IP Chat - week of Apr 26 - May 2

You're on Page 4 of 27
Go to
  • Quote: thank you for sharing!!!!

well I'm on week 7 now and getting frustrated... maybe I have not been strict enough, but I have tried my best without losing my mind (had a teaspoon of Peanut Butter the other night, so sue me!) when I get hungry enough that it hurts I just have to get something!

I love that everyone is having wonderful losses with IP, 5 and 6lbs a week... I sure as heck need a few weeks of that too!!!

I started the "no meats" thing yesterday and no change in the scale yet ...hmph > hehehe yes I am very impatient as I have a wedding to do! LOL

Maybe I wasn't heavy enough in the first place? although I've seen some of you who only wanted to lose 10 to 15 lbs get that results quick too... uh my body drives me nuts (can you tell I'm having one of those days? hahahaha)

Hope this week kicks it in the rear and gets things moving!
    Just a thought for you deinekatze:

You are 5"9' tall and I know from prior threads that you work out. I'm betting that your muscle mass is probably a little higher than most and you probably carry less body fat. Perhaps your losses are a little slower because this diet burns body fat and you are not starting out with as much?

I'm certainly not an expert, but I know my body tends to be "heavy" from muscle even when I am at a lower weight. I am 5"8' and I appear very thin even at 160 (which for some at the same height is very heavy).

I appreciate your posts and just wanted to let you know that you are looking great, and losses - even slower ones, are losses that should be celebrated...from one impatient girl to another.
  • Quote: Just a thought for you deinekatze:

You are 5"9' tall and I know from prior threads that you work out. I'm betting that your muscle mass is probably a little higher than most and you probably carry less body fat. Perhaps your losses are a little slower because this diet burns body fat and you are not starting out with as much?

I'm certainly not an expert, but I know my body tends to be "heavy" from muscle even when I am at a lower weight. I am 5"8' and I appear very thin even at 160 (which for some at the same height is very heavy).

I appreciate your posts and just wanted to let you know that you are looking great, and losses - even slower ones, are losses that should be celebrated...from one impatient girl to another.
    Thank you ;-)

Well I would be happy with 160 lbs right now LOL

A lot of it is fat though... mine was a hormonal thing that did it. I could care less about the scale really, but I need to fit into my clothes hahaha... size 10 is not where I was...
  • Quote: I had avery sad thing happen last night, we have two indoor cats and one of them escaped without us realizing it. We got a call from our neighbour telling us that Zoe was under his patio and looked really sick.

We ran outside and got her, and she wasn't moving and she was taking these short laboured breaths, we couldn't see anything physically wrong with her but we think she either got poisoned from getting in to something or maybe run over.

My husband rushed her to the emergancy vet, but being that it's an hour and a bits drive from where we live and she died about 10 minutes before he got to the vet.

I know it's not diet releated but it's on my mind.
    I am so sorry for your loss. A special prayer for you and Zoe
  • Quote: thank you for sharing!!!!

well I'm on week 7 now and getting frustrated... maybe I have not been strict enough, but I have tried my best without losing my mind (had a teaspoon of Peanut Butter the other night, so sue me!) when I get hungry enough that it hurts I just have to get something!

I love that everyone is having wonderful losses with IP, 5 and 6lbs a week... I sure as heck need a few weeks of that too!!!

I started the "no meats" thing yesterday and no change in the scale yet ...hmph > hehehe yes I am very impatient as I have a wedding to do! LOL

Maybe I wasn't heavy enough in the first place? although I've seen some of you who only wanted to lose 10 to 15 lbs get that results quick too... uh my body drives me nuts (can you tell I'm having one of those days? hahahaha)

Hope this week kicks it in the rear and gets things moving!
    You have taken the words right out of my mouth, I seemed to be stalled and I have not cheated. Not sure if I am not eating enough vegetables but I am really feeling discouraged today.
  • I really want to try the rhubarb with splenda but can't seem to find it in the frozen veggie aisle and it's too early for fresh. Bummer!

Does your grocery store carry it? I'll keep searching - haven't tried Whole Foods or Trader Joe's yet, just local stores.
  • Had my weigh i this morning and lost 5 lbs from last weeks weigh in ! I went to the store and bought me some new jeans today . I can not beleive it but Im into a size 12 ! thats huge for me . I was in a size 20 when I started this diet 14 weeks ago ! Rejoicing ! Only 8 more days till my hubby is home too !
  • Quote: Had my weigh i this morning and lost 5 lbs from last weeks weigh in ! I went to the store and bought me some new jeans today . I can not beleive it but Im into a size 12 ! thats huge for me . I was in a size 20 when I started this diet 14 weeks ago ! Rejoicing ! Only 8 more days till my hubby is home too !
    you see? I knew you would do it!!!!

CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!
  • congrats CW!! i hope that my results are that great tomorrow! you look amazing
  • Quote: I really want to try the rhubarb with splenda but can't seem to find it in the frozen veggie aisle and it's too early for fresh. Bummer!

