Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 04:20 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 190/179/130

Height: 5 3

Yes you can have pickles. Mt Olive also makes a no sugar added sweet pickles made with Splenda. My coach said these are allowed too. I have eaten these for years, and LOVE em.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:15 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 245.6/229.5/160

Height: 5'6

I know this has been discussed several times, but rather than having to read through all the other posts to try to find an answer I though I'd just ask again. Which flavor of the EAS AdvantEdge shakes did you guys like the best and are you drinking 3 a day or splitting them up?
Oh and also has anyone tried the french vanilla?
Thanks guys! I really appreciate all the help you all give on here!
Old 05-07-2010, 05:31 PM   #258  

PENGUIN 0199: I like the vanilla, dark chocolate, and the chocolate fudge the most but throw in a strawberry once in a while. I do not like the cafe caramel. 3 a day would be similar to 3 IP packets. I do not drink 3 a day~ I might have one or 2, then 2 real food protein sources (today I had 4 egg whites and 1 yolk which is somewhat similar to taking in the IP egg omelet pack~later I might have ground turkey) Or I might have one EAS and a different protein drink product.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:01 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 245.6/229.5/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
PENGUIN 0199: I like the vanilla, dark chocolate, and the chocolate fudge the most but throw in a strawberry once in a while. I do not like the cafe caramel. 3 a day would be similar to 3 IP packets. I do not drink 3 a day~ I might have one or 2, then 2 real food protein sources (today I had 4 egg whites and 1 yolk which is somewhat similar to taking in the IP egg omelet pack~later I might have ground turkey) Or I might have one EAS and a different protein drink product.
And this has been working for you? I'm having a hard time liking any of the IP packets so I thought maybe I'd give these a try before I need to order more.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:54 PM   #260  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibdadozer View Post
Use the loser *** as motivation to lose weight. Just imagine how GREAT it will feel when you are all hot and sexy and he is just an old middle aged man. 1 lb closer to satisfaction baby, 1 lb closer to feeling better about yourself, 1 lb closer to a sexy new you!

Hang in there every pound counts!
thanks, I needed that smile!
Old 05-07-2010, 06:59 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 210/210/180

Hi everyone!
I wanted to read the entire thread before posting I am on IP but do not buy their products yet. My sister is on it and has lost 30# so I called and told them there is not a place near me so I can just sign on and order. I can also call a coach, but this seems so much more informative. Plus, I am sure if they see that I have not placed an order they will say...what is going on here

I have just completed my 2 week and was down 11# midway but now only down 7#. Don't know what is happening. I drink a shake in the am, a shake and salad with O/V for lunch, bar for snack and meat/vegs for dinner. I am starving! I have not budged on the scale for a few days and even went up that one time. THe only 'cheat' I have had is one night I ate about 1/2 tsp peanut butter. What is wrong?????? I have checked my protein powder and bars with the IP stuff and they are almost identical. No TOM to blame things on because I have had hysto.....any suggestions? getting very frustrated.
thanks for any help and congrats to all who are doing so well!
Old 05-07-2010, 07:04 PM   #262  

TO PENGUIN0199 AKA KATIE
Yes, it's working for me but you may not like the EAS AdvantEDGE drinks if you don't like the IP stuff. Here's my take on it: The IP packs contain protein but no added vitamins, minerals, nutrients so they can be pretty tasty w/o all that chalky, vitamin-y taste. Of course, they taste protein-y b/c that's what they're primarily composed of. EAS AdvantEdge, on the other hand, adds vitamins, minerals, nutrients so they do have some of that chalky flavor but really not bad, especially if you pour over crushed ice. Also, if you get those nutrients in the EAS, you don't have to buy the IP nutrients. So, I could be wrong, but I think IP tastes good b/c they don't add all the vitamins, etc to the packets--you buy and take them separately. The IP Peach Mango drink with lots of ice and water is good; I didn't mind the soups with a few veggies and lots of spices added, I loved the Chocolate Drink, the Wildberry Yogurt as a drink, etc. I drink the puddings and raspberry jelly(o) as a drink. Go to Costco and buy a new product in the Muscle Milk family. It's Muscle Milk's Protein + Pure, Isolated, & Concentrated Milk Protein. It comes in a 3#plastic canister / jar and you could use a li'l less than a level scoop to mimic the IP stuff. I think I paid $28 for this 40 serving canister. Both the chocolate and vanilla taste good to me---better than the EAS AdvantEdge but again, this is not packaged in the convenience of a Tetra Pak so it has to be prepared with ice, water, shaker, etc. It is item # 726 760 at Costco and cytosport is actually the maker. This should not be confused with regular MUSCLE MILK or MUSCLE MILK LIGHT which have much higher carb content. Again, the 4 egg whites and one yolk can substitute for the IP egg pack. You can eat boiled eggs or cook them in skillet with spinach, onion, mushroom, or acceptable veggie. Also, 3-4 oz of tuna or salmon can be substituted in place of an IP pack. If you think about it, just about any low-to-no-carb / low-to-no fat real protein food that has 17-20 grams of protein could be used in place of an IP pack.

