Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 11:28 AM   #241  

S/C/G: 240/227/160

Height: 5' 7"

CW - I am so excited for you and can not wait to hear your husbands response!

I had my WI yesterday and it was great! I am thrilled with the results and I am past the "hump" of the initial 2 weeks. Lost 13 lbs in my first 10 days on plan and feeling great. Now I am on a normal weekly weigh in so it will be easier to track.

I think the best thing for me is to see my family eating healthier. My daughter plays softball on 3 teams so we go 24 hrs per day and eat junk! For the last week she has come home and asked to have some of my salad. We may have added cheese and bacon bits to hers, but it is really is teaching us all a better way fo life. Sunday night she asked to go out and grill chicken for dinner and wanted enough to take for lunch at school!

Thanks for the motivation!
Old 04-30-2010, 11:50 AM   #242  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
IS everybody ready???? I made it! I'm in ONEDERLAND and it is Wonderful! I was a bit let down because i only lost 2 lbs! But hey I've watched the numbers which when I started in March read 22#.#, then 21#.#, 20#.# but not today ... TODAY they read 198.8, so I'm thrilled. It's great motivation to BEHAVE on the cruise. I don't want to come home and feel like I let myself down.

On another note. I asked him to really look at my journal and see if I'm doing anything wrong becuase the past 2 WIs have been only 2lbs. and he couldn't find anything. I pointed out how much water I'm retaining, and that I have cut back on my salt because of it. He told me that cutting back is the reason that I'm retaining. He said with as much water as I'm drinking, if I'm not eating enough salt, my body is going to try to retain water (and it really has been - a few weeks ago my rings were flying and now they are stuck, and I have had hardly any salt at all). So this week it's back to making sure I'm getting my salt.

Another thing came up, I wonder if any of you have ever heard of it. Rocket Fuel week??? When I return next Sunday I will eat 5 IP Packets a day: 1 brkfst, 1 lunch, 2 dinner and 1 snack. NO veggies, NO salads, No non IP foods at all. It's kind of exciting, so has anyone else heard of it or done it??? Let me know if so and how did it go.
WOOHOO!!! Way to go Kelsey!!! That's so awesome

I have never heard of rocket week - I'm interested to see how it goes for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzMoody View Post
Had my WI last night. Down another 3.5 lbs! That's 7 for my first 2 weeks! I have also lost 2 inches in the waist and 4 in the hips!!

I am also very excited about being able to work out now. I went to an aqua aerobics class last night. It was very fun. I am going to another class tomorrow.

I an getting a lot of inspiration from the group. Thanks.
Way to go MzMoody - that's fantastic, you must feel great about yourself!! Keep it up!
Old 04-30-2010, 11:54 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicyn View Post
CW - I am so excited for you and can not wait to hear your husbands response!

I had my WI yesterday and it was great! I am thrilled with the results and I am past the "hump" of the initial 2 weeks. Lost 13 lbs in my first 10 days on plan and feeling great. Now I am on a normal weekly weigh in so it will be easier to track.

I think the best thing for me is to see my family eating healthier. My daughter plays softball on 3 teams so we go 24 hrs per day and eat junk! For the last week she has come home and asked to have some of my salad. We may have added cheese and bacon bits to hers, but it is really is teaching us all a better way fo life. Sunday night she asked to go out and grill chicken for dinner and wanted enough to take for lunch at school!

Thanks for the motivation!
That is awesome, I wish that my healthy eating would rub off on my boyfriend, he rebelled a little yesterday and told me to stop messing with his food He likes some of the healthy stuff and doesn't like others. Will eat whole grain white bread but not low fat ranch dressing (I stick to my oil and vinegar and healthy stuff in maintenance) But he does love the weight loss and will eat a few more veggies now. Darn boys who are stick thin no matter what they eat.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:58 AM   #244  
Lemiesse

S/C/G: 169/163/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

[QUOTE=MzMoody;3270861]Had my WI last night. Down another 3.5 lbs! That's 7 for my first 2 weeks! I have also lost 2 inches in the waist and 4 in the hips!!

Whoa,your measurements are dropping Mz Moody!! I didn't lose that much in terms of inches but it will come I know... sounds like you are off to a great start!
Old 04-30-2010, 11:59 AM   #245  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibdadozer View Post
I'm officially down a total of 6.2 lbs in my first week!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemiesse View Post
Hello everyone, I am new on here having started the IP diet 8 days ago. I feel great now and am doing amazingly well in terms of not cheating. I had my first weigh in yesterday and lost 6 pounds.
Great first-week losses, ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Im getting very excited ! My husband will be home on wed ! I am kinda of nervous because he has not seen me since Ive lost all this weght .He is going to be so surprised ! Ive already lost 3 more lbs since my weigh in on Tuesday ! Hoping for 5 this week !
I'm so excited for you! You're going to have a great two weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
Hey all! Thought I would jump on the band wagon and throw up some pictures. Here are some before and after pictures - the first three are before IP and the last two are from this last weekend at my friend Megan's bridal shower
You're doing great! Thanks for the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
IS everybody ready???? I made it! I'm in ONEDERLAND and it is Wonderful! I was a bit let down because i only lost 2 lbs! But hey I've watched the numbers which when I started in March read 22#.#, then 21#.#, 20#.# but not today ... TODAY they read 198.8, so I'm thrilled. It's great motivation to BEHAVE on the cruise. I don't want to come home and feel like I let myself down.

