IP Chat - week of Apr 26 - May 2

You're on Page 21 of 27
Go to
  • Jordanna - What an amazing opportunity! I know what you mean when you say you aren't sure if you want people to know your starting weight. Personally, I've been hesitant to tell anyone else but this forum, my coach, and my husband how many pounds I've lost so far because that means admitting that I needed to lose than many pounds (and more!). But I must say that so many would benefit from your experience and think of all the people who would find out about IP and be able to use it as a tool for their own weight loss! You are such an inspiration to this forum and I know that you would be able to make a difference in the lives of others (you already have here)! Look how far you've come! Either way, do what is best for you!

Kelsey - I was worried to tell my husband what I weighed at first also (mostly because I weighed 25lbs more than him!). But I finally did and it felt great! He is such an encouragement! Last week I met my goal of weighing less than him (he is at about 160) and it was kind of a fun little competition. It was hard to admit to him that I had so much weight to lose but now I know I will be more conscious of the scale for the rest of my life and I know that he will keep me accountable for the goals I've set out for myself.

Libbyshims - Congrats on the size 4!!!! You must be on cloud 9!! I can't wait to get to a size 6 (that is my ultimate goal). It is amazing how we just go right into self-defeating mode! Be confident that you won't gain the weight back. You will always have IP as a tool to lose a couple pounds if you would like to!
  • Blue Mermaid Said:Hi Tricia Have you seen the post where CW says she walks 3 miles a day? I bet that is the secret to her losing so well. Are you doing some light aerobic exercise? I have increased my exercise routine and have been doing better with my losses I think.

Walk about 2 miles a day-- and ride my bike some. Yes I think I should try even more exercise. Do the salt, olive oil, measure the veggies, try to use low carb veggies, eating fish as protein because it is lighter and easier to digest. Not having restricteds. Drinking the water. Seriously, there isn't much else to change...But I am going to try even more exercise so thanks for your encouragement.
  • Quote: I'm new to this with today being my 3rd day on IP. Hoping this gets easier as time goes by! I have to admit I've been lurking on you for the past week and a half. What a great group you all are!! Anyway, just wanted to hang my hat out there and introduce myself. I have a feeling I'm going to need and enjoy this forum =)
    Hi EatBeef! I lurked around for a few months before I started this. At that time I had been working out to the point of having shin splints and also injured my left hip. I went on southbeach diet along with working out and maybe lost 3 to 4 pounds in 3 weeks and it all came back. It was such a hassle to think about what to eat all the time. I finally decided to this when I had a breakdown one night and apparently went on an emotional roller coaster about how I feel about myself. I just jumped in on April 19th. It was horrible during the first 4 days and then something kicked in (believe it was the fat burning), I didn't feel hungry anymore, I enjoyed all the water I drank, now i have started to have so much energy and pounds are coming off with an unbelievable rate. Now I am motivated to work out again to build muscle tone because I am actually loosing weight.

I LOVE this diet and am hoping that weight loss does continue. ONLY side effect so far: seems like I am on a permanent menstrual cycle...we'll see when it ends.

wish you all the luck!
  • Hi everyone!!

Just wondering if anyone had trouble sleeping when you first started on IP, I am into week 3 and for the last 1 1/2 weeks have been having trouble getting to sleep. (anywhere between 3 and 6am before i get to sleep) Fortunately we are retired and don't have to get up at a set time, but it is disconcerting when you lay there hour after hour waiting to sleep!!!
    I would appreciate any tips and comments in this area. Thanks
  • Quote: So I have some interesting news:

There is this show in Canada called XWeighted and it's about individuals and families who are trying to lose weight, they document their progress over the course of 4 months I think and it's kind of neat. Anyway they started this XWeighted National Challenge all across Canada, and you had to sign up on a certain day, pledge to lose a certain amount of weight and in the end you could win some prizes if you hit your goals.

Anyway I signed up in January not giving it much thought and I've been posting my weights every week etc. Well they just contacted me and want to do a feature on me because I'm doing so well.

I think I'd like to do it, but also I'm a bit hesitant...it's sort of embarrassing to admit nationally that I let myself get morbidly obese, despite what you all might think I'm actually painfully shy...

Just not sure if I should do it or not!
    You BETTER do it! hehehe

Listen to me, you have a HUGE role in your hands, as a COACH you should get used to it. You need to tell others that it can happen to ANYONE as it did to you and help them get healthy!

I know it is embarrassing, heck, I am a certified personal trainer and look, I'M HUMAN AND A WOMAN TOO... WHO KNEW! I had my before and after pictures on me to show my clients. Not pretty. And look, I went up again thanks to stress and hormones...listen to this 40+lbs in less than a year!!! I had my own clients at the gym asking me if I was pregnant...yeah, more stress thanks.

Think about it this way, YOUR story will help others too! Nothing to be embarrassed about...it happened and YOU DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT!... Please Jordanna, do the show. I promise you it will be so rewarding for you as you will touch the lives of so many people and perhaps even saves them.

