Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 12:11 PM   #16  
Me, only smaller.

S/C/G: 195/185/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi all:

I'm starting IP today and had my first Pineapple/Banana shake for breakfast. Not bad at all. I'm hoping I am one of the lucky people that don't get any side affects within the first week. I tried Atkins years ago and remember some pretty bad nausea and headaches when I got into ketosis at first.

I'm traveling on Friday evening until Sunday, so I am a little nervous about staying on track. But, I plan to bring my little cooler in the car with what I need. Wish me luck!

I am so happy to have found these forums and others on IP. This plan makes a lot of sense to me, and I'm hoping my body responds well by releasing all this extra fat that I don't need.

BTW, any tips for starting out and getting through the first few weeks are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by FlourishGirl; 04-19-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:18 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Drink your water ! Very important . Get in all your vegetables , salt and oil . Dont skip any packets . The first week was the hardest for me . But after that I didnt really struggle . If you get a headache try adding some extra sea salt . you will do great ! Welcome . I havn't heard about the orange strawberry shake .Sounds good . I live in washington also .Where in washington do you live ?
Old 04-19-2010, 12:19 PM   #18  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Chaplains Wifey -- 4 pounds this week and 68 pounds overall!! You Should Be Happy Dancing....
Can't wait to hear all about your photo shoot. I would never have the nerve...so GOOD for you!!
Old 04-19-2010, 12:33 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Just got back from my weigh in and Im down to 180 . Little dissapointed that I didnt hit the 170's but I will next week .At least I lost .Last week i didnt loose a lb this week I lost 4 . 20 lbs to go !
wow that is amazing !!! I am sure you will see the 170's next week !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourishGirl View Post
Hi all:

I'm starting IP today and had my first Pineapple/Banana shake for breakfast. Not bad at all. I'm hoping I am one of the lucky people that don't get any side affects within the first week. I tried Atkins years ago and remember some pretty bad nausea and headaches when I got into ketosis at first.

I'm traveling on Friday evening until Sunday, so I am a little nervous about staying on track. But, I plan to bring my little cooler in the car with what I need. Wish me luck!

I am so happy to have found these forums and others on IP. This plan makes a lot of sense to me, and I'm hoping my body responds well by releasing all this extra fat that I don't need.

BTW, any tips for starting out and getting through the first few weeks are greatly appreciated.
Welcome and Good Luck !! The first few days were rough for me but some sea salt in water did help with the headaches.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:38 PM   #20  

Quote:
Oh we now have the strawberry pudding . My coach gave me a free package to try . I can't remember how everyone was making them .Any suggestions. Also what was the other new one thats out .I was thinking it was an orange something ? Can anyone also tell me the calories and carbs on the strawberry pudding so I can add it to my food list .Thanks
Hey - I have the strawberry pudding as a shake it's super good that way. I put about 8 or 9 oz of water in my shaker and a splash of french vanilla divinci syrup and it's sooo good.

I also have the orange drink half a package mixed with half a package of vanilla pudding and about 8 - 10 oz of water and it's so good - like a dreamcicle.

Good luck at your weigh in!!
Old 04-19-2010, 12:41 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourishGirl View Post
Hi all:

Firstly, Welcome! You'll find some great information around here. I come and read these boards when I'm feeling like snacking - gives the mind and hands something to do!

Believe in the program and follow it exactly. It's easy to follow (not always easy to "do" however) and trust me, it works. For me, it was easiest to stay away from as many social situations as possible. My friends understand and I know from experience that I cannot trust myself not to just have a "bite" or something yummy. But that's me. Maybe you have more will power.

Again, keep your head down and follow the program closely. You'll see results! Good luck.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:42 PM   #22  

I weighed in today - only down a pound. At first I was disappointed but then shook it off, clearly my body just isn't ready to let go of the stupid 220's. I'll get there next week!

I'm starting a cleanse this week - I've never done one before so I'm kind of nervous about it.

And - my coach asked me to become a coach! So I'm going to give it some thought!
Old 04-19-2010, 12:42 PM   #23  
Me, only smaller.

S/C/G: 195/185/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Drink your water ! Very important . Get in all your vegetables , salt and oil . Dont skip any packets . The first week was the hardest for me . But after that I didnt really struggle . If you get a headache try adding some extra sea salt . you will do great ! Welcome . I havn't heard about the orange strawberry shake .Sounds good . I live in washington also .Where in washington do you live ?
CW: I edited my post to Pineapple/Banana Sorry about that.
I am in Spokane, WA. Any good suggestions on how to be sure I use the salt? Do you just sprinkle it on your meat/fish for dinner or add it someplace else?
Old 04-19-2010, 12:49 PM   #24  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

going for a weigh in tomorrow. I usually go on Monday's, but my coach is out of town this week and I have to wait till tomorrow when someone else can help. Hoping to be down 4 so that I can hit -40. We will see, keep your fingers crossed!
Old 04-19-2010, 12:50 PM   #25  

Hey Motiv8edmama - thanks for reminding me to put up links for my other blogs, when I transitioned to the new site I didn't do that. They're now on a sidebar and on my "about the fat kid" section for finding them in the future!
Old 04-19-2010, 12:57 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Jordanna! You should absolutely be a coach, you have the perfect spirit and of course, knowledge for it. I started my cleanse this week as well, my coach recommended it for me when starting the 3rd week of IP. Did you do a cleanse previously?
Old 04-19-2010, 01:00 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Is anyone else having a tough time with the Sea Salt? I am finding it the toughest part of IP, unless it was on fries...sigh... I find it hard to get down.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:00 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I weighed in today - only down a pound. At first I was disappointed but then shook it off, clearly my body just isn't ready to let go of the stupid 220's. I'll get there next week!

I'm starting a cleanse this week - I've never done one before so I'm kind of nervous about it.

And - my coach asked me to become a coach! So I'm going to give it some thought!
You would make a great coach !!!!

What is the name of the cleanse you are starting ? I have been on one called Tiao He Pak, my coach (who is also a Holistic doctor) suggested it.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:00 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Jordanna! You should absolutely be a coach, you have the perfect spirit and of course, knowledge for it. I started my cleanse this week as well, my coach recommended it for me when starting the 3rd week of IP. Did you do a cleanse previously?
Awww thanks Calgary! I'm definitely giving becoming a coach some thought! Plus I'm going to try to work out a deal with them to get my food at cost lol.

No I hadn't done one before my coach had never really mentioned them until last week and I took some time to think about it and decided this week to do it! We'll see how it goes
Old 04-19-2010, 01:02 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post

You would make an awesome coach ! You look so beautiful ! I love your new picture . Keep up the good work !
Closed Thread