Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 11:57 AM   #91  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Hello everyone . I have been away for 5 days with my husband on a little trip . We are having a great time and enjoying having James back home with us for a few weeks . I cheated on Mothers day . I had real salad dresing and a small bowl of icecream . But to my surprise I have lost 3 lbs this week ! YEah .

I saw family for the first time since I lost my weight and everyone could not beleive how skinny I was . LOL .Skinny . That sounds so funny to me . But it sure did make me feel good . I am so close to my goal but Im thinking of moving it to 150 instead of 160 .

I have one more week with my husband before he returns to Iraq for another 5 months . He leaves on the 20th and our anniversarry is on the 21st so we will celebrate a little early and I will probably cheat on that day then back to the strict IP diet . So ready to be to my goal . Hope everyone had a great mothers day ! Everyone is doing so great !
YEY on your loss and fun times!!!

I have to ask, when will he see the pics? Is that a departing gift? ;-)
Old 05-11-2010, 12:02 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 245.6/229.5/160

Height: 5'6

Thanks so much Elizabeth!!
Old 05-11-2010, 12:07 PM   #93  
Started IP 4/22/10

S/C/G: 242/219.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin0199 View Post
Elizabeth since you seem to be the resident "coach" maybe you can answer my question about aspartame. I know we aren't supposed to have it but why? I asked my coach and he couldn't give me a straight answer. Also is it really bad if we have a little because I accidently ordered a shake from Lindora that has aspartame and you can't return them and I don't want to waste it.
I'm not the resident coach but I can tell you what my coach told me is that aspartame in studies has actually been known to stimulate hunger while Splenda (sucralose) does not reach the brain for the same triggers. Now if she is right or not I'll never know. She also sent me the below information when I asked her.

ASPARTAME AND SACCHARIN IN WEIGHT LOSS
The brain has a conditioned response in reaction to something that is sweet.
It is called "cephalic phase response".
This response is established as a result of a life long experience with sugar, and the body's perception of the arrival of new energy (sugar).
When the taste of an artificial sweetener such as aspartame stimulates the tongue, the brain programs the liver to prepare for the arrival of new energy (sugar) from outside.
The liver, in turn, stops the manufacture of starch and protein from reserves in the body, and instead begins to store the glucose (energy) that is circulating in the blood stream.
Foods having a sweet taste without the accompanying calories (sugar-free usually = low calories) stimulate the taste buds, creating an urge to eat and thus overeat.
It is the liver that produces the signals and the urge to eat. The cephalic phase response triggers the release of insulin, which stores sugar in the blood stream.
This creates low blood sugar, which leads to the development of increased cravings and appetite.
Studies have shown that this urge to eat more food after using artificial sweeteners such as aspartame can last up to 90 minutes after the meal or snack.
It has been shown that the brain retains the urge to eat for a long time, when the taste buds for sugar are stimulated, without any sugar having entered the system.
The sweet taste of artificial sweeteners such as aspartame will cause the brain to program the liver to store supplies rather than release supplies from its storage.
This may be the reason why individuals who use diet soda for weight loss may suffer the need for repeated stimulation of the taste buds with sugar stimulation.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:25 PM   #94  
Started IP 4/22/10

S/C/G: 242/219.5/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
Well I'm not an expert but found this online so I will share it. My coach never said anything to me as of why not so...
Sorry I missed your response before I posted mine!

So .... you are just weeks away from the wedding, how are you feeling?
Old 05-11-2010, 12:28 PM   #95  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back Kelsey
CW.....I know you are having a ball....I'm sure we'll see a lot more of you after the 20th...
Welcome newbies..
I get some of my salt on cukes and other veggies.
Jordana, so sorry that purolator is still running around with your laptop. Hope to see you soon.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:30 PM   #96  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibdadozer View Post
Sorry I missed your response before I posted mine!

