Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 12:29 AM   #61  
New To Ideal Protein

S/C/G: 230/211.8/165

Height: 5 ft 5

Hello All! Just wanted to say hello! Great job everyone and welcome newbies. Had a bit of a rocky weekend but feel back in line!! And better for it. Love all the new information that has been posted. SuPer!!!

[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [img]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar008/fireworks01/lb/230/165/21

smile for every 5lbs lost
Old 05-11-2010, 12:30 AM   #62  
New To Ideal Protein

S/C/G: 230/211.8/165

Height: 5 ft 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbrochu View Post
Hello All! Just wanted to say hello! Great job everyone and welcome newbies. Had a bit of a rocky weekend but feel back in line!! And better for it. Love all the new information that has been posted. SuPer!!!

[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [img]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar008/fireworks01/lb/230/165/21

smile for every 5lbs lost
Damn how do I get the ticker to appear on my post, I thought I had figured it out! does it just show up or do I have to copy/paste each time????? Grrrr!!
Old 05-11-2010, 02:04 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 249/203/135

Height: 5ft 7 "

I am soooo having the same issue. I wanted to put up my ticker but I can't get the ticking thing to work!!! AUGH!
I am on week 2 and I am doing ok, but I'm really missing cheese. I am definately a cheeseaholic.
Any ideas from anyone how to curb this one??
Old 05-11-2010, 02:50 AM   #64  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
I will cut down my coffee to one cup in the morning for the rest of the week and go from there.

I went to FDA.ORG and did a search for pharmalab 1982 INC. it basically came up as mislabelled food.
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/script...CountryCode=CA
and
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cms_ia...alert_120.html
Thanks! I appreciate the resource, I would have never thought to do that search. I do see that the first link is an old 2009. The second link is late 2009 and a red list... hmm... that is strange. I wonder if they ever got that cleared up. If not, they could be spot checked whenever customs wants to do it. At least, that was my old import/export experience. I am not having any issues or similar feedback but, I would say listen to what your coach is telling you since it is effecting her business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin0199 View Post
Has anyone ever heard of taking a collagen supplement for the loose skin? I just goggled collagen and stuff about supplements came up. I had never heard of them before and was curious if you all had.
Yes. IP actually sells a medical grade collagen supplement. Not sure how effective it is. When you read on it, there seem to be mixed reports of the level of effectiveness. AND, it really does depend on the quality of the supplement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibdadozer View Post
OhHH the Vanilla Peanut makes me sooo happy. I learned though to cut them up into bite size bits and put them in the freezer. That way it is harder for me to chew them up and takes some work and I don't have a whole bar in one sitting.
I will have to remember that tip for later, much later, when I finally get to have a few bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by r101 View Post
Hello all!

Its been wonderful reading all your reviews here. I am going to sign up for the diet this Wednesday and starting soon after! Congrats to all of you!

I never believed it was possible, but reading all your stories, it looks like it just might be! I have about 50lb to lose. I am 27 and I've never been thin, just thinner than right now!

Someday(soon) i will wear a bikini for the first time, feel like the prettiest girl in the room and do all the things i've been putting off because i always felt too self-conscious about myself. I'll try to keep posting here to help others the way you've all helped me.

Btw, is there a specific thread for vegetarians on ideal protein phase 1? i do need ideas for phase 1 dinners.
Welcome! It is nice to have you around the board! This is a great way to take off the weight! For vegetarian ideas, check out the alternative thread for IP too! There are at least 2 vegetarians (Birman and Ogdog) doing this plan. Are you allowing yourself eggs, fish, chicken or are you a strict vegetarian or vegan? It will effect how you do this. I know you can use the soy products as a vegetarian. I think the black soy beans are the lowest carb/ highest protein combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frumpygirl69 View Post
Just popping in to say "HELLLOOOO"! YOU ALL ARE VERY SUPPORTIVE AND THANK YOU FOR THAT. LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE IS DOING FAIRLY WELL. WELCOME NEWCOMERS. SEE YOU ALL SOON
Nice to see you popping by! How was mother's day weekend for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naynai0428 View Post
But someone please help me, because me and Walden Farms...well, it just is not gonna happen. LOL!! I had the honey mustard...gag...and the bacon ranch which is ok. I think my salad was just too big after drinking the shake. I know there was a recipe for a dressing with lemon juice and olive oil...if anyone knows it can u repost?
I always doctor the WF (walden farm) foods. I use them as a base and add extra oil, seasonings, mustard, stevia or splenda or flavored sugar free (splenda) syrup (like torani, da vinci, or artisan). My favorite WF dressing is italian. I just add olive oil, lemon juice or vinegar, a little extra salt, pepper, and maybe (if I am at home) some extra italian seasoning. I say if I am home because I buy the packets to go and at a restaurant get them to bring me lemon wedges and olive oil. I doctor it up right there!

