Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 11:10 AM   #181  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
awesome!! i weigh in tomorrow for the 1st official weight loss WI. i actually work at an insurance agency and my boss is a consultant. she is great and an amazing coach. he name is geri blancken and our number at the office is 246-2122. you will not be disappointed in choosing ideal. my office is right next to hers and i hear clients come in about 6 times daily losing anywhere from 3-8 lbs a week. she gives great tips and advice, feel free to give us a call tomorrow to set up an appointment
good luck!
Old 04-29-2010, 11:22 AM   #182  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
*freakin' out* i did a ketostick this morning and it was moderate. just did another and it's NEGATIVE, i haven't cheated, why is this happening? i've been in ketosis since day 2 and it's dropped on day 8? doesn't make sense.
My coach really told me to not base my Ketosis on the sticks. She said she never could get the stick to show anything but negative. Her Ketones were coming out of her breath! That's why they talk about bad breath on this diet. If your not starving than you are still in Ketosis. That is what I base mine on!!
Old 04-29-2010, 11:23 AM   #183  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
*freakin' out* i did a ketostick this morning and it was moderate. just did another and it's NEGATIVE, i haven't cheated, why is this happening? i've been in ketosis since day 2 and it's dropped on day 8? doesn't make sense.
don't panic and stop using the ketostix. If you follow the diet as it's laid out, you will be in ketosis and shouldn't need to use the stix - nowhere in the diet does it suggest having to use ketostix to make sure you're in ketosis.
Your reading will change even based on how much water you drink so really how reliable are they. I fell for the ketostix hype too - bought them too and tried them out - i used them for like 3 days and only got a trace reading. I knew i was eating properly, doing everything right and losing weight - so that was it for me - threw them away.

Last edited by Mom22; 04-29-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:25 AM   #184  

Hi everyone....I am having a tough week....I am guilty of being a scale hopper....and I know that a lot of you say not to do that...but I have been doing it for years and I am addicted!! The scale has not budged this week...granted it has not gone up....but it is not going down! SO FRUSTRATING!!!! I hope it is just because it is my TOM pretty soon....or if is just a week 3 scenario!

As a side note to all the sister talk...I don't have one...but I have a mother! Boy, I saw her last night and she let me have it! Telling me I had lost too much weight...and that skinny is not always attractive! SIGH! I love my mom to death and she is not a mean person at all...but at 38 shouldn't I know what is ok or not...what is too skinny or not?

Sorry...just had to vent a little......thanks for listening!
Old 04-29-2010, 11:30 AM   #185  

Height: 5'8"

Just had an AH-HA moment. My daughter just brought me a dandelion and asked me what I wished for. I said "to lose this weight". I then blew it and had to blow about 10 times to get all the white fluff off of it. I will be able to do it and lose this weight, but I will also have to keep "blowing" and working for it to happen Love my kids

Thanks y'all for the ketostix info, I have been doing them 3-4 times a day and it's always been light pink to mederate, the negative tan kinda had me down for a bit this morning.

On the sister/mom subject, I know how that goes. My mom is very supportive but I do get the looks from her when I talk about IP and her cynical stares. I'll show her

Last edited by mamaerinb; 04-29-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:34 AM   #186  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Hockey Mom 23 Congratulations on your NSV. I found an outfit in the closet this morning my husband gave me at Christmas and I couldn't wear. Now I can --14P pants which are really a 12. Still have a lot of clothes that are too small however and I'm not quite what you described...so kudos to Novak and you. Must feel great to lose the jacket!
FluffyMama-- Lucky you-- 2 lbs!! Hoping my slump goes away too sometime soon!!
Old 04-29-2010, 11:35 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 275/197/160

[QUOTE=chimpchamp;3268527]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22 View Post
I mentioned the liquid eggs to my coach and she didn't seem to have a problem - to be honest i wasn't really asking for approval by then as i'd spent a ton of money there and figured i'd been supporting them faithfully for quite a while - also, there is 100% markup on the IP products so... No change in weight loss and I still went in every week for my weigh ins. i didn't expect any weight loss difference because i had done my homework and matched the nutritional profile to IP products.

Mom 22, I so appreciate your input here. Yes, I am fully aware from a friend that the IP markup is 100%.She found it so frustrating that her coach almost worshiped IP but cut her down if she had no weight loss--even though inches were lost. He was very accusatory. I'm also surprised how many of you are using chicken broth, DaVinci SF flavorings, extracts and not being admonished by the coach b/c my friend finally had to just walk away from his tyranny. We are actually working together on finding less expensive alternatives and they are definitely out there. She continues to lose inches Dr. Tran Tien Chan's way. It never cost me $4 per meal to eat before. I'm pretty simple and a bargain shopper. From now on, I'm referring to Dr. Tran Tien Chan as my coach and all of you, too. I'm printing out his book and it's true, he talks about a "portion of protein", not the IP itself. He purports a specific amount of protein, fat, electrolytes, carbs in each phase. Hey, he should know, right??? Anyway, Mom 22, thanks a million b/c I am watching my friend shrink and she is so much happier now that she is no longer under the accusatory / scolding tone of a coach who really didn't coach but just pushed product. We're both going to adhere to Dr. TTC b/c he is the real expert on all this.
Like your friend, I have been in that same boat just a couple of weeks ago my coach accused me of cheating and said that anybody over 200 should lose 8 pounds---I walked away also. I have downloaded Dr. Tran Tein Chan's book and printed it out and so far I am doing quite well on my own--of course this web site offers invaluable support--even if I am just reading. You are right Dr. TTC is the real expert and you can do this---think postive!!
Old 04-29-2010, 11:55 AM   #188  

