Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 02:12 PM   #61  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Thanks jordana, you probably saw my post. Didn't do anything for me. Just made me hungry the next day. I'll stick with boot camp.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:15 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by naynai0428 View Post
also has anyone bought the supplements from the store versus from IP?
I spread them out along with my own suppliments. 2 tyrosine pills/VitC/VitD/omega3 in the morning. 2 cal/mag around lunch time. 2 calmag/potasium/multi around dinner time. Since am in northwest I have always taken 1000 units of D per day; not enough sunshine here. Tyrosine is to give my thyroid a little bit of a boost.

I would think taking them all at once is not so good because you want them to get absorbed and maybe too much at once could cause your body to get rid of some.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:25 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Naynai... I second pitakitten. I take mine throughout the day. In Canada it gives you that recommendation on your info sheet. I would stay away from taking them all at once.
I believe that several folks here have purchased supplements outside of IP, but for myself I have just stayed with IP. Probably more to do with sheer laziness in comparing products to ensure I get the same stuff

Last edited by Calgarygirlie; 05-04-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:54 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Naynai... I second pitakitten. I take mine throughout the day. In Canada it gives you that recommendation on your info sheet. I would stay away from taking them all at once.
I believe that several folks here have purchased supplements outside of IP, but for myself I have just stayed with IP. Probably more to do with sheer laziness in comparing products to ensure I get the same stuff
I'm the same way - the vitamin aisle is SO confusing at the store. Tried to look around the Vitamin Shoppe store and couldn't believe the options. Too much for me so I follow the recommendations of my coach (these are IP vitamins):

AM: 1 Multi-Vita, 1 Potassium Calcium
DINNER: 1 Multi-Vita, 2 Cal-Mag
PM: 2 Cal-Mag
Old 05-04-2010, 02:56 PM   #65  

Well, it's about 12:00 noon and my stomach still feels full after a Premier Nutrition Tetra Pak (11 oz Chocolate Drink) My mouth wants something in it but, I'm not kidding, I still feel stuffed 3 1/2 hours after having that shake.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:21 PM   #66  

Height: 5'8"

oh my, my! been out of the loop for a few days...plugged in a cord to the wrong spot on my router-no internet for days and now i feel dumb after have a tech guy come to the house and point out my problem, i blamed it on the lack of carbs in my diet these days

cw-i cannot WAIT to hear hubby's reaction!

pookee-awesome weigh in!

jordanna-i hope your laptop gets fixed son, we all miss you terribly.

dk-YOU should be an ip coach, you are so knowledgeable and have great input here

ok, so i had an amazing moment on sunday. got back from the lake to pick up my son from my MIL's and stepped on the scale in her bathroom, it said 180!!!!! i weigh in tomorrow, we'll see how accurate her scale was but i've got my fingers crossed to be in the 170's tomorrow morning.

wa-hoo! just squeezed into my blue cults from 2003(was 19 in '03 & pre-babies)! i'll admit they're tight but shoot- they zipped without sucking in, i'll take it

welcome all the newbies, i have been on IP 2 weeks tomorrow and this has been the BEST decision of my life(besides marrying my husband and having my kiddos!)

good luck to all this week, i have missed you!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-04-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:41 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 241/173/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksb001 View Post
I'm the same way - the vitamin aisle is SO confusing at the store. Tried to look around the Vitamin Shoppe store and couldn't believe the options. Too much for me so I follow the recommendations of my coach (these are IP vitamins):

AM: 1 Multi-Vita, 1 Potassium Calcium
DINNER: 1 Multi-Vita, 2 Cal-Mag
PM: 2 Cal-Mag
This is how I take mine also. I also take Omega 3 (I already had them on hand, they aren't IP) with breakfast and dinner.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:52 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

incredibly dizzy today. Second day of week 3 and I just want to crawl into bed; maybe my body is going through an adjustment period? it better go away soon.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:16 PM   #69  

Hi all. Just started IP today. Feeling good so far. Had the Pineapple-Banana Drink for breakfast and the Wildberry Yogurt for lunch along with my 2 cups of veggies and lettuce. Hoping to lose 35 pounds. Really looking for some inspiration and recipe ideas that don't involve too much work or fuss.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:25 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin0199 View Post
Starting day 5 of IP today. I've gotten over being hungry all the time, unless I eat later than normal, but I'm finding it hard to get in all 4 cups of veggies and sometimes the snack IP. I'm just too full to eat all 4 cups and when it comes time for the 3rd IP package I'm still usually full. I have never eaten much to begin with and I was lucky to get 3 meals in. Any ideas on how to make sure I'm getting all of it in?
Hi, penguin, If I'm planning on eating an early dinner, then I have my last packet shortly before bedtime. However, if I'm going to be eating after 7 or 8 p.m., I eat the last packet in the late afternoon, about 3:30. This spreads the meals out more. If you can't eat 2 cups of vegetables (measured before cooking) at once with a meal, you could eat a cup's worth midway between breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner. That way you'd just have to eat a cup at a time.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:36 PM   #71  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
These drinks have 30grams of protein in them. Is that to much protien to have in one drink? I am in maintanance phase right now and will be restarting phase 1 the end of next month. I am not going to do the ip packets as the cost is to high. I have ordered some stuff from Lindora and have gotten a few of the EAS shakes. I would like to purchase these shakes from our costco but am worried that it would be to much protein 3x a day. any thoughts?
ok, so here is more info on the amount of protein that you need or can process.

