3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ip Chat Week May 10 - 16 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/201486-ip-chat-week-may-10-16-a.html)

hateusernames 05-10-2010 07:36 PM

Hi everyone,
Had a long weekend at the in-laws home, it's 5 hours away. I thought it might be tough with all the family dinners etc., but my hubby is very supportive and the temptations were nothing compared to my desire to not cheat. So success!!!! Today started my TOM and WI, still lost 2.6 pounds!!!!:carrot:
Hi to all the newbies and hope everyone has a great week!;)

naynai0428 05-10-2010 07:41 PM

Ok so today is my first day on IP and so far it's been ok. I haven't been hungry so that's a plus but I have to say I'm not loving the packets. I added the recommended amount of water to the cappucino mix and it was a bit thick and I didn't like it hot. At lunch I had the chocolate drink and added more water and poured it over ice, it was better. But someone please help me, because me and Walden Farms...well, it just is not gonna happen. LOL!! I had the honey mustard...gag...and the bacon ranch which is ok. I think my salad was just too big after drinking the shake. I know there was a recipe for a dressing with lemon juice and olive oil...if anyone knows it can u repost? Had a bit of a headache but tried the sea salt with water and it worked like a charm!! I have to say that I've never been more excited for dinner though. I'm going to have baked chicken, collard greens and I'm going to try to mash the cauliflower. I'll also be trying to put my strawberry pudding in the freezer for my night time snack.:) I ordered some soup from Lindora for next week...I can't wait until I can have some chilli...wish me luck with these first few days I'm determined not to cheat. Ok it's chicken time!!

Kelsey 05-10-2010 08:30 PM

Hi everyone! I'm back! I won't say how much weight I've gained! It's too much. A lot of it is water, I'm sure of that, as my hands and feet resemble balloons! I've read last weeks posts and todays posts so far, and wow, there are a lot of things happening. I'm so proud of you guys. I'm back on track today. I was glad to know that you'd all still be here for me when I got home.

SylvieG 05-10-2010 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsey (Post 3285609)
Hi everyone! I'm back! ... I was glad to know that you'd all still be here for me when I got home.

Welcome back! Hope you enjoyed your trip! As for the gain, don't worry about it, it is a long term plan for health you're on and, yes, most of it is water! :hug:

naynai0428 05-10-2010 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianMama (Post 3285037)
I am on day one of my new lifestyle change. I have 50 pounds to lose.

Started this morning with the Banana-Pineapple shake, wasn't delicious but ok.

Lunch was the chocolate pudding, again not delicious but I can see adding some ice and putting it in blender and it might be alright.

I also made a huge bowl of salad for lunch, and couldn't finish it. Celery, cucumbers, mushrooms and romaine lettuce.

I did find that I had to munch on some lettuce between breakfast and lunch. But I don't know if I was hungry , or worried about being hungry. YKWIM.

so my first day questions are .....

Supplements, took my vitamins, iron pill, and cal-mag this morning. It kept coming back at me all morning. I could taste the capsules (at least that's what I think it was). Anyone else have this, or maybe I took too long to swallow them.

Veggies - I know you can have two cups of veggies with lunch and dinner. Can I spread it around more than that, have say 1/2 cup morning snack, then lunch, then afternoon snack then dinner.

I see some of you using splenda, my coach has said no sweeteners at all. He said 1 ounce of milk in coffee or tea in the morning. but I need sugar, so my chooses are not drink it at all, or use a sweeter. What do you do.

So looking forward to my real food tonight, chicken with shredded broccolie, cauliflower, asparagus tossed in olive oil and a little garlic and rosemary down under the broiler.

Of course I will be staring at the lasagna, and leftover birthday cake for my husband yesterday. Thankfully there is only enough to feed hubby and the kids so I have no choice but to eat the chicken.

Water so far isn't hard, I find I'm actually thirsty, so its only 1:00 here and I'm already 6 500ml bottles into the day, shouldn't be a problem get the right amount in.

Thanks in advance for your help

Kim

Yea, I started today too and have about the same amount of weight to lose. I thought I needed to lose 44lbs but I'd still be overweight according to the BMI so if I make it 50 I just make it under
So I'm not in love with the packets either I think I'll have to play around with how much water to add and I need to buy a blender. LOL, I swear me and you had the same day, I couldn't finish my salad and I kept having a vitamin aftertaste come and go too I know I'm going to have to get more creative with my meal selections and step outside of my comfort zone with the vegetables I eat. I tried to mash my cauliflower, but it came out more like rice but was still good. Today wasn't too bad, I got a box of Fannie May Pixies for Mother's Day and I had to tell my BF to hide them...lol Well good luck Canadian Mama we can do it!!

chimpchamp 05-10-2010 10:03 PM

naynai0428
Just a thought for you since you're just getting started with IP. It really is a very specific protocol and the products are sweetened with sucralose (SPLENDA), not aspartme (EQUAL) or (high fructose)corn syrup as may be the case with many Lindora products. Just know that IP products are quite different from LIndora except for, perhaps, the caramel nut bar. Check ingredients and nutritional analysis on all labels to see how they line up with those of the IP products. showgirlaz and jordanna, I think, adhere quite tightly to IP so they can tell you more. Every carb counts! Buy pickles without sugars or corn syrup.

