Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 11:37 PM   #376  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by r101 View Post
When and how often do you take your Omega-3. I was given a bottle in my starter pack, but the sheet doesnt mention when and how many to take?
Take 2 with breakfast and 2 with dinner.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:51 PM   #377  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
so I found a store close by that sells WF products; what are the recomendations and what are the NO NOs??

so far I remember mayo was a no no.

any other input?

I don't know what I would do without WF products. The salad dressings I like are Russian, Blue Cheese, Thousand Island, Balsamic and Italian with sun-dried tomatoes.

I made tunafish with the mayo and added dill pickle juice and Mt. Olive dill relish, and it tasted great.

I microwave a tsp. of the raspberry jelly with the maple syrup for the orange pancakes and plain crepes. Blueberry syrup is also good by itself. Also, I put the peanut butter and the jelly in the plain crepe to make a mock peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

The apple butter is super. I mix it with the oatmeal and cinammon.

Love the caramel. I put it in the middle of the chocolate muffins before I bake them and I also mix it in the vanilla pudding.

I also like the ketchup, marshmellow sauce, chocolate sauce, and I have the strawberry sauce but haven't tried it yet.

The only products I don't like are the scampi sauce and the alfredo sauce.

I buy WF through American Diabetes Warehouse.com. Instead of $4.99 each, they are $3.89, plus they have promo codes and free shipping if your order is large enough.

After reading a lot of comments about alternative ready made drinks, I bought the Premier Protein drink. Costco only had chocolate. It was $23.49 for 18. Not bad, but not as good as IP. Tried EAS vanilla and did not like it at all.

Everyone's tastes are different, so you really need to try what you think you might like.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:54 PM   #378  

S/C/G: 249/203/135

Height: 5ft 7 "

Quote:
When and how often do you take your Omega-3. I was given a bottle in my starter pack, but the sheet doesnt mention when and how many to take?
I was told to take one at breakfast, one at lunch and one at supper.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:01 AM   #379  

So my little guy has a change table that has like a hutch/bookcase thing that goes above it, and somehow it fell on him today. Luckily my husband took the brunt of the weight but Hudson has two huge bumps and a gash on his head. We rushed him to emergency where they told us he was going to be fine but I felt like a terrible mum.

By the time we got out of the hospital it was after 7pm and I was tired, emotional and hungry. I had myself and my husband convinced that we were going to have Subway for dinner tonight...and then when we got back to our town & my husband started driving toward Subway I changed my mind and came home and cooked some chicken and had it over Asian slaw...It felt so great to make the right decision even when I really really didn't want to.

Oh and thanks for the votes but someone else kicked my butt and got about twice as many votes as I did so I don't think I'll win the makeup - I really appreciate the effort though!!

Oh and I can't find frozen rhubarb anywhere - anyone in Canada buying it? What grocery store are you finding it at?

Last edited by jordanna; 05-14-2010 at 12:02 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:05 AM   #380  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
So my little guy has a change table that has like a hutch/bookcase thing that goes above it, and somehow it fell on him today. Luckily my husband took the brunt of the weight but Hudson has two huge bumps and a gash on his head. We rushed him to emergency where they told us he was going to be fine but I felt like a terrible mum.

By the time we got out of the hospital it was after 7pm and I was tired, emotional and hungry. I had myself and my husband convinced that we were going to have Subway for dinner tonight...and then when we got back to our town & my husband started driving toward Subway I changed my mind and came home and cooked some chicken and had it over Asian slaw...It felt so great to make the right decision even when I really really didn't want to.

Oh and thanks for the votes but someone else kicked my butt and got about twice as many votes as I did so I don't think I'll win the makeup - I really appreciate the effort though!!

Oh and I can't find frozen rhubarb anywhere - anyone in Canada buying it? What grocery store are you finding it at?
Sorry to hear about Hudson! Glad hes ok!
Great job on not cheating! You should be very proud of yourself!!!

I have also been having a very hard time finding rubarb! I have really looked everywhere. But one store said they will be getting in fresh within the next week! Heres to hoping!!!
Old 05-14-2010, 12:08 AM   #381  

Quote:
Oh! You are sooooo not a bad mom! Sometimes things just happen! Don't worry! I know Hudson would never blame you! He loves ya!!!!!
Old 05-14-2010, 12:08 AM   #382  

Height: 5'8"

jordanna did you look in the frozen fruit section? that's where our rhubarb is or by the frozen pie crusts. hope you find it!
hope baby boy is feeling ok don't beat yourself up about it, you're a great mommy!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-14-2010 at 12:09 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:18 AM   #383  
New To Ideal Protein

S/C/G: 230/211.8/165

Height: 5 ft 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by karleem View Post
Oh! You are sooooo not a bad mom! Sometimes things just happen! Don't worry! I know Hudson would never blame you! He loves ya!!!!!
For sure Jordanna, do not feel that way!! Once I had my son sleeping with me in my bed and I heard someone at the door and I ran to get it!! I heard a thump and OMG he hit the deck! He is 11 now and no brain damage!! I told him about that and he just laughed. It was a hardwood floor too!! OUCH!! poor fart. We all have accidents! Just a story that you can tell ur little man later on! He will be just fine! take care
Old 05-14-2010, 12:51 AM   #384  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Jordanna!...glad to hear that Hudson is alright....and since I KNOW I am an emotional eater...major kudos on making that dinner decision.
As for rhubarb..it makes me smile now...My second post ever on 3FC was my love of rhubarb zapped in the micro, BevS was the only to back me up at the time that it was really on phase 1...good to know I am not alone in my obsession. I am in Calgary(surprise) from Edmonton, and I am pretty darn sure that only Safeway carries it. It is beside the frozen strawberries. Superstore/Sobeys/ Costco/Walmart/IGA definitely don't. I haven't checked a Co-op yet. Safeway sells a bag for $4.69......this much info will only confirm my insanity over rhubarb. One thing I will say is that after 5 weeks, I now hardly use any Splenda at all, you start to lose your taste for the super sweetness. Whew enough said!