And to add to this depressing monring(I know this probably WAY TMI) my stools have gone from solid to fatty, yellow and loose. Did this happen to anyone else around week two? Again, sorry for even bringing up the subject, it just really caught me by surprise, especially with the Ketostick being negative. Maybe a virus...?
Old 04-29-2010, 12:02 PM   #189  

Height: 5'10"

Fluffy: Congrats! I'm so excited for you!!

Mama: that happened to me too, and then I went into the opposite problem (TMI I know). I take Miralax every day to help with that issue.

Tricia: WOOHOO on the smaller pants! Doesn't that feel good?! So happy for you!

Choosie: I'm a scale hopper of sorts, too. It can work for you or against you unless you take the information at face value and let it go. If you are following the program and eating right and exercising, you can't help if the scale isn't following the downward trend you'd like. I'd guess it has more to do with your TOM than anything. I've had mine twice so far - and lost very VERY little those weeks.

My mom loves me: she brought me fresh asparagus from her garden! LOL Mom and I don't always see eye to eye, in fact most times she's a burr under my saddle.

Last edited by Hockey Mom23; 04-29-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:27 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
there is a really great youtube video about this. do a search on LLVLC epidosde 47? . its livinlavidalowcarb.com I think. Please watch it, it will explain alot.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:47 PM   #191  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Sisters...

With all the sister discussion going on, I feel a need to acknowledge how fortunate I am to have a sister who is also my best friend. She is a full-time caregiver to our younger sister and lives 500 miles from me, but we talk on the phone several times a day and the three of us get together often for travel and visits, for both work and play.

She has supported me fully on this diet, though was initially wary about the approach. She's now about to start up tomorrow, soon to be followed by her husband. I tried to bring her along sooner, but it took time for her to adjust to the fact that it actually works, and that I got great results without a lot of sacrifice and suffering! (She has much less to lose than I did, but her husband has much more.)

The good thing about the timing is that I am now in a position to act as their "coach," which makes the process much less intimidating for her than it might otherwise have been. I am pleased to be able to help them achieve a healthier household, and take some of that stress off her shoulders... it's a truly win-win situation for us both.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:19 PM   #192  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
With all the sister discussion going on, I feel a need to acknowledge how fortunate I am to have a sister who is also my best friend. She is a full-time caregiver to our younger sister and lives 500 miles from me, but we talk on the phone several times a day and the three of us get together often for travel and visits, for both work and play.

She has supported me fully on this diet, though was initially wary about the approach. She's now about to start up tomorrow, soon to be followed by her husband. I tried to bring her along sooner, but it took time for her to adjust to the fact that it actually works, and that I got great results without a lot of sacrifice and suffering! (She has much less to lose than I did, but her husband has much more.)

The good thing about the timing is that I am now in a position to act as their "coach," which makes the process much less intimidating for her than it might otherwise have been. I am pleased to be able to help them achieve a healthier household, and take some of that stress off her shoulders... it's a truly win-win situation for us both.
Good for you Novak! My sisters are significantly younger than me(15 & 11) I so wish I had a family member doing this with me. I guess I get my motivation from this forum though Everyone here is so wonderful
Old 04-29-2010, 01:44 PM   #193  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

For all of us trying to break through to the next level--
in my case, a couple of weeks trying to get in the 1800000000000000sssss. Let's all do a happy dance...:bel ly:

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 04-29-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:21 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
For all of us trying to break through to the next level--
in my case, a couple of weeks trying to get in the 1800000000000000sssss. Let's all do a happy dance...:bel ly:
wow that is FANTASTIC

I cannot wait to get to the 180's !!!!!
Old 04-29-2010, 02:21 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 250/250/170

Height: 5' 7"

Red face New here. Day 3 IP

hello everyone. I am new to the site and on day 3 of IP. I am so happy to find you all. I feel good but am hungry today. It's funny because I find that I can barely choke down the 2 cups veggies with lunch and dinner. But I'm still hungry? I guess it's the carb cravings that haven't gone away yet. So far I have not cheated. I weigh in on Monday.

Question: Why is there no cheese or dairy allowed? If I could just have cheese I could feel satisfied. Oh well. They promise the cravings/hunger subside in a few days.

I got on IP at my Dr.s office. He has lost 75 pounds since Jan 5th. He looks like a different person. I know women lose it slower and his nurse is also on it and she is much deflated although I am not sure exactly how much she has lost.

I cannot wait to look/feel good again
Closed Thread