Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 11:48 PM   #376  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Carla, Good post. I don't have that problem at this time, but want to have some info in case I do. Thanks
Old 05-02-2010, 11:55 PM   #377  

Penguin0199 I use the EAS shakes and they do not taste the same as IP shakes. Part of this may be due to the fact that EAS AdvantEdge shakes have vitamins mixed in so it gives them that "vitamin-y" flavor. They are best refrigerated and then poured over crushed ice but at about $1.25 each, it's worth sacrificing a bit of the flavor from time to time. The vanilla, chocolate fudge, dark chocolate, and strawberry are pretty good but I don't recommend the cafe caramel flavor. Also, Costco sells some ready to drink shakes (Premium Protein) that I wrote about in a previous post. Search my previous posts for more info. Higher calorie b/c each contains a whopping 30 grams of protein and a nice tiny bit of fat and carb. These taste like chocolate milk. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited by chimpchamp; 05-02-2010 at 11:59 PM. Reason: wanted to add product info
Old 05-03-2010, 12:03 AM   #378  

My understanding is that 90 days is the longest anyone should stay in Phase 1 of IP--maybe 120 days if there is a LOT of weight to be lost. After 120 days, it's best to move into Phase 2 b/c you'll still lose weight and have a "real, natural protein" source like another serving of fish, eggs, meat, poultry with naturally occuring nutrients rather than another IP pack.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:11 AM   #379  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
My understanding is that 90 days is the longest anyone should stay in Phase 1 of IP--maybe 120 days if there is a LOT of weight to be lost. After 120 days, it's best to move into Phase 2 b/c you'll still lose weight and have a "real, natural protein" source like another serving of fish, eggs, meat, poultry with naturally occuring nutrients rather than another IP pack.
I have been in phase 1, boot camp (FULLY RESTRICTED) for the past 173 days. I still have about 20 pounds to go to make my goal with IP which, will be 100 pounds lost. I want to drop another 20 after that but will probably take it a little more slowly and stay in phase 2 a long while.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:23 AM   #380  

CARLA, you may not be in Phase 2 as long as you think. From what I understand, the primary difference between Phase 1 & 2 is that you trade 1 IP packet for a second natural, real protein source--that's the only difference unless I have been misinformed. So, most folks lose at the same rate and then they even continue to lose in Phase 3, too. WOW! 173 days is a long time. This may have something to do with the hair loss which you've done a terrific study of. I don't see why you couldn't have 1 or 2 restricted item each week at this point. Whatever the case, you've lost a lot of weight but I guess my understanding could be wrong but I thought the 120 days was the max for Phase 1, especially if you are fully restricted. Oh well, what do I know.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:35 AM   #381  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
CARLA, you may not be in Phase 2 as long as you think. From what I understand, the primary difference between Phase 1 & 2 is that you trade 1 IP packet for a second natural, real protein source--that's the only difference unless I have been misinformed. So, most folks lose at the same rate and then they even continue to lose in Phase 3, too. WOW! 173 days is a long time. This may have something to do with the hair loss which you've done a terrific study of. I don't see why you couldn't have 1 or 2 restricted item each week at this point. Whatever the case, you've lost a lot of weight but I guess my understanding could be wrong but I thought the 120 days was the max for Phase 1, especially if you are fully restricted. Oh well, what do I know.
Thank you! My coach is pretty stern about how the plan goes. I don't know anything about lengths of time. I just know he doesn't intend me to transition to phase 2 until I reach my goal. You are right about the differences between phases 1 and 2 though. I would love to have even 1 restricted but I feel guilty when I add just a tablespoon of tomatoes too a salad! I thought for my sanity, I might request to stay in phase 2 while I lose the last 20. At least I have the advantage of having 2 normal meals a day. Maybe it isn't an advantage I don't know. Maybe living off packets and salads is easier! Truthfully, most of my weight came off the first 3 or 4 months. In the past 6 weeks I have only lost 13 pounds. I say only, and I am grateful but, I will be on this quite awhile longer as things move along slowly.

The hair loss is a bit of a mystery. I have always had thinner hair but only recently was told my thyroid was moving into a hypo range. It is now corrected but maybe the hair loss was related to that. I am more inclined to believe it is nutritional. Probably a shock from my change it diet too. I just hope the lessening of the hair on my brush continues. It was quite horrifying to see how much I was losing!

The last time I had a rapid weight loss, about 15 years ago, unexplained reason.. I wasn't trying to lose but lost 65 pounds in 12 weeks, within a year afterward I developed gall stones and had to have my gall bladder removed. I was told gallstones are a very normal following a rapid weight loss. They also have common mineral/vitamin deficiencies with hair loss. (I no longer have my gall bladder but have noticed that I am having pain in the region where it use to be attached to my liver.) Who KNOWS???

I made up my mind I would do this as fast as possible but within a year of starting so, I still have til November before I will feel panic!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 05-03-2010 at 01:37 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:09 AM   #382  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

hi all,
facing my first "shrink check" tomorrow. I'm 2 weeks in but was out of town last week, so here it comes . I have not stepped on a scale since I was at my doctor's office, but I can tell I feel different. Hoping I have earned at least 8 pounds toward my goal, to keep me motivated.

Tonight in the mirror, I can see a SHADOW on my cheekbone...ok, I know that's crazy, but I don't know how long it's been since I had any hollow on my cheek to have a shadow...very exciting!

I am so looking forward to a brussel sprout or bean I cannot tell you. Our new fun thing is to mix up either the pina colada or the peach/mango to regular strength, fill half of a large wine glass, fill the rest with pellegrino, add a slice of lemon or lime. Voila! it's cocktail hour!

