Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 08:36 PM   #271  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Band Mom View Post
You can have one restricted item per day.

Our stats are so close! When did you start? I'm wearing a few 14s, but I still have 16s (and some 18s) as well. However, I have a feeling that when I get to a size 10 I will be happy, but I really have no idea right now what weight that will be. I'm willing to adjust as needed. But I remember 135, and it felt really nice.
Kelsey
I started March 1st - my 16's are falling off me - I look like I am wearing clown pants

I really think that each person carries weight differently and someone at 150 and 5'4" could look good great while others can look overweight, or even too skinny. I will also see where it takes me - anything is better than what I was

When did you start? I am SO going to do the Rocket Fuel thing next week.[/QUOTE]

I started March 19th, it was a Friday (6 weeks ago). So we are even losing our weight pretty similarly.

So when are you doing the Rocket fuel thing? Starting Monday? I'll be on the cruise next week, so I won't start it til the following week. I'll have to check in next weekend when I return and see how it went for you!

My daughter saw a picture of me from about 4 years ago and said "you look so good there, Mom, how much did you weigh there?" and I told her around 150 - 160 I think, and she said that's perfect. You don't need to get any smaller than that. SO we'll see. I'll know as I go.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:38 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 232/168/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookee View Post
ARGH! Hubby went grocery shopping and brought home 2 bags of chips. Yes, he's on a diet too (weight watchers), but the temptation is killing me!! My first weigh-in is tomorrow morning, and I would feel incredibly guilty blowing this diet this early in the game. HELP!!
You're not gonna blow it. Hang in there, stay strong. We know you can do it! Have your snack tonight, pick something you love from the IP you have and sit quietly and savor it. Pretty soon the willpower will kick in. You are so strong, you just haven't realized yet!
Old 04-30-2010, 09:05 PM   #273  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
This would be a typical day on the "rocket fuel" plan for me:

IP Cereal 90 0.5 7.0 18.0
IP Choc Pudding 110 1.0 3.0 20.0
IP Chocolate Drink 100 4.0 4.0 15.0
IP Van Peanut Bar 160 5.0 16.0 15.0
IP Chocolate Drink 100 4.0 4.0 15.0
Daily Total calories: 560 Total fat: 14.5 Total carbs: 34.0 Total Protein: 83.0
So what do you guys think?
Old 04-30-2010, 09:08 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Just wanted to pop in quickly as I just spoke with my chiropractor. He had mentioned that for ladies over 25 yrs, we should probably add Vit. D to our supplements. The mulitvit that IP has only provides 80 iu per tablet. His opinion was that for those over 25, about 1000iu is right. That is what is in an average Vit D pill. He also said that it helped to absorb the calcium in our bodies as well, like the CalMag we take.
Not sure if all will agree, but thought I should put it out there
Those of us taking the supplements from Our Health Coop are getting 1200 IU of Vitamin D daily. This is actually pretty minimal. Before I started IP I was taking about 4000 IU daily because I had tested seriously low: 5 when it should be minimum of 30 and optimally over 60. Vitamin D is actually a hormone and not a vitamin. When your body is low in Vitamin D, you feel fatigued all the time, it's difficult to lose weight, and your joints ache. Vitamin D3 in an oil base is what you want to be taking. Get tested. Most people are deficient.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:24 PM   #275  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookee View Post
ARGH! Hubby went grocery shopping and brought home 2 bags of chips. Yes, he's on a diet too (weight watchers), but the temptation is killing me!! My first weigh-in is tomorrow morning, and I would feel incredibly guilty blowing this diet this early in the game. HELP!!
It gets much easier to resist temptation after a couple of weeks or so. My house is still full of chips and cookies and candies because no one else here is on a diet but me. I'm even baking the cookies every week because my husband doesn't want to be eating trans fats and if I bake them, we can make sure it's not in them. I have been on the diet since January 5 and have not had any of these things, but I try to make sure I have "legal" treats around like the bars, cake packets, soy nuts, etc. That way I don't have to feel completely deprived. As you start fitting into smaller and smaller clothes, that will keep you motivated to resist a lot of the temptations as well. Also, every now and then I just get a spoonful of Walden Farms caramel dip to satisfy my craving for something sweet. Or I'll have pancakes made with whey protein and carbquik with the Walden Farms pancake syrup. Don't give up yet! It's worth it!
Old 04-30-2010, 09:27 PM   #276  
NEW IP Dieter

S/C/G: 221/176.5/165

Height: 5 4 1/2"

So when are you doing the Rocket fuel thing? Starting Monday? I'll be on the cruise next week, so I won't start it til the following week. I'll have to check in next weekend when I return and see how it went for you!

