Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 01:04 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Awww thanks Calgary! I'm definitely giving becoming a coach some thought! Plus I'm going to try to work out a deal with them to get my food at cost lol.

No I hadn't done one before my coach had never really mentioned them until last week and I took some time to think about it and decided this week to do it! We'll see how it goes
I havnt heard anything about a cleanse . Is this something you should do once a month or every other ? I would like to know more about it ? Thanks .
Old 04-19-2010, 01:06 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Is anyone else having a tough time with the Sea Salt? I am finding it the toughest part of IP, unless it was on fries...sigh... I find it hard to get down.
I use it in my turnips fries or I just take it and swallow it down with a drink of water.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:12 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Chaplains wifey The cleanse I have is thru my coach called "Natura" Novi Cure.
It comes in a box with three bottles. Two of the bottles are pills that you take 2 of each day ( so 4 in total) and then a liquid that you have 2tblsp of each day. This last for 15 days. In Canada through the clinic I go to it was $60.00 Canadian.
I was just told that IP likes there clients to do a cleanse around the 3rd week in. Whether the timing is important or not I am not sure.
Hope that helps a little!
Old 04-19-2010, 01:14 PM   #34  

Turnip fries!!! Forgive me I am new to the board as of yesterday so how do you make those!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 01:15 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 176/145/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning all!

It's a goergeous, sunny spring morning here in Eastern Washington - supposed to hit 78 degrees today - woohoo!

Love this program! this was my first week 'back on' since last summer - I lost a whopping 7 lbs! gotta love that first week.
This weekend was my husbands birthday... I kept catching myself automatcially 'starting' to take quick bites of things - a lick from the cream cheese frosting on the homemade carrot cake - this and that and the other thing. It's amazing how much 'extra' calories I could consume without even being aware of it! I was actually pretty strict this weekend - I'd say 99% on plan.

sassykimann - very cool on picking out your wedding dress! You're gonna be beautiful!

stacerp - It's hard not to have those little cheats - I find that I need to stick to it or I'm afraid that I'll totally go off track -

Chaplains Wifey - absolutely start doing that happy dance!

jordanna - great idea about the shakes and mixing the orange with the pudding. I'll have to try that. I had the berry yoghurt smoothie this weekend for the first time - not bad. 1 lb is still great especially after all you've already lost! I predict that once you pass that pesky 220 you'll slide right down through the 210's!

Also - you'd make am amazing coach - I know that alot of us already feel like you are are coach here! we count you for your knowledge and your spirit!
What type of cleanse are you thinking about?

Calgarygirlie - I usually have it on my lean protien at night and usually put a couple shakes on my steamed vegies with olive oil - actually pretty good - especially on asparagus

Have a great day today !!

-Teresa
Old 04-19-2010, 01:16 PM   #36  

I'm doing the same cleanse as Calgarygirlie - though my coach said as long as it's a good liver, kidney, bowel cleanse it didn't have to be the brand that IP sells. She said a good one is CleanseSMART too if I didn't want to buy through IP!

She said you should do one every few months!
Old 04-19-2010, 01:16 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 145/120/115

Height: 5'4

I find myself having an extra cup of coffee when I'm feeling bored (like when I'd usually grab a snack)..I'm only putting a stevia in it, do you think I'm hurting the system? I do like herbal tea, but it seems to upset my stomach! I'm still drinking tons of water.

I've been on IP for 5 weeks, need to lose at least another 10lbs, but finding it hard to continue in 'Boot Camp' mode.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:19 PM   #38  

Calgarygirlie - I usually sprinkle some sea salt in each one of my waters. You don't notice it's there and it helps get it down

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocola View Post
I find myself having an extra cup of coffee when I'm feeling bored (like when I'd usually grab a snack)..I'm only putting a stevia in it, do you think I'm hurting the system? I do like herbal tea, but it seems to upset my stomach! I'm still drinking tons of water.