Protein products all have that "protein-y" flavor. I actually think IPs are some of the tastiest b/c they don't have a bunch of vitamins added to make them taste even worse.

Also, I've heard that hot IP foods should never be boiled. You can use really hot water but water that is boiling will destroy the very protein your body wants and needs. I'm pretty sure they are all supposed to be consumed within 20-30 minutes of mixing, too. Again, this is my understanding.

The Walden Farms dressings are terrific if you mix in a teaspoon of olive oil or UDO's oil and a bunch of seasonings and sea salt. It'll change the whole experience. My faves are the honey mustard and the Asian as a salad dressing or to dip chicken in. Mmmm, mmm...but AGAIN, mix it w/ a bit of oil b/c you get to have 1-2 teaspoons of oil per day anyway and it will taste like regular salad dressing.

You really can do this! I am and my cravings have changed so much! You will find more creative ways with food so it's more satisfying.

Hockey Mom23 05-10-2010 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HopefulTricia (Post 3285443)
Women Food and God by Geneen Roth. I highly recommend this book. It's quite fascinating actually.
Behaviors that you have been doing for years and not really understanding, she explains so clearly. How many of us are just wishing our lives away waiting to lose weight to
accomplish our goals?? And I just found the guidelines she keeps talking about in the book on the very last page. P. 211. Eat when you are hungry. Eat sitting down. Eat without distractions. Eat what your body wants. Eat until you are satisfied. Eat in full view of others. Eat with enjoyment, gusto and pleasure. You really need to read the descriptions to understand what some of these guidelines really mean. None of these guidelines mean go binge and have a free for all although we might read them that way! I think she'll discuss the book on Oprah on Wednesday.
HockeyMom-- quoting from page 161. "When I first realized how simple it was to end the compulsion with food -- eat what your body wants when you're hungry, stop when you've had enough--I felt as if I had popped out of life as I knew it and suddenly found myself in another galaxy. As if I'd been trying to slog through quicksand with lead boots and was now soaring in a world where gravity didn't exist, and all I did - all there ever was to do--was take off the damn boots."
This chapter really resonated with ME!!!
P.163"Freedom from obsession is not about something you do; it's about knowing who you are. It's about recognizing what sustains you and what exhausts you. What you love and what you think you love because you believe you can't have it."
Oh gosh -- you could just go on quoting this book forever....

I'm on page 127! I can't wait to read on...I have had so many "AHA" moments while reading this book.

denialdoesntwork 05-10-2010 10:58 PM

Wow- its been awhile since I have posted, but still going strong on IP. I actually went off it last weekend (short trip out of town with friends and celebrated!) So far I am down 35 lbs since February, and have no problem cheating every now and then and going right back on the diet. I actually feel better on the diet eating the foods I am used to.

For all of those out there who are new, or are considering it, its the best decision you can make for yourself. Only you can make it work, only you can stick to the diet but if you do, you will be rewarded with good health! At least I have been. :cb:

So glad to see so much support out there for everyone. It makes it so much easier to get through the first part of the diet.

denialdoesntwork 05-10-2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naynai0428 (Post 3285550)
Ok so today is my first day on IP and so far it's been ok. I haven't been hungry so that's a plus but I have to say I'm not loving the packets. I added the recommended amount of water to the cappucino mix and it was a bit thick and I didn't like it hot. At lunch I had the chocolate drink and added more water and poured it over ice, it was better. But someone please help me, because me and Walden Farms...well, it just is not gonna happen. LOL!! I had the honey mustard...gag...and the bacon ranch which is ok. I think my salad was just too big after drinking the shake. I know there was a recipe for a dressing with lemon juice and olive oil...if anyone knows it can u repost? Had a bit of a headache but tried the sea salt with water and it worked like a charm!! I have to say that I've never been more excited for dinner though. I'm going to have baked chicken, collard greens and I'm going to try to mash the cauliflower. I'll also be trying to put my strawberry pudding in the freezer for my night time snack.:) I ordered some soup from Lindora for next week...I can't wait until I can have some chilli...wish me luck with these first few days I'm determined not to cheat. Ok it's chicken time!!

I sometimes add a little splenda or truvia to the drinks or the puddings to make them a little sweeter. {who knows what this does but it works for me). As far as Walden farms goes, try the bacon ranch over your veggies, microwaved for a bit (2mins). Made it more tolerable, it will never taste like the real deal but it does make the veggies less boring. A little Walden Farms chocolate syrup in the chocolate shake is pretty good as well.