Quote: Wish me luck ladies!! I am going for WI #2 tmmrw. I don't feel like I had the big loss I did week one(11lbs) but we will see! Uggghh have a bunch of kids around this weekend, so temptation is mine to prepare all weekend. I will prevail!! Yes I will. Will post my after my wi tmmrw!! cheers and congrats to everyone!
    The first week is ALWAYS a huge one, so I would not get down if you don't lose the 11lbs again... but you ARE losing so keep that in mind.

Quote: Huge day for me yesterday---Down 3 pounds and am finally in the 130's! Went shopping and bought 2 pair of shorts in (drum roll pls........) size 4! I got back to the car and there were actual tears rolling down my face. I was so happy with myself...here is the kicker:
    My stupid brain is still set in what I like to call 'self defeating' mode: the next thing that went through my happy thoughts is, "Sure hope you don't gain all this back"...ugh!
    as you know, I was moved into Phase 2 last week. Well, I am totally scared to move off from 3 to 2 IP packets that I actually only had one day where I didn't eat 3. I told my coach that I normally don't eat 2 meats/proteins a day anyway, and she said that I could sub in eggs. Well, I have found with this diet (that I love, love, love) that I am no longer wanting to eat as much, and if I eat my meat at lunch -say a turkey burger wrapped in lettuce --I am fine with just a salad for dinner and then a packet as a snack. So I did go to 2 packets, but only added extra veggies and not a meat. I told her that I am just too full...she didn't really have much to say except, well if that works for you, go ahead. Was kinda hoping for more encouragement and help in the brain area, ya know?

Thank God for this website!!!
    Hold up... you are a size 4 now and you got discouraged? did I read that right? Oh our brains and the "ideal woman" in there always have something to say don't they? Listen, start meditating, watch The Secret and see how it works too. Catch yourself (as you did) when you have negative thoughts and change them!

You are doing FANTASTIC and WILL remain tiny as you are now. Focus on other things now besides your weight or food... that will hep you

Quote: So, my weight loss is REALLY slow this week (week 2) and lost just ONE pound over the last three days but I know that i'm getting smaller... had an awesome morning when I pulled my once tight (hung dry) jeans out of the dryer and they were loose - so happy! I am trying so hard to not get dismayed with losing a little and my saving thoughts are that before this I wasn't losing anything. I am so happy that I discovered IP. I cannot wait to be small again!

I'm off to the Farmer's market this morning to load up on some veggies... here's hoping I can stay away from my little girl's kettle corn - a huge downfall for me
    You still LOST A POUND! I had to be reminded of that by my fiance as well. he said "at least you are losing, how many pounds or ounces where you dropping before???" and it is true... focus on the fact that the scale is STILL going down... that is the good news... AND more than that... look at how your clothes fit now...lost inches? I could weight 300lbs for all I care if I could still fit into a size 6 or 4...am I right?

YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!!!
  • Quote: Hi everyone!!

Just wondering if anyone had trouble sleeping when you first started on IP, I am into week 3 and for the last 1 1/2 weeks have been having trouble getting to sleep. (anywhere between 3 and 6am before i get to sleep) Fortunately we are retired and don't have to get up at a set time, but it is disconcerting when you lay there hour after hour waiting to sleep!!!
    yes I did... it's part of how it is shaking your body around and getting it all back into place. I started paying attention and realized that I was thinking of up to 3 things at a time (actually 2 and singing a song as well...hahahaha) MAJOR adrenal fatigue right?

Adding some physical activity to the day helped me a bit... and it will pass. Hang in there!
  • Quote: Jordanna- I totally think you should go on Xweighted! It is a wonderful program...when they did their first year of casting calls, I went and applied for it. I think you will do awesome! We can get it down here in TX on Direct TV, so be sure to let us know when it airs--so proud of you honey!

Congrats to all who had losses/NSV's this week--too many to name individually--YAY!

Huge day for me yesterday---Down 3 pounds and am finally in the 130's! Went shopping and bought 2 pair of shorts in (drum roll pls........) size 4! I got back to the car and there were actual tears rolling down my face. I was so happy with myself...here is the kicker:
    My stupid brain is still set in what I like to call 'self defeating' mode: the next thing that went through my happy thoughts is, "Sure hope you don't gain all this back"...ugh!
    as you know, I was moved into Phase 2 last week. Well, I am totally scared to move off from 3 to 2 IP packets that I actually only had one day where I didn't eat 3. I told my coach that I normally don't eat 2 meats/proteins a day anyway, and she said that I could sub in eggs. Well, I have found with this diet (that I love, love, love) that I am no longer wanting to eat as much, and if I eat my meat at lunch -say a turkey burger wrapped in lettuce --I am fine with just a salad for dinner and then a packet as a snack. So I did go to 2 packets, but only added extra veggies and not a meat. I told her that I am just too full...she didn't really have much to say except, well if that works for you, go ahead. Was kinda hoping for more encouragement and help in the brain area, ya know?

Thank God for this website!!!

