Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 02:54 AM   #331  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

You should check with your coach on the glucosamine but I asked mine before I started (it really helps with arthritis!) and I thought because it had the word "glucose" it would be a no-go, but she said ok.

and re: the cappucino: I have to say I like it a lot better cold. Its a great breakfast treat with a shot of espresso and a big shaker of ice!

happy mother's day to all you moms out there...and welcome to the new folks!
Old 05-10-2010, 06:46 AM   #332  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Kale Chips
adapted from Stacie Billis at ChowMama.com

1 bunch organic kale, torn into 1/2" pieces
3 tablespoons organic olive oil
1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons sea salt

Preheat oven to 400° F. Whisk oil and vinegar and toss kale in the dressing until thoroughly coated.

Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place kale on sheet in a single layer and sprinkle with salt.

Bake for 15 minutes or so, until crispy.
Ooo... brilliant! Can't wait to try the salt and vinegar version. Thanks!
Old 05-10-2010, 08:58 AM   #333  

Hey everyone just checking in! I had a wonderful Mothers Day (Happy Mothers Day to all the mum's!!); I went out for brunch and had my first cheat in 4 months on the diet, it was wonderful. I even got half an hour of snuggle time from my busy 1 year old! Best present ever!

I'm back on program as of this morning and I'm not worrying about the weight I may or may not have gained from it...I'm just going to keep the memory of my day tucked in my brain, untarnished by a silly temporary gain. So, I'm not weighing in today when I go pick up my food! I'll weigh in next week and I'm sure the results will be great.

And as a non related side note - my laptop is being driven to my house by Purolator as we speak and I should have it back sometime today, then I'll be back in the game. (It's near on impossible to get down to my desktop in the office with a busy baby around!!)
Old 05-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #334  

Height: 5'8"

just weighed myself at work and it looks like i've lost .1 lb since wednesday. looks like the vodka perriers were NOT a good idea like originally believed. oh well, back on the wagon today-trying not to beat myself up about and just keep goin'.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:53 AM   #335  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
just weighed myself at work and it looks like i've lost .1 lb since wednesday. looks like the vodka perriers were NOT a good idea like originally believed. oh well, back on the wagon today-trying not to beat myself up about and just keep goin'.
hahaha MAN we are SPOILED... did you read what you wrote? you LOST .1lbs... HAHAHAHA you still lost my friend, and not even a week yet! You will be MORE than fine so don't worry about it
Old 05-10-2010, 10:04 AM   #336  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

jordana, I miss you....can't wait to have you back.

I need to post this information since it is one of the main reasons I wanted to try IP. This may be TMI for some of you, but I know that it will be interesting for most.

I had my blood work done and wanted you to see what IP can do. I'm sure this is all because of a more healthy diet and losing weight.

Before IP 5 weeks on IP
Cholesterol 302 174
Triglyceride 344 85
HDL 53 47
LDL 180 110
VLDL 69 17
Chol/HDL ratio 5.7 3.7

As of the date of this test I was only 5 weeks into IP and had only lost 18 lbs.
I am now past week 10 and have lost 32 lbs. These numbers are huge for me. I didn't want to go on medication for cholesteral, so decided to try to work on it myself. While I feel that once I go off IP I will have some foods that I miss very much I do not plan on going back to my old eating habits. I want to be around to see my family to the end and I don't think that would have happened had I stayed on my old track of eating. As a side note, my husband had high(not as high as mine) cholesteral and he is also into the normal range. Makes a difference when I don't cook like I used to.

Hope you all had a great Mother's Day.....I certainly did.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:04 AM   #337  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Mamaerin...as DK said you will be fine Just keep trucking forward!
Jordanna...can't wait to have you back again....come on Purolator

WI 5 this am.....please send willpower dust to the scale, it needs a little help pushing downward

Wyosun! Those are incredible numbers! I don't think it is TMI at all. That is exactly what should be shared with everyone! As for foods you might miss, there may be a few, but I bet you have already noticed that you crave some things less, and if you were to actually have some, you body wouldn't love them the way it once did. ( at least that is what I am telling myself haha). I hope you don't mind if I share your story I am mighty impressed!!!! and you should feel wonderful about yourself.....YAHOOOO!

