Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 11:56 AM   #301  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
I'm way behind on posts, but just have to say OMG! Are you kidding me? Kale chips are my new favorite food! Whoever posted that recipe (sorry, I don't recall), thank you, thank you!
I know I did a while back so YOU ARE WELCOME LOL
Old 05-09-2010, 11:58 AM   #302  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
NOVAK: pretty please tell me how to make Kale chips. Thanks!
Ingredients
1 bunch kale
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt

Directions
Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:00 PM   #303  
getting back on track

Happy Mother's day everyone!
Old 05-09-2010, 12:22 PM   #304  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I'm way behind on posts, but just have to say OMG! Are you kidding me? Kale chips are my new favorite food! Whoever posted that recipe (sorry, I don't recall), thank you, thank you!
Ogdog13 posted the recipe for these in the recipe section back in November. Speaking of Ogdog, has anyone seen her around here lately? Here is the recipe for those wondering about it:

Baked Kale Chips
Ingredients
1 bunch kale
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
Directions
Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:24 PM   #305  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Oops.. sorry Elizabeth. I didn't read down far enough to see that you already posted the kale chips recipe. I guess it is so good that it's worth repeating
Old 05-09-2010, 12:39 PM   #306  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post
Oops.. sorry Elizabeth. I didn't read down far enough to see that you already posted the kale chips recipe. I guess it is so good that it's worth repeating
Hahahaha true that!
Old 05-09-2010, 02:19 PM   #307  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkbait View Post
Not sure if any of you other ladies experienced this, but I am losing at a rate of 1.5 lbs a week. I am strictly on IP and have been doing everything as directed. It took me 13 weeks to drop 25 lbs and I still have 20 more to go before I can reach my goal weight. Does that mean I have another 3 months of this? becaue honestly, I don't think I can do it anymore
I have been at that rate for several weeks now. Trying to decide what to do. I have about another 20 weeks to go at that rate and it seems a bit too much for so long. If I go thru, I will have lost 102 pounds over 10 months. That is pretty average at 2.37 pounds per week. HOWEVER, I lost 40 pounds in the first 10 weeks, 28 pounds in the next 15 weeks, am projecting 34 pounds over the next 20 weeks. So, the real big losses were in the first 3 months. I compared my calories needed per day against how many calories I am eating per day and I am losing exactly what I should each week based on the calorie deficit I am creating. I did the same for my earlier weeks and it tracked right back then too. The only thing I don't have is exercise to add back some of that calorie need that used to be there based on being fatter. Maybe with a little exercise, I would have a bit more of a deficit and could lose a little bit faster??? I have been researching Ketosis, Ketogenic diets, and exercise. NOTHING I can find says don't exercise. In fact, alot of athletes and bodybuilders use these diets while training. The only key seems to go for long, slow, sustained exercise over the heart rate raising sprints and cardio.

Quote:
You're welcome! I posted it back in January on our threads and just recently added it to the recipe 2 thread. I am not sure if there aren't more recipes in the old threads too! I LOVE Kale chips. I also do zucchini chips. I know you can do turnip or rutabaga chips too if your coach allows those veggies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
I had my week 8 weigh in this morning and I am down 2lbs, and 2 inches. I kind of feel like my weight loss is slowing down. I was hoping to see the 140's much sooner...but on a happy note my waste size is officially in the 20's!!!! 29.5 that is. So excited!

