Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 04:48 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 245.6/229.5/160

Height: 5'6

Has anyone ever heard of taking a collagen supplement for the loose skin? I just goggled collagen and stuff about supplements came up. I had never heard of them before and was curious if you all had.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:53 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
I looked at your links. Do you realize they are dated 2009? Seems odd to me that they'd still be held up from 2009 when I know my clinic just opened this year and has been getting shipments fine up until the ready to drink vanilla drinks became backordered.
You are right, as a point: I actually don't have a problem with taking saccharine or cyclamate at all.
Probelm is that my clinic actually told me (on Friday) that their shipments are held at customs by FDA and she doesn't know when they would be released. I have emailed her today asking what the exact problem is but I would think that the 2 might be related.

I haven't heard about backordered problems BUT all food items being held at customs of SeaTac airport.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:55 PM   #33  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

HockeyMom- I think the Oprah show is Wednesday.
I will look up the boots info and give you a page number to look at. It is near the end of the book. Sorry you aren't seeing a fast moving scale right now. I am hoping that mine will keep going down for awhile again. My scale was almost at 188 today but it settled at 189.
Made the kale chips today. Anything a little different is great at this point. I probably ate too many-- they are easy to just keep eating. Got the Mt. Olive sweet pickles that have no sugar too. Love them so thanks to whomever suggested both these things!
Well done everyone who's had losses== CarlaSherea and SylvieG Lucky you.
Wyosun-- I am getting blood work done in another 3 weeks. I can't wait
to see what the difference is although I didn't have any real issues to begin with.
Your numbers are so great and in just 5 weeks too.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 05-10-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:14 PM   #34  
Started IP 4/22/10

S/C/G: 242/219.5/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Oh I am so close to the 160's that if I stand on my tippee toes I can see it from here!!!! I weighed yesterday and was 171. My goal is 160, so I'm pretty excited. I told my coach I was really getting tired of Phase 1 and she moved me to Phase 2. It has been a really nice change and you don't feel so "on display" that you can't eat what everyone else is.

NSV I wore a dress to school today that has been hanging in my closet for 2 years with the tag still on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvieG View Post
130s... watch out - here I come!

Finally, my plateau seems over and the scale showed 140,4 this morning! OK, still am a morning scale hopper but felt soooo good this morning that I had to share!
FAN FREAKING TASTIC!!!! I'm doing the happy dance for both of you!
Old 05-10-2010, 05:17 PM   #35  

Height: 5'8"

so i just wanted to say that i just tried a caramel nut bar today and am promtly going to trade back the 3 i got this morning. they are too yummy and i will eat a box of them if they are in my house
Old 05-10-2010, 05:21 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
so i just wanted to say that i just tried a caramel nut bar today and am promtly going to trade back the 3 i got this morning. they are too yummy and i will eat a box of them if they are in my house
I agree! I had to get 2 bars this week because they had nothing else and will NOT have them as they are so yummy.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Then mamerin and pitakitten stay far away from the caramel delight.....I believe they are calling to me now...darn it for that 1 restricted a day!
Old 05-10-2010, 05:51 PM   #38  
Started IP 4/22/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
I agree! I had to get 2 bars this week because they had nothing else and will NOT have them as they are so yummy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Then mamerin and pitakitten stay far away from the caramel delight.....I believe they are calling to me now...darn it for that 1 restricted a day!
OhHH the Vanilla Peanut makes me sooo happy. I learned though to cut them up into bite size bits and put them in the freezer. That way it is harder for me to chew them up and takes some work and I don't have a whole bar in one sitting.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:53 PM   #39  
Started IP 4/22/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
HockeyMom- I think the Oprah show is Wednesday.
I will look up the boots info and give you a page number to look at. It is near the end of the book. Sorry you aren't seeing a fast moving scale right now. I am hoping that mine will keep going down for awhile again. My scale was almost at 188 today but it settled at 189.
Made the kale chips today. Anything a little different is great at this point. I probably ate too many-- they are easy to just keep eating. Got the Mt. Olive sweet pickles that have no sugar too. Love both of these things so thanks!
Well done everyone who's had loses== CarlaSherea and SylvieG Lucky you.
Wyosun-- I am getting blood work done in another 3 weeks. I can't wait
to see what the difference is although I didn't have any real issues to begin with.
Your numbers are so great and in just 5 weeks too.
Ok smack me for not paying attention but what book are you all talking about?
Old 05-10-2010, 05:53 PM   #40  

Height: 5'8"

good idea ibdadozer, knowing myself though i'd throw the whole box in the microwave on defrost and make it happen! i'm a real fat kid at heart!
Old 05-10-2010, 06:14 PM   #41  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Oh I am so close to the 160's that if I stand on my tippee toes I can see it from here!!!! I weighed yesterday and was 171. My goal is 160, so I'm pretty excited. I told my coach I was really getting tired of Phase 1 and she moved me to Phase 2. It has been a really nice change and you don't feel so "on display" that you can't eat what everyone else is.

