3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Just arrived & need help with affordable alternatives (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/200354-just-arrived-need-help-affordable-alternatives.html)

stayingalive 04-26-2010 11:12 AM

Just arrived & need help with affordable alternatives

Good Morning from AZ!

Could somebody tell me the basics of Phase 1 using alternative products? I am unemployed right now and can not afford to go to an IP clinic. I need to lose 35 lbs and would appreciate an on-line coach(s)--anybody willing?

Thank you for being here...I am learning lots from this site.

Pam

Mirazon 04-27-2010 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stayingalive (Post 3264356)
Good Morning from AZ!

Could somebody tell me the basics of Phase 1 using alternative products? I am unemployed right now and can not afford to go to an IP clinic. I need to lose 35 lbs and would appreciate an on-line coach(s)--anybody willing?

Thank you for being here...I am learning lots from this site.

Pam

So sorry to hear of your employment situation. Its great that you are wanting to improve your health. These forums have a whole hose of coaches who are ready willing and able to offer support.

I would recommend reading the IP Alternative Phase 1 threads. There is a lot of product information in those threads. (Too much for me to repeat here). Just off the top of my head I know others have tried Lindora, EAS and IsoPure. The specifics of each I can't remember.

I just learned this trick from another board member. Go to just above the blue bar at the top of the page. You'll see the bread crumb line for this forum. Click on the link for "other reduced carb diets" this will open up all the old IP chats and you can read the Alternative Phase 1 threads for information to help you out.

motiv8edmama 04-27-2010 12:58 AM

I have been using the EAS AdvantEdge shakes, they work great and are so yummy. They really help me so that I do not miss chocolate, I feel like I am getting so much each day...hehehe. I get mine at Sam's Club, a 24 pack for 27-30 bucks or so. Good luck! Also, you might look at the Sticky's for the IP diet as someone has made spread sheets on all types of alternate options with the nutritional information included...what a lot of work! Take care!

stayingalive 04-27-2010 04:19 PM

Thanks...

Appreciate your replys...I will try to find those spreadsheets for affordable alternatives. I am on day #4 and rarely feeling hungry. I did go to Sam's and found the EAS vanilla protein powder. Any recommendations for adding fiber to keep things flowing?

Pam

motiv8edmama 05-01-2010 11:11 PM

Wow...you've lost quite a bit so far, way to go! I am not sure about the fiber, you might ask on the IP alternatives phase one thread or even the regular IP weekly thread, just look for the one with the most recent posts and you'll know you are in the right place. Good luck!

deinekatze 05-01-2010 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stayingalive (Post 3266533)
Appreciate your replys...I will try to find those spreadsheets for affordable alternatives. I am on day #4 and rarely feeling hungry. I did go to Sam's and found the EAS vanilla protein powder. Any recommendations for adding fiber to keep things flowing?

Pam

Detoxifiber from Garden of Life is a good brand.