Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 02:19 AM   #31  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrook View Post
I'm starving. I don't get it. I've been doing IP for 12 days now and things have been great. Appetite has really diminished. But today! Is this normal to be so ravenous, out of the blue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Hi everyone! I have a question. Has anyone else had a week where they have not lost a single lb, and they have truly not cheated? It is not my TOM, nor approaching and this week was a bust. It was like I had hit the ground running, and week 4 was a total standstill.

Thanks everyone! It is great to see the NSV and the lbs lost for all of you, it truly does help to keep motivated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemiesse View Post
I am sort of in the same predicament... I am in my second week on IP, doing Boot Camp with no restricted items whatever; I am following it precisely. The first week I lost 6lbs and now, since then I have lost 2 ounces, that is it. I am so bummed and I really shouldn't be hopping on the scale every two hours but I am desperate to see it move more than 2 oz! It isn't my TOM either and I am getting the sea salt in and all the water... I am hoping that its my scale but somehow I don't think so I hope the weight finally decides to budge... maybe we need additional snacks. Right now i'm just doing 3 IP packets and one meal but I have been told that you can up the packets to 4 and a meal...it scares me to eat that much ironically!
Quote:
Originally Posted by newsiemom View Post
Kellyrook, I get the same way right around my TOM. I see BlueMermaid already commented and just wanted to chime in. It's crazy hunger for a few days and then I'm totally fine again. The scale usually is very nice to me the week after TOM too, so it's something to look forward to. Nice work on not cheating! Keep it up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
here is hoping that my peroid stops as it has been going on for a while now AND that by friday I see the scale move downwards again.

Hey Ladies!

Yes, I get RAVENOUSLY hungry at weird times. USUALLY it is related to my TOM coming. Occasionally, I ate something that had a sugar, starch, or sugar alcohol or citric acid and didn't realize it. Like when someone else tells me the cooked a perfect on plan meal for me . It goes away pretty quickly. Once I did it to myself with too many higher carb veggies. Another time with too much lemon juice. A third time was when I tried to use fennel. I also had some WEIRD span of time where, from week 12 to week 15 I was JUST HUNGRY!!.

Yes, I don't lose as much as I use to either. I frequently see between 1 and 2.5 pounds. I have had many weeks of no loss at all and a few weeks where I actually gained a couples of ounces.

For me, my TOM is crazy. On average it starts every 23 days now (sometimes 21 others 28 and I might spot for 3 to 5 days too) Then I go for up to 10 days. I can't wait to be done just so I can see my body cyclesgo back to normal.

I barely lose anything just before TOM. Gain during. LOSE between 3 and 6 the week after. I average 12 or so a month.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:01 AM   #32  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

WyoSun- I did rocket fuel for a day too with little success. I did eat some lettuce or celery too but otherwise just 4 IPs. Still didn't help me get to the elusive 180sss. I would have done it a second day but had a dinner to go to Sunday night. Trying to just stay on track and be patient.
Any day now it just has to happen....
Hockeymom23- Got my book yesterday. Have just read a little bit but I know there's some good info there for me. I really liked cleaning my closet some too but felt guilty about good clothes that have to go... did you feel that way?

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 05-04-2010 at 08:02 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:15 AM   #33  

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
WyoSun- I did rocket fuel for a day too with little success. I did eat some lettuce or celery too but otherwise just 4 IPs. Still didn't help me get to the elusive 180sss. I would have done it a second day but had a dinner to go to Sunday night. Trying to just stay on track and be patient.
Any day now it just has to happen....
Hockeymom23- Got my book yesterday. Have just read a little bit but I know there's some good info there for me. I really liked cleaning my closet some too but felt guilty about good clothes that have to go... did you feel that way?
I think you will really like the book. Sometimes I stop and re-read things and I can almost see the lightbulb going on in my head. I did feel guilty about the clothes. I gave three bags to a friend of mine who isn't as far along in her weight loss journey, and donated the rest to a local thrift store that raises $ for cancer patients. So....that was a little less guilt-inducing. My husband was in awe of my empty closet. I'm sure he's taking bets as to how long it will take me to fill it again.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:30 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Ok Im trying to stay calm ... My husband comes home today .The kids still think he is coming tomorrrow .They are going to be so surprised . Bad news is I got my TOM last night ! Can you beleive it ? My husband is not going to be happy about that .LOL . Sorry you guys probably dont need to know that .

Ok so I have been doing the Rocket Fuel thing the last three days .Not really noticing a big diffrence besides my energy level is down . Going to do it again today then back to the normal diet . Not sure how these next two weeks are going to go but we will see. HAve a great day everyone .
Old 05-04-2010, 10:07 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 245.6/229.5/160

Height: 5'6

Starting day 5 of IP today. I've gotten over being hungry all the time, unless I eat later than normal, but I'm finding it hard to get in all 4 cups of veggies and sometimes the snack IP. I'm just too full to eat all 4 cups and when it comes time for the 3rd IP package I'm still usually full. I have never eaten much to begin with and I was lucky to get 3 meals in. Any ideas on how to make sure I'm getting all of it in?
Old 05-04-2010, 10:19 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Hi Everyone....Well unofficial weight today (WI on Thurs) and I was 210, down 18 lbs since I started March 12!!!! I am LOVING IP!!