So .... you are just weeks away from the wedding, how are you feeling?
freaking out a bit....my hair/make up person had to drop out last night on me so today I am running to replace her... and don't really know many people in town, so keep a good thought for me! ;-)

On another note, gained a few over the weekend (my Fiance so does not help) but working on losing them again

Dress still fits and that is all that matters now ;-)
Old 05-11-2010, 12:41 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
freaking out a bit....my hair/make up person had to drop out last night on me so today I am running to replace her... and don't really know many people in town, so keep a good thought for me! ;-)

On another note, gained a few over the weekend (my Fiance so does not help) but working on losing them again

Dress still fits and that is all that matters now ;-)
Hope you find a replacement hairdresser soon !!
Old 05-11-2010, 12:44 PM   #98  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Ohhhhhh do I ever love this. My own pina colada recipe.
Boxed vanilla drink,ice, stevia and Torani sugar free coconut syrup. Mix in blender. This is so yummy and I am a sugar addict so I know!!!
Chaplains wifey-- we all really admire you and your husband for what must be a huge sacrifice for both of you as he serves our country. Enjoy the rest of his R & R and wish him safe travels for the next 5 months. We admire your weight loss too!

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 05-11-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:46 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Quote:
I'm not the resident coach but I can tell you what my coach told me is that aspartame in studies has actually been known to stimulate hunger while Splenda (sucralose) does not reach the brain for the same triggers. Now if she is right or not I'll never know. She also sent me the below information when I asked her.

ASPARTAME AND SACCHARIN IN WEIGHT LOSS
The brain has a conditioned response in reaction to something that is sweet.
It is called "cephalic phase response".
This response is established as a result of a life long experience with sugar, and the body's perception of the arrival of new energy (sugar).
When the taste of an artificial sweetener such as aspartame stimulates the tongue, the brain programs the liver to prepare for the arrival of new energy (sugar) from outside.
The liver, in turn, stops the manufacture of starch and protein from reserves in the body, and instead begins to store the glucose (energy) that is circulating in the blood stream.
Foods having a sweet taste without the accompanying calories (sugar-free usually = low calories) stimulate the taste buds, creating an urge to eat and thus overeat.
It is the liver that produces the signals and the urge to eat. The cephalic phase response triggers the release of insulin, which stores sugar in the blood stream.
This creates low blood sugar, which leads to the development of increased cravings and appetite.
Studies have shown that this urge to eat more food after using artificial sweeteners such as aspartame can last up to 90 minutes after the meal or snack.
It has been shown that the brain retains the urge to eat for a long time, when the taste buds for sugar are stimulated, without any sugar having entered the system.
The sweet taste of artificial sweeteners such as aspartame will cause the brain to program the liver to store supplies rather than release supplies from its storage.
This may be the reason why individuals who use diet soda for weight loss may suffer the need for repeated stimulation of the taste buds with sugar stimulation.
so does this all mean that we are not to have any thing that has a sweet taste? most of the IP food actually has a sweet taste (not aspartame) but whatever it is, they are sweetened with something.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #100  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Hi Everyone!

:flow 1:

OK!! I know it isn't official BUT, I weighed this morning. Not a regular scale hopper but I do keep tabs here and there. AND.... (drumroll please) I FINALLY BROKE the 170's!! And not by a little either!

I am 168!! THE 160's!! YES!! Such a big change since I just had official WI yesterday morning and was 172.4!! I hate how much water weight I put on with TOM... GRRR!

SO, The best part for me is this, I have lost 80 pounds since last October and 76 pounds on IP. I can't wait to weigh in next week. I so want to make this being in the 160's official.

It has been almost 15 years since I weighed in the 160's. I knew something had dropped yesterday. I tried on some clothes and they all looked sloppy. The smallest clothes in my closet to wear are size 8/10 and I got BOTH (haha,, just two lol) of them on and zipped. I wouldn't wear them in public... aside from them being way out of date (think late 80's big dynasty shoulder pads haha or early 90's laura ashley prints haha) they are both are a little too fitted on the behind still. I just always hoped to get back in them. Never intended to wear them again. I can't wait until they really fit properly and then, I guess I will donate them somewhere. Maybe they can be used for a costume or a retro party!

Just going to take it a step, or a few pounds at a time til I get to my final goal!

Mini Goal - June 7th - 160 lbs
Milestone - July 5th - 150 lbs
Mini Goal - July 27th - 145 lbs
Last Milestone - August 31 - 135 lbs

Hopefully, even with slower weight loss weeks, I will be where I want to be by September. That would represent a total loss of 113 pounds in 10 months.