Somebody posted the question yesterday about how to make the food taste better, and I hear ya! My big issue for the first week was all the sweetener taste. I am learning to add some kind of spice to just about everything...a slice of lemon, a dash of cinnamon, a sprinkle of nutmeg, etc. Cinnamon works well in the chocolates and the cappucino. Nutmeg works well in banana, vanilla and the cereal. I'm thinking about trying some ginger in butterscotch...

The other thing that reallllly makes a difference: make it ahead of time and refrigerate it. If it sits for an hour or more (and then shake once more before you drink/eat) it is better, and if it's really, really cold it tastes less sweet.

And my other lesson learned: a lot of the drinks are better if you add at least half again the amount of water (like 9 oz or 10 when it calls for 6). A lot of these are just too overpowering, so water it way down and then you get more of your water for the day too!

I'd be curious to know if anyone has experimented with putting salt in any of the sweet drinks? I'm a little hesitant to try it and ruin a packet, but it seems to work for a margarita...
Old 05-03-2010, 07:08 AM   #383  

Height: 5.8

Good Morning all

I weighed in for my week 9 WI and Im down 7 pounds. I have lost 54 pounds in 9 weeks and I feel fantastic.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and Im going to play catch up tonight and reply but I just quickly popped on this morning to wish you all a wonderful day!
Old 05-03-2010, 07:31 AM   #384  

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin0199 View Post
Hello Everyone!
Today is my 3rd day on IP and so far its a love-hate relationship. I couldn't stand it anymore and weighed myself this afternoon just to see if there was any difference and it said I had lost 4.5 lbs! This is where the love part comes in.
However, I'm having a very difficult time getting use to the taste of everything. I know its the sucralose because I tried Southbeach before and did sucralose and hated it. The oatmeal isn't too bad and I got the cheesecake from Lindora which also isn't bad. But any kind of drink or pudding I'm having a really hard time getting it down. I have to just chug it or I won't drink/eat it. Any tips on fixing these would be much appreciated!

For those who use the EAS shakes, do they taste the same as IP?

Congrats to everyone on their success this past week and here's to another great week!
I only like the vanilla and butterscotch puddings. I add cinnamon to them and freeze them about 45 minutes. The protein seems to warm the water when you shake it, yuk.

As for the EAS, they are a cost effective substitute. I think they have a watered down taste but I intermingle them with the IP to save a little cash. I also freeze my premade drinks to a slushy consistency or pour them over crushed ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post
Good Morning all

I weighed in for my week 9 WI and Im down 7 pounds. I have lost 54 pounds in 9 weeks and I feel fantastic.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and Im going to play catch up tonight and reply but I just quickly popped on this morning to wish you all a wonderful day!
GREAT LOSS SASSYKIMANN! You are doing a terrific job! Your wedding will be here before you know it and you are doing so well getting to your goal.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:37 AM   #385  

S/C/G: 217/174/150

Height: 5'6

Smile Day 12

Hello IPers! After reading all night and this morning I wanted to hop on the posting wagon. I have doing the IP diet for twelve days now. So far I'm down 13 pounds! So glad to find this blog and see all the results, encouragement, etc... I've been doing well, no cheats with maybe the exception of eating a couple more ounces of protein with my evening meal. Trying not to hop on the scale too much, but its motivating to see the numbers go down. Have a great week!
Old 05-03-2010, 08:40 AM   #386  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I have been in phase 1, boot camp (FULLY RESTRICTED) for the past 173 days. I still have about 20 pounds to go to make my goal with IP which, will be 100 pounds lost. I want to drop another 20 after that but will probably take it a little more slowly and stay in phase 2 a long while.
Whoa, girl! Talk about will power! And thanks for all the info. on hair loss.

Bev
Old 05-03-2010, 08:43 AM   #387  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrook View Post
Hello IPers! After reading all night and this morning I wanted to hop on the posting wagon. I have doing the IP diet for twelve days now. So far I'm down 13 pounds! So glad to find this blog and see all the results, encouragement, etc... I've been doing well, no cheats with maybe the exception of eating a couple more ounces of protein with my evening meal. Trying not to hop on the scale too much, but its motivating to see the numbers go down. Have a great week!
Welcome to the forum! 12 lbs in 13 days is terrific. This diet works!

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEWBIES! Be prepared for a new thread today once this one is closed. Have a great week!
Old 05-03-2010, 08:46 AM   #388  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post
Good Morning all

Wow!!! You are doing great!
Old 05-03-2010, 08:47 AM   #389  

S/C/G: 217/174/150

Height: 5'6

One quick question for Jordanna: I noticed your fitday icon and saw your thread there. Do you manually put in your IP info like calories, carb and protein count. And if so, how do you know what it is? I have seen some older posts with some of that info on this sight but is there an easier way to keep count on that sight?
Old 05-03-2010, 08:53 AM   #390  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
I will hold you to it!

remember it is all about creating a habit...it only takes 21 days. remember how you ate before IP? and now look at you... you can do this too!
I made it, to the gym, spin class this morning, and wouldn't you know it, of the 5-6 instructors that rotate in, this was one of the hardest, incorporates arm strengthening exercises into the spinning, tomorrow I'll either do some free weights on my own, or head to another location that has a pool to swim (there are four locations for my local gym, only one with a pool) Wed-Fri there are morning classes. I'm pumped, feeling good, and ready to go today!!!

By the way, new thread for the week can be found here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...3-may-9-a.html

Last edited by babs181; 05-03-2010 at 09:14 AM.
Closed Thread