Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 11:46 PM   #361  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

On the water chat... I had 96oz today... it was a good water day ;-)

Food taste... not crazy about the soups. The omelet I use as scramble with my 2 cups of spinach and salt...not appealing to the eye as I blend it so it's all green, but tastes good.

Not crazy about he puddings either... HATE the banana one, that's just plain Nasty, but Vanilla and Butterscotch I can make as a shake (just more water and in the blender.

I agree on the WF dressings being crap... nasty tasting indeed. About the Caesar dressing, as far as I know Anchovies are in the list of allowed fish SO, other than the egg there has to be a way

Ingredients

* 2 egg yolk
* 2 tbl Dijon mustard
* 6 to 8 anchovy fillets, minced
* 2 tbl chopped garlic
* 4 tbl balsamic vinegar (use apple cider instead)
* 3 tsp lemon juice
* dash of Worcestershire sauce
* 2 cups olive oil
* 2 tbl warm water, if necessary
* 1 cup parmesan

Directions

1. Place egg yolk, mustard, anchovies, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce into a bowl.
2. Mix with whisk
3. Slowly add olive oil until fully incorporated
4. If dressing gets too thick, add warm water and then continue until all oil is added
5. Add parmesan and continue to mix
6. Makes 1 1/2 cups
Old 04-22-2010, 11:47 PM   #362  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaVB View Post
I have been reading through the 2 recipe threads...is there a place with recipes on how to "doctor up" the IP packaged foods?
hello! and WELCOME! You can check in the sticky thread for the forum. We have 2 recipe threads and some FAQs too. If not, just ask about a specific product, you will likely get a fair amount of feedback.

carla
Old 04-22-2010, 11:49 PM   #363  

S/C/G: 164.2/164.2/130

Height: 5' 6 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaVB View Post
Hi all!! I'm an IP virgin, so I've got tons of reading to do. Got lots of questions, but I'll try to read the posts before asking again.

I gotta say though...I am having a REALLY REALLY rough time with the IP stuff. I have had a serious gag reflex on the Banana/Pineapple shake, I couldn't even finish the Strawberry pudding, and barely got through the Chicken soup. It's all just SO THICK with the directions on the packets. So I'm eating lots of lettuce and just being hungry, which is a disappointment because I was told I wouldn't be hungry on this.

I just started on Tuesday, so I've been doing this 3 days now. I live in a really small town with a crappy grocery store, but...it's not a huge deal, just because I'm very picky with the veggies. I can do cauliflower & broccoli but that's about the only veggie I've tried and liked. A lot of the veggies aren't even around in my grocery store, so wouldn't even know how to pick one out or cook it LOL

So anyway...I'm 37 years old, live in northwest Iowa and have been married for almost 15 years. We have a little girl who will be 9 in a few months, and I'm doing this to be able to shop in a regular clothing store, and hopefully not be so winded when my little girl wants to bike ride, play outside, etc.
Lisa - Welcome.

When I first started, I couldn't stand the IP stuff either. I have to dilute the drinks just about double what they say, add some ice. Didn't like the soups, or cereal either. I basically like the puddings - have only tried chocolate and vanilla - i mix those together, vanilla drinks, pina colada drink, and I do the pom drink for the loose skin. Try diluting. Like everyone else says also - your taste buds do change over time.

Hope this helps a bit.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:45 AM   #364  

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbrochu View Post
Has anyone come up with a carb/sugar free Caesar dressing. Was just thinking Olive oil,egg,anchovies??,garlic, s&P , worchesterchire, lemon juice........ Just thinking if a small amt on the lettuce(romaine) would be allowed. Just throwing that out there. I do not like any of the walden dressings, ICK!! but love my caesar salad. LOL!!
Try either of these. Leave the cheese out if you feel it is a cheat.

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/...aesar-dressing

Eggless Caesar Dressing
Copyright 2010 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. All rights reserved.

Ingredients (to make 1-1/2 cups)
4 small cloves garlic
½ teaspoon coarse salt
12 anchovy fillets
1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (approx. 2-3 lemons)
2 tablespoons drained capers rinsed
1-1/2 teaspoons dried mustard
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese (omit if you are on a strict IP protocol, could be used in later phases)

Directions
1. Mash garlic and salt using a large mortar and pestle. Add anchovies, zest, capers, mustard, and pepper; mash to form a paste. Stir in lemon juice. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, working pestle until emulsified; work in cheese. (Or, puree all ingredients except oil and cheese in a blender. Add oil in a slow steady stream, blending until emulsified. Transfer to a bowl; stir in cheese.) Dressing can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 3 days. Serve at room temperature.

