Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 03:02 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMama View Post
I too would like to know what to eat when you are truly starving, I ate a head of lettuce yesterday and it did nothing.

On Phase 1 could you have another bunch of veggies mid morning to tide you over to lunch.

I eat my breakfast around 6:00 a,m, so lunch at 12:00 with nothing in between is a long time.

Can I eat half a bar mid morning and the rest in the evening.
When I'm starving, I usually eat half of my next meal's veggies or a big salad with WF dressing (or my own vinegar/oil/herbs dressing).

A bar might make you hungrier because most of them contain artificial sweeteners which could raise your blood sugar similarly to real sugar. But if it works for you, I can't see anything wrong with splitting a bar the way you suggest. Or even having an extra packet or whey protein shake if you're truly hungry. It's better than losing control and pigging out on something forbidden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choosie1 View Post
Question for those of you that have moved to Phase 2.....are you still losing weight? I started phase 2 on Sunday and have watched the scale creap up .2 lbs every morning....what gives? Is this normal? It is not my TOM....so I am confused. I have not been cheating and this is the first time in the 5 weeks I have been on IP that the scale is going the wrong way!!!! HELP!
I have continued to lose on Phase 2, but much more slowly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
unfortunatley I can't figure out how to multiquote my replies...alas
As you read through the posts and want to reply, go down to the right-hand side of the post and click on "multi-quote" in the center. It has quotation marks and a plus sign. It will change colors a bit. When you get to the last post you want to reply to, click on the usual quote reply on the left. Then write your answers after each post, deleting as you see fit. Arrow down and click on "preview post." If it's OK, click on "submit reply."
Old 05-12-2010, 03:19 PM   #212  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

So my new favorite thing......rhubarb! I can't believe it is a vegetable. Today I cut some up and added splenda and a dash of cinnamon, heated it on the stove and feel like I'm eating pie filling without the crust I highly recommend this if you are getting sick of the same ol veggies, like I am.

On the subject of Ketostix, I am barely registering a trace anymore. I'm trying to not get overly concerned because I am not hungry, so I'm sure I am still in Ketosis. My coach mentioned to not judge by the sticks, but I'll admit its kind of hard not to.

Last edited by carlasherea; 05-12-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:29 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 241/173/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
So my new favorite thing......rhubarb! I can't believe it is a vegetable. Today I cut some up and added splenda and a dash of cinnamon, heated it on the stove and feel like I'm eating pie filling without the crust I highly recommend this if you are getting sick of the same ol veggies, like I am.

On the subject of Ketostix, I am barely registering a trace anymore. I'm trying to not get overly concerned because I am not hungry, so I'm sure I am still in Ketosis. My coach mentioned to not judge by the sticks, but I'll admit its kind of hard not to.
I am totally loving the rhubarb too! So yummy! I've been eating it a couple of times a week the past 3 weeks.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:29 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 232/168/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Careful with that shopping, Bev... seems as I come down the home stretch I'm dropping clothing sizes fast. I bought size 6 slacks, then went back a week later for the same style in another color, and ended up with a size 4. What is that? Size 4? Is that an adult size? My closet has never seen that number without a "1" in front of it.

All I can say is, for all the plugging away through this diet since the end of January, these last couple of weeks have been awesome. I can't believe I look the way I do, and that I can wear all these clothes. The before and after pictures are incredible... my brother in Tokyo woke up his wife at 4:00 in the morning to make her come out to the computer and look at them. Now he wants to go on IP to drop 30 pounds.

If you'd asked me in January if I thought I'd ever be small enough to fit in a size 6 (let alone a 4), I would have laughed and said a size 10 would make me happy. But here I am... less than a pound and a half from my goal (which I lowered 10 pounds from my original target.) If I can do this, you all can.

My advice (though some may think it unreasonable) is to follow the protocol almost religiously. Don't cheat. Don't rationalize that it's okay to bend the rules. I didn't substitute other products (though I purchased my premixed shakes elsewhere.) I didn't stress when I only lost 2-3 pounds a week (I get plenty of stress at work and in my personal life... I didn't need more!) Over the long haul, I've averaged almost exactly 3 pounds a week... including my initial 10 pound loss week 1. Just put your head down and follow the plan. It doesn't last forever, and the rewards are so worth the investment.
Hi Novak, I was just wondering if you could divulge where you buy your premixed shakes, and are they very similar to the IP shakes? I totally agree with the strict adherence to the IP protocol, however, I really like the IP shakes and am interested in a more affordable substitute. In the summer, I work on a ranch and my coach wants me to add another packet to my daily intake. My wallet will be feeling the strain without some alternatives. Thanks.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:43 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 204/170/130

Height: 5'7"

Day two and I am STARVING! I want to eat everything in sight. Not sure if it has something to do with my workout this morning or not? Yesterday and today I have had really loose bowels which I thought most got constipated?

I am anxious to learn everyone's user id and stories you all are such a great bunch! Congrats to everyone on their success!
Old 05-12-2010, 03:49 PM   #216  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateusernames View Post
Hi Novak, I was just wondering if you could divulge where you buy your premixed shakes, and are they very similar to the IP shakes? I totally agree with the strict adherence to the IP protocol, however, I really like the IP shakes and am interested in a more affordable substitute. In the summer, I work on a ranch and my coach wants me to add another packet to my daily intake. My wallet will be feeling the strain without some alternatives. Thanks.
You can purchase the exact same pre-made shakes that IP has through New Lifestyle Diet and from any Dr. Bernstein clinic...the Dr. B clinics have them cheap $12 for a package of 6
Old 05-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #217  
Started IP 4/22/10