Another thing came up, I wonder if any of you have ever heard of it. Rocket Fuel week??? When I return next Sunday I will eat 5 IP Packets a day: 1 brkfst, 1 lunch, 2 dinner and 1 snack. NO veggies, NO salads, No non IP foods at all. It's kind of exciting, so has anyone else heard of it or done it??? Let me know if so and how did it go.
Welcome to Onederland!!!! I have never heard of Rocket Fuel week. But I am leery of it because it just doesn't sound healthy. Even their Commando Boot Camp/Plateau Buster protocol has you eat the veggies every day. Are they increasing your supplements? Is this approved by Ideal Protein officially?

Quote:
Had my WI last night. Down another 3.5 lbs! That's 7 for my first 2 weeks! I have also lost 2 inches in the waist and 4 in the hips!!
That's a great loss for two weeks, especially considering how little you have to lose!
Old 04-30-2010, 12:15 PM   #246  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Chaplains wifey- we need to know your secret. The weight seems to be just dropping off of you. Do you work out? Can't wait to hear what your guy says.
Kelsey-- Yeah!!!!!!!!! Congratulations to you on the onederland place that is onederful. Oh I am praying that we never go back... I will be anxious to hear about rocket week. I would think it would be hard to do and tough on your kidneys or liver or whatever is stressed by high protein.
HockeyMom23- good for you on the planning. I have found when I have celery and salt with me or some plan when I am traveling plus the IP food, it works out much better than just winging it.
My husband is starting to develop IP habits though he is totally resisting going on the diet. He loves veggies-- and is starting to use my sea salt and the spray "I can't believe it's not butter" I use. I'm not drinking at all so he is cutting back too. I don't think he realizes that healthy habits are just infiltrating his lifestyle.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 04-30-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:20 PM   #247  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Cassie, love your pics....you look wonderful!!!

Kelsey....I'm so excited for you!!!! That's fantastic...I would also like more information about Rocket Fuel Week. It might be a nice boost, but I am also wondering about the "starvation" consequenses....

To you newbies....welcome....we are glad to have you here. This is a great site with a lot of info.

Everyone is different....I felt great on this diet from the very first day....I did have a few hunger issues, but I guess I was in the right frame of mind, cause I really didn't have a problem resisting the temptations. For the most part I don't feel hungry at all now. In fact, there are times I have a hard time eating everything I'm supposed to. I do sometimes spread my food out a little during the day.

I talked with my mom and she was getting ready for a garage sale. When I told her how much weight I had lost she asked me if I wanted some of the clothes she was getting rid of. They are sizes 8 to 12. Some still with tags. Mom has always been a nice dresser(dresses, suits, etc), so I am thrilled to see what she has. I should say that the reason she has this stuff is that she is a cancer survivor. She went through chemo 2 years ago and is doing pretty good now, but she could never get her weight back and probably won't. She says food just doesn't taste good anymore.(I could take a lesson here). Anyway, when I go home in June that will be a fun time. Hopefully there will be some that are too big!!!! Along that same line, I cleaned out another garbage bag of my clothes to take to the thrift store. I am in some of the shorts, but may go right on past them if we don't get some warm weather!!

I also thought that you should all know that I woke up to an inch of snow this morning. So I hope all of you that are basking in the sun think about me!!! I am so wanting to get to the 160's. I was 170.6 on my scale this morning....my official WI is tomorrow morning, so we'll see what happens!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 12:22 PM   #248  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

well at 173.2 lbs today...good grief I've slowed down LOL
Old 04-30-2010, 12:42 PM   #249  
NEW IP Dieter

S/C/G: 221/176.5/165

Height: 5 4 1/2"

Jordana

You seem to know so much about this diet that I am hoping that you can ansewer two questions for me. (I keep on forgetting to ask my coach on weigh in day - we are too chatty )

Salt - what is the purpose of the sea salt other than the minerals? It is completely necessary? I forget to use all of it per day and I am still losing 3-4 pounds a week.

Salad - Wow - I am beginning to hate the word and even more eating it! I really can't choke it down anymore. I do eat my veggies but have been BAD about eating salad. Do we really HAVE to eat lettuce twice a day??
Old 04-30-2010, 12:53 PM   #250  

S/C/G: 139/130.5/110

Height: 5' 2"

Band Mom - I was told that salad was a filler. If we were getting our 2 cups of veggies and we were still hungry, that's when we have the salad. It's not something you have to have. Personally there are days when I just don't have any more room.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:00 PM   #251  
NEW IP Dieter

S/C/G: 221/176.5/165

Height: 5 4 1/2"

Quote:
Band Mom - I was told that salad was a filler. If we were getting our 2 cups of veggies and we were still hungry, that's when we have the salad. It's not something you have to have. Personally there are days when I just don't have any more room.
That is EXACTLY what I wanted to hear
Old 04-30-2010, 01:16 PM   #252  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Salad is basically a free food. I like it, but do get tired of it, too. I usually only have veggies at lunch, no lettuce. For supper I do like a chef's salad as my meal. It works really great when you have to go out to dinner....salad bar or chicken chef salad. Take your WF packets of dressing.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:30 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

alright...had my first weigh in...drum roll please......................

down 9 pounds in 10 days! she couldn't believe it either. lots of inches but I didn't write them down or request a copy as I would have been measuring myself not accuratley at that constantly.

its working!!!!!!!

weekend after this I am going shopping!
Old 04-30-2010, 01:33 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 139/130.5/110

Height: 5' 2"

Congratulations PitaKitten!
Old 04-30-2010, 01:39 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Hi Lemiesse...I am into my 3rd week, and I too experienced the "plateau" for a couple of days the second week, then the 4th morning...BANG i was down 3 lbs!!! So hang in there it will happen.
Closed Thread