for high school girls that just went to prom, check out their hair/makeup pictures and find out who the best in town is. Everything will fall into place.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:23 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 175/175/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMama View Post
Good morning everyone,

Even thou I know I should look at the scale I did this morning, and I am down 4 pounds already.

I know being only on day 2 that it is all water, but just to see that knew number is amazing.

I'm sure a lot of you understand that seeing 209 next week be an amazing experience and in 3 or 4 weeks to have the possibility of seeing 199.

I am so excited.

My question on day 2 is how do you get in your teaspoon of sea salt. DO you just suck it up and drink it in one glass or do you spread it through the day.

This morning I put 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt in my 12oz glass, and it still tasted horrible.

Maybe you just get used to I guess, but it sure is weird to have to add salt to a diet.
LOL, I jumped on the scale this morning too I couldn't help myself, down 3lbs and while I know it's water weight it still motivated me to keep going, time to make my salad for lunch!!
As far as the salt goes I put a little in my water when I had a headache yesterday, but didn't measure it and then I used some to season my chicken for dinner. I didn't use a lot in the water and I didn't even taste it. And just before I got on here I had a little headache, so I sprinkled some in my hand and drank some water...headach is gone
Old 05-11-2010, 02:36 PM   #111  

I don't think I've seen any posts regarding lunch / deli meats. My understanding is to stay away from them b/c many contain additives such as corn syrup, honey, brown sugar, yeast, whey solids, etc. Is that the understanding most of you have, too? Just want to put this out there for new bloggers, too.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:49 PM   #112  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
I don't think I've seen any posts regarding lunch / deli meats. My understanding is to stay away from them b/c many contain additives such as corn syrup, honey, brown sugar, yeast, whey solids, etc. Is that the understanding most of you have, too? Just want to put this out there for new bloggers, too.
My sheet says I can have lean ham. I look for one without all the added nitrates and stuff and that is low sodium. Applegate farms is one I bought at whole foods. I have had it a couple times, rolled in a lettuce leaf with a few extra veggies and some homemade sugarfree mayo. It works when I am craving a sandwich like thing.

I avoid all other processed meats. As long as they don't have sugar they shouldn't effect ketosis but, they are so salty I gain a lot of water.

For "lunch meat", I have roasted a turkey breast and very thinly sliced it.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:12 PM   #113  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Hmm.. I wonder if Birman has heard anymore from Ogdog? I JUST noticed your ticker!! OMG, you are 2 pounds from your goal!! WOO HOO!! that is so great!
Hey, thanks... it's 1.8 pounds, actually. It feels so great, I have to say. I'm in new clothes, with a stylish new short hairdo I can finally wear without looking like a pinhead! Two people have told me today that I look 10 years younger, and I feel 10 years younger, too. My two sisters and brother-in-law have started the diet, and are also seeing results. Now my brother in Tokyo wants to start, though the logistics of that might be a little sporty!

I did reach out to Birman about Ogdog, and she hadn't heard from her either... not that I've seen Birman around the boards much lately. She indicated to me that she was going to be cutting back.... I will too, as I continue phasing out the program, though I check in for info on my sister's behalf since I am her "coach" in this endeavor. Like me, she and her husband were extremely grateful for the kale chip recipe...
Old 05-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 139/130.5/110

Height: 5' 2"

Default No motivation

I seem to have no motivation. My last WI was 2 days early and I was down 1.5 pounds rather than the 3.5 I had been losing each week. I don't know if that is because I started using the bars or not.

Then we had family in for a funeral. This included some eating out. While I tried to be good, I wasn't always. Now I'm at the point that I want real food again. Well, bread, potatoes, chocolate. I get a little tired of fixing something for my family for dinner and eating something else for me. Sometimes we eat the same things, but sometimes they have different things.

I've been at this just about a month. And I am not motivated. I am also feeling guilty about sending all of the money on the foods.

Has anyone else had this problem? How do I get over it?
Old 05-11-2010, 03:44 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 245/220/140

Height: 5'6"

Day 2 and dying a slow painful death. . I made zucchini chips at lunch and if I almost burn them to a crisp, they remind me of potato chips. When I leave them in the toaster oven for too long, I literally do burn them to a crisp and stink up the whole office. :-)
Old 05-11-2010, 03:44 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 245.6/229.5/160

Height: 5'6

Thanks for all the info on aspartame guys! So do you think as long as I don't give into the hungry feeling it can cause, it would be ok to use the packets I accidently got with aspartame?
Old 05-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #117  
Started IP 4/22/10

OK finally a signature! Yippeee....

What do you think?
Old 05-11-2010, 03:48 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 139/130.5/110

Height: 5' 2"

ibdadozer - I like it!
Old 05-11-2010, 03:49 PM   #119  
Started IP 4/22/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural girl View Post
Hi everyone!
I am new to this board and IP. Just started today but I am already so thankful I found y'all. I won't have my first WI until the 20th which seems so long from now but I am hoping it will fly by.
Welcome! The first week was REALLY hard for me but now I feel better and am getting used to it, hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJumbie View Post
Day 2 and dying a slow painful death. . I made zucchini chips at lunch and if I almost burn them to a crisp, they remind me of potato chips. When I leave them in the toaster oven for too long, I literally do burn them to a crisp and stink up the whole office. :-)
WWwoooo hoooo hello QueenJumbie, I feel like I KNOW you? Hmmmm is that possible?
Old 05-11-2010, 04:04 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 245/220/140

Height: 5'6"

WWwoooo hoooo hello QueenJumbie, I feel like I KNOW you? Hmmmm is that possible? [/QUOTE]

Does your office smell like burnt food?!
Closed Thread