Good luck and keep working on your variety, really makes a difference.

naynai0428 05-10-2010 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimpchamp (Post 3285733)
naynai0428
Just a thought for you since you're just getting started with IP. It really is a very specific protocol and the products are sweetened with sucralose (SPLENDA), not aspartme (EQUAL) or (high fructose)corn syrup as may be the case with many Lindora products. Just know that IP products are quite different from LIndora except for, perhaps, the caramel nut bar. Check ingredients and nutritional analysis on all labels to see how they line up with those of the IP products. showgirlaz and jordanna, I think, adhere quite tightly to IP so they can tell you more. Every carb counts! Buy pickles without sugars or corn syrup.

Protein products all have that "protein-y" flavor. I actually think IPs are some of the tastiest b/c they don't have a bunch of vitamins added to make them taste even worse.

Also, I've heard that hot IP foods should never be boiled. You can use really hot water but water that is boiling will destroy the very protein your body wants and needs. I'm pretty sure they are all supposed to be consumed within 20-30 minutes of mixing, too. Again, this is my understanding.

The Walden Farms dressings are terrific if you mix in a teaspoon of olive oil or UDO's oil and a bunch of seasonings and sea salt. It'll change the whole experience. My faves are the honey mustard and the Asian as a salad dressing or to dip chicken in. Mmmm, mmm...but AGAIN, mix it w/ a bit of oil b/c you get to have 1-2 teaspoons of oil per day anyway and it will taste like regular salad dressing.

You really can do this! I am and my cravings have changed so much! You will find more creative ways with food so it's more satisfying.

Thanks ChimpChamp....yea I wasn't sure if buying packets from Lindora was a good idea, but it was half the price. I figured one week on IP and one week on Lindora and then I would compare the results, I don't I will lose as much on Lindora but if I still lose something I might have to think about changing just because of the price. On the hot drinks, I just put it in the microwave I didn't boil it...probably because I'm lazy and it would have took longer...lol, but know that I know it takes away the protein I definitely won't.:)
And thank u soooo much for the Walden Farms advice...I'll try it later this week and let u know how it was...this forum is sooo great, having so many people to look to for encouragement and advice, I LOVE IT!!

naynai0428 05-10-2010 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denialdoesntwork (Post 3285803)
I sometimes add a little splenda or truvia to the drinks or the puddings to make them a little sweeter. {who knows what this does but it works for me). As far as Walden farms goes, try the bacon ranch over your veggies, microwaved for a bit (2mins). Made it more tolerable, it will never taste like the real deal but it does make the veggies less boring. A little Walden Farms chocolate syrup in the chocolate shake is pretty good as well.

Good luck and keep working on your variety, really makes a difference.

Thanks for the advice, I will be trying the microwaved dressing tomorrow maybe with lunch, and I live across the street from a Meijers so definitely will be running over there to go some chocolate syrup. Maybe it will be good in both the chocolate and cappucino mix!!

LastStubborn10 05-11-2010 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguin0199 (Post 3285312)
Has anyone ever heard of taking a collagen supplement for the loose skin? I just goggled collagen and stuff about supplements came up. I had never heard of them before and was curious if you all had.

From what I understand collagen supplements cannot actually replace lost collagen and elastin. It is better to try to find something that stimulates your own collagen growth such as keratin or retin-A.

I'm not an expert so you might want some other opinions. Just my 2 cents. :?:

chimpchamp 05-11-2010 12:08 AM

naynai0428 I totally understand the $$$ of IP and believe me, I buy numerous alternatives that cost a fraction of the price. I've written about some of them in my previous posts. I've also read that some folks add a li'l chicken broth to their soups and they are definitely tastier with bits of diced celery, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, or whatever non-restricted veggie suits your fancy! Also, don't forget that 4 egg whites and 1 yolk is somewhat nutritionally similar to the IP egg packet and much more cost effective!!

I'm excited for you and as you know, you can do all things through Him! Isn't He wonderful???

want2run 05-11-2010 12:15 AM

Hey everyone (oldies and newbies too), I'm back on the IP train. I fell off a couple of weeks ago and really struggled to get back on. I was doing well with breakfast and lunch and then falling apart with dinner, a lack of preparedness messes with my drive for sure. I have been back on the plan for 5 days now and am back to my pre-faltering weight and feeling great.

I can see the 200's just around the corner and calling my name. "I'm coming, don't leave me behind!!!"

Hope everyone has a great week.

WyoSun 05-11-2010 12:15 AM

Thank you guys for all the kudos on my numbers. It just goes to show that the scale isn't the only thing to look at. And I feel great. I will mostly be lurking since I am working for the census and they are push, push, push to get this done. There is one plus.....I'm too busy to worry about any cravings or food I shouldn't have. Barely have time to fix my IP stuff!!!

And, Elizabeth.......what am I to do without a double cheeseburger meal?????
That was unbelieveable. I had never seen it. I'm in a deep depression!!!!! Thanks.....