Given the nature of IP you know we are low on Glycogen which is the first place our body goes for energy...now, here is the fun part, if you have more protein your body can store it for glycogen...THAT'S A GOOD THING because THIS won't turn into fat if you are having good protein...follow me so far?

So what happens is a process called GLUCONEOGENESIS and here is some info on that for those who may be interested

"The synthesis of glucose from noncarbohydrate precursors is called gluconeogenesis.
This metabolic pathway is very important because glucose is the primary energy source for the brain.
Erythrocytes do not have mitochondria and derive all of their energy by glycolysis converting glucose
into two molecules of lactate.
The daily requirement for glucose for a typical adult is around 160
grams. In the blood, approximately 20 grams of glucose is carried
at any one time. In the liver approximately 190 grams of glucose is
stored in the form of glycogen. This is a little more than a day’s
supply of glucose. For fasting periods longer than one day, or
during periods of intense exercise, glucose must be synthesized
from noncarbohydrate precursors in order to maintain the blood
glucose levels. The noncarbohydrate precursors are pyruvate,
lactate, oxaloacetate, amino acids and glycerol. The
noncarbohydrate precursors enter the gluconeogenic pathway in the
forms of pyruvate, oxaloacetate and dihydroxyacetone phosphate.
There are two major sites for gluconeogenesis, the liver and the
kidneys. The liver accounts for 90% of gluconeogenesis in the
body, the kidney’s produce the other 10%. Very little
gluconeogenesis occurs in the other tissues of the body. The liver
and kidneys maintain the glucose level in the blood so that the brain,
muscle and red blood cells have sufficient glucose to meet their
metabolic demands."

ok so after all that gibberish here is the bottom line. If you are TRULY being carb conscious and all you CAN add protein ...SLOWLY back into your diet because your body will need it. How much? well up to about 1.5 grams per pound of LEAN BODY MASS. Here is my example
I am at 173lbs
Body fat is about 29%
This means 50.17lbs of me are fat (yuk, I now)
SO...122.83lbs of me are LEAN sooo I should slowly increase my protein intake to about 184gr of protein MAX.

IF you are going to do that, make sure you go in increments of no more than about 10gr of protein in cycles of about 4 to 5 days.

SO...To answer your question...YES your body can handle it, and it won't hurt it, just be choosy of the protein you are adding.

I was told there is a brand of protein that is zero everything pretty much, used by body builders and such, called Zero Impact. I am going to look for it as well because it is a safe way to add that extra protein without adding the other gunk that goes with it. May not be tasty, no idea as I have not tried it yet, but when I do I will report to you. Lets see if it really is zero everything.

SO, was that more info than you bargained for? HAHAHAHA

Last edited by deinekatze; 05-04-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:50 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 245.6/229.5/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hi, penguin, If I'm planning on eating an early dinner, then I have my last packet shortly before bedtime. However, if I'm going to be eating after 7 or 8 p.m., I eat the last packet in the late afternoon, about 3:30. This spreads the meals out more. If you can't eat 2 cups of vegetables (measured before cooking) at once with a meal, you could eat a cup's worth midway between breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner. That way you'd just have to eat a cup at a time.
Thanks Bev I'm gonna try to do it that way. I talked to my coach about the veggies and he said I could cut back some but just make sure it's not totally. I don't plan on totally cutting them out but I wanted to make sure it wasn't gonna affect anything if I didn't get the total 4 cups in.

Also has anyone tried the Atkins Advantage Shakes. I'm wondering if they would be the same as the EAS shakes.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:53 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by naynai0428 View Post
thanks calgarygirlie!!! quick question to everyone when do you take your supplements (vitamins)? all at once or spread out through the day?
Hi, naynai, I take 1 multi-vitamin without iron with breakfast and another with dinner. I take 2 fish oil capsules with breakfast and 2 with dinner. I take 1 potassium calcium pill with breakfast. And I take 2 calcium magnesium capsules with dinner and 2 at bedtime. I also take a probiotic with breakfast to help with irritable bowel syndrome throughout the day.

I buy my vitamins from Our Health Coop online at www.ourhealthcoop.com. They also sell the IP potassium calcium there for a bit more than IP sells it. My IP dealer requires a minimum order of 4 boxes every time we order so I just don't order anything from them anymore. Actually, my initial IP kit contained the Our Health Coop vitamins instead of IP's except for the potassium calcium so I continued to order them on my own for a significant savings.

Last edited by BevS; 05-04-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:07 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 190/179/130

Height: 5 3

Default Just started

Just starting on this website. Just started IP about 5wks ago. Lost 11lbs and 10in but i am hitting plateau. I do Insanity workout 6-7days a week. Not sure if not eating enough due to the workout???
Just didn't expect to hit plateau so soon. Got ~50lbs to go.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:14 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 190/179/130

Height: 5 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin0199 View Post
Thanks Bev I'm gonna try to do it that way. I talked to my coach about the veggies and he said I could cut back some but just make sure it's not totally. I don't plan on totally cutting them out but I wanted to make sure it wasn't gonna affect anything if I didn't get the total 4 cups in.

Also has anyone tried the Atkins Advantage Shakes. I'm wondering if they would be the same as the EAS shakes.
Had to do the same, veggies with protein were too much. Ate them as a mid snack. Worked better.
Closed Thread