Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 12:50 PM   #136  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I had avery sad thing happen last night, we have two indoor cats and one of them escaped without us realizing it. We got a call from our neighbour telling us that Zoe was under his patio and looked really sick.

We ran outside and got her, and she wasn't moving and she was taking these short laboured breaths, we couldn't see anything physically wrong with her but we think she either got poisoned from getting in to something or maybe run over.

My husband rushed her to the emergancy vet, but being that it's an hour and a bits drive from where we live and she died about 10 minutes before he got to the vet.

I know it's not diet releated but it's on my mind.
j~ I'm so sorry for the loss of your cat. The great thing about this board is that we can share whatever is going on in our lives, it doesn't have to be diet related. Things will get better, at least she's not suffering anymore.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:51 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvieG View Post
...and even though our weightlosses are non-competitive, I am sad when I cannot report BIG numbers on my WI. Sooo happy for those who loose 4-5-6lbs per week and sad about my 3lbs. This IP road seems endless - would like to be done with IP by end of June (including 1 week phase 2 and 2 weeks phase 3) but still not sure if I will make it...
Don't be sad . Every lb counts . Your doing great . But I do know what you mean about being thru all the phases . I would like that too . I feel like Im never going to make it to phase 2 ! But we will . Hang in there . Rejoice and celebrate ! 2 lbs is awesome !
Old 04-28-2010, 01:20 PM   #138  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Week 7 weigh in today. I weighed at home and officially on my scale hit 175 which is 30 lbs gone forever. Unfortunately their scale will not say that at 4:30 in the afternoon!!! Oh well, I am beyond ecstatic
Old 04-28-2010, 01:20 PM   #139  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvieG View Post
...and even though our weightlosses are non-competitive, I am sad when I cannot report BIG numbers on my WI. Sooo happy for those who loose 4-5-6lbs per week and sad about my 3lbs. This IP road seems endless - would like to be done with IP by end of June (including 1 week phase 2 and 2 weeks phase 3) but still not sure if I will make it...
You have done AMAZING so far! Almost down 100 pounds, that right there is something to be proud of.

Don't let a 3 lb loss get you down, you are SO close to your goal!!
Old 04-28-2010, 01:27 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

SylvieG! Don't hesitate for a moment..86lbs!!!!! Gone forever! Run to the nearest mirror and give yourself a hi-five and a little dance of victory! You are incredible
Old 04-28-2010, 01:27 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 179/156/150

Height: 5' 7.5"

For everyone who is getting discouraged by smaller losses,... think back to before you were on the IP plan. For me, I had wanted to lose 13 pounds in 12 weeks (before a work/fun trip I had planned). This was me,...

12 weeks to lose 13 pounds
11 weeks to lose 13 pounds
10 weeks to lose 12 pounds
9 weeks to lose 14 pounds

Well, you get the idea. A week before, having lost no weight, I ended up just going out to buy new dress pants that fit and decided when I got home I was starting IP.

At least we are losing and even if the numbers are small, if we keep doing what we should be doing it will show up in how our clothes fit and eventually the scale.

I had my weigh in yesterday and was down 4.5 pounds and 9.5 inches,... but they measured my chest, waist, hips, each thigh, each arm and my neck. I am not sure how it is possible that I lost an inch off of my neck in a week. I don't think it's possible that is was sucking my neck in! :-)

Hang in there everyone - stay motivated!
Old 04-28-2010, 01:31 PM   #142  

Well said Diceydoe

Carlasherea That is fantastic!!! I know what you mean though, I hate to WI in late in the day too. So happy for you

Last edited by Calgarygirlie; 04-28-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:44 PM   #143  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Hello!

can you share how long you did the IP protocol with IP before switching to an alternate "products" approach? Did you notice any change in the amount of weight you were losing per week? Was it any more challenging or difficult? Did you still go to an IP coach for weigh-in? Did you notice any other changes in your body after the switch? Were you still using IP supplements?

Thanks!
I never went 100% alternate products - IP is just so very convenient - but the cost was starting to really upset me; and make me worried that I was going to have to ditch the diet and I was so committed to staying on the diet and continuing my weight loss.

I checked out a couple of the websites that others ordered from but one didn't ship to Canada and i never got around to ordering from another site. I live in a really small town so some of the other options others were doing weren't workable for me - no Walmart, etc.

As a result I probably stuck strictly to IP for around 3 months (around 75-80% of my loss - I'm guessing). I had the diet down pat by then. My first switch was the liquid eggs. I bought a couple of different flavours, including egg white, and took them home to compare them to the IP eggs - figured if they were to far out of whack i could still feed them to my family. I couldn't believe how easy it was to match the nutritional profile of the IP one - really saved a lot with this switch. I had the eggs just about every morning and so this switch saved me 1 box/week or over $100/month.

I mentioned the liquid eggs to my coach and she didn't seem to have a problem - to be honest i wasn't really asking for approval by then as i'd spent a ton of money there and figured i'd been supporting them faithfully for quite a while - also, there is 100% markup on the IP products so... No change in weight loss and I still went in every week for my weigh ins. i didn't expect any weight loss difference because i had done my homework and matched the nutritional profile to IP products.

