IP Chat - week of Apr 26 - May 2

You're on Page 14 of 27
Go to
  • Just Julia! There are some fantastic people on this forum, just full of goodies to keep everyone motivated and provide answers to all those questions we have

Hi Choosie! I am scale hopper too, and this week is driving me crazy. Each morning (okay afternoon and night too) I swear I will not step on until my Monday WI. This week has been slow for me as well. Since Monday I am only down .5lbs, arghhh. I had been on a great roll, and this next WI will be 4 weeks. I have been super strict and have not cheated, at all. I just don't eat the lettuce, because I am simply not hungry. I even lost 5lbs last week with my TOM. Ah well, let's just keep at it, and rejoice in the following weeks when our numbers are out of this world

My coach didn't check for percentage of body fat, is that stanard for most folks working thru a clinic? If not, are calipers the most accurate(easy) way to test, or is jumping on another scale( i know, i'm addicted) that has those electric pulses okay too?

Looks like I need to go to the bathroom now.....this time I swear I won't check the scale after
  • Ketostix
    Quote: *freakin' out* i did a ketostick this morning and it was moderate. just did another and it's NEGATIVE, i haven't cheated, why is this happening? i've been in ketosis since day 2 and it's dropped on day 8? doesn't make sense.
    CHECK OUT THIS SCREEN SHOT FROM THIS WEBSITE: http://www.ihpweightloss.com/Relatio...&_Glucagon.pdf

Mike Ciell is the head of Ideal Protein.

CLINICIAN’S NOTES: “KETO-STIX”: Sooner or later you will encounter a
    patient who comes in all concerned ‘that the program isn’t working!’ They will tell
    you that they are not in ketosis and sometimes hold up a “used” Keto-stix and say
    “See, it’s not purple!” Explain to them that “ketosis” is not an ‘all or none’
    proposition. During the program, they will be deriving much of their energy from
    ketogenesis, but it’s never 100%. Also explain that this test is used to detect the
    presence of ketone bodies in the urine that the body was unable to use for fuel. As
    they progress in the program (usually by 2 to 3 weeks) the body has had enough
    time to get all of the necessary enzymes synthesized so that it may burn more of
    these ketone bodies more efficiently – thus fewer will be excreted. At this point, if
    they are exercising, they may never “spill’ any in the urine. Also excess ketones may
    be eliminated via the lungs (acetone breath) and/or in the feces (probably dependant
    on individual biochemical idiosyncrasies). For all of these reasons, the “dip-stick
    test” is not a reliable method by which to gauge progress. The weekly food diary, if
    totally honest, is the ‘gold standard’ by which to gauge compliance.
    Progress on the program MUST consist of another method besides a mere scale.
    Body measurements are key. After a few weeks muscle mass is going to increase
    and this will show as “less weight lost” if going by the scale alone. In a professional
    setting, we highly recommend the Tanita! scale as an addition to your clinic. This
    will show lean muscle (fat –free mass), % cellular hydration, and fat mass. The
    ‘higher end’ models also give a print-out that maybe placed in the patient’s weekly
    progress chart. This is an excellent clinical tool, and we encourage you to
    incorporate it into your practice. We would discourage the use of “Keto-Stix” by
    your patients or staff.
  • Tonight is my 2nd weigh in. I am a little nervous about it. I have tried to be good, but accidently messed up. Not too pick. We went to a party Saturday night. So I made a veggie tray. I figured, if there is nothing else I can eat, I will eat that. Well, there was shrimp. So I had a few shrimp and veggies, a large variety, peppers, cucumbers, celery, tomatoes, broccoli, mushrooms, cauliflower. Well, the next night my husband asked if I wanted to make stir fry with the left over veggies. My answer was "I can't have the yellow and orange peppers cooked." Later I re-read and realized that I should not have eaten peppers raw at the party. Oh well, still new at this so I will get it down.

I am happy about the progress I have made. Clothes are loose. Hubby needs to punch a hole or two in my belt.

Cravings haven't been too bad and I am surprised. Totally gave up diet coke. It's been 2 weeks and that is one thing that I do miss.
  • Quote: My coach really told me to not base my Ketosis on the sticks. She said she never could get the stick to show anything but negative. Her Ketones were coming out of her breath! That's why they talk about bad breath on this diet. If your not starving than you are still in Ketosis. That is what I base mine on!!
    man then I have been WAY off Ketosis LOL

I've noticed that the moment I have a shake I go STARVING! Almost as if the shake itself if making me hungry? how does that make sense?
  • Quote: I've noticed that the moment I have a shake I go STARVING! Almost as if the shake itself if making me hungry? how does that make sense?
    YES! That is me, but only for certain meals. I need to have something to chew for breakfast (plain cereal) rather than a shake or pudding, otherwise I'm hungry right away. I'll have to ask about this issue at my weigh-in on Saturday.
  • Has anyone tried to order the ready made vanilla drink lately? I ordered some at my last weigh in and they were on backorder. I just called to see if they were in and was told it's on "permanent backorder" because of an FDA issue with the manufacturer.