I am moving in 3 weeks and I know I will probably have to go off the plan during our road trip since we will be camping and then staying at a friend's house. Any advice on camping while on IP?
Great job on the loss! Camping should be easy! Keep a cooler with you. You can refill it at any store in any town you go to. Buy the premade salads that are already washed. Get the pre cut veggies if you need too. Keep on hand salad foods (lettuce, cucumber, celery, raw onion, zucchini, broccoli florets, cauliflower, mushrooms, or whatever you use). Use water in a bowl to wash everything, slice and put into baggies or plastic containers and keep in a cooler. Then just pull out what you need. If you are using a fire, skewer veggies to cook them or if you are taking a coleman gas stove top (propane) or a tailgate sized grill, have a pot to boil some water and you can steam or boil your veggies. You can cook meat over the grill or, if you plan ahead, just make alot of grilled chicken breast before you leave town. Bag it, freeze it, and it will keep in the cooler. You can defrost what you need a little at a time in the car, in a lunch bag, as you travel. Add the prepared meat to meal or salad. Take lots of ip packets, they can save you. You can get hamburger to cook on the fire or grill, lean ham (watch for a low sodium like dietz watson brand), make hard boiled eggs, turkey bacon, pre cooked shrimp frozen and kept in an ice chest. You can even make up you jello as a hot drink if you have hot water on the trip. Safest/easiest packets will be crisp cereal, drinks, ready made shake/drinks, puddings. The eggs will work too but, again, you need a coleman propane stove or tailgate grill and a pan. It might be too much extra to take and clean up. I don't think so but it depends how simply you want to travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyaboutcomputers View Post
Hello, I am a newbie to Ideal Protein, and blogging. I am very motivated. Thanks in advance for all of your help.
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
NOVAK: pretty please tell me how to make Kale chips. Thanks!
It is post 20 on the recipes 2 thread but, here ya go! There are 2 recipes associated to these links. Prepared slightly different but both are good.

link to sites with Kale chip recipes:

http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/i...sitting-078886

http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/v...e-chips-068449

Kale Chips
adapted from Stacie Billis at ChowMama.com

1 bunch organic kale, torn into 1/2" pieces
3 tablespoons organic olive oil
1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons sea salt

Preheat oven to 400° F. Whisk oil and vinegar and toss kale in the dressing until thoroughly coated.

Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place kale on sheet in a single layer and sprinkle with salt.

Bake for 15 minutes or so, until crispy.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 05-09-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:20 PM   #308  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

How funny! 3 of us were posting the kale chip recipe at the same time.

DEFINATELY a keeper!
Old 05-09-2010, 02:46 PM   #309  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookee View Post
Hi, I can't believe there are 16 pages of comments and I haven't had a chance all week to read any of them. It's been a whirlwind week - we bought a new house and have to get our current house together to sell it... stress, stress, stress.
I've been eating pretty well, but I don't have enough time to eat a salad 2 times a day (sounds stupid, I know) - are there serious consequences of missing a salad every day?
Pookee you dont have to eat a salad twice a day as long as you get your two cups of veggies in. I got so sick of salads I sometimes cut up cucumbers and or green peppers (two cups worth) and just mucnh on them to get my two cups of veggies in.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:11 PM   #310  
Alberta Gal

S/C/G: 154.2/151.2/125.0

Height: 5' 3"

Default Ideal Protein in Spruce Grove, Alberta

You can purchase by the box or individually. The prices are identical to my coach's prices. $27 per box with the exception of the pre-made puddings (so worth the extra $) are $34 with 8 servings instead of only 7.

If you don't have time to get weighed and measured, or if you're a big girl and don't always need the coaching, then this is a great option.

Just search for Ideal Protein on Facebook and Spruce Grove pops up right away.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:38 PM   #311  

Hello everyone my name is Oscar and I am 21. I am new to Ideal Protein and on my 3rd day in. I have one question that I hope someone can help me with. Do I have to use the breakfast and lunch items during breakfast or lunch. I am not to fond of them and would prefer a pudding instead. Is this okay?
Old 05-09-2010, 05:05 PM   #312  
New To Ideal Protein

S/C/G: 230/211.8/165

Height: 5 ft 5

Just seeing if my signature works!!! Yeah yeah
Old 05-09-2010, 05:06 PM   #313  
New To Ideal Protein

S/C/G: 230/211.8/165

Height: 5 ft 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbrochu View Post
Just seeing if my signature works!!! Yeah yeah
damn how do I get it on here!!???????
Old 05-09-2010, 05:38 PM   #314  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Hi Oscar! Welcome!!!!! You do not have to have the packets in any particular order. I have a chocolate ready drink/shake every morning. Sometimes I have the strawberry pudding with an 300mls of water instead and make it a shake. For me, I do not like the breakfast items so much, so after I finished the packets in my starter pack from my coach I never had them again.
So go enjoy a pudding!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2010, 05:38 PM   #315  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Glucosamine, can we have it on IP diet?

Last edited by pitakitten; 05-09-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Closed Thread