Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 10:31 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
Check your blood pressure. Mine has been running 98/63 and I have been head rushing and dizzy. I have started measuring my salt because I don't think I was eating enough of it. Especially if you are working out very hard and sweating, you need to eat more salt.
Thank you! I am heading to pharmacy tomorrow to pick up some pills and I'll check it there. Also, I don't measure my salt, just use it with everything. I have been back to working out since saturday. I'll actually go have some salt now.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:27 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 191.4/160.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
Thank you! I am heading to pharmacy tomorrow to pick up some pills and I'll check it there. Also, I don't measure my salt, just use it with everything. I have been back to working out since saturday. I'll actually go have some salt now.
I was having the same issues with feeling dizzy. My coach recommended that I take in more than the half tsp of salt and it has worked. My blood pressure is much closer to normal and I have more energy. It sounds like, from what I have read here, that the longer period is normal. Mine starts with 2-3 days of spotting and then goes into a full-blown period for 6-7 days. That is much longer than I used to experience. My coach said it is something about the amount of estrogen stored in fat, though I'm not sure of the exact details.
Have a great Wednesday everyone!
Old 05-04-2010, 11:52 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Pitakitten... I don't think you should worry about it being a water fluke. You are doing great. My first 3 weeks I lost 16lbs, and I firmly believe it can't all be water I do walk, but I have stopped really working out while on IP Although I swear running after 2 small children should count for something haha.
Motiv8ed!... That is so great that you are there for your mom. I think that despite her obstacles, it is a great sign that she is still interested in investing her own health. You are making a difference in her life..maybe you should call yourself "motiv8ormama"
YAY for me, I finally figured out all the smileys Hey...does that count as a NSV???
Thank you! My mom is wonderful and I can't imagine not having her around, she is my everything buddy. She is my rock, so as the saying goes, turnabout is fair play.

Don't you love the smileys? You did a nice job incorporating them throughout your post, how fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dalai Mama View Post
I am in my 3rd week and I cannot thank all of you who post here enough. It's so nice to not be the only one going through this process. Each of your success's brings me such good cheer. I'm on IP phase 1 and have lost 12 pounds with another 80+ to go. I may not look different at this point, but I sure do feel better. Thanks one and all.
At times vanity gets ahold of us all, but feeling better is so much more important to me than how I look. Glad you found us, welcome! Keep up the good job on your weight loss!

CW...So happy for you! Can't wait to hear how it went! BOOO TOM!! (don't let it spoil this special time!!)
Old 05-05-2010, 12:09 AM   #94  
New To Ideal Protein

S/C/G: 230/211.8/165

Height: 5 ft 5

I am having a frustrating day!! Not sure quite what was going on today but I have had cravings allllll day! I lost total control tonight and ate a bag of micro popcorn, talk about carb overload. OMG!! I am so mad at myself that was just not worth it at all. Not sure what I am missing but This is the first time that I have had such intense cravings and I have been scrounging for food. Im going to try to start over fresh tommorow and just get back on track!! Has anyone else gone thru this??? I feel severe guilt. Im dreading standing on the scale at my saturday WI! Uggghhh!!
Old 05-05-2010, 12:33 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbrochu View Post
I am having a frustrating day!! Not sure quite what was going on today but I have had cravings allllll day! I lost total control tonight and ate a bag of micro popcorn, talk about carb overload. OMG!! I am so mad at myself that was just not worth it at all. Not sure what I am missing but This is the first time that I have had such intense cravings and I have been scrounging for food. Im going to try to start over fresh tommorow and just get back on track!! Has anyone else gone thru this??? I feel severe guilt. Im dreading standing on the scale at my saturday WI! Uggghhh!!
I was there 2 saturday's ago when i had a chicken salad sandwitch followed by feta cheese and followed by a cookie. Guilt was so bad that I pretty much didn't sleep all night and I think I might have been in tears; just felt like a total looser and how horrible to actually sabotage myself. Almost went there this past friday but ended up throwing everything out. Right now I am thinking about the cherry garcia icecream in the freezer and oh the dibs too.

and its not starting over, remember you have already gotten rid of most of the stuff from before...your body just needs to get rid of this. workout tomorrow and you'll be in ketosis in a day or 2.

Its o.k, tomorrow is another day...don't beat yourself up BUT stop it now!! I mean it in a nice way...just stop OR you are going to make me walk in the kitchen too . I am going to have a tinny bottle of pellegrino and call it a night.

Last edited by pitakitten; 05-05-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:09 AM   #96  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
Check your blood pressure. Mine has been running 98/63 and I have been head rushing and dizzy. I have started measuring my salt because I don't think I was eating enough of it. Especially if you are working out very hard and sweating, you need to eat more salt.
This was an issue for me 2-3 weeks in... I monitored my blood pressure and it was quite low, so I adjusted my medication. Also increased water and sea salt intake. IP suggests salt in a glass of water to counter dizziness... it should work in about 15 minutes. Be careful of dehydration... remember that if you have coffee, you need to offset each cup with an extra glass of water (which I didn't realize when I first started the diet.)