Has anyone else been told this?
  • Quote: Has anyone tried to order the ready made vanilla drink lately? I ordered some at my last weigh in and they were on backorder. I just called to see if they were in and was told it's on "permanent backorder" because of an FDA issue with the manufacturer.

Has anyone else been told this?
    my coach is "supposed" to be getting them in today but yes they have been on backorder fr quite some time, i've never tried them and i'm DYING to because i've heard they're so good!
  • Congrats to all on your losses! You all are such inspirations. I just got my first order of food in today and very excited to get started tomorrow! I'm doing the Ideal to Go program and ordered some of my food from Lindora. I ordered the Strawberry drink/pudding from Lindora and looked at it closely online but when I got it today I saw that it has aspartame in it. I know we aren't supposed to have aspartame but what happens if we do? I don't want to have to send it back because it took a week to get it and who knows how long it will take to exchange it.
    Also any last tips before I begin?
  • Hi Everyone!! I hope i can join in with you all on IP? I am in my 3rd week and am loving it!!! NEVER have I found a plan that is so easy and WORKS!!! I would love to get to know you all.

I was wondering how you get those cute weight counters??

Thanks and everyone have a great IP day!!
  • Hiya Tricia - I just got my cake in the mail today and I'm going to have to admit that I ripped it open and made it instantly (emotional eater much....) and it was delicious, so while it didn't make it here for Hudson's birthday, it made it here at an even better time (kitty died, want to stuff my face because I feel guilty that she got out of the house kind of time)

So maybe it was fate that it arrived a week late.

Thanks again, delicious and sooooo appreciated.
  • Quote: Hiya Tricia - I just got my cake in the mail today and I'm going to have to admit that I ripped it open and made it instantly (emotional eater much....) and it was delicious, so while it didn't make it here for Hudson's birthday, it made it here at an even better time (kitty died, want to stuff my face because I feel guilty that she got out of the house kind of time)

So maybe it was fate that it arrived a week late.

Thanks again, delicious and sooooo appreciated.
    Jordanna

It is not uncommon for kitties to take off when they know they are about to go... Apparently it is quite common... they are very private animals and I am guessing they also want to do that on their own. Plus in a way I think they would rather us think they are missing than dead? My old cat did that too... he just too k off and never came back... but he was getting up there in age so we think that is what happened.

Hang in there. Sending you love and hugs
  • Quote: Carla, I have 3 sisters and can totally relate. I saw one over Easter weekend - she finally asked me on Sunday, "So, what diet are you doing this time?" *sigh* I keep telling myself I'm doing this for ME, no one else, just me.

NSV today: I'm wearing a shirt and pants to work and believe it or not, I tucked my shirt into my pants and I'm not wearing a jacket over the top to hide any bulges. LOL! Hope you all have a great day.
    Hockey Mom23, thanks for sharing with us and congrats on the victory! I have a similar NSV today. I got ready for class this morning and was able to put on my jeans (with no muffin top!!) and a top that is relatively form fitting and I felt confident. Before IP, I only wore this shirt with a vest or jacket over it. Now I don't feel like I have to cover up to be comfortable. I almost did anyway just out of habit - I see what everyone means when you all say that getting used to your new body is difficult sometimes!

I've never been so excited about needing my clothes tailored or donating the ones that are too big (I used to give away clothes because they were to small and I had given up).
  • Just thought I would let you know I discovered how to add the weight lose thingie at the end of my post, hope it works!!! LOL
  • Quote: Just thought I would let you know I discovered how to add the weight lose thingie at the end of my post, hope it works!!! LOL
    How did you add the weight loss tracker? We started at the same time and I can't find mine yet
  • Congrats Fluffy.....hope things are looking up a little by now.
    My sister lives over 1000 miles from me. We talk often, but I haven't told her about the diet. I'm planning on seeing her in June along with all of my family. My mom knows I have lost weight, but that is it. My sister and I are great buds, so I don't think there will be any neg vibes. Just envy and her wanting to know what I'm doing. She has always been the "skinny" one and probably still will be, but I know she has gained a little in the last couple years.

Thanks Tricia....I'm trying really hard to make the 160's by my Sat. morning weigh in. It's going to be tough, but I should be close!!!

Welcome newbies!!! I find myself not able to eat all of my food sometimes, too. For me, that is great. I have been having a hard time getting my 3rd packet in this week. I know that is bad, but I just can't do it sometimes.