Hi to all Newbies, you won't believe how great IP and this forum is.
Thanks to all of you who post, your encouragement means so much!
Old 05-04-2010, 10:30 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

CHAPLINS: have a wonderful time with your husband!!

COSTCO: Going to the big city next week, will definitely look for those RTD items..case of 24...do you mind me asking how much the case was?
I live 6 hours from the city so don't get there too often...will stock up!!
Old 05-04-2010, 10:40 AM   #38  

Chaplains Wifey: I'm thinking of you and your family today! Can't wait to hear about your husband's reaction to your new look!

Psst: don't look now, but I made it to the 180's today. HOORAY!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2010, 10:46 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
Chaplains Wifey: I'm thinking of you and your family today! Can't wait to hear about your husband's reaction to your new look!

Thank you ! And congragulations on the 180's ! Thats so exciting !
Old 05-04-2010, 10:48 AM   #40  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

CW....now God is really giving you a challenge. LOL Have a blast.
Penguin....sometimes I just have a drink. There are several...it can be a good time to get that pomegranite one with the collegen(sp?) or you can try the raspberry jello.
Yeh I'm not too impressed with the rocket fuel thing. Did it on Sunday and I was really hungry last night. So, I will just stick to my boot camp protocal and call it good.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:54 AM   #41  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Way to go Hockey Mom....that has to feel good!!!!
I am not feeling a bit bad about getting rid of the clothes. Most of them were ones I couldn't wear anyway and should have gotten rid of before. Guess I was holding on to them thinking I would fit into them someday!!! And because of IP I did and now I don't. This way I had something to tide me over while I am losing, so I'm fine with it. I had gotten so I only wore a couple pair of jeans and a few tops. I hated going shopping, so I had a minimal amount of things that fit me. It was so depressing to have to buy such big sizes that I would rather just wear the same thing all the time. I have had fun wearing nicer clothes. Probably don't mind someone noticing me now. Before I just wanted to blend into the wall and not call attention to myself.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:55 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 302/287/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Hi everyone! I have a question. Has anyone else had a week where they have not lost a single lb, and they have truly not cheated? It is not my TOM, nor approaching and this week was a bust. It was like I had hit the ground running, and week 4 was a total standstill.

Thanks everyone! It is great to see the NSV and the lbs lost for all of you, it truly does help to keep motivated.

Chaplains!!!!!! I hope you are able to get some sleep tonight with are the excitement ahead. You have been incredible, and you deserve the most wonderful 2 weeks with your hubby I will be thinking of you with a huge smile on my face tmrw afternoon.......YAY!
I too have had a week like that. i dunno whats goin on and to boot my WI r usually in the mornings and now it will be at 2 in the afternoon.BOOOOO. good luck
Old 05-04-2010, 11:00 AM   #43  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Ok Im trying to stay calm ... My husband comes home today .The kids still think he is coming tomorrrow .They are going to be so surprised . Bad news is I got my TOM last night ! Can you beleive it ? My husband is not going to be happy about that .LOL . Sorry you guys probably don't need to know that .
HOW EXCITING! were you even able to sleep?hehehehe
About the TOM... believe me (and here is my TMI) I don't think he will care! hahahaha

Enjoy the next two weeks. Don't go TOO crazy but also don't get discouraged and remember this, a lot of times when we do eat out it is mainly water retention! You will drop it again so just have fun!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post

WOAH!!! Check you out!!!!

Congratulations! Keep going there....Man before you know it you will catch up to me! hehehe

My new goal is to get into the 160s already...sheesh! Maybe this week, although I too will be having my period...ugh
Old 05-04-2010, 11:31 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 241/173/150

Height: 5'5

I had my WI yesterday and lost 4 more pounds! Like many of you my TOM is going to be starting soon and I've been starving. I just want to eat, eat, eat. For the most part I've been good and resisted eating anything, and the few little cheats haven't been horrible (extra IP packet, string cheese, and a little bit of extra meat at dinner a couple of times). I'm glad I'm not craving stuff like I used to during this time, but I wish I didn't have the feeling like I want to graze all day long.

Yesterday I had an appt with someone that I haven't seen since I started the diet. Once I mentioned the diet, she said that she thought my face looked thinner. She was very curious about the diet and shocked when I told her I've lost 22 pounds in 6 weeks. I go back for another appt in 3 months and she said that she can't wait to see how I look!

On a different note, I placed an order with Lindora last week. I'm anxious for my order to arrive. Has anyone tried the RTD mocha drink from there? I hope it's good!

CW I'm so excited for you! Enjoy these next few weeks with your hubby. I can't wait to hear how long it takes him to pick his jaw back up off the floor when he sees you.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:39 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 240/215/160

Height: 5-9"

Down another 3.6lbs!! Yeah. I am happy losing 3 pounds per week. That is great and realistic. Of course, TOM this week too! That makes for a lot of us. I am glad I don't crave as much either.

I did buy some new jeans yesterday and they are a little snug, but they are stretchy. It is sooo nice to be looking at size 16 and shopping in the "normal" world again. No more plus sizes for me. I am hoping they will get me through the next two months. I should have bought some cheaper ones, but I was feeling pretty good in them.

Good luck to everyone this week! Keep posting.

My docs just got back from a seminar for IP and are now checking food journals to see that we are doing them. They said they are being audited.

Chaplains wifey - can't wait to hear what he has to say!!!

Last edited by mwaller; 05-04-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Closed Thread