Does your grocery store carry it? I'll keep searching - haven't tried Whole Foods or Trader Joe's yet, just local stores.
    I found it at the grocery store in both the organic frozen section and the regular frozen foods with the frozen fruit.
  • Quote: I really want to try the rhubarb with splenda but can't seem to find it in the frozen veggie aisle and it's too early for fresh. Bummer!

Not sure where you're located but I live in a very small town and i found it in my local grocery store. Also in Extra foods. I found it in with the frozen strawberries, and other bags of frozen fruit.

Just a reminder that a little taste of rhubarb goes a long way. so, you can have 1/2 or 1 cup of rhubarb and the rest of your 2 cups of another vegetable.
  • Quote: Had my weigh i this morning and lost 5 lbs from last weeks weigh in ! I went to the store and bought me some new jeans today . I can not beleive it but Im into a size 12 ! thats huge for me . I was in a size 20 when I started this diet 14 weeks ago ! Rejoicing ! Only 8 more days till my hubby is home too !
    You look fantastic... Your success gives me strength..
  • Quote: jordanna, i'm so sorry to hear about your loss. pets really are part of the family and it's very difficult to handle those losses. hoping your day gets better and we're all thinking of you!

anyone have an idea what i should expect at my first weigh in? i weighed in at 192 last wednesday and i'm not sure if i should expect an awesome 6 or 7 lb loss like some of you gals have had or more like a 2-3 lb loss. i am very tall and have a lot of muscle but my baby gut(had 2 babies in the last 4 years), cellulite and my saddlebags went crazy and out of my comfor zone this past year.

anyone who started around my weight remember what their first week's loss was?

thanks y'all!(I'm from Texas and yes we say y'all a LOT)
    My starting weight was 194.8lbs and the first week I lost 8.6lbs and 7 1/4 inches. I was amazed with the numbers. Never in my life had I lost so much in the first week. Good luck, you'll do great.
    I am sooo excited for you and can't wait to hear what your hubby has to say!!!
  • Quote: Back on the wagon, but man am I draggin! It's like starting from the beginning! I can't believe I'm that sensitive to sugar/carbs that I'm having such withdrawal again after only two non-IP days!! Talk about learning a lesson the hard way. SIGH.

How do some people jump back and forth between IP and not without feeling so sick?
    Hey Brocola,

I have actually gone in and out of the diet quite a bit. I started IP back in February (2/22/10) and was going strong for about 3 1/2 weeks and went off when my best friend came to visit from Oregon (I live in CO) and as I am moving back to Oregon soon I really wanted to enjoy myself with my bestie. So I went off IP for 4 days and got back on the wagon the day she left. It only took my 2 days to get back into ketosis and while I was off I ate pasta and pizza, you name it.

Then I went back on IP for 2 weeks and off for Easter Sunday dinner - I had some red wine at a dinner party I threw for some of my closest friends. Immediately after that I got bronchitis and had to go on some meds that kicked me out of ketosis.

Then this last weeked I was staying with a friend and her family in Seattle and was unable to cook for myself and I so I went out of ketosis (I didn't want to be rude to the hostess).

Today I am back on track and feeling good. Hopefully, I will be back in ketosis by Thursday and lose all my water weight. To me it is not that big of a deal because my weight loss is a long term goal and the breaks have helped me to stay on track. The only thing I dislike about going off IP and out of ketosis is gaining a little bit of weight back. I don't like having to surpass a weight goal more than once...but usually it comes off as water weight as soon as I am back in ketosis.
  • Quote: Back on the wagon, but man am I draggin! It's like starting from the beginning! I can't believe I'm that sensitive to sugar/carbs that I'm having such withdrawal again after only two non-IP days!! Talk about learning a lesson the hard way. SIGH.

How do some people jump back and forth between IP and not without feeling so sick?
    Hey Brocola,

I have actually gone in and out of the diet quite a bit. I started IP back in February (2/22/10) and was going strong for about 3 1/2 weeks and went off when my best friend came to visit from Oregon (I live in CO) and as I am moving back to Oregon soon I really wanted to enjoy myself with my bestie. So I went off IP for 4 days and got back on the wagon the day she left. It only took my 2 days to get back into ketosis and while I was off I ate pasta and pizza, you name it.

Then I went back on IP for 2 weeks and off for Easter Sunday dinner - I had some red wine at a dinner party I threw for some of my closest friends. Immediately after that I got bronchitis and had to go on some meds that kicked me out of ketosis.

Then this last weeked I was staying with a friend and her family in Seattle and was unable to cook for myself and I so I went out of ketosis (I didn't want to be rude to the hostess).

Today I am back on track and feeling good. Hopefully, I will be back in ketosis by Thursday and lose all my water weight. To me it is not that big of a deal because my weight loss is a long term goal and the breaks have helped me to stay on track. The only thing I dislike about going off IP and out of ketosis is gaining a little bit of weight back. I don't like having to surpass a weight goal more than once...but usually it comes off as water weight as soon as I am back in ketosis.