Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 05:46 PM   #211  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

What I meant by great was that maybe my stomach has shrunk and will stay that small!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2010, 06:02 PM   #212  

Height: 5'4"

Calgarygirlie - It is nice see you are in the same boat as me!! I too have only seen .5 lb this week...and I have not cheated!!...oh well maybe I will lose another .5 before Monday WI!
Old 04-29-2010, 07:02 PM   #213  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
And to add to this depressing monring(I know this probably WAY TMI) my stools have gone from solid to fatty, yellow and loose. Did this happen to anyone else around week two? Again, sorry for even bringing up the subject, it just really caught me by surprise, especially with the Ketostick being negative. Maybe a virus...?
Are you taking the enzymes sold by IP. They don't offer them unless you are having bowel issues. They are supposed to help with the constipation and with the loose stools. That same thing happened to my friend for a couple days in week 2 I believe. Her coach told her the fat had to go somewhere, you breathe it out, you pee it out or you know what may have happened in your case. Do you feel ill? This may clear up in a day or so.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:35 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 241/173/150

Height: 5'5

I always knew I was an emotional eater, but doing this diet has really brought it to my attention. I haven't really missed any foods, but when I have an emotional moment all I want is comfort food. I haven't given in to it, but it sure is hard. It's hard to get over the mentality that because I'm having a crappy day, I should get a treat. It totally sucks having to find new coping mechanisms, but it will all be worth it in the end, right?
Old 04-29-2010, 07:39 PM   #215  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

WyoSun-- I will be cheering you on. All of those milestones are so critical to our motivation, I think! By the way I finally looked up the recipe for a crazy monkey. Yes I want one and I will be needing the beach too!!
Jordanna--I am so glad you enjoyed the cake... if it made you smile, my work here is done.
Vicjul-Thanks for the congratulations BUT I was wishing to get unstuck and to the 180ssss. I have been stuck for 2 weeks. I thought the dance might help us all move quicker....I keep hoping each morning.Yes I am one of those scale addicts. It's a good day if I weigh myself just once and not more!
Old 04-29-2010, 08:07 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 145/120/115

Height: 5'4

Well it's been a very stressful week at work, but since Mon nite, I've been back on the program. Dealing with alot of leg cramping. Hoping that when I get back into Ketosis it passes. Trying to stay strong.

As for cleaning out the junk food, when I binge, it's anything I can find..it wasn't even good! Stale cereal, whatever I could stuff in!

Thought I'd put my 2 cents in about the hormone thing. The first month I did IP, it was TOM every other week! Hoping as I continue things become normal. Glad to see it's an IP thing!

So with all the on and off IP, no loss of course, just staying status quo! Hoping by Mon the scale starts moving again!

Stay strong sistas!
Old 04-29-2010, 08:39 PM   #217  

I don't know if this helps anyone or not, but I drink very strong coffee in the morning (those Kirkland beans roasted by Starbucks at Costco make rich, super black coffee!!) and it deals with any potential constipation I might ever have. I admit I drink it too strong and probably too much of it in the morning, but I love it, find it a soothing routine, and I "go like clockwork."
Old 04-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #218  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Wow, I've been trying for almost 2 hours to catch up! It's been a busy week. I'm so happy for those of you who are doing well. My heart is broken for those of you going through personal plights. My sights are set on tomorrow's WI (#6). Hoping I do well. I leave for the cruise on Sunday. I'm trying to remember everyone's advice! But I'll check in again before then. After all I have to come and tell you how WI goes tomorrow! Cross your fingers and hold your breath, hopefully tomorrow I shall enter into the glorious land known to all as ONEDERLAND!

Last edited by Kelsey; 04-29-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:44 PM   #219  

Diceydoe - I'm new here, but a bit of a lurker. I am opening up an IP clinic in baltimore and I just received my backordered shipment of Ready Made Vanilla Shakes today! I am trying one tomorrow morning - I have high expectations!

I have been on the diet for 4 days and have lost five pounds. yeah! and I crossed the hump - today I am no longer starving.