I make lots of homemade dressings. It will last for about 4 days or so. I use about 1/3 cup olive oil, 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar, and whatever seasonings I am in the mood for. Play around to find your combination. I have made lemon tarragon, lemon oregano, lemon mustard oregano, cumin vinegarette, french herb vinegarette, italian, dill, southwest vinegarette ( used sugar free fajita seasoning by mccormick spices) and lots of things that I have forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Hi everyone! I'm back! I won't say how much weight I've gained! It's too much. A lot of it is water, I'm sure of that, as my hands and feet resemble balloons! I've read last weeks posts and todays posts so far, and wow, there are a lot of things happening. I'm so proud of you guys. I'm back on track today. I was glad to know that you'd all still be here for me when I got home.
Welcome back! Can't wait to hear about the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
Hey everyone (oldies and newbies too), I'm back on the IP train. I fell off a couple of weeks ago and really struggled to get back on. I was doing well with breakfast and lunch and then falling apart with dinner, a lack of preparedness messes with my drive for sure. I have been back on the plan for 5 days now and am back to my pre-faltering weight and feeling great.

I can see the 200's just around the corner and calling my name. "I'm coming, don't leave me behind!!!"

Hope everyone has a great week.
Nice to have you back! YOU CAN DO IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbrochu View Post
Damn how do I get the ticker to appear on my post, I thought I had figured it out! does it just show up or do I have to copy/paste each time????? Grrrr!!
I think, based on what is posting, you are missing the closing command for the link. Whenever you have code you have opening and closing commands, like how we use parenthesis or quotation marks in English. your line of code opens the commands but forgets to close them. In the line below I bolded the command words url and img. you are just missing the closing commnds [/img] and [/url] to close your command.

copy and paste /.png [/img] [/url] at the end of your line of code above and then add it into your signature. It should work!

You have : [url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [img]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar008/fireworks01/lb/230/165/21

I think it should read :
[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/]* [img]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar008/fireworks01/lb/230/165/21/.png[/img] *[/url]

WITHOUT all the bold type and the red asterisk.

OK... Looking at how that reads I think something is wrong. Are you trying to count pounds lost... if so.. I think based on your sidebar info... you should use this. I shows a start weight of 230 a current weight of 209 and a goal weight of 165... Is that what you were aiming for or did you want to track pounds lost????

copy either of the codes below at the end of the line, after the .png, you will need to copy/paste [/img] and /url (remove the and between them and place the square brackets around the /url like you see around the /img) then copy and paste all of that into your signature (sorry this is a little confusing! it is hard to describe and write code without the software trying to create the image.)

To get a ticker showing start, current, and goal weight:

CODE1:
[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [img]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar008/fireworks01/lb/230/165/209/.png

If you want to show an accumlated amount of weight lost:

CODE 2:
[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/][img]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar008/fireworks01/lb/0/65/21/.png

Last edited by showgirlaz; 05-11-2010 at 03:50 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:33 AM   #65  

Default I Missed You All!

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to all the "NEWBIE'S", You really help keep those of us who have been around awhile stay excited about the diet.

I have had a hard time catching up to what is going on since I have been so busy with my new network marketing business. Great job on NSV's and losses. To those of you struggling to stick to the plan, I am right there with you. I keep climbing back on the horse though.

One of my concerns when I lost this weight was "What is it going to do to the skin on my face?" I have some fine lines and wrinkles showing up that I did not have before.

However!!! WOOHOO!!!! I have found a product I believe works to diminish these age telling lines. I am so excited about this product that I have become a distributor. Please visit my website if you are interested in purchasing this product or would like to become a distributor yourself. I can help you get started. Just contact me on my website or send me a PM on here and I will be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Here is the link to my website: http://mynucerity.com/knollm/

Last edited by BlueMermaid; 05-11-2010 at 07:36 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:14 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Hey, Carla, Have they done away with the 20-day, 25-post minimum to get the tickers? I've seen a few members get theirs before this and was just wondering.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:34 AM   #67  

Good Morning Everyone!

Sounds like a great week so far.

I WI tomorrow and I hope it is a good one! Couple little slips on the weekend, I find those the hardest. However, right back on track and actually my tops feel better on me now. So if I dont have a scale victory I am sure to have an inch victory!!