S/C/G: 242/219.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin0199 View Post
I am right there with ya!! I've been very hungry today also. I haven't gotten on the scale since Fri and I'm not planning to til this Fri but I don't feel like I've lost any either. Mine however is because I cheated this weekend.
Hang in there! We can make it through this!!
Well then Katie you are EXACTLY in the same place lol. I also cheated on Mother's day, but was back in ketosis in LARGE quantities by yesterday afternoon. I haven't weighed and won't weigh until Friday because I don't want to get down. Yesterday I felt thinner but today....I feel like a big fat blob... Yesterday my pants felt baggy and loose I had SAD (saggy as s disease as opposed to the other SAD schweaty as s disease which I get when working out) going on in my pants and yet today I don't feel like that. I know it's a mental thing that I need to work through and I'm trying.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:14 PM   #218  

S/C/G: 245/220/140

Height: 5'6"

I've decided the worst thing about IP is that I spend too much time taking bathroom breaks! Is like every 1.5 hours. I know the water is good for you, but it really distracting in my day.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:19 PM   #219  

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJumbie View Post
I've decided the worst thing about IP is that I spend too much time taking bathroom breaks! Is like every 1.5 hours. I know the water is good for you, but it really distracting in my day.
I used to go EVERY hour, it was terrible. Now I drink 5 L of water a day and I don't think I go more often than anyone else! Your body gets used to the larger volume of water, AND I think as I have less fat around my organs I have more room for my bladder to exist and don't feel like I have to pee all the time!
Old 05-12-2010, 04:24 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post

hmmp...I believe I'll be heading to store to buy some rhubarb today. I had it raw before and couldn't take it but the way you describe it, sounds perfect.

Also, re being in ketosis or not: I totaly thought the same, that if I am not eating much and am not hungry then I am in ketosis; glad its being confirmed.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:40 PM   #221  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
unfortunatley I can't figure out how to multiquote my replies...alas

yes to strong coffee; do not judge me but this morning I had the coffee with couple of smokes and still no results.
and yes to taking the Mag pills.
and yes to oil and also my omega-3 pill.

I am going to drink as much as I can today PLUS I might take extra Mag tonight. If that fails, I'll take couple of Senna and see; never taken it before though so a bit worried.
I hear you totally. I suffer from IBS....which I all but cleared up before IP. Now I can be a bit constipated and I have to watch myself! I don't take the IP calcuim as I am already on it with Mag mixed in. The Mag will help, so will water and if you have to, take something like benefibre or metimucal before Senna. I was on Senna for 1 year when I had hurt my back and was on drug therapy. Well--this past November I had a colonoscopy (like you are suppose to at my age) and the Dr found the Senna had coloured some of my bowel yellow----a sensitivity. It can be very hard on you and I am not allowed to use it anymore! So just be careful ok!
Old 05-12-2010, 04:45 PM   #222  

Oh almost forgot!

WI today. Down 3 pounds and 2 inches!! wwoooohoooooo
Old 05-12-2010, 04:55 PM   #223  
Ideal Protein beginner

S/C/G: 268/257.5/190

Height: 5'6

Hello ALL,

I'm new to this support group and i'm so happy i found it. I'll be stating Ideal Protein Monday, May 17th, 2010 and i'm a buit nervous. I've read some incrediable testimonies but my downside is hunger. Will i still be hungry? How long will I have to be on the program before i begin to see results. I'm 22yrs old and i weigh 270 i want to lose 80 pounds. I recently just had a baby boy in Jan. i have soft flappy fat. when i lose weight will my fat sag or will it all tighten up? my counselor told me not to exercise with the program.... im confuse! please help, thanx!
Old 05-12-2010, 04:59 PM   #224  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Oprah show a bit disappointing. The Women Food and God author Janeen Roth was on the show but Oprah talked more than Janeen did. a lot more. I have seen her do this with other authors. Not sure why... she must know if she's advertised an author, that we'd like to hear from them. Otherwise Oprah could have just talked about the book without Janeen being there! Fascinating concepts in this book. Fascinating. We are all enough right this very minute. We don't need one more thing to be perfect. It's our own thinking that has us all believe we are "less than".
Carlasherea-We ate rhubarb stalks growing up dipping it in sugar! A few weeks ago BevS told me that it was allowed on Phase 1. I was flabbergasted because I always thought it was a fruit. So, I've been enjoying it cooked in the microwave with splenda. As the summer progresses, it will be hard to avoid all those delicious fruits so rhubarb is a great choice when we can't have watermelon!

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 05-12-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:10 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 249/203/135

Height: 5ft 7 "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olygirl40 View Post
Hi everyone, getting reading to get on the IP wagon, next week. Really enjoy reading your posts and getting my head in the right frame of mind for diet. What a great group of support here. I am a gastric bypass survivor, and I didn't even have this much support after the surgery. I have unfortunetly put back on few lbs, and am looking to nip it in the bud. My weight gain as before is the infamous and dangerous "belly fat". I hope that the IP diet will help in eliminating this dangerous area, so because that is my target area, I'm wondering if my weight loss will be a quick one or a long slow painful one ( lb a week, kinda thing). Anyway big THANKS for being here.
Good Luck! Don't do what I did and just eat everything I loved the 2 days before. I went thru a major withdrawl. I think slowly cuting back on what you eat to ease into it would help alot. Its hard in the first week, but it does get easier!
Quote:
Originally Posted by natural girl View Post
Day two and I am STARVING! I want to eat everything in sight. Not sure if it has something to do with my workout this morning or not? Yesterday and today I have had really loose bowels which I thought most got constipated?
I was told that you can have up to 5 packs per day to help you ease into it, but it you drink more water, it helps you feel full longer. Your body has to adjust to the new "way" and your body can be doing many weird things. Just be patient, it will all balance out.
I am anxious to learn everyone's user id and stories you all are such a great bunch! Congrats to everyone on their success!
Welcome!
Closed Thread