Ip Chat Week May 10 - 16

You're on Page 10 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: I wont but need something to kickstart my brain & body. Will have some coffee, its better than fat.

interesting that this happens to me every day right around 3 pm!
    Really? I did that too... Go to a naturopath please and check your adrenals and cortisol levels.

Look at the images on this page
    http://multi-carehealth.com/wp/

I was all adrenal. That was me too, come 3pm I was out. They had me taking Phosfood liquid which was great , as well as Licorice (I hated that one) to get me through those hours
  • Quote: just a question for everyone. where are you losing weight mostly on your body?

i have lost a lot of inches in my legs and chest, seems like the waist, arms(i HATE my arms) and hips are taking the longest. are the other ladies out there experiencing the same spot losses too?
    Hi, Erin, I have lost most of mine in my belly, 10 inches. I have also lost 5 inches around the chest, going from the loosest hooks on a 38 D to the tightest hooks on a 36 D. I have lost 7 inches in the hips. I went shopping today and tried on 5 pairs of jeans in a size 6. They all fit, and I bought 2 of them. I have never worn less than an 8 as an adult, even at lower weights. I hear that wherever you put the weight on last, that is the first place it comes off. Makes sense to me.
  • Quote: I wont but need something to kickstart my brain & body. Will have some coffee, its better than fat.

interesting that this happens to me every day right around 3 pm!
    I won't either because well quite honestly I really want to shop in real size clothing nothing with a plus or an X on the label. Well that and what everyone else said too! Seriously....some of those people who work at the drive thru scare me!

I did have half a vanilla pre-mixed IP shake mixed with some decaf coffee blended to smoothy deliciousness it made me VERY happy. Like a Borders Vanilla JavaKula! YUM

Also QueenJumbie made some baked zucchini chips...quite delicious....

Think Apple BUTT .... not Cottage Cheese Butt.....
  • naynai0428 - I think I posted the recipe for the salad dressing a while back. Here it is

"On the topic of salad dressing - I ordered a bunch of the WF salad dressings and loathe them all! Man - I wish I hadn't spent that money! So I've been making my own salad dressing - I love citrus flavors so I've been digging on the following dressing on my salad as well as using it for a marinade for shrimp or chicken which I add to my salad:

2 tsp EVOO
    3 tsp lemon or lime juice
    1 clove fresh garlic
    chopped cilantro (to taste)
    lemon or lime zest
    fresh cracked pepper & sea salt to taste
    pinch of garlic powder

I like more acid than normal salad dressing calls for because I love the citrus flavor and it makes the dressing go farther. My salad with this dressing usually consists of romaine, spring mix, spinach, red onion, cilantro leaves, mixed greens, and cucumbers...yum!"
  • Quote: I've had my 25 posts and have been a member for 20 days but can't seem to figure out where our how to add a signature.
    Hi, ibdadozer, Try this: Click on "quick links" above on the purple bar. Then click on "signature weight tracker." It should walk you through the steps. Then you must copy and paste the correct url (the one for the 3 fat chicks forum) into your signature. Be sure to click on "save" after you've completed all the steps.
  • Quote: Elizabeth since you seem to be the resident "coach" maybe you can answer my question about aspartame. I know we aren't supposed to have it but why? I asked my coach and he couldn't give me a straight answer. Also is it really bad if we have a little because I accidently ordered a shake from Lindora that has aspartame and you can't return them and I don't want to waste it.
    Hi, Katie, Actually, my coach said aspartame is OK on the plan. But I don't use it because it gives me migraines. If you're not sensitive to it, I say go ahead and use it.
  • [QUOTE=chimpchamp;3287084]pitakitten you sound like someone from the "5 HOUR ENERGY" commercial. You do NOT want to go through the drive-thru. Think about it; the employees have not washed their hands, the food quality is beyond bad, they drop your order on the floor and serve it to you anyway, you'll kick yourself afterwards when you realize it really didn't taste as good as you thought it might. Your cravings are changing, remember? So is your body...for the better. Buy some Celestial Seasonings peach or raspberry tea, add a pack of splend or some stevia and enjoy! Have a pickle. Just don't let some silly drive thru get the best of you!

thank you for the support you all. poured myself some coffee with splenda and started to clean my desk at work (needed mindless work). Heading home in a bit to clean up and go for a walk to trador Joe's (need lettuce), that is a total of 3.4 mile walk. After which I will be looking forward to my esspreso drink and some sort of fish that my partner will be cooking.

sort of sad for the poor guy, he was saying the other day that he really misses having wine with me. We used to wine shop together and like a kid in candy store we would try them and rate them. He is supportive though but I know he would love it if I started to drink again.

I ramble on...onwards to more paper shredding and then my lovely painfull walk up the hill.