I started looking for protein alternatives after that - the money savings were really enticing - purchased a vanilla and plain bulk protein from my local grocery store - did a full label check and purchased ones sweetened with splenda. Huge savings! Like .60 per serving compared to 3.87 - hard to get past that! I used them sparingly and to round out my regular IP purchases. used the unflavoured as my soup base - used chicken broth and veggies to make a soup - a bit more work maybe and not as delicious but it helped out my wallet. Then i bought only IP products that i really love. I only used the vanilla a bit and found that the IP products filled me up better - funny thing - I'm using the vanilla now while I'm in maintenance - make a smoothy with milk, fruit and protein powder for a breakfast meal.

I still used the IP supplements - could never get around to ordering from somewhere when I can just go down the street and buy them. I also take vitamin D and omega 3.

Every one is different - but once you have the IP diet protocal figured out you can make small tweaks so that you can stay on the diet and continue losing - and that's what we're really aiming for here. And everyone is losing - every 1 lb is a loss - don't get discouraged or compare your loss to anyone else - everyone is a different shape, and their bodies are different. Take some time and add up your inches lost - put on a pair of pants that used to fit - notice how big they are now - realize you are making progress.

Last edited by Mom22; 04-28-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:10 PM   #144  

Hockey Mom23 - I agree with you on missing on the group support from WW; we're so fortunate to have this group! Let us know what you think of "Women, Food and God"; I know I could use some insight

Calgarygirlie - we have the sugar fairy in our house, as well. I told my sister-in-law about it after Halloween, and she told me that I was mean. Sorry, but I don't want my 1 and 3 year old to ingest all that garbage!!

I had a really bad morning with my girls this morning (eating was well, but my mood was atrocious due to my early wakeup call from my baby and a broken truck window). Yes, I used to eat out of emotion, rather than hunger... and I seem to be over it (for the time being). I even made popcorn for my 3-year-old this afternoon, and I didn't have ANY!! This is a huge accomplishment for me as popcorn was my main comfort food. Here's hoping I can stick to this program through to the end!
Old 04-28-2010, 04:18 PM   #145  

Pookee!....I loooove popcorn too, so kudos to you for such control. Victories like that deserve to be celebrated!!!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 05:01 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

very very ODD.

my period just started, I am on the pill, it shouldn't start for another 2 weeks. I had whole physicall on 15th and everything was perfect. I started this on 19th. I do NOT get it.

called the diet clinic, waiting for a call back from them.

anyone else have this problem?
Old 04-28-2010, 05:26 PM   #147  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
very very ODD.

my period just started, I am on the pill, it shouldn't start for another 2 weeks. I had whole physicall on 15th and everything was perfect. I started this on 19th. I do NOT get it.

called the diet clinic, waiting for a call back from them.

anyone else have this problem?
it is normal on IP... FYI, anyone on IP...WARNING!!! Unless you want IP babies use condoms... I was told by my coach that since it is regulating everything in your system it DOES mess with hormones...

This is why I HAD TO get on the pill just for now because it did throw me off (made me a week early) which would mean I would get my period ON my wedding day SOOOOOOO... pills it is till after the wedding.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:39 PM   #148  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Careful With Pregnancy!

I thought it was worth repeating

If you are taking birth control pills or have something like Norplant or anything that would prevent pregnancy by playing with your hormones BE AWARE that those methods are NOT safe while on IP. I was specifically told to use condoms as well.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:47 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
it is normal on IP... FYI, anyone on IP...WARNING!!! Unless you want IP babies use condoms... I was told by my coach that since it is regulating everything in your system it DOES mess with hormones...

This is why I HAD TO get on the pill just for now because it did throw me off (made me a week early) which would mean I would get my period ON my wedding day SOOOOOOO... pills it is till after the wedding.
o.k, wish she had tole me this to begin with, I had no idea. Apprently, fat stores estrogen and well when we are burining fat it tends to release the estrogen hence everything gets out of wack.

I guess I know I am burining fat now but I had no idea and it actually happened right before I had to give a presentation at work so I was not a very happy camper.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:56 PM   #150  
Me, only smaller.

S/C/G: 195/185/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Pookee!....I loooove popcorn too, so kudos to you for such control. Victories like that deserve to be celebrated!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pookee View Post
Hockey Mom23 - I agree with you on missing on the group support from WW; we're so fortunate to have this group! Let us know what you think of "Women, Food and God"; I know I could use some insight

Calgarygirlie - we have the sugar fairy in our house, as well. I told my sister-in-law about it after Halloween, and she told me that I was mean. Sorry, but I don't want my 1 and 3 year old to ingest all that garbage!!

I had a really bad morning with my girls this morning (eating was well, but my mood was atrocious due to my early wakeup call from my baby and a broken truck window). Yes, I used to eat out of emotion, rather than hunger... and I seem to be over it (for the time being). I even made popcorn for my 3-year-old this afternoon, and I didn't have ANY!! This is a huge accomplishment for me as popcorn was my main comfort food. Here's hoping I can stick to this program through to the end!
Ohhhh, my husband made Big Cheese Popcorn last night in the microwave and it smelled so tempting! I haven't been tempted by much in almost two weeks, but I really wanted to grab just a one piece and munch...but I didn't.
Closed Thread