Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 03:46 PM   #451  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbrochu View Post
Thanks!! I hope to get better results over the next 2 days before my 1st weigh in! I am doing my best to get all the water in, its hard I am a hygienist and I am so busy morning and afternoon. I try to drink 2c breakfast, 2 c. midmorning, 2 at lunch then 2 mid day, then 2more at dinner and snack. Im going to curb my sodium intake as well cause maybe I was retaining water. I will stick to the 2tsp of sea salt and no more. So no soy sauce for me I geuss. Another question, if I eat the 2c. veggies do I have to have any lettuce? Sometimes I am full and don't want it. In canada on phase 1 as well I am not allowed any restricted foods,or even occasional foods.
Keep up the good work I'm a hygienist also and I find it a challenge to drink all my H2O. Mostly having time to go to the bathroom, LOL! I try to drink 16oz before I get to work, 16oz at lunch atleast and 16oz on my way home, this way during the evening no so bad. I do have a challenge with the lettuce but I am trying to be good.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:49 PM   #452  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvieG View Post
Why would we?

Everyone has it's own opinion about the subject - and respecting each other ups and downs is what this place is all about!

Being on IP with breaks, cheats, big and small victories for the last 8 months has brought me perspective about this plan. As Jordanna writes it, it is about what works for YOU!

Keep faith in yourself!

By the way, down almost 6lbs this week!
Thank you! I am fine. No faith lost yet! I completely agree it is about what works for you. FOR ME, this works! I can' see myself ever going back to a high carb lifestyle. Not after all this work and not after knowing my body responds best to protein.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:49 PM   #453  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post

MzMoody and Choosie1 and any other newbies I have missed or that may be lurking!

Also, and I hope no one minds, but I need to say something about the whole "IP vs Matol, Lindora, New Lifestyles, Dr "who ever", do it yourself" battle.

First, it comes up every time a new group joins the board. Second, it resurfaces whenever someone who is part of the board reaches a financial fork in the road, an issue with a coach/clinic, or needs to have some variety. Third, it is always followed by a disruption to the board as people debate and argue the merits of the products and, then is followed by people who leave the board.

Personally, I see it as a personal subject and decision. I understand the need to communicate and inform oneself and for that reason Jordanna created a separate thread, outside of our weekly chit chat, just for the purpose of such discussions. I think the discussions and tidbits related to the value of using these other brands that are compatible with the IP protocols are valuable but should be in a separate place.

ALSO my personal opinion, this is a chit chat thread to share support, advice, tips and experience, get to know others, share recipes, etc. It is not a place to be judging or being critical of another persons approach. ( I personally am a hard core IP girl. In the beginning, I felt like if you were not doing IP only maybe you were not really on the plan and shouldn't be here. I was WRONG. The plans/products are closely related and do work together. I personally won't be using them anytime soon but, again, IT IS PERSONAL.)

I would hate to have any lurking persons who read our thread see the posts that seem argumentative, non-supportive, and at times (in the past) rude. They may be deterred from trying any of the products/programs and may not get the benefits of something that could change their life. Also, I would hate to see a newbie to the forum stop participating because they feel un-welcomed, or a current user driven off by someone's overly asserted opinion of what should or shouldn't be done. (I left the forum for quite some time and a BIG part of it was the bickering and arguments over product. THANK YOU again Jordanna, if it weren't for the optional thread created and the settling of the tone on the chat, I would have stayed gone I think.)

I think sharing our knowledge, providing facts, experiences, and tips is all important. I think each person should decide for themselves what works. I don't think this is the right thread for the "alternate products debate" as it may confuse, frustrate, or drive away others who aren't in a place for those decisions.

I hope I haven't offended anyone with my outspokenness. I have just gone through three other rounds of this and wish it wouldn't come up again. (It will I am sure, with the next group of newbies and those at forks in the road!)

May I suggest these discussions continue on this thread link?
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...deas-tips.html

Also, there is an alternative phases and diets program thread for chit chat too. My understanding is they have lots of tips.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...il-2010-a.html

Thanks for hearing my rant/tantrum. I am in no way suggesting anyone on here (this forum or thread) jump ship. I don't want to see anyone leave this forum/thread. I do want each person to get what they need in support and friendship and information. I hope that by knowing about the other threads it will help each person get what they need to continue the programs they are choosing and to stay here!

(begin throwing rotten tomatoes and eggs now! )
HAHAHAHA You are too funny. LOVE IT and AGREE!!!

We all share our own experiences and make suggestions to the best of our abilities. No one is exactly the same as the other person, what works for one may not work for the other... look at how many diets, exercise programs, etc are out there! We are not all cookie cut

HUGS and welcome to all the newbies... Lets have fun on this weight loss journey together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibdadozer View Post
Ha I saw this after I asked if anyone else doesn't like it.