-El
  • Quote: Really? I did that too... Go to a naturopath please and check your adrenals and cortisol levels.

Look at the images on this page
    http://multi-carehealth.com/wp/

I was all adrenal. That was me too, come 3pm I was out. They had me taking Phosfood liquid which was great , as well as Licorice (I hated that one) to get me through those hours
    This is sooo interesting, my mom has thyroid problems and I keep telling my doctor that I think I do too but everytime he does a blood test and says all normal.
    what is great is that the place I go for my IDP food/coach is also a hollistic healing center; I will talk to them next time I am there which is Friday morning for my weigh in.

btw, I do totally look like the thyroid problem image. AND I always end up having problems in my joints, although that has really gone down since I have been on this diet. I was thinking the other day that I used to take atleast 3 to 4 ibuprofins per day and now I can't remember the last time I took some.

thanks again.
  • Quote: Hi, Katie, Actually, my coach said aspartame is OK on the plan. But I don't use it because it gives me migraines. If you're not sensitive to it, I say go ahead and use it.
    I'm sooo glad to know this Bev! Thanks you!!
  • Quote: This is sooo interesting, my mom has thyroid problems and I keep telling my doctor that I think I do too but everytime he does a blood test and says all normal.
    what is great is that the place I go for my IDP food/coach is also a hollistic healing center; I will talk to them next time I am there which is Friday morning for my weigh in.

btw, I do totally look like the thyroid problem image. AND I always end up having problems in my joints, although that has really gone down since I have been on this diet. I was thinking the other day that I used to take atleast 3 to 4 ibuprofins per day and now I can't remember the last time I took some.

thanks again.
    tell them to do a saliva test on you to check all your levels... by the time the Thyroid issue shows in your blood work it is very advanced. Think about it, your body will protect itself and it's fuel (blood) so all systems will fail before that fails.
  • Went to my official weigh in: -3,6lbs over the last week... Love IP!!
  • Quote: Went to my official weigh in: -3,6lbs over the last week... Love IP!!
    what happened to our .8 party? hahahaha

Congrats girl!
  • Any ideas for how to get back in the game? Brain Transplant? Each day I start off OK, then work and kids, i can't take it! I'm like a wild raccoon in the pantry!!

I don't want to gain the weight back, I want to be in control again. It's like I opened the floodgates. It doesn't help that the last few weeks I was doing IP, I wasn't losing, just maintaining. So I did get a bit discouraged.

Hoping that in writing this I will get my head on straight. Eating is not going to make work or kids easier. Feeling fat will make it worse. Maybe I should write that 100 times?
  • had bloodwork done yesterday. Got a call from the Dr today asking me to come in. ????? ok....

She wanted to go over my labs. Basically, she is concerned because my cholestral is TOO LOW! YEP... too LOW! She thinks I should be off the diet soon. Also, my thyroid results which had started to show improvement, have now tanked again.

My results:

Good is ..... last april .... this february......this week
    total cholestral .....150 - 199 .......160 ....... 118 ................. 92
    triglycerides ........ 0 -149 ............71 ......... 39 .................. 33
    HDL (good) ... more than 45 ..........59 ......... 50 ................. 43
    LDL (bad) .........0 - 99.87 ..........87 ......... 62 ................. 46

She says I am not getting enough fat in my diet. She knows I am not going off unless she can tell me something bad but she suggested I not do this for more than another 3 months. She is planning to retest me at that point.

Also, I found out that not having enough cholesterol and fat makes you prone to not making hormones correctly. It messes up your sex hormones, cause less progesterone, estrogen dominance, anxiety, depression, and stroke.

Guess I have to think this thru and talk to my coach.
  • Quote: had bloodwork done yesterday. Got a call from the Dr today asking me to come in. ????? ok....

She wanted to go over my labs. Basically, she is concerned because my cholestral is TOO LOW! YEP... too LOW! She thinks I should be off the diet soon. Also, my thyroid results which had started to show improvement, have now tanked again.

My results:

Good is ..... last april .... this february......this week
    total cholestral .....150 - 199 .......160 ....... 118 ................. 92
    triglycerides ........ 0 -149 ............71 ......... 39 .................. 33
    HDL (good) ... more than 45 ..........59 ......... 50 ................. 43
    LDL (bad) .........0 - 99.87 ..........87 ......... 62 ................. 46

She says I am not getting enough fat in my diet. She knows I am not going off unless she can tell me something bad but she suggested I not do this for more than another 3 months. She is planning to retest me at that point.

Also, I found out that not having enough cholesterol and fat makes you prone to not making hormones correctly. It messes up your sex hormones, cause less progesterone, estrogen dominance, anxiety, depression, and stroke.

Guess I have to think this thru and talk to my coach.
    wow well glad you caught it now.

Yeah I know I need my fats... otherwise all **** breaks lose LOL