Thanks for listening! Now back to my happy dance!
Old 05-11-2010, 12:53 PM   #101  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have had a hard time catching up to what is going on since I have been so busy with my new network marketing business. Great job on NSV's and losses. To those of you struggling to stick to the plan, I am right there with you. I keep climbing back on the horse though.
So nice to have you back! Don't worry about catch up too much. Just jump in, ask questions, you've been missed! So nice to hear you found a product and a business opportunity all in one. I wish you lots of success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hey, Carla, Have they done away with the 20-day, 25-post minimum to get the tickers? I've seen a few members get theirs before this and was just wondering.
Not sure what is happening. I thought things were the same but I have seen some people getting access to program their ticker sooner. Who knows, could be a weird computer glitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
Weighed in, down .8. Darn TOM, makes me cranky and stops the scale! It's irritating to think that every third week I won't show much of a loss at all. I'll be honest, my motivation is in the toilet right now. My current clothes are too big and make me feel like I'm wearing clown pants - tried on new ones and didn't like how they fit yet. I'm being totally irrational and impatient, which bugs me on many levels.
I hear ya, sister! I feel like I now spend 1/3 of every month messed up by TOM. I definitely understand the irritation and the aggravation. It's like the scale is holding out on you! Keep plugging away, you will still be losing. Pay more attention to your monthly losses and your average losses. I find that helps me. I almost don't care about week WI anymore other than the accountability. I committed to "doing whatever it took, for as long as it took" and every month, even with my new slower losses, I have dropped around 10 pounds. I watch the weight the week after each TOM to get the best idea of how I did.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Lately I have been mixing it in the blender (magic bullet) with ice, splenda and some extra vanilla just to change it up a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newsiemom View Post
Okay, had my WI yesterday and went down 1.2 pounds. I have been stuck right around that same mark for three weeks now. One week was due to being off IP, this week is due to TOM. I'm hoping for a big number next week.

Just wanted to throw an idea out there of what I do with my puddings. .... I mix two pudding packets and divide it in half and then make a shake with water and ice with my magic bullet. It's great because you can create new flavors.
Hey Ladies! I add a little flavored stevia, flavored splenda syrup (like davinci, torani, or artisan that we use for coffee or italian sodas), or extract to my puddings. I have tried the vanilla with cinnamon powder, caramel sugarfree torani syrup, orange extract, lemon extract, maple extract, blueberry walden farms syrup, and mint extract. I have tried the lemon pudding with poppy seeds and almond extract. The chocolate pudding I have tried with raspberry syrup, orange extract, mint extract, caramel syrup, and walden food Peanut butter... it was ok. I definately agree getting creative makes a lot of difference.

NEWSIE: don't worry about the losses slowing down. It happens. You will stay steady though and occasionally have the big jumps in weight happen about once a month. As you close in on how many calories you eat and how many your body really uses a day, the weight loss is forced to slow down. I can't remember how long you have been on, but it seems that even for people who had a lot to lose, once you cross the 200 mark and have been on 3 months or so, your numbers come closer to the 1 to 2 pound mark.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:03 PM   #102  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post
Ogdog13 posted the recipe for these in the recipe section back in November. Speaking of Ogdog, has anyone seen her around here lately?
Actually, I heard from Ogdog last month. She sent me her leek soup as well as a few other stray packets. No note. I sent a PM, but she did not reply. Unfortunately, I inadvertently threw her home address away, so I was unable to contact her via mail to thank her and ask how she's doing.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:09 PM   #103  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
just a question for everyone. where are you losing weight mostly on your body?

i have lost a lot of inches in my legs and chest, seems like the waist, arms(i HATE my arms) and hips are taking the longest. are the other ladies out there experiencing the same spot losses too?
I actually lost the most inches and fat right where I needed to. My chest, back, waist and stomach were the first to go. I have dropped 2 sizes so far and pretty close to 3 sizes. I don't know if the fact that I work out with lots of toning classes has anything to do with that, but I do lots of strength exercises.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:24 PM   #104  

Quote:
just a question for everyone. where are you losing weight mostly on your body?
I lost in my waist first and, evenly across my body all along, however I have only recently been seeing steady loss across my hips and thighs. I am always heavier in that area.