Oh I so can relate...I did the same thing when I went shopping yesterday....I too got into some size 4s...which was fantastic...but all I could focus on what how fat I thought my thighs still were! Wish there was some way to reprogam our brains!

I have been having trouble too....I am having more issues staying asleep than falling asleep....I seem to be waking up at least a couple of times during the night!
  • Quote: Huge day for me yesterday---Down 3 pounds and am finally in the 130's!
    Forgot to mention... YOU MAY WANT TO UPDATE YOUR TICKER! That would look so much better in the 130s hehehe

I had some sleep problems too, mostly I think because I had to get up and pee every few hours, with all the water, I started trying to make sure I got all my water in before 8 or 9pm, like my food, and that seemed to help a bit, I also picked up a homeopathic sleep remedy, and that completely did the trick, no side affects and sleeping easy. Now in maintenance, sleep is normal, TOM back to normal as well for anyone questioning.

Jordanna you have been so motivating for everyone here, I would completely say go on the program, it would be amazing, not just for yourself but for everyone watching, a way to really celebrate all you've accomplished!! I know I'm at the point where I'm finished losing weight, but this forum, you and everyone else are really motivating me to make sure I follow healthy eating in maintenance, separating my fats and carbs like Dr Tran and IP say, and reserving any really bad stuff for cheat days. I've also noticed that while I look forward to cheat days a little bit, I'm learning to manage my eating much better, and the cheat days only really mean something because I am reserving them for special occasions, anniversaries, bachelorette parties, mother's day, etc. When it's not a special occasion with all the tempting food, my cheat might be a handful of chips or a couple of easter candy that I saved. It's really neat to know that cheating in maintenance isn't even close to what everyday eating used to be!!
  • KELSEY~I'm so glad you shared your ROCKET FUEL plan. Don't feel like you've "opened up a can of worms" (or was it a pack of cigarettes??) b/c it seems like most everyone on this site is sharing their experiences, etc. Ultimately, we all make our own decisions and you've been very clear that you are doing this under good guidance and for a very limited time. I have no intention of doing ROCKET FUEL but like being aware of it.

My hubby has no idea how high my weight got nor what I've lost (6#s and my pants aren't squeezing me as tightly) I tell him everything but he totally understands (and quite frankly, doesn't care to know) my highest weight. I still haven't figured out this weight ticker thing and how to use this website.

JORDANNA and DEINEKATZE~I'm an example of someone who used to run 6 miles a day and was a picture of health. Cannot believe I let myself go to the extent that I have. I've let life stressors get the best of me. I don't know if I could do the show or not......lots to consider.

It seems as though most of the coaches are not health care pros. My friend had a coach that wasn't anywhere near being a health care professional (or professional, for that matter) No doubt about it; the salt, potassium, and other electrolytes are a MUST for heart health. Without the electrolytes, your heart is in jeopardy.
  • Ok, don't have a lot of time here....step-daughters wedding to get ready for.
    But, talked to my coach about Rocket Fuel. She just got back from a conference and said it wasn't mentioned there. She didn't seem to keen on it. Said that you need the veggies to help with constipation among other things. So, she told me not to do this. I may just stick a day in here and there and see if it does anything for me, tho. (never was very good at following directions!!!) I also talked to her about not getting all 3 packets in on some days. She said I should try to even if it is just a drink because it can cause hair loss if you don't get them all in.
    Kelsey, loved the cigarette thing!! LOL
    Welcome newbies....we seem to have more everyday!!!
    Oh, and I was down 2.4 lbs. Didn't quite make it to the 160's, but that will be next week. This is my week 9 weigh in and I am half way there. I am excited about my 30 lb. loss.
    Love you all. Off to the wedding....no cake for me....darn.
  • Sleep trouble
    Quote: I have been having trouble too....I am having more issues staying asleep than falling asleep....I seem to be waking up at least a couple of times during the night!
    Same problem for me. I fall asleep fine and then wake up several times in he night almost "restless." I'm hoping it passes and I am going to try some walking more during the day after I am done with the second week.
  • IP athletic protocol
    Hi everyone. I am new here, but I have been lurking since I started IP in mid-March. I love reading everyone's posts! This the first website I visit every morning, and usually the last thing I do at night. I just have a quick question. Several people have mentioned the IP athletic protocol. I recently decided that after I reach goal I want to run a half-marathon (my 2nd), and I just signed up to run a 5K on May 15, so I need to start running again. Since I started IP, I stopped working out, aside from walking my dog. Anyway, I am going to start following the athletic protocol, but my question is this: if I only plan on working out every other day, should I still follow the athletic protocol every day, or just on the days that I plan on working out? Thanks in advance for your advice!
  • JORDANA

I think it is so amazing to be asked to participate in the show. You are very inspiring in SO many ways. Those shows do a lot for motivating people to lose weight - you seem to have that gift. Good Luck

Thank you for the answer about the salt - I do not have the right kind. I thought if I bought it at Whole Foods that it would be. It is not pink
    I will have to go pick some up later today.

Have a wonderful weekend