Last edited by Calgarygirlie; 05-10-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:09 AM   #338  
Started IP March 1, 2010

Obviously the spacing didn't work on my last post....so sorry.....hope it makes sense.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:13 AM   #339  
Started IP March 1, 2010

.................... Before IP............ 5 weeks on IP
Cholesterol ..........302..................... 174
Triglyceride..........344....................... 85
HDL......................53....................... 47
LDL.....................180..................... 110
VLDL .................. 69...................... 17
Chol/HDL ratio..... 5.7..................... 3.7

Maybe this will look a little better.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:16 AM   #340  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
.................... Before IP............ 5 weeks on IP
Cholesterol ..........302..................... 174
Triglyceride..........344....................... 85
HDL......................53....................... 47
LDL.....................180..................... 110
VLDL .................. 69...................... 17
Chol/HDL ratio..... 5.7..................... 3.7

Maybe this will look a little better.
now I see it, GREAT WORK!!!!
Old 05-10-2010, 10:20 AM   #341  
Started IP March 1, 2010

Thank you calgarygirl.....I don't mind at all if you share it. You are right about the food. I don't crave things like I did and a lot of things just don't sound good. My biggest problem: french fries.....the smell, seeing someone eating them....the whole thing. I love them!!! Even my mom asked how I was doing without fries!! LOL But, as you can see by the numbers....I just can't have them. Maybe as a treat once I am off IP. I'm hoping for a once a week, eat what I want type day. We'll see.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:49 AM   #342  

S/C/G: 245.6/229.5/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Thank you calgarygirl.....I don't mind at all if you share it. You are right about the food. I don't crave things like I did and a lot of things just don't sound good. My biggest problem: french fries.....the smell, seeing someone eating them....the whole thing. I love them!!! Even my mom asked how I was doing without fries!! LOL But, as you can see by the numbers....I just can't have them. Maybe as a treat once I am off IP. I'm hoping for a once a week, eat what I want type day. We'll see.
Those are some awesome numbers WyoSun! Congrats on that! For you french fries are a weakness, for me its tator tots! Those have been very hard to give up but I'm surviving and hoping they same as you when I'm finished with IP to have a cheat day where I can eat my tator tots
Old 05-10-2010, 10:52 AM   #343  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hey everyone just checking in! I had a wonderful Mothers Day (Happy Mothers Day to all the mum's!!); I went out for brunch and had my first cheat in 4 months on the diet, it was wonderful. I even got half an hour of snuggle time from my busy 1 year old! Best present ever!

I'm back on program as of this morning and I'm not worrying about the weight I may or may not have gained from it...I'm just going to keep the memory of my day tucked in my brain, untarnished by a silly temporary gain. So, I'm not weighing in today when I go pick up my food! I'll weigh in next week and I'm sure the results will be great.

And as a non related side note - my laptop is being driven to my house by Purolator as we speak and I should have it back sometime today, then I'll be back in the game. (It's near on impossible to get down to my desktop in the office with a busy baby around!!)
Don't worry Joradana! You won't have gained anything! So glad to hear you had a lovely mother's day!
Old 05-10-2010, 10:55 AM   #344  
getting back on track

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin0199 View Post
Those are some awesome numbers WyoSun! Congrats on that! For you french fries are a weakness, for me its tator tots! Those have been very hard to give up but I'm surviving and hoping they same as you when I'm finished with IP to have a cheat day where I can eat my tator tots
for both of you, if this video does not cure you then I don't know what will
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IGtDPG4UfI
Old 05-10-2010, 10:56 AM   #345  

woohoo Great Numbers. Those are the ones we need to pay close attention to! You did a great job!
I go in 2 weeks and although I do not have high levels I am anxious to see if I am at the lowest end of the scale now!
Congrats!!
Closed Thread