3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Chat - week of Apr 26 - May 2

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 02:51 PM   #61

S/C/G: 194.8/140.0/140

Height: 5.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I had avery sad thing happen last night, we have two indoor cats and one of them escaped without us realizing it. We got a call from our neighbour telling us that Zoe was under his patio and looked really sick.

We ran outside and got her, and she wasn't moving and she was taking these short laboured breaths, we couldn't see anything physically wrong with her but we think she either got poisoned from getting in to something or maybe run over.

My husband rushed her to the emergancy vet, but being that it's an hour and a bits drive from where we live and she died about 10 minutes before he got to the vet.

I know it's not diet releated but it's on my mind.
I am so sorry to hear about Zoe. I am also a big animal lover and know how hard it is when you loose a pet. We had our cocker spaniel for 13 1/2 years when he went into congestive heart failer one night and had to have him put down the next morning. Take care!
Old 04-27-2010, 02:53 PM   #62

S/C/G: 135/131/125

Height: 5'2"

can NOT eat any of the soups! just yucky. tried leak soup now and jeez, it just wont go down. basically next time wont get any soups. Was my frist time so didn't know.

taste degree: mushroom>leak>>>>>chicken
Old 04-27-2010, 02:54 PM   #63
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

[quote=mamaerinb;3266062]you started at a simliar weight to me, what pants size are you at now? i wear a 10 now but would like to be at a 6(maybe even a 4 ONE DAY)

i know hiow you feel about wanting more. after my daughter was born i got down to about 165, was wearing an 8 and thought i was "fat". oh lord...the psychological issues surrounding weight loss are more of an issue to me than actually getting on a diet and sticking with it. QUOTE]

We're obviously very different body types - at 199 I was wearing a tight size 16 (maybe even and 18) and you're in a 10. I'm a lot shorter so that explains it. I'm wearing a 8 mostly - sometimes 10 and sometimes 6. Nice change!

Old 04-27-2010, 02:59 PM   #64

S/C/G: 185/134/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Hey all!

I am back from Seattle and had a fabulous time with a bunch of my favorite ladies from college! It was a nice and relaxing weekend. Even though I prepared myself to be on IP while I was there - I was off the wagon the first night! My friend's mom decided she would make a special dinner JUST FOR ME and I really wanted to be gracious and not rude - so I just decided to enjoy myself. They all wanted to hear all about my diet and were very supportive of my weight loss. Of course they kept making sure that I was losing weight in a healthy way but I think I convinced them that I was being healthy and getting plenty of nourishment. I have a friend who was very interested and really wants to lose 15-20lbs and would like me to help her get started with IP - so exciting! It was so refreshing to be with a supportive group of ladies - I needed the motivation to spur me on to lose my last 20-25lbs.

They were blown away at how skinny I am and I am only half way there!!!

Back on track today and feeling great - my goal is to be going strong on IP for the next 4 weeks.

Oh and thanks for all of the information on switching phases and being in maintenance - I've been thinking about this a lot lately!

Skinny by Spring!
Old 04-27-2010, 03:07 PM   #65
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/125/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Jordanna, I'm so sorry...

"Do or do not... there is no try."
Old 04-27-2010, 03:10 PM   #66
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/125/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22 View Post
thanks for the nice comments chicks! It's going to be a long one so settle in - I love to share - that's what this site is about
Thanks so much for taking the time... it's a big help!

"Do or do not... there is no try."
Old 04-27-2010, 03:15 PM   #67

o.k I am just going to ramble. right now I am freaking out. I don't trust any of my balances and believe that my weight loss based on what they say is wrong. I don't feel any different at all even though they say I have lost 5 pounds. I cheated heavily on saturday and that put me back 2 days. I went out of ketosis the day after it and came back into it last night. then I realized that my BF had put a splash of vodka in my IP drink on sunday which again has me freaked out.

My first weigh in is this Friday and if I haven't lost anything then I will be fully discouraged.

also, my life in general has been very busy so haven't had the time to work out. If I actually have lost some weight then I will kick into the treadmill mode this weekend.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:15 PM   #68

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

ksb001... I am in Canada and they only place right now I can find rhubarb frozen is at Safeway. It is in the frozen fruit section, I guess it really is the secret veggie
Does anyone else out there in Canada know any other store that carries frozen rhubarb? I have checked out the Sobeys, Superstores etc, but no luck.

Chaplains!!! great work!! I know that I am not the only one here who is excited for your husbands arrival

Pita kitten I truly stick with just the vanilla and the chocolate drinks, and the "puddings" that I turn into shakes. I don't even use ice for those, I just keep cold water in the fridge and mix when needed. They go down easy and they are even yummy. If you have a bunch of the soups left, see if you coach will trade them in for you. Good luck!

ckanable...so glad to hear you had fun, we all need that. Also glad to hear that folks are noticing your hard work. Sending you a hi-5 for getting back on track too. If I was a little more clever I would have put a cute smiley there.