Anyone tried the lemon or banana pudding?
banana is DIS-GUS-TING!

It so reminded me of the crappy Banana candies from when I was a kid... the bright yellow stuff... yes, same color too! Ugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvieG View Post
Why would we?

Everyone has it's own opinion about the subject - and respecting each other ups and downs is what this place is all about!

Being on IP with breaks, cheats, big and small victories for the last 8 months has brought me perspective about this plan. As Jordanna writes it, it is about what works for YOU!

Keep faith in yourself!

By the way, down almost 6lbs this week!
6 lbs? WOW

WAY TO GO!!!!

I am still waiting for my 6lbs week... but I best stay on boot-camp huh ;-)

I am now, I promise. Got my ketostix to finally tell me I am in "small" to "Moderate" today
Old 04-23-2010, 04:05 PM   #454  

Thanks Carla - I agree with you that the discussions about alternate foods be on the alternate food thread. That is why I created the thread in the first place!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about using strict IP or not, there is a general philosophy behind the IP diet that works whether using the IP foods or not, but this is not the thread to discuss it on.

There are some great links and food comparisons on that alternate thread that have been compiled for the benefit of those looking for alternatives and cost saving measures and I've put them all up in one convenient place.

For all the newbies, feel free to do some research on your own and post questions about alternatives on that thread, and those using alternate products I'm sure will have great insight into them!!

Hope that helps!
Old 04-23-2010, 04:05 PM   #455  
NEW IP Dieter

S/C/G: 221/176.5/165

Height: 5 4 1/2"

Quote:
I am not sure why some coaches are so restrictive but they are. I read only a 3 week weight for restricted food and was told no at 70% now he says he won't give them til 90% lost. Also, I read that we got to shift at 70% weight loss and my coach said NO. He won't shift people to the next phase until 90-100% lost. Part of it seems to be fear and experience and length of time doing this. He has seen a lot of people misuse the restricted items and stop weight loss or regain. He is so concerned for every succeeding he is doing it strict. He also is doing it the way he did and for him, simple and strict worked. Another factor is our regional is apparently very much to the keep it strict side. I know there are other coaches in my area so, if it were a real problem, I might ask around and find one who was practicing a philosophy that worked for me. As it stands, I am ok with how things are going.

Showgirlaz

I guess for me I am comfortable with doing what I was told to do in the beginning and would FREAK if I could not have the bars right now. If I had started out as strict as you are doing I probably would have gotten used to it.
I am at the point that if it is working and I stay in ketosis (I check every morning) I will stick with what I know. I am thrilled to have a program that I can follow so easily.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:07 PM   #456  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
HAHAHAHA You are too funny. LOVE IT and AGREE!!!

HUGS and welcome to all the newbies... Lets have fun on this weight loss journey together!

crappy yellow candy....

CRAPPY YELLOW CANDY!! I LOVE it! So funny, that is exactly what I thought. I even told my coach, "if you want to describe this to someone, ask if they have ever had that banana candy as a kid. If they liked that, they will like this."

Thanks for your compliments today! I wish I looked as thin as you but, I'd need another 4" in height! LOL Oh well another 20 pounds maybe!

Have a great day!
Old 04-23-2010, 04:20 PM   #457  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
ibdadozer:

I started on Monday and to be honest the chicken soup was the worst one I ever tried. I haven't tried everything so far but my most favorite is the cold cereal and the hearty stew so far. I am trying the leak soup today for lunch so we'll see. I have also tried the vanilla pudding, wasn't bad. the banana/pineapple drink : I still remember the icky taste of it from yesterday afternoon.

my Hunger: very very bad around 5 in the afternoon. Basically I can't function or think clearly till I have a protein pack. Yesterday I was so out of it that I bought 2 huge bunches of arugula instead of spinach; got home, started cooking it and just by smell I realized it was not spinach.

I have a co-worker here who has done it and he says by day 4-5 I should be able to deal with the hunger better. Well today is my day 4 so we'll see what happens.

