Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 05:02 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 240/215/160

Height: 5-9"

Down another 2 pounds from the past week. That put me to 22.8 pounds in 7 weeks. I will take it! Yeah!
Old 04-20-2010, 05:09 PM   #152  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Oh my gosh Tricia - that is so kind of you! Thank you so much, I'm very much looking forward to enjoying some cake on my little guys birthday! ... you didn't happen to send some IP legal ice cream with it did you? just kiddin!

Yesterday, I used less water in my vanilla pudding yesterday and added a little vanilla extract and a dash of almond extract with 1 extra splenda packet then, whipped it up with my immersion blender. It came out the consistency of a heavy whipping cream. I let it sit in the freeze 10 min and it was almost an ice cream texture.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:23 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Just got done with my Boidoir phot o shoot . It was great ! She was so nice and made me feel so comfortable . My husband is going to be so surprised ! Every woman should do one of these photo shoots ! Your beautiful !
Old 04-20-2010, 05:40 PM   #154  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

CW....so glad to hear it went well. I've been thinking about you all day.

Lindora....I have ordered twice and like the soups(but I like the IP soups, too). I also like the Wildberry passion drink.

I have also ordered some items from New Life Style.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:40 PM   #155  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Just got done with my Boidoir phot o shoot . It was great ! She was so nice and made me feel so comfortable . My husband is going to be so surprised ! Every woman should do one of these photo shoots ! Your beautiful !
Hooray CW - congrats on going through with it! I'm glad it was such a good experience.

My coach gives everyone who gets to their goal weight a boudoir photo session as a gift...I'm excited about it
Old 04-20-2010, 05:42 PM   #156  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie32 View Post
OK so I have to weigh in today and it is my first weigh in with my TOM!! I feel so yucky and am thinking it won't be a great loss week...cross my fingers for a loss not a gain! Does anyone else experience slow weeks for loss while TOM visits?
I really think it is universal that your weight will not budge very good around your TOM! The next week is usually great though, so keep your chin up!!
Old 04-20-2010, 06:30 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hooray CW - congrats on going through with it! I'm glad it was such a good experience.

My coach gives everyone who gets to their goal weight a boudoir photo session as a gift...I'm excited about it
Wow ! Thats super nice of your coach because they are expensive to have done . Can't wait for you to get your's ! you will love it !
Old 04-20-2010, 07:15 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 240/227/160

Height: 5' 7"

I am new to the site and IP... I have been reading all your blogs for the last couple of weeks and have made the commitment! You all are really inspirational with your support and advice. I just got started this past Sunday and waiting to see how it goes. My only dislike so far has been the Wildberry Yogurt! Any advice?
Old 04-20-2010, 07:31 PM   #159  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicyn View Post
I am new to the site and IP... I have been reading all your blogs for the last couple of weeks and have made the commitment! You all are really inspirational with your support and advice. I just got started this past Sunday and waiting to see how it goes. My only dislike so far has been the Wildberry Yogurt! Any advice?

I didn't like the Wildberry yogurt either. I've never had since! I eat the choc pudding, but no yogurt!

again - Welcome, you'll love it here.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:31 PM   #160  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Hey Everyone! It's been crazy trying to catch up with all the posts... the past few weeks have been slow for me but I have finally made it into the 130s. I think I will consider myself at goal when I get down in the 120s so more or less only 10 lbs to go. Congrats to all the oldies for continuing their loses and to all the newbies for the loses they will start reporting here soon! Take care!
Old 04-20-2010, 07:43 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
BevS! I couldn't restrain myself and had rhubarb again last nite. HopefulTricia is so right is really does feel like I am completely cheating. I think I used 2 Ketostix just to make sure that that kind of delicious didn't knock me out of ketosis...it didn't!!! and I was down a pound today.
Preparing it: I just take 4cups of unsweetened frozen rhubarb (the fresh isn't ready here yet) put it in a microwaveable bowl and add a little Splenda. Then I throw it in the microwave for 10min.(stir it around at about 7min) and then enjoy!
Depending on your microwave it made need more or less time. It will be significantly less in the bowl once cooked because of the water content of the rhubarb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Fresh stalks cut up in 1" or so chunks. Boiled in water for not all that long. It gets stringy and mushy pretty fast. Drained it in a seive and then added splenda to taste. Made enough to have more tonight. It's just different and more like a fruity dessert than anything we can have on phase 1.
Hey, ladies, thanks for the recipes! One for frozen and one for fresh! What more could I ask for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
guess I really need to look into all that Lindora stuff...those of you who have used it...what on the Lindora plan can be used on Phase one of IP?
Hi, DK, my favorite Lindora items are the strawberry and berry creme smoothies (7 carb and 15 protein grams), $13 for 7 packets; cheesecake (8 carb and 12 protein grams--I also drink half of a serving whey protein in a shake with chocolate Walden Farms syrup with this to get some additional protein with another half gram of carb), $13 for 7 packets; custard creme pudding with toffee bits (6 carb and 12 protein grams--whey shake with this as well), $13 for 7 packets; and the caramel nut bar, which is identical to the IP caramel nut bar (14 usable carb and 15 protein grams, so it's restricted), $13.50 for 7 bars.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:48 PM   #162  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hey, ladies, thanks for the recipes! One for frozen and one for fresh! What more could I ask for?