NSV I wore a dress to school today that has been hanging in my closet for 2 years with the tag still on it!
OMG Congrats!!! And please UPDATE YOUR TICKER, that is some accomplishment to be SEEN ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvieG View Post
130s... watch out - here I come!

Finally, my plateau seems over and the scale showed 140,4 this morning! OK, still am a morning scale hopper but felt soooo good this morning that I had to share!
GOOD FOR YOU!!!, Maybe I will do the same on Friday (fingers crossed)
Old 05-10-2010, 06:20 PM   #42  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibdadozer View Post
Ok smack me for not paying attention but what book are you all talking about?
Women Food and God by Geneen Roth. I highly recommend this book. It's quite fascinating actually.
Behaviors that you have been doing for years and not really understanding, she explains so clearly. How many of us are just wishing our lives away waiting to lose weight to
accomplish our goals?? And I just found the guidelines she keeps talking about in the book on the very last page. P. 211. Eat when you are hungry. Eat sitting down. Eat without distractions. Eat what your body wants. Eat until you are satisfied. Eat in full view of others. Eat with enjoyment, gusto and pleasure. You really need to read the descriptions to understand what some of these guidelines really mean. None of these guidelines mean go binge and have a free for all although we might read them that way! I think she'll discuss the book on Oprah on Wednesday.
HockeyMom-- quoting from page 161. "When I first realized how simple it was to end the compulsion with food -- eat what your body wants when you're hungry, stop when you've had enough--I felt as if I had popped out of life as I knew it and suddenly found myself in another galaxy. As if I'd been trying to slog through quicksand with lead boots and was now soaring in a world where gravity didn't exist, and all I did - all there ever was to do--was take off the damn boots."
This chapter really resonated with ME!!!
P.163"Freedom from obsession is not about something you do; it's about knowing who you are. It's about recognizing what sustains you and what exhausts you. What you love and what you think you love because you believe you can't have it."
Oh gosh -- you could just go on quoting this book forever....

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 05-10-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:25 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 187.6/177/130

Smile Newbie on IP

Hello all!

Its been wonderful reading all your reviews here. I am going to sign up for the diet this Wednesday and starting soon after! Congrats to all of you!

I never believed it was possible, but reading all your stories, it looks like it just might be! I have about 50lb to lose. I am 27 and I've never been thin, just thinner than right now!

Someday(soon) i will wear a bikini for the first time, feel like the prettiest girl in the room and do all the things i've been putting off because i always felt too self-conscious about myself. I'll try to keep posting here to help others the way you've all helped me.

Btw, is there a specific thread for vegetarians on ideal protein phase 1? i do need ideas for phase 1 dinners.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:19 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 302/287/175

Height: 5'10"

Just popping in to say "HELLLOOOO"! YOU ALL ARE VERY SUPPORTIVE AND THANK YOU FOR THAT. LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE IS DOING FAIRLY WELL. WELCOME NEWCOMERS. SEE YOU ALL SOON
Old 05-10-2010, 07:20 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 241/173/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMama View Post
I am on day one of my new lifestyle change. I have 50 pounds to lose.

Started this morning with the Banana-Pineapple shake, wasn't delicious but ok.

Lunch was the chocolate pudding, again not delicious but I can see adding some ice and putting it in blender and it might be alright.

I also made a huge bowl of salad for lunch, and couldn't finish it. Celery, cucumbers, mushrooms and romaine lettuce.

I did find that I had to munch on some lettuce between breakfast and lunch. But I don't know if I was hungry , or worried about being hungry. YKWIM.

so my first day questions are .....

Supplements, took my vitamins, iron pill, and cal-mag this morning. It kept coming back at me all morning. I could taste the capsules (at least that's what I think it was). Anyone else have this, or maybe I took too long to swallow them.

Veggies - I know you can have two cups of veggies with lunch and dinner. Can I spread it around more than that, have say 1/2 cup morning snack, then lunch, then afternoon snack then dinner.

I see some of you using splenda, my coach has said no sweeteners at all. He said 1 ounce of milk in coffee or tea in the morning. but I need sugar, so my chooses are not drink it at all, or use a sweeter. What do you do.

So looking forward to my real food tonight, chicken with shredded broccolie, cauliflower, asparagus tossed in olive oil and a little garlic and rosemary down under the broiler.

Of course I will be staring at the lasagna, and leftover birthday cake for my husband yesterday. Thankfully there is only enough to feed hubby and the kids so I have no choice but to eat the chicken.

Water so far isn't hard, I find I'm actually thirsty, so its only 1:00 here and I'm already 6 500ml bottles into the day, shouldn't be a problem get the right amount in.

Thanks in advance for your help

Kim
Hi Kim! So glad to see you posting here! It sounds like you're off to an awesome start. You will be absolutely amazed at how quickly the weight starts falling off of you. If you need anything you know where to find me, and the ladies here are amazing with a wealth of knowledge. Welcome!!

Danyele
Closed Thread