OR

http://planetgreen.discovery.com/foo...sar-salad.html

Emeril Lagasse's Eggless Caesar Salad

Ingredients:
2 lemons, juiced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (annie's organic dijon is sugar free and wine free)
1 tablespoon anchovy paste
Salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 head romaine lettuce, washed and dried, torn into bite-size pieces (about 10 cups)
1 cup croutons
1/2 cup grated Parmesan ( omit if on strict IP, Phase 1, can be used in later phases or for family/guests)
Method:
In a mixing bowl combine the lemon juice, garlic, mustard, anchovy paste, salt, and pepper.
Whisk in the canola oil to blend.
To Serve:
In a large salad bowl, toss the lettuce with the dressing. Add the croutons and top with Parmesan.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 04-23-2010 at 12:51 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:53 AM   #365  

Updated my avatar again. Also, you can see a full length picture of me if you look at my profile photos. I am in the middle wearing a white t-shirt. By point of reference, my eight year old (45 pound) niece is next to me and my sister is a size 6. These pictures are two weeks old.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:26 AM   #366  

Lindora products are VERY DIFFERENT from the IP products. IP uses only sucralose (SPLENDA) to sweeten itmes while Lindora uses aspartame (EQUAL) and often high fructose corn syrup! HFC???? That's just pure empty calories so I would not equate Lindora to IP. Also, the Lindora bars are not manufactured by the same company as the IP bars ~~the ingredients are different even though the Nutrition Info Label may be similar. The ingredients are soooooooooo important.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:33 AM   #367  

I see many of you writing about using Divinci syrups flavorings---sugar free, I guess??? My friend told me her coach said absolutely no extracts or flavorings. Are any of you using Vanilla extract? peppermint extract? almond extract? Any of them? I'm trying to get a feel for this regimen before I jump in b/c it looks like IP is very $$$$$

Last edited by chimpchamp; 04-23-2010 at 02:44 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:46 AM   #368  

Looks like Matol is also affiliate with Dr. Tran...Matol is the only one I can find that has some of the same products (same ingredients/ nutritional info) as IP--and both Matol and IP have their roots in the same doctor.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:01 AM   #369  
New To Ideal Protein

S/C/G: 230/211.8/165

Height: 5 ft 5

Thx so much for the eggless caesar dressings, those are perfect. I will just leave out the parmesan cheese!! Thats just great, thanks alot.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:15 AM   #370  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Updated my avatar again. Also, you can see a full length picture of me if you look at my profile photos. I am in the middle wearing a white t-shirt. By point of reference, my eight year old (45 pound) niece is next to me and my sister is a size 6. These pictures are two weeks old.
WOOHOO CARLA!!! You look terrific in the profile pic. I can't see you very well in your avatar but it looks like a lovely place you were visiting.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:06 AM   #371  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Going for WI 5! Wish me luck!
Old 04-23-2010, 08:12 AM   #372  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Carla - you are looking super good!! Well done! Gosh - I can't wait to get to where you are!! You're awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Going for WI 5! Wish me luck!
Good luck Kelsey - I'm sure you'll kick butt
Old 04-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #373  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

For quite a few weeks, I had the vanilla box drinks 3x per day. I still think they are the best IP food of all the choices. The soups and envelope drinks are just too gloppy for my taste-- even with extra water I don't like their taste or consistency. Have steamed veggies and/or a salad for lunch with a box for dessert and then protein and veggies usually for dinner with another box at bedtime.
I've been traveling and trying different choices but will return home Sunday and go back to the vanilla boxes again. They just seem to work for me--- I tell myself they are a light milkshake! And thank goodness, I haven't gotten tired of them...
By the way, I stayed the course last evening though I was miserable and really wanting to cheat. But I hadn't lost any weight this morning so what's up with that?? So dislike the stalled scale days one on top of another...

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 04-23-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #374  

Hear Ye, Hear Ye:

let it be known though out the land.....

as of this morning this fat kid is no longer in the 220's.

You may now resume your day.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #375  

S/C/G: 145/120/115

Height: 5'4

Why no cheese? Someone was asking me why we're not allowed to have cheese since it's no carb? I don't have an answer..and I do love cheese, and miss it a bit! Is it the high fat?

Also my boobs are totally shrinking. A little was ok, but as I continue the diet I still want a little boobage, ya know? Maybe when I reintroduce carbs?
Closed Thread