Hi, DK, my favorite Lindora items are the strawberry and berry creme smoothies (7 carb and 15 protein grams), $13 for 7 packets; cheesecake (8 carb and 12 protein grams--I also drink half of a serving whey protein in a shake with chocolate Walden Farms syrup with this to get some additional protein with another half gram of carb), $13 for 7 packets; custard creme pudding with toffee bits (6 carb and 12 protein grams--whey shake with this as well), $13 for 7 packets; and the caramel nut bar, which is identical to the IP caramel nut bar (14 usable carb and 15 protein grams, so it's restricted), $13.50 for 7 bars.
Great info. Please do tell us when the sale is on for that. Would like to try
Old 04-20-2010, 07:58 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

I don't know if this has been discussed already on this board, but I thought I would ask. I have two preschool children, we have always eaten together as a family, and now Mommy is eating completely different food (or lack there of hahaha) I have just told my daughter that I am cleaning myself from the inside out, I didn't want to talk about weight with her. We are still trying to get her up into the 5th percentile...oh to have that woe.
What have you folks told your younger children, if you have them or even just young kids a part of your lives?
Thanks!
Old 04-20-2010, 08:00 PM   #164  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Huge discussions with coach today. I guess it's frowned upon for us to go off plan for vacation. I'm not sure what I'm even going to do. It's my first cruise, and i know that I will want to partake. I'm sure it's a double edge sword.

For those of you that cheated, are you happy you cheated, or if you had it to do over would you not stray?

Same question for those who went on vacation, but did not give into temptation... do you wish now that you had?
Old 04-20-2010, 08:27 PM   #165  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
That is so great! I want to get a set of photos like that some day! Maybe soon!

Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Huge discussions with coach today. I guess it's frowned upon for us to go off plan for vacation. I'm not sure what I'm even going to do. It's my first cruise, and i know that I will want to partake. I'm sure it's a double edge sword.

For those of you that cheated, are you happy you cheated, or if you had it to do over would you not stray?

Same question for those who went on vacation, but did not give into temptation... do you wish now that you had?
I have traveled alot on this. I have been good and I have had times, ironically at home , where I did have a cheat. It is just my humble opinion but, I would say, don't cheat. It makes it harder to get back on track. I did really well until I got sick, had some sugary cold syrup, then had a cheat. Had another cheat (coach knows) shortly after. It has been so much harder for me since I cheated. It seems like I gave myself license. I DIDN'T but some part of my brain doesn't get it. Also, I lost on each of those times. One was 4 pounds! SO, that makes it hard too from a psychology or justification perspective.

I think:
- if you are as desirous of achieving your success as I am,
- If you are super thrilled with your successes so far,
- If you are proud of what you've done and how you have been committed.

If you cheat, you might feel like I did, "WHY!!!???? Why did I do that! It wasn't necessary."

I actually have felt better for every NSV I have been able to chalk up when I could have done something else. Cruises have EVERYTHING! It isn't always about the food, the food is all great though. Make it a game to find out how to stick to the program. Remember you can switch your dinner meal to any time of day so, try a breakfast buffet one time, a lunch another, and so on. My coach allows me to spread my veggies out so, you could have some veggies between meals. Maybe plan a reward for yourself, something you can do on the cruise, that you would really enjoy. Like a carrot, make it a reward for the end of the trip IF you can stay on plan.

Just my thoughts. If you cheat, You will not die, you will lose weight going forward when you are back on plan, you will not be condemned to a horrible life, you may have to face your coach but, you have already done that. Do what you think is best for you. Just remember once you cheat it does make the next time, and the next time, even easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicyn View Post
I hate it as a yogurt. Somehow it is bitter. I do love it as a drink. Try mixing it with 8oz or more of water so it is thin like a yogurt smoothie. You can add a little extra splenda or vanilla or berry flavored sugar-free syrup too. I sometimes put mine in the blender with a few pieces of ice for a real smoothie texture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
I don't know if this has been discussed already on this board, but I thought I would ask. I have two preschool children, we have always eaten together as a family, and now Mommy is eating completely different food (or lack there of hahaha) I have just told my daughter that I am cleaning myself from the inside out, I didn't want to talk about weight with her. We are still trying to get her up into the 5th percentile...oh to have that woe.
What have you folks told your younger children, if you have them or even just young kids a part of your lives?
Thanks!
Maybe be truthful. Tell the girls you are learning how to feed your body the right foods. They will need to learn all this so they don't have issues in the future. Granted, they don't need packets. But a diet high in veggies, healthy whole grains, good protein will never hurt them! They can eat real eggs when you eat eggs. They can have a good chicken and veg soup when you have a soup. Everyone needs veggies. Maybe there taste aren't ready yet for our stuff but you never know. My 2 year old nephew loves spinach, hummus, basil, arugula and so much more.

My sister has really bad allergies (no eggs, dairy, gluten, wheat, etc) her sons are now eating like her because she suspects similar allergies in them. She is now doing a variation on our alternative plan. Her hubby & the kids are really enjoying the foods. She doesn't need to lose a pound (lucky girl is 5'5, 122, size 4) she just wants to be healthier. She has been using this as an opportunity to teach the boys "just because we have lots of food choices and many treat options available, doesn't mean we have to eat them"

They still get pancakes and things she can't have but she is teaching them to watch portions.

I just got back from my other sisters (another lucky size 6) and she too is looking to do this program for a pancreatic cleanse. While I was there she and I and her girls (age 2 and 8) talked about food and good choices. It was amazing how much the older one caught on and made cute comments about "I shouldn't eat that. I already had .... and need to stay healthy!"

To me it seems like kids should learn about food, good choices, and how all our choices can effect health and consequences. It is a lifelong lesson and can start with simple choices and words, like you have already provided, "I am cleaning myself from the inside out."

Carla
Closed Thread