My daughter saw a picture of me from about 4 years ago and said "you look so good there, Mom, how much did you weigh there?" and I told her around 150 - 160 I think, and she said that's perfect. You don't need to get any smaller than that. SO we'll see. I'll know as I go.[/QUOTE]

Hey Kelsey I was actually thinking of trying it for tomorrow and Sunday. My daughter is recording in Philly and that way I do not have to worry about trying to find food to accomidate the diet. On Sunday I am taking my other daughter and some friends to the Jersey Shore and again I won't have to worry about food choices. I really like this idea! If the two days go well I will do it for a few more and see what happens.

Have a wonderful time on your cruise
Old 04-30-2010, 09:35 PM   #277  

I'm so curious to see how that Rocket program works! Trying to do Boot Camp this week - it's HAAARRRDDD! Missing food a lot right now.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:32 PM   #278  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

BevS...Good to know, I always thought just taking my Vit D pill each day was enough. I will go get checked. Thank you!
Old 04-30-2010, 11:07 PM   #279  
Lemiesse

S/C/G: 169/163/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

The "rocketfuel" thingy sounds excellent but I guess as beginners we should wait a little to do that right? Also, what exactly is "boot camp"? Is it the restricted stage in phase 1? So many new terms - trying to take it all in! So helpful though
Old 04-30-2010, 11:20 PM   #280  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemiesse View Post
The "rocketfuel" thingy sounds excellent but I guess as beginners we should wait a little to do that right? Also, what exactly is "boot camp"? Is it the restricted stage in phase 1? So many new terms - trying to take it all in! So helpful though
Please do not do the "rocket fuel" diet until you talk to your coaches. If you are 3 weeks or less into the Ideal Protein diet, your body has not gone through all the physical changes necessary. Kelsey is under the advice of a coach she trusts and she has also been on the diet longer than 3 weeks I believe.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:00 AM   #281  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Band Mom View Post
Jordana

You seem to know so much about this diet that I am hoping that you can ansewer two questions for me. (I keep on forgetting to ask my coach on weigh in day - we are too chatty )

Salt - what is the purpose of the sea salt other than the minerals? It is completely necessary? I forget to use all of it per day and I am still losing 3-4 pounds a week.

Salad - Wow - I am beginning to hate the word and even more eating it! I really can't choke it down anymore. I do eat my veggies but have been BAD about eating salad. Do we really HAVE to eat lettuce twice a day??
Hey band mom - regarding the salt, it's actually because on this diet drinking the amount of water that we do we need to replace our electrolytes and minerals that get flushed out of our systems. Using sea salt actually helps you NOT retain water. I know it goes against everything we've learned, but it really is essential to your success on this diet. Salt is also vital for the kidneys to clear excess acidity and pass the acidity to the urine. Which is essentail on this diet because our bodies in ketosis burn stored fat which creates higher acidity.

Make sure you are taking the right kind of sea salt because many salts labeled "sea salt" are washed or boiled, which removes minerals and trace elements from the salt. These salts are absolutely toxic to the body. Beware of "Sea salt" labels. You must use salt that is pink as that is an indicator that it has the minerals and trace elements we require!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Just wanted to pop in quickly as I just spoke with my chiropractor. He had mentioned that for ladies over 25 yrs, we should probably add Vit. D to our supplements. The mulitvit that IP has only provides 80 iu per tablet. His opinion was that for those over 25, about 1000iu is right. That is what is in an average Vit D pill. He also said that it helped to absorb the calcium in our bodies as well, like the CalMag we take.
Not sure if all will agree, but thought I should put it out there
Hey Calgary - I take 1200 iu a day in a drop form, it's super handy. I also take Vitamin C with bioflavinoids and Vitamin E which helps with bruising which can occur once you've been on a ketogenic diet for some time!
Old 05-01-2010, 12:08 AM   #282  