Extraordinary thing: I had to cook alot last night because I have family coming in tonight and I did NOT taste anything that I cooked...as in no cheating so I think I am relativley committed to this.
what I do is have my ip drink for breakfast...then at lunchtime have some veggies. Then around 3 or 3:30 have my other ip drink. then dinner at about 6 and my last ip at 9. this helps get me through the day without starving! I just space it all out
Old 04-23-2010, 04:24 PM   #458  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

ok, so I wanted to fill you guys in on the latest. So my husband showed up this morning to pick up the rest of his stuff. I guess he just woke up and decided that he doesn't want to be a husband or dad anymore. I seriously think something isn't right "up stairs"! Anyway, for the last two weeks I have had to force the food down. I am trying to eat what I need to though because I dont want the stress to affect my weight loss. It is too expensive to start slowing down now!
I did however have an nsv today. I bought a pair of jean shorts that were a size 16. I haven't wore a size 16 in 15 years! I was pretty stoked!
Old 04-23-2010, 04:25 PM   #459  

S/C/G: 249/229/160

Height: 5' 5"

Is there anywhere on the web where you can purchase the actual IP products?
Old 04-23-2010, 04:46 PM   #460  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
ok, so I wanted to fill you guys in on the latest. So my husband showed up this morning to pick up the rest of his stuff. I guess he just woke up and decided that he doesn't want to be a husband or dad anymore. I seriously think something isn't right "up stairs"! Anyway, for the last two weeks I have had to force the food down. I am trying to eat what I need to though because I dont want the stress to affect my weight loss. It is too expensive to start slowing down now!
I did however have an nsv today. I bought a pair of jean shorts that were a size 16. I haven't wore a size 16 in 15 years! I was pretty stoked!
I'm sorry to hear about your husband, fluffy. Are you sure there isn't another woman in the picture? I hope your boys are starting to handle their emotions.

Congrats on getting down to size 16! Don't let a jerk derail you from taking care of yourself.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:48 PM   #461  
Started IP 4/22/10

S/C/G: 242/219.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
The lemon is ok. I add an extra splenda with some lemon extract or a few drops of the "lemon drop stevia" by sweet leaf. Then I add some poppy seeds. It isn't too bad.

The banana... HA... HA... HA.. NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN!! It tastes like banana laffy taffy candy! GROSS to me even as a kid. I have tried it once and never looked back.
I'm going to pick up the lemon stevia, that sounds like a grand plan! Swapping out for the strawberry tonight with my coach.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:50 PM   #462  

Hey Jordana! I hope today is going very well.

and....

Happy Birthday, Hudson!
Old 04-23-2010, 04:51 PM   #463  

S/C/G: 232/168/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Band Mom View Post
HATEUSERSNAMES:

WOW I did not get your "User Name" until I typed it out What do you mean you use veggies only 2x a week...all veggies? That would be my kind of diet...only IP foods. I am SICK of salad!
Sorry for the confusion. My coach wanted me to perk up my weight loss, so she called her "coach" or whatever her support person is, and they said to limit my intake of broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini and asparagus to only 1 1/2 cups per day. At that time, I was sick of salad and only eating steamed veggis. WF dressings are yuck to me, so I began eating salads with my olive oil and Ms. Dash or salt and pepper. Only eating those veggies listed above twice per week as if they were restricted. I make a salad with iceberg lettuce, cukes, a few slices of zucchini, celery, red cabbage and some spinach. I've been happy with it so far.

As to the user name, on my third try my patients snapped! I'm better now and considering changing the name, however I really DO hate user names. You can call me Kayce if you want too.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #464  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
How old is he? I've asked before but let me elaborate...

My ex husband did something similar... it really was as if he has just woken up one day and though "nahhhh , I am not going to be married any more, too much responsibility"

I thought "I" was his Mid Life Crisis... hahaha (yes he was 15 years older than me) but maybe not. We didn't last 3 years. I found out as he was walking around the house talking to his ex-GF on the phone about "yeah but when can I do that, it's always something going on, if it isn't her birthday, or its mothers day, or Christmas... there always seems to be something going on so I can't tell her"...and then he saw me standing in the hallway in awe "oh crap, I gotta go"...yeah, thanks buddy, that was one way of doing it!

When they go through that "Tunnel" there is no way to "get them" or understand them. Honestly... there is no telling how long it will be like that, you can't help them out, all you can do is be there for them. But your marriage was short so a history was not really made there.

Focus on you and the kids. I promise you it will be fine.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:58 PM   #465  
getting back on track

Quote:

CRAPPY YELLOW CANDY!! I LOVE it! So funny, that is exactly what I thought. I even told my coach, "if you want to describe this to someone, ask if they have ever had that banana candy as a kid. If they liked that, they will like this."

Thanks for your compliments today! I wish I looked as thin as you but, I'd need another 4" in height! LOL Oh well another 20 pounds maybe!

Have a great day!
Awwww thank you!

Well I need to lose still quite a bit (as you can see by my tracker) so yes, I am lucky with my height... but the scale doesn't lie hahahaha.

You are looking FANTASTIC so keep at it!
Closed Thread