Omega's....I was never given any in my starter pack, but since it was strongly recommended, I have been taking 2x a day. Morning and night. Although my "go to" gal BevS has me thinking, I will add a few more.

CW....can't wait to see new pics, especially knowing what a wonderful time you must be having with your hubby! It will show in your smile I am sure.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:57 AM   #385  

Oh thanks Calgary!! I will go in to the city and check Safeway tomorrow....I'm so excited about rhubarb! I'm really hoping it's going to satisfy my fruit craving that I've been having lately!
Old 05-14-2010, 01:46 AM   #386  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post

that's great, my middle name is nichole as well, but i've never met anyone with the same spelling so i just assume everyone's a "nicole"

she's a hoot, you'll just love her!
did you read about the sparkling water from HEB?
LOL, I do the same thing with assuming I'm the only one who has the h! What's the scoop on the sparkling water from HEB? I really hope it's okay to drink because there are times I would looooove to have a flavored beverage that's not a protein packet! I promised I would go one more week without caffeine so we can see how I do. I also avoided coffee until today, which I think caused me more pain than gain, lol, but as a true caffeine junkie, it was nice to see I could live without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Take 2 with breakfast and 2 with dinner.
Oops, I multi-quoted the wrong post but I was just gonna add that I also take my omega supplement with breakfast, lunch, dinner.
I
Old 05-14-2010, 01:55 AM   #387  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

WOW...so many posts I can't keep up! Such good information being passed around! Gotta love it!

Carl and Erin...Your photos are amazing! You should both be so proud of yourselves.

Jordanna...so glad your computer is back and you are able to visit us. I voted for you and signed my mom in and voted for you again. I sent it out to some of my friends that I knew would also vote, I hope we are not too late and can help you out, you DESERVE it! I am so happy for you to be in baggy size 18s! Isn't it amazing we can be in the 200s and get in a size 16? I am not there yet, but hope so soon. Too bad we can't come up with some type of clothing exchange the way we are rolling through clothes so fast. I know gastric bypass clinics have clothing exchanges frequently, but we are all so spread out.

Have a good weekend all! Hopefully I can get caught up on the posts, I am on page 24 now and have to stop and get to bed or I'll never get up in the morning.

Last edited by motiv8edmama; 05-14-2010 at 01:56 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:26 AM   #388  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Hi,

Could someone tell me what to look for in terms of nutritional info when picking up food for phase 1. How many carbs, fat, sugars, protein is recommended?

As a vegetarian , i was told to eat eggs, tofu, portabella burgers, veggies burgers...but want to make sure i dont pick up anything too fatty/high in carbs

Also, anyone heard of the Franklin Farms brand for veggie burgers, thats what my coach had mentioned. Could you tell me where its available?

i start tommorrow...i guess i'll do the packets, salads and eggs for tomorrow or sub with another packet instead of my own protein meal till i figure this out!
IP can get tricky for vegetarians... I now eat seafood, so went largely with that. I did use firm tofu for stir fry on occasion, but if you do that, compare the labels for lowest carb count. Never heard of Franklin Farms veggie burgers... the only veg burgers I used (only rarely) were made from Worthington burger canned product. It's kind of pet-foodish to look at, but it's an easy protein to add to veg for a faux-casserole. I understand they also have cutlets and other items that could substitute for you, but again, take the carbs into account... maybe by sticking to non-restricted IP proteins. Worthington is not so easy to find in supermarkets, and on Amazon you have to buy large quantities, though you might look at Quorn products, which are carried by many major grocery chains. I understand that the Naked Chik'n Cutlets are a good protein option for IP, though I did not try them myself.

The board expert on vegetarian alternatives is Birman. Don't be shy about asking vegetarian questions, as it is a tricky area that doesn't get much attention on the official IP sites.

Good luck!
Old 05-14-2010, 08:02 AM   #389  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Finally at half way to goal!! 4 pounds this week after a lot of weeks of patience! Yes!! Only difference I can think of is more olive oil. Carla(showgirlaz) just mentioned this here-- how she has extra oil each day. I guess I recommend it! Mine has been on cold crisp romaine or kale chips, my new favorite veggie. Sometimes I even dip celery in olive oil mixed with sea salt. I use organic olive oil-- it's important that it be good oil...
Stacerp--made a very small concoction of my own last night. The end result? When you combine a bunch of things you don't really like to begin with, you end up with a big thing of stuff you don't like! What a surprise, right?? I had to throw it away...I do like the caramel and maple syrup a little bit but the chocolate and peanut butter, not so much.
Sam0617- I have both labels for the premixed drinks. will list the info in a little while.
Calgarygirlie-- you & BevS are the ones who told me about the rhubarb. I thought it was a fruit and not allowed. I ate it almost every day for awhile there. It was pretty exciting to find out we could eat it. Didn't BevS post a recipe for frozen and I posted cooking fresh in the microwave...

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 05-14-2010 at 08:15 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:07 AM   #390  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
That's always so scary! Glad he's OK. I don't know how my boys made it to adulthood. The one who had the most serious falls etc. (once sailed halfway across the room when only a few months old by the older brother pulling over the changing table) was class valedictorian and is now an MD. I think they all three had guardian angels watching over them.
Closed Thread