Yes, I am losing pounds and inches and my friend put herself on Phase 2 of IP after a bad coach experience. She now eats 2 real food proteins a day instead of one and has 2 protein drinks / treats a day instead of the IP producst. She uses EAS AdvantEdge and MM's Protein +

Last edited by chimpchamp; 05-07-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:15 PM   #263  

TO WUC1013
A lot of people stall in weight loss when they eat the bars b/c they are higher carb. Even though the sugar alcohols and fiber content can be subtracted from the total carb count, it seems folks lose the weight better when they stay away from the sugar alcohols. I, personally, do not lose well with the bars. I do best with low carb / low fat protein drinks and real eggs, plus a real protein meat, poulty, or fish.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:51 PM   #264  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

At my weigh in. Wish me luck.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:33 PM   #265  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

No loss as I thought but 2 inches of stomach. She said TOM etc etc etc. We"ll see next week.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:02 PM   #266  

S/C/G: 176/145/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey guys -

Just noticed that Costco has a $5 off coupon for Premier Nutrition Protein Shakes that have been talked about here. I use them for times when I don't have IP or want a bit more to get met through a longer morning...

the coupon is good for May 13th - June 6th. Limit 2.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:10 PM   #267  

S/C/G: 178.8/170.1/135

Height: 5'4

This is my first post on this site! I just found these forums by searching Ideal Protein on google! I have completed 2 weeks of IP and so far have lost 8.7 lbs! I have not cheated once! Before starting IP, I ate out fairly often---and so far, I have only went out to eat twice in the past two weeks. I am interested to hear restaurants and menu items everyone has enjoyed while on IP. I can't wait to join in on this forum, so far what I read it will be very supportive for me!!
Old 05-07-2010, 09:53 PM   #268  
Started IP 4/22/10

S/C/G: 242/219.5/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
thanks, I needed that smile!
I'm the resident comedian around my house so hit me up ANYTIME! At the end of the day....you are BETTER than him. I had a great moment after my ex-husband and I split up. My daughter found this kitten and wanted to keep it, well I told her that her Dad would let her keep it at HIS house. Go figure that the kitten ended up being a hater of men (or just that one) and would routinely get into his closest and pee on his shoes. HA HA HA
Old 05-07-2010, 11:11 PM   #269  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
When you've got an abundance of zucchini in your garden and you're looking for new zucchini recipes to try, pull this one out. It's a nice complement to chicken parmesan and Italian bread.
Baked Zucchini Chips
Thank you so very much. I can't wait to try them.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:48 PM   #270  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
No loss as I thought but 2 inches of stomach. She said TOM etc etc etc. We"ll see next week.
PITAKITTEN: Inches lost are great!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashby View Post
This is my first post on this site! I just found these forums by searching Ideal Protein on google! I have completed 2 weeks of IP and so far have lost 8.7 lbs! I have not cheated once! Before starting IP, I ate out fairly often---and so far, I have only went out to eat twice in the past two weeks. I am interested to hear restaurants and menu items everyone has enjoyed while on IP. I can't wait to join in on this forum, so far what I read it will be very supportive for me!!
ASHBY: Welcome to the site, lots of great info here and super support.
Closed Thread