Ip Chat Week May 10 - 16

You're on Page 17 of 34
Go to
  • Rhubarb
    I just made a bowl of rhubarb and it's too hot to eat, but I did taste it. IT'S FREAKIN' AWESOME! I cut up a couple of stalks and nuked it. Added a couple more since it cooked down. Added some Splenda and a bit of sugar-free caramel coffee syrup (can't remember who had that great idea, but thank ya!). Then...wait for it...wait for it.... I added some of my 9 PM Snack: Raspberry Jelly that hadn't set up yet. Yummolo!

I am in the process of making some candy right now (can you tell it's pre-TOM? haha) I'll let you all know how it turns out (and it's NOT rhubarb).
  • Quote: I just made a bowl of rhubarb and it's too hot to eat, but I did taste it. IT'S FREAKIN' AWESOME! I cut up a couple of stalks and nuked it. Added a couple more since it cooked down. Added some Splenda and a bit of sugar-free caramel coffee syrup (can't remember who had that great idea, but thank ya!). Then...wait for it...wait for it.... I added some of my 9 PM Snack: Raspberry Jelly that hadn't set up yet. Yummolo!

I am in the process of making some candy right now (can you tell it's pre-TOM? haha) I'll let you all know how it turns out (and it's NOT rhubarb).
    DROOOL. I just started making another batch, no idea how many stalks cause they were already frozen and cut. its soooooo yummy. I am simmering it on the stove top, its get a bit mushy and so yummy.

how do you make the candy?? or do I want to know?? as I can see myself gaining weight on vegetables here!

just remember this: http://www.weightchart.com/nutrition...-uncooked.aspx based on my calculation I just had 10 grams of carbs.
  • You're all killing me with the rhubarb talk! I was planning to have some tonight but to my horror there wasn't any in my freezer. I can't believe I used my last bag and didn't remember. Guess who will be making a trip to the store tomorrow to stock back up?
  • Candy - kinda...
    Quote: how do you make the candy?? or do I want to know?? as I can see myself gaining weight on vegetables here!
    Ok, so it didn't exactly turned out as I had hoped, but it did the trick. It's all WF products. I heated a little pancake syrup in a ramekin in the microwave. I then stirred in a little peanut butter. I abhor the peanut butter and it tasted yucky, so... I spread it on a plate covered in foil. On one half I spread a little chocolate sauce on the top. On the other half I spread some caramel. Putting it in the fridge didn't really do anything, so I put it in the freezer. After about 30 minutes, voila! Granted, it had a little popsicle-ish texture, but it cured my candy crandy!

Just let me say that I am not trying to 'beat the system'. I just wanted to get thru the PMS cravings
  • Quote: Ok, so it didn't exactly turned out as I had hoped, but it did the trick. It's all WF products. I heated a little pancake syrup in a ramekin in the microwave. I then stirred in a little peanut butter. I abhor the peanut butter and it tasted yucky, so... I spread it on a plate covered in foil. On one half I spread a little chocolate sauce on the top. On the other half I spread some caramel. Putting it in the fridge didn't really do anything, so I put it in the freezer. After about 30 minutes, voila! Granted, it had a little popsicle-ish texture, but it cured my candy crandy!

Just let me say that I am not trying to 'beat the system'. I just wanted to get thru the PMS cravings
    oh lord!! I almost want to close my ears and sing a song, pretending now to be reading this.

YUMMERS.

darn it!

btw, what is this WF you are referring to? must investigate promptly!
  • pitakitten - maybe you already know this but you can't really substitute veggies for an IP. veggies are not protein and you need all 3 IPs each day. I think all of us have been told this a lot of times. We have different instructions about a number of things but this is not one of them. So enjoy the third IP. Sometimes when I am tempted to eat something more at dinner (like extra veggies), I say I will have a dessert in a bit-- I have the vanilla box drink after dinner...
    WF is Walden Farms. they make all kinds of 0calories0fat 0 carbs products - salad dressings which many of us do not like, marshmallow, caramel, chocolate sauce,peanut butter, jelly and more. I do agree with Stacerp that the peanut butter is awful just like the dressings, but it has been suggested here to doctor up the dressings with olive oil and herbs. Guess you can doctor up the peanut butter too with maple syrup!!! lol
    Stacerp-you have to tell me if the scale is affected by your creation.
    I so want to make it and I have every one of those ingredients-- I just never use them for anything. Signed, the sugar monster.
  • Quote: oh lord!! I almost want to close my ears and sing a song, pretending now to be reading this.