Last edited by Calgarygirlie : 04-27-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #69

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Quote:
I had avery sad thing happen last night, we have two indoor cats and one of them escaped without us realizing it. We got a call from our neighbour telling us that Zoe was under his patio and looked really sick.

We ran outside and got her, and she wasn't moving and she was taking these short laboured breaths, we couldn't see anything physically wrong with her but we think she either got poisoned from getting in to something or maybe run over.

My husband rushed her to the emergancy vet, but being that it's an hour and a bits drive from where we live and she died about 10 minutes before he got to the vet.

I am so very sorry . I am praying for you today . Loosing a pet is a hard thing to go thru . Thank you for sharing with us and know your in our thoughts and prayers .
Old 04-27-2010, 04:05 PM   #70

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
o.k I am just going to ramble. right now I am freaking out. I don't trust any of my balances and believe that my weight loss based on what they say is wrong. I don't feel any different at all even though they say I have lost 5 pounds. I cheated heavily on saturday and that put me back 2 days. I went out of ketosis the day after it and came back into it last night. then I realized that my BF had put a splash of vodka in my IP drink on sunday which again has me freaked out.

My first weigh in is this Friday and if I haven't lost anything then I will be fully discouraged.

also, my life in general has been very busy so haven't had the time to work out. If I actually have lost some weight then I will kick into the treadmill mode this weekend.
you are having the exact same fears i am having about my first weigh in tomorrow. i have followed the protocol exactly and my hubby says i look thinner in my waist and legs but i just DON'T FEEL it. i am terrified of weighing in tomorrow with no loss at all.

i know everyone fears the chance of not losing on the weekly WIs but are other people experiencing this self-doubt like "my body will never allow me to do this no matter how much my mind wants to" thinking?

on a "lighter" note i just had the jello for the first time in a "jelly-like state" and it was yummy! (my first time i used cold water and ended up chugging a raspberry drink instead )
Old 04-27-2010, 04:06 PM   #71
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Jordanna - sorry for your lost... I also have 2 cats at home and would find it hard without them. My thoughts are with you...

WI with my coach tonight... Don't know how it will go as I once again plateau! Wish me luck!

April challenge -2.8#
Old 04-27-2010, 04:12 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22 View Post

We're obviously very different body types - at 199 I was wearing a tight size 16 (maybe even and 18) and you're in a 10. I'm a lot shorter so that explains it. I'm wearing a 8 mostly - sometimes 10 and sometimes 6. Nice change!
you know i am thinking there may be a difference in sizes in canada compared to US clothing. my waist(the smallest part of my mid section, ugh) was 35" last wednesday and my hips were at 42".

you've done fantastic so far, i can't wait to comfortably fit in an 8!
Old 04-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
mamaerinb[/b];3266500]you are having the exact same fears i am having about my first weigh in tomorrow. i have followed the protocol exactly and my hubby says i look thinner in my waist and legs but i just DON'T FEEL it. i am terrified of weighing in tomorrow with no loss at all.

i know everyone fears the chance of not losing on the weekly WIs but are other people experiencing this self-doubt like "my body will never allow me to do this no matter how much my mind wants to" thinking?

on a "lighter" note i just had the jello for the first time in a "jelly-like state" and it was yummy! (my first time i used cold water and ended up chugging a raspberry drink instead )
lets hope for the best. OH YES I am worried that for some reason I am a genetic variation amongst others and this doesn't work for me AND that I must be doing something wrong and I don't know what it is.

btw, I had the esspereso drink without warming it up the first time and had a chug load of grime in my mouth; when warmed up, they are very yummy.

I'll be so elated if I have lost anything on Friday!

Please post an update and let me know how it goes tomorrow.

speaking of mistakes I just had steamed squash and no idea if its allowed or not, I figured its zucchini but yellow so it should be anyone out there know?

Last edited by pitakitten : 04-27-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:43 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post

I'll be so elated if I have lost anything on Friday!

Please post an update and let me know how it goes tomorrow.

speaking of mistakes I just had steamed squash and no idea if its allowed or not, I figured its zucchini but yellow so it should be anyone out there know?
i believe yellow squash has a higher carb content than zucchini but someone please correct me if i am wrong.

glad to hear i'm not the only one out there with that nagging feeling

i will definitely keep everyone posted on my results tomorrow, wish me luck!

Last edited by mamaerinb : 04-27-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:08 PM   #75

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookee View Post
My coach told me that it's not recommended to do intense cardio (i.e. she doesn't want me to sweat) and to stick with 20-30 minutes of walking.... does anyone know why?
(Sorry for the newbie question - I'm in my first week)
Hi, pookee, the simple answer is that it can throw you out of ketosis and can cause you to burn your muscle instead of your fat stores.
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.