Old 03-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #46  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Just got home from Red Robin. I was scared when we went but very happy with what I got. Ordered grilled chicken sandwich, asked for lettuce as the bun and they obliged and requested side salad. They have a low carb burger and I basically said I want the chicken sandwich, but like the low carb burger. My son had chicken strips, so I ordered his with broccoli and we split his side. He munched on daddy's endless fries. I picked carrots out of my salad and asked for oil and vinegar. In the future, I will have a WF dressing with me at all times. We were driving when we decided to stop for dinner, so we weren't coming straight from the house. We almost never eat out, so I want prepared and was actually quite nervous. I am happy with what I ate, don't feel stuffed, and kept on track completely.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 03-27-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:49 AM   #47  

I am a new member and was wondering if they will allow the packets on my carry on. We are going to London and Ireland.
angelbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:20 AM   #48  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbeliever View Post
I am a new member and was wondering if they will allow the packets on my carry on. We are going to London and Ireland.
Shouldn't be a problem. Check out the "traveling on IP" thread for more information.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:48 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 198/198/130

Height: 5'0"

Cool

Okay, I have a few questions: How can you have a spinach salad AND veggies when spinach is considered one of your select veggies? Can you eat spinach AND veggies? Really? Does this go for bok choy as well? Because I'm getting a bit sick of all the lettuce I have to eat. I would much rather have bok choy or spinach. Also, when you go out to eat, how do you know how much of the meat you can eat? Do you all carry a little scale in your pockets? (JK)

Last edited by fenchurch; 04-05-2011 at 03:53 PM.
fenchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:41 AM   #50  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

and any ideas for sushi restaurant tonight? i know sashimi should be fine.... any other ideas besides rolls without rice?
krg1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:20 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Default Texas Roadhouse

Had dinner this week at Texas Roadhouse. Great for IP! You can get 6oz. steaks that come with two sides. I chose a salad (comes with tomato, hard boiled egg, cheese, & croutons so just ask them to hold the undesirables) and just asked for oil and vinegar instead of dressing. No problem. They also had green beans and steamed veggies for side options.

They usually bring fresh baked bread to the table right when you sit down. Just say no thank you!

W1:-5.4 W2:-4.6
pselias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:30 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 268/254/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenchurch View Post
Okay, I have a few questions: How can you have a spinach salad AND veggies when spinach is considered one of your select veggies? Can you eat spinach AND veggies? Really? Does this go for bok choy as well? Because I'm getting a bit sick of all the lettuce I have to eat. I would much rather have bok choy or spinach. Also, when you go out to eat, how do you know how much of the meat you can eat? Do you all carry a little scale in your pockets? (JK)
I think you can ask how many oz the meat is. I know for steak it is listed, but I think for chicken you can ask too. also, if you know how many oz a normal chicken breast is, then you can know how big it should be at the restaurant. just some thoughts...
albertamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 148.3/124/115

Height: 5' 1"

Exclamation Help...I am going to Don Pablos on Saturday!!!

I am so worried! I have to go to Don Pablos on Saturday for a birthday dinner. I have no idea what to eat and don't want to go off the plan. HELP!!!
Luv a Greyhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:39 AM   #54  

S/C/G: S:222/C:195/G:135

Height: 5'3"

I have found that most resturants are willing to do substitutes and are willing to help you eat healthier. I also started carrying my own salad dressing when I know I am going out. I have enjoyed everyone's different ideas and will keep these in mind when I go out! Thanks!
Timetolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:05 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Today, I forgot my lunch at home, and found that a nearby mongolian grill (Crazy Fire) was the perfect solution! It's a place that lets you create your own meal from a selection of raw veggies, seafood and meats, and then you add your own oil, herbs and seasonings. Perfect!

I have also had no problem getting a plain grilled chicken breast and steamed broccoli anywhere.
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Can you eat the low carb burger at red robin? How do you know if its lean beef or does it not matter

Last edited by wheekers; 06-29-2011 at 03:36 PM.
wheekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:14 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheekers View Post
Can you eat the low carb burger at red robin? How do you know if its lean beef or does it not matter
You can eat any burger as long as there is no bun, cheese, or off-plan veggies/toppings.

Most restaurants use 80/20 beef. Which is pretty good. You can get 93/7 at Safeway, but it's drier and doesn't hold together as well. We make sacrifices.
pselias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:19 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Cool....I love the mushroom burger so maybe I could get that next time with no bun or cheese.
wheekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:27 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 150/150/130

Height: 5'6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timetolose View Post
I have found that most resturants are willing to do substitutes and are willing to help you eat healthier. I also started carrying my own salad dressing when I know I am going out. I have enjoyed everyone's different ideas and will keep these in mind when I go out! Thanks!
Do you have the cookbook? I am in love with the sesame soy dressing and I make it and just keep it with me. it's a lifesaver. I can eat out anywhere and just get a plain salad, steamed veggies and meat cooked dry.
laudie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I did chinese yesterday. I ordered a white meat chicken and vegetable dish without any sauce. NO RICE. I asked them to prepare it msg free, no starch, no sugars, no vinegar or wines. I told them I could do them dish steamed in water or sauteed with an oil only! I had them bring me a little bit of lemon wedges to season with. I took my own sea salt, and a pre-made container of vinegar, soy, chinese five spice as my "sauce".

All chinese places offer white meat chicken, shrimp, scallops, pork, beef and have steamed broccoli, mushrooms, spinach, bok choy, leek, bean sprouts, asparagus. Just look for what sounds good. They will usually make or accomodate any changes and prepare it steamed. Just be sure to watch for the hidden starches in sauces, msg and seasonings. It is the main reason I go steamed and sauce free.
WOW! Thats so not chinese food though. Whats the point in spending the money to go have chinese food if you can't have chinese food. The joy I get out of eating out is having food prepared for me that I can't make myself. Seems pointless. Save your money and stay home!
mymooser is offline   Reply With Quote