YUMMERS.

darn it!

btw, what is this WF you are referring to? must investigate promptly!
    I'm sorry! It was not my intention to cause undue cravings! WF is Walden Farms. It's zero calories, zero carbs, zero everything. I try not to think about what it is made out of I don't eat it often for that reason.
  • Quote: I'm sorry! It was not my intention to cause undue cravings! WF is Walden Farms. It's zero calories, zero carbs, zero everything. I try not to think about what it is made out of I don't eat it often for that reason.
    oh not at all! these days I have lots more self control than that. Also, I appreciate the food ideas given on here. In fact, I am heading up to my treadmil in a bit to walk a bit. Thanks for the WF clarification.
  • Quote: pitakitten - maybe you already know this but you can't really substitute veggies for an IP. veggies are not protein and you need all 3 IPs each day. I think all of us have been told this a lot of times. We have different instructions about a number of things but this is not one of them. So enjoy the third IP. Sometimes when I am tempted to eat something more at dinner (like extra veggies), I say I will have a dessert in a bit-- I have the vanilla box drink after dinner...
    WF is Walden Farms. they make all kinds of 0calories0fat 0 carbs products - salad dressings which many of us do not like, marshmallow, caramel, chocolate sauce,peanut butter, jelly and more. I do agree with Stacerp that the peanut butter is awful, like the dressings but it has been suggested hear to doctor up the dressings with olive oil and herbs. Guess you can doctor up the peanut butter too with maple syrup!!! lol
    Stacerp-you have to tell me if the scale is affected by your creation.
    I so want to make it and I have every one of those ingredients-- I just never use them for anything. Signed, the sugar monster.
    I understand fully, but I seriously had so much rhubarb and kale that i can't do it, not sure I can even have dinner. Vanilla pack might feel great after a quick walk though. I think the answer is in little bit of sweating.

thanks!

thanks.
  • oh my goodness - I MUST TRY THIS RHUBARB!

I'm going to try it with the divinci french vanilla syrup and some Chinese five spice i think
  • I had a SUCKY weigh in I gained .2lbs. I am trying to say it is bound to happen after losing 30 lbs in 9 weeks my body probably needs a break, but it is still hard to handle. My coach was shocked because usually when you move to Phase 2 you lose a bunch the next week. It is going to make me tighten up a little. I haven't cheated, but I don't always get my water or veggies in. I guess those things are important.
  • Quote: I made the rhubarb in the microwave with cinnamon, splenda and a splash of Vanilla extract. The Vanilla gave me the "cake" flavor and I used to have strawberry rhubarb cake that was delicious. I love the rhubarb.
    ibdadozer - All the talk of rhubarb made me crave some. Love it. Stopped at the store and picked up some frozen and made this. Just waiting to finish my main course and have this as a dessert!
  • you guys and your rhubarb talk are killin' me

i must see what all this fuss is about!

what are the kale chips like? i have to admit i've never had kale let alone a crispy baked version.

carla
    don't be so hard on yourself, you're doing WONDERFULLY!

stacerp
    pickled okra IS so yummy, one of my all time favorite foods, can't believe it took me this long to realize, HELLO-you can have that!
  • Carla I'm so sorry you had a sucky weigh in. HUGS to you, and I agree - water is very important. Some of my biggest loss weeks have been when I've guzzled water like it's going out of style.

I'm waiting for the third period of the hockey game to get over so I can access the DVR and watch today's Oprah. I'm going to have to go buy rhubarb tomorrow, you guys are relentless! LOL! Actually it sounds heavenly and like a wonderful change of pace compared to the veggies I've been enjoying.

Jordanna: Just wondering if there was a problem in shipping the Earth Day stuff as I haven't seen it yet? Congrats to you on motivating your dad to get on the IP bandwagon!! I love it. I only hope each and every one of us can inspire the ones we love to take better care of themselves. I know my hubby has started eating better in the last 12 weeks. (ACK I've been doing this for 12 weeks, minus a vacation week!).
  • Hey Hockeymom - I will admit that the day I meant to send it we had the tragic accident with our kitty so it was put on the back burner for a couple days - then to top it all off I live really far away from you and they said it would take about 14 business days to ship to you....so I'm hoping it should arrive soon!!

It has been mailed though, on April 28th if I remember correctly...sorry it's taking so long