Also read that the 3 week mark was definitely a period of adjustment for your body... that it was just figuring out that tapping into your stored fat was going to be a long term endeavor and not just keeping you going until the next mammoth hunt...
Old 05-05-2010, 07:14 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 249/229/160

Height: 5' 5"

Default Water, water everywhere and nothing to drink

I'm having a hard time getting in all my water each day. I feel like I'm peeing constantly! Ideally we're supposed to drink 10 glasses a day. How do you guys do it?
Old 05-05-2010, 08:10 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I'm having a hard time getting in all my water each day. I feel like I'm peeing constantly! Ideally we're supposed to drink 10 glasses a day. How do you guys do it?
Hi, TDM, I only drink 64 oz. a day, the minimum. I fill up a pitcher first thing in the morning and try to drink 16 oz. with each meal or snack. Lately, I've been trying to drink most of it before 6 p.m. so I don't have to get up at night and save just a little to get my supplements down at dinner and bedtime. I make sure the pitcher is empty before I go to bed.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:45 AM   #99  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
My period started a week early (even though I am on the pill) and still going on...I have no idea when its going to end. I was very dizzy today, I was so cold when everyone else was fine. I honestly had to focus on driving so much till I got home. had a protein pack when I got home and in about 15 mins or so, I wasn't too bad.

Keep me posted, I am a little bit worried about how the rest of the week will go.
Quote:
Me too! Just starting week 3 and Feel the same. Very sluggish, and actually felt alittle pukey today! Not sure about you but my Period is all messed up too! Get spotting every few days, it drives me nuts!! LOL!
Ladies, I've said it before but it is worth repeating. The IP protocol is shocking your system back into place, hormones included, SO your period is affected as well. PLEASE use extra precaution (i.e. condoms) while on this program because the pill alone is NOT effective enough when doing this. Your periods will be weird for a bit until your body adjusts. USE OTHER MEASURES unless you want an IP baby ;-)

Quote:
Add more oil to your diet... More omega 3s or a bit more olive oil, flax seed, or Udo's oil... we need it for our brain to feel satiated and work properly.

Quote:
Are you working out at all? I am going to the gym again and walk on the treadmill for an hour at least and I can down some water then. remember one thing...by the time you feel thirsty you are already dehydrated, so even if you are NOT thirsty have some. Maybe ad some lemon to the water? There is also flavored Stevia if you like (I believe that is allowed)
Old 05-05-2010, 09:57 AM   #100  

Height: 5'10"

Penguin - good job on handling the stress of the week in a totally healthy way! Woohoo!!

I've been colder than usual since being on IP. I think my body is burning my fat layers, which kept me insulated. LOL

For those of you who had a slip - it's OK, don't beat yourself up. Can't go back and undo it, so move forward and make today a better day. You can do it!
Old 05-05-2010, 10:12 AM   #101  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
Penguin - good job on handling the stress of the week in a totally healthy way! Woohoo!!

I've been colder than usual since being on IP. I think my body is burning my fat layers, which kept me insulated. LOL

For those of you who had a slip - it's OK, don't beat yourself up. Can't go back and undo it, so move forward and make today a better day. You can do it!
here's why I think you may be colder...

Have you ever noticed that after eating you would get cold too? Here is why. When you are digesting food all the blood has to flow to your stomach to do it's thing (which by the way is why you should not work out, or swim etc, immediately after eating... what cuts your digestion in that case is that working out makes your blood go to your muscles ...away from processing your food in your tummy)

Anyway, so my thought is your body is sending the blood to melt the fat instead of keeping you warm, because it needs to do that for energy
Old 05-05-2010, 10:23 AM   #102  
Started IP 4/22/10

S/C/G: 242/219.5/140

Quote:
How do we get the water in?

Well I drink one liter on the way into work, another before lunch, and another before dinner and one more before bed.

I pee ALL day and sometimes feel like I'm swimming.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

I made it to the gym again this morning, yay!!! Missed yesterday, but I don't feel too bad as there was no class and I really don't enjoy the gym without the classes. Spin again today, tomorrow is sculpt class and Friday is spin again, I will be there four days this week. Gotta work on the muscle tone now.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:50 AM   #104  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsmith View Post
Just starting on this website. Just started IP about 5wks ago. Lost 11lbs and 10in but i am hitting plateau. I do Insanity workout 6-7days a week. Not sure if not eating enough due to the workout???
Just didn't expect to hit plateau so soon. Got ~50lbs to go.
Insanity is way to intense of a workout to do while on IP. My doctor doesn't want my heart rate to get up and stay up because this messes up the Ketosis state that you are in. I would either cut the frequency in half of your workouts or modify the moves so that you have plenty of rest time in between moves. I've done Insanity and know that it is High Cardio, you aren't consuming enough calories for that.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:04 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 245.6/229.5/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
I have water bottles that are .5L each and so I make sure I drink at least four of those. Plus I eat ice alot throughout the day. Which also helps when I'm hungry.

Last edited by penguin0199; 05-05-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Closed Thread