I've been on IP for 5 weeks, need to lose at least another 10lbs, but finding it hard to continue in 'Boot Camp' mode.
Hee hee - try being on boot camp for 14 weeks and then we'll talk!! just kidding. Maybe try having a bar or other IP treat once or twice a week - it'll give you something to look forward to!
Old 04-19-2010, 01:27 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Turnip fries!!! Forgive me I am new to the board as of yesterday so how do you make those!!!
I cut up turnips like fries . I use paprika , garlic salt , onion salt . or sea salt and shake the turnips in a ziplock bag with the seasoning then I bake them in the oven or I grill them on my grilll . I love them .
Old 04-19-2010, 01:28 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I'm doing the same cleanse as Calgarygirlie - though my coach said as long as it's a good liver, kidney, bowel cleanse it didn't have to be the brand that IP sells. She said a good one is CleanseSMART too if I didn't want to buy through IP!

She said you should do one every few months!
Do you continue to eat normal when you do the cleanse ?
Old 04-19-2010, 01:38 PM   #41  

Thank you, thank you Chaplains wifey, that will be my lunch veggies. Yay! something new
As for the cleanse, it looks like Jordanna and I are doing identical ones, and yes I still eat exactly the same, just the added pills and liquid each day.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:43 PM   #42  

yup my coach said to eat like normal and take the pills and the liquid at lunch time every day....
Old 04-19-2010, 02:05 PM   #43  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post
Good Morning all

I hope you all had an amazing weekend!

I am a bit disappointed with my WI this week. I am down 3 pounds, I guess I am just spoiled as I have been hitting big numbers sicne I stated this program 7 weeks ago. I'll take it though!

I had a pretty emotional weekend. I was told that with less then 5 months to go for my wedding that my dream dress can not be altered as my weight loss, 4 sizes lost and inches will basically mean my dress had to be remade and it would cost a fortune. Then they told us we had to find a dress and place an order by May 1 as its wedding season and it will take us 4-4.5 months to get the dress in and I will still need alterations...so we spend the weekend driving all over the city and I have to tell you it was SOOOO much more fun trying on wedding dresses now because my body has changed so much and there are soooo many more options for me..I put on the very last dress yesterday and that was it..I found THE dress. It shows off all of my new curves, hugs them and I must say I look pretty damn hot

Its a corset back and fitted with room to lose more weight so the alterations should be at a minimum.

I am ordering the dress of Wed and I am so excited. We put on my old dress for comparision and we couldnt even keep it on me withouth them wrapping it to the other side of my body..It was amazing and that it when I saw how amazing this program is...WOW!

Sorry for the long post..Im just so excited.
HEHEHE

That is a GREAT story! I don't know many brides-to-be who are HAPPY to be unable to wear their dream wedding dress! I am so pleased for you that you got the opportunity to have fun trying on lots of dresses! You have done so well on this program you really have earned that beautiful new look!

Carla
Old 04-19-2010, 02:07 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post
This past week I was not POP (perfectly on plan). I just want to commit to myself, in front of you all, that this week I will work the plan just like I did when I first started. No more loosey goosey!
That term POP... hmmm? did you ever follow the 6 week body makeover (Michael Thurman/Provida)? I did and in our forum threads we frequently used the term POP. Also used alot of TOM (time of month) and ICK (off plan foods which we DIDN'T name) and others.

Carla
Old 04-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
So in an hour I have my weigh in . Hoping to hit the 170's today . I was at 180 yesterday but there scale is diffrent than mine and I weigh at home with nothing on . So we will see. Also tomorrow is my photo shoot for my husbands anniversaary gift . I am so nervous about that but excited too . He will be home in 12 more days for two weeks . Really excited about that . I have decided that Im going to let myself cheat a couple of times while he is at home . I have not cheated once since I started but I really want a good starbucks coffee and a blizzard . I know so bad . I might talk myself out of them . We will see. Have a great day everyone !
I hope you make it to the 170's today!!

My trick for a starbucks coffee... I get a venti (iced or hot), have them not fill it completely up, they can add the SUGAR FREE flavored syrup (torani) of your choice ( I use the cinnamon, vanilla, or caramel). Then I dump in one of my IP premade vanilla drinks and stir well. IT TASTES SO CLOSE it is scary! It counts as a meal or snack so, I use it as a breakfast treat or, after/with a salad as a lunch. I have also done this as a late night snack when we went to the movies. Our theater doesn't throw a fit if we take in a drink. First we stopped at starbucks, I made my coffee, then we headed into the theater.

Carla
Closed Thread