I love all the info you give and the hints regarding adding little spices here and there. Especially the 4 egg white 1 yolk! I miss my eggs so that will help mega!!

Cheerio for now,
Old 05-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #68  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

I have finally gotten to 35 pounds lost after a few weeks of trying. YES!!! I have never liked any of the Walden Farms dressings except possibly Bacon Ranch. Never thought to add olive oil and seasonings so thanks for the tip. My newest Organic olive oil is delicious on plain crisp cold Romaine with some sea salt from the grinder. It was great on the Kale chips yesterday too. At first I don't think I ever had enough olive oil each day-- now I am worried about too much! Still on the 3 vanilla boxes. At lunch I eat the lettuce and veggies first and then have one for dessert. Lately I have been mixing it in the blender (magic bullet) with ice, splenda and some extra vanilla just to change it up a bit. Bought Stevia yesterday because I have splenda a few times a day too. I know stevia is better for you. Welcome to all the newbies-- once you get into a routine, this is the easiest way to eat ever.
Elizabeth -- how could you?? The cheeseburger of my childhood. So sad. Wish you had shown me this a lot of years ago and saved me all those pounds!!!

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 05-11-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:59 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 191.4/160.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Okay, had my WI yesterday and went down 1.2 pounds. I have been stuck right around that same mark for three weeks now. One week was due to being off IP, this week is due to TOM. I'm hoping for a big number next week.

Just wanted to throw an idea out there of what I do with my puddings. I know several of us make them into shakes, but I mix two pudding packets and divide it in half and then make a shake with water and ice with my magic bullet. It's great because you can create new flavors. Last night I had chocolate/banana, but my favorite is strawberry/vanilla. I haven't tried strawberry/banana yet, but it's probably great. The flavor mixes keep things more interesting.
Here's hoping for a great week for all of us!
Old 05-11-2010, 10:06 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 191.5/170/140

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Hey - just wanted to pop in and mention I'm back on IP after a month off. I lost 35 pounds the first time and then joined weight watchers - spoiled by the pounds coming off so fast with IP so switched back until I'm down to 130.

BTW - I tried the Lindora stawberry yogurt...not near as filling as the IP yogurt.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:31 AM   #71  

Height: 5'10"

Weighed in, down .8. Darn TOM, makes me cranky and stops the scale! It's irritating to think that every third week I won't show much of a loss at all. I'll be honest, my motivation is in the toilet right now. My current clothes are too big and make me feel like I'm wearing clown pants - tried on new ones and didn't like how they fit yet. I'm being totally irrational and impatient, which bugs me on many levels.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:36 AM   #72  

Height: 5'8"

hang in there hockey mom, i feel the same way, my old clothes are baggy and feel silly on me but i'm not comfortable enough in smaller sizes. very awkward stage but i'm right with you
Old 05-11-2010, 10:44 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 191.4/160.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Hockeymom and Mamaerinb, I'm with you. I just cleaned out my closet last night and I have a huge box of clothes that are too big, and a huge box of clothes that are too small. My closet of clothes that actually fit me is nearly empty and I'm wearing the same few outfits over and over. My motivation is lacking also, so we need to lean on our 3FC buddies this week. Hopefully a big loss next week can get us pumped to keep going!
Old 05-11-2010, 10:46 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
Weighed in, down .8. Darn TOM, makes me cranky and stops the scale! It's irritating to think that every third week I won't show much of a loss at all. I'll be honest, my motivation is in the toilet right now. My current clothes are too big and make me feel like I'm wearing clown pants - tried on new ones and didn't like how they fit yet. I'm being totally irrational and impatient, which bugs me on many levels.
I have been buying pants at second-hand stores for awhile now. They just cost $3 or $4 so it's not a big investment when they're too big. Once I get where I'm going, I'll probably shop at Kohl's or another department store. You need to buy something that looks good on you to get your motivation back up. Sorry about your TOM. I haven't had one for 2 years. Believe me, the hot flashes, night sweats, and lack of libido are worse.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:47 AM   #75  

Height: 5'8"

today IS going to be a good day. i have felt bloated and uncomfortable since sunday, it has to be over soon right? so strange how easy ip was till i screwed up and had those vodka perriers. now i'm craving everything i know i cannot eat. lesson learned. i have been also having such a problem getting all of my water in everyday. i just feel SO FULL after coffee and eating my veggies and packets, gotta get this under control because like another poster stated last night ip is a "strict protocol" and you have to do exactly what is laid out in the plan or it's not going to work. thank god i have this forum to rant and find inspiration. thanks to all of you
Closed Thread