All of you ladies are so inspiring and such wonderful resources. I have learned soooo much on this site. My sister (also new to the diet) called me freaking out on day 3 saying she was laying on the bathroom floor thinking she was going to start puking her guts out. I was able to reassure her that she was not going to die (she is mildly dramatic) that she needed her morning shake (cappacino is sooo delicious) and to drink some water. 20 minutes later she was fine. Crisis over. The whole time I was reading to her posts about the first three days. Having community is so key to success!

So thank you all! I will keep you posted on my progress!
Old 04-29-2010, 08:57 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

HopefulTricia

So sorry, but we will get there I will make sure I do the happy dance fo us !!
Old 04-29-2010, 09:22 PM   #221  

Silly question....

When does the "I feel great" part of this diet begin because I feel tired, grumpy, and tired. Yes, I'm only on Day 6, but I thought I would have felt a hint of the 'land of happiness' that everyone told me about.

Don't mind me and my grumbles.....
Old 04-29-2010, 09:28 PM   #222  

WOOHOO! KELSEY! I see a "WONEDERLAND PARTY FOR YOU TOMORROW!!
Remember this: HAVE A WONDERFUL VACATION!

POOKEE - You should start feeling better next week. Hang in there. Make sure you are drinking all of your water and eating enough of the salt. The supplements are very important as well. If you are still tired and grumpy next week, talk to your coach about taking a second potassium supplement. I have been taking 2 potassium's most of the program and I still feel tired and grumpy sometimes. It helps to take a nap if you need to and can spare the time.

KATIEPOOH
- That is terrific you are opening up an IP clinic. Are you the coach? You will learn a lot from the women on this website and a few of the men if they chime back in. I think the people that have been working through this diet are very knowledgeable.

Last edited by BlueMermaid; 04-29-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:53 PM   #223  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocola View Post
Well it's been a very stressful week at work, but since Mon nite, I've been back on the program. Dealing with alot of leg cramping. Hoping that when I get back into Ketosis it passes. Trying to stay strong.

As for cleaning out the junk food, when I binge, it's anything I can find..it wasn't even good! Stale cereal, whatever I could stuff in!

Thought I'd put my 2 cents in about the hormone thing. The first month I did IP, it was TOM every other week! Hoping as I continue things become normal. Glad to see it's an IP thing!

So with all the on and off IP, no loss of course, just staying status quo! Hoping by Mon the scale starts moving again!

Stay strong sistas!
If your legs are cramping, you're supposed to take an extra potassium pill for three days. I've done this twice since I started. The first time I got diarrhea from the extra potassium, so the second time I only took an extra half of a pill for three days.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:33 PM   #224  
Started IP 4/22/10

S/C/G: 242/219.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelliemom View Post
I always knew I was an emotional eater, but doing this diet has really brought it to my attention. I haven't really missed any foods, but when I have an emotional moment all I want is comfort food. I haven't given in to it, but it sure is hard. It's hard to get over the mentality that because I'm having a crappy day, I should get a treat. It totally sucks having to find new coping mechanisms, but it will all be worth it in the end, right?
I am so with you on this one.... It has been a real eye opener for me. I got a big fight with my fiancé last night and the first thing I WANTED to do (but didn't) was eat something. I've talked to my coach about this and she suggested I keep 2 or 3 midget tootsie rolls in my purse for emergency sake. I had 1 yesterday.

On the upside... I am still on the plan, down 3.2 lbs so far since Tuesday morning! I had the flu Sunday and Monday and was stressed out about being off the plan but couldn't take it but I still did ok.

I'm officially down a total of 6.2 lbs in my first week!

I've been so busy at work that haven't had as much time on here, but I'm trying to keep up.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:20 PM   #225  
Lemiesse

S/C/G: 169/163/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Default Stuck already?

Hello everyone,

I am new on here having started the IP diet 8 days ago. I feel great now and am doing amazingly well in terms of not cheating. I had my first weigh in yesterday and lost 6 pounds. For the past two days however, the scales have not budged. I haven't put weight on, just haven't lost an ounce. I am a scale hopper and am becoming frustrated that I have become stuck already! The only thing I can think that is maybe making an impact on not losing any weight could be the sugar free gum i'm chewing and maybe the coffee even though I use splenda and 1 oz fat free milk.... is anyone else having these same issues?

I am so glad to have found this forum, its great to talk about this stuff with people who understand!
Closed Thread