Quote:
I've had my 25 posts and have been a member for 20 days but can't seem to figure out where our how to add a signature.
Quote:
same hereibdadozer, i've pretty much given up the idea of ever having one!
Elizabeth posted great directions for getting your signature ticker. When you are in the forums, the purple bar below the header has the USER CP tab at the far left, if you can edit your signature you can actually access the ticker developer from there. When you click on edit signature it comes up with a paragraph about your signature. In one spot in the paragraph it says to add a ticker click here, literally "click" on the "click here" it will take you to create a ticker, then copy ALL of the code, you have to get all of it or it won't show up, then paste that code into the large signature box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
ugh - stupid purolator lied to me...my laptop did not arrive yesterday. It says agian today that it's out on the truck for delivery..I'm waiting in anticipation. I feel so out of the loop and I truly believe my diet has suffered by not being submerged in the 3FC and blogging world of healthy living.

Cross your fingers that it will in fact arrive today...I miss you guys
Fingers are crossed! We can't wait to have you back. You are still doing so well without us! AND, so close to you June goal!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMama View Post
Good morning everyone,

Even thou I know I should look at the scale I did this morning, and I am down 4 pounds already.

My question on day 2 is how do you get in your teaspoon of sea salt. DO you just suck it up and drink it in one glass or do you spread it through the day.
Congrats on the great start! Regarding the salt, get a small container or old/empty salt shaker, daily measure out your required salt, shake it on everything you can, and then, add what is left to some water and drink it. If you start getting headaches, just dump the salt into a glad of water and swallow fast. I take my 1/2 tsp in a 6oz cup of water once a day. very concentrated but I can "chug" 6 oz faster than 12 oz! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileenj View Post
Hi! This is my first post on this web site but I have been reading a lot the last few days.
Eileen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Hello everyone . I have been away for 5 days with my husband on a little trip . We are having a great time and enjoying having James back home with us for a few weeks . I cheated on Mothers day . I had real salad dresing and a small bowl of icecream . But to my surprise I have lost 3 lbs this week ! YEah .

I saw family for the first time since I lost my weight and everyone could not beleive how skinny I was . LOL .Skinny . That sounds so funny to me . But it sure did make me feel good . I am so close to my goal but Im thinking of moving it to 150 instead of 160 .

I have one more week with my husband before he returns to Iraq for another 5 months . He leaves on the 20th and our anniversarry is on the 21st so we will celebrate a little early and I will probably cheat on that day then back to the strict IP diet . So ready to be to my goal . Hope everyone had a great mothers day ! Everyone is doing so great !
I am so glad to hear you are having a great time and still having AWESOME success! How wonderful to have all your family acknowledging your efforts. You must have felt FABULOUS! Wow, one week. Enjoy every minute of it. I hope you have a fantastic anniversary too! How nice that he was able to stay so near to the actual date!

Quote:
Well I'm not an expert but found this online so I will share it. My coach never said anything to me as of why not so...

This was written by a registered dietitian and it is part of an article that appeared in Wise Traditions in Food, Farming and the Healing Arts

Read more: Aspartame, NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful http://www.centralhome.com/ballroomc...#ixzz0ndXUTV8N
Dance, Fitness & Sports CentralHome

Very interesting post! There is a lot of negative feedback on aspartame for health concerns. Unfortunately, Monsanto owns the rights to aspartame and they pushed hard for the approval and have a great lobby. It isn't likely to go anywhere even though there are many studies showing how unsafe it is. Splenda is the current "favored" sweetener but, even it is having a lot of issues and the medical community has been asking the FDA to reevaluate the product. Only recently has Saccharin had its "black label" status removed and is no longer seen as a cancer causer. Acesulfame-k is also plagued with health issues. In general, it is not healthy for our bodies to use chemicals. It messes up our hormones and neurotransmitters and contributes to ailments. In my opinion some people experience this more than others. It doesn't help when government agencies and advocacy organizations endorse products.

I personally don't use fake stuff. It has been the hardest part of this diet for me. I hate using all the splenda/sucralose and the Ace-K. I look at it the way a doctor explained it. " we wouldn't normally suggest someone take rat poison but, in the case of someone with blood clot it is necessary to take coumadin (blood thinner made essentially from rat poison) because the benefits of the chemical outweigh the risks of the clots. Likewise, I don't recommend a steady diet of chemical sweeteners but, the risk of remaining obese outweighs the risk associated to a RELATIVELY short term use of the sweeteners."
Old 05-11-2010, 01:34 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Showgirl!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAY! 160's YAYAYAYAYAY

It had been 10 years for me since I had seen the 160's, so I know exactly how you feel...WONDERFUL! So happy for you

Last edited by Calgarygirlie; 05-11-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Closed Thread