So I have some interesting news:

There is this show in Canada called XWeighted and it's about individuals and families who are trying to lose weight, they document their progress over the course of 4 months I think and it's kind of neat. Anyway they started this XWeighted National Challenge all across Canada, and you had to sign up on a certain day, pledge to lose a certain amount of weight and in the end you could win some prizes if you hit your goals.

Anyway I signed up in January not giving it much thought and I've been posting my weights every week etc. Well they just contacted me and want to do a feature on me because I'm doing so well.

I think I'd like to do it, but also I'm a bit hesitant...it's sort of embarrassing to admit nationally that I let myself get morbidly obese, despite what you all might think I'm actually painfully shy...

Just not sure if I should do it or not!
Old 05-01-2010, 12:30 AM   #283  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Hi all,
I dropped off the radar for awhile, traveling for work. glad to read all the great accomplishments!!

I am 11 days in to IP and feel amazingly good. It was really hard doing it on the road, but it made me see a lot of "triggers". In the past I would wander around the airport before my flight or during layovers, and "graze" my way through--even though I wasn't hungry--just bored. I caught myself window shopping for food and made myself go to a bookstore and browse instead.

My new fun drink (when traveling): make up the cappucino drink in your shaker in the hotel in the morning, and very carefully pack it in your bag. Go past starbucks and get a LARGE cup (like they make a frappucino) full of ice and a single shot of espresso. Pour in your cappucino and a dash of cinnamon. NUMMMY! And you don't feel bad that everyone else in the meeting is eating doughnuts...

I have not had a weigh in yet, since I was on the road. I go in on Monday. My husband has (unofficially, on our own scale) lost 16 lbs already. I have refused to get on the scale, I made him put it in the basement. I don't want to be weight obsessed. I can tell my clothes fit differently which must mean I'm getting smaller. And I feel different, which is very, very good.

I know lots of other folks have commented about scale hopping and not wanting to have the magic number rule their lives...maybe we can all come up with a new term to replace "weigh in"? We all just want to be smaller than we are..maybe it's a "shrink check"? or "mini-me-monitor"? that would be mmm? or....what?

Words are powerful, I want to take control of this phrase "weigh in" and not let it control me...
Old 05-01-2010, 12:50 AM   #284  

S/C/G: 275/197/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
So I have some interesting news:

There is this show in Canada called XWeighted and it's about individuals and families who are trying to lose weight, they document their progress over the course of 4 months I think and it's kind of neat. Anyway they started this XWeighted National Challenge all across Canada, and you had to sign up on a certain day, pledge to lose a certain amount of weight and in the end you could win some prizes if you hit your goals.

Anyway I signed up in January not giving it much thought and I've been posting my weights every week etc. Well they just contacted me and want to do a feature on me because I'm doing so well.

I think I'd like to do it, but also I'm a bit hesitant...it's sort of embarrassing to admit nationally that I let myself get morbidly obese, despite what you all might think I'm actually painfully shy...

Just not sure if I should do it or not!
Jordanna I think you should go for it!! You signed up you may win prizes and you have done so freaking awesome!! I understand while you might feel embarrassed but in reality you should not--you were morbidly obese and you decided to do something about it and you have beens successful--so share it!! Imagine how many people you could touch with your story--you inspire so many people on this web site I can't even imagine how many you could inspire doing this---wow.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:53 AM   #285  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Jordanna! Wow! I think it would be fantastic if you went with the feature. As difficult as the exposure may feel, I think you would make an excellent ambassador for women battling with their weight everywhere. You can show that with the right attitude and determination it really can be done. It also may help in those few moments if you wonder whether you can continue...you have have to the world is watching
I know a realtor here in Calgary who was on the show, about 3 or 4 years ago, she has maintained this whole time.

Personally, I think your kind of awesome should be shared with the world!
Closed Thread