Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 08:08 PM   #436  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
very pretty!

Thanks for the face share ;-)
Wow! You are looking like that personal trainer photo you posted before! Great Job!

Ok, I changed my avatar! Not sure how long I will leave it out there, I kind of like my bluemermaid better. I just thought I would give you all a chance to put a face with the name. This picture was taken March 21, 2010. I don't think my face has changed much since then.

Last edited by BlueMermaid; 04-18-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:09 PM   #437  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

Quote:
hmmm not a problem... have you worked out before? How long has it been? Your Age?

Well off the top of my head I'd say some shoulder press,Bicep Curls, Tricep kickbacks and lateral arm raises would not hurt... just as I mentioned before, slow and controlled will get you further and keep your heart rate down for IP. ... lets see...
------------
Triceps Kickbacks

This exercise works the back of your arms. This exercise can be done a few ways. You can do both arms at the same time or one arm at a time. I preffer both at the same time. You can also do this exercise with one knee on a bench for added support.

Starting Position: Begin by bending from the hips and bring your trunk parallel to the floor. Hold one dumbbell, and keep your upper arm in-line with your body.

Form: Exhale and straighten your elbow so that your arm is completely straight. Hold briefly at the top and then slowly lower to the starting position. The position of your back is important. Keep your spine in alignment throughout.

Don't let your lower back bend and hunch over. Keep your back straight.

If you're using one dumbbell, place your opposite hand on your hip for support.
----------
Bicep Curls

This exercise works the front of the arms.

Starting Position: Stand or sit facing forwards. Hold the dumbbells in your hands with your palms facing forwards.

Form: Exhale and bend your elbows, curling the weight up towards your shoulders. Hold briefly at the top and then slowly lower to the starting position.

Keep you posture in good alignment throughout and prevent your back from arching. Keep your elbows/upper arms by your trunk at all times, as if you were strapped.
Move slowly and in a controlled way; don't let momentum take over.
Use the full range of motion to get the most muscle work.
----------------------
Shoulder press: Hold a weight in each hand (start with the lower ones and then gradually progress) draw your bellybutton in to your spine. Raise the weights up next to your ears with your palms facing forward. Slowly and with control push the weights up until your elbows are almost fully extended. Lower the weights back down next to your ears. make sure your upper arms are always straight ...parallel to the floor, as if you were a T... so don't bring them lower than that.
---------------------------
Lateral Raises, also called side-arm raises or shoulder raises, work your (you guessed it) shoulders and more specifically your deltoids. It also strengthens your upper back.
Stand with your feet hip distance apart. Hold a dumbbell in each hand so your palms face in towards the sides of your body.
With control, keep your arms straight (but don't lock that elbow) and as you inhale, raise your hands up towards the ceiling. You want your palm to be facing down, and your arm to be parallel to the floor. Then as you exhale, slowly lower your hands back to your body. You should be able to see your hand in your peripheral vision.

-------------------------

NOTE: when doing all these make sure you are tightening your abs and spine is straight, engage that core!
Thank you so very much. How many times a week should I do them and how many reps each and sets?
Old 04-18-2010, 08:16 PM   #438  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Okay, so I just got back from a trip to Kohl's to buy some slacks for work, since most of the 10s in my closet are wool, and nothing larger fits anymore. I walked around the store throwing size 10s into the cart until I had like a dozen pair, hoping to find a few that actually looked okay. I hung them all up in the fitting room, and started trying them on... but not a single pair fit.

They were all TOO BIG!

I was shocked. What a great problem to have! I made another pass through the store and threw in a bunch of size 8s, which mostly fit fine, though a couple were actually kind of loose.

What I hadn't taken into account is that styles have changed in the past few years... the waistbands in my closet were snug, but the mid- and low-rise slacks at the store eliminated that problem completely.

Anyway, I ended up buying just three pair marked down, since I have no clue where I'll be when the last 9 pounds come off...

Nice.
So I HAVE to say it again. Hope to have Novak's experience!!!!!

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 04-18-2010 at 08:17 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:35 PM   #439  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Blue Mermaid- thanks for the info regarding my Lindora hot chocolate question. This is good news. I swear it tastes like Swiss Miss or better. And it is a change, which I really need at week 10 and beyond.
My Lindora recommendations are vanilla box drinks, hot chocolate, tomato soup (but it does have aspertame) and a few different bars.. the oatmeal raisin, honey nut & oat, caramel delight, oatmeal cinammon and caramel nut.
I have about a bar a week-- except for the night I decided to cheat and ate 3 bars-- 5 total IPs for the day... better than cheating with junk food ok???
Try the hot chocolate. I can diet a very long time with choices like it. For me, the sweet freak, the IP/Lindora foods we have make this diet so much easier than any other I have ever been on.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 04-18-2010 at 08:37 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:41 PM   #440  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Blue Mermaid- thanks for the info regarding my Lindora hot chocolate question. This is good news. I swear it tastes like Swiss Miss or better. And it is a change, which I really need at week 10 and beyond.
My Lindora recommendations are vanilla box drinks, hot chocolate, tomato soup (but it does have aspertame) and a few different bars.. the oatmeal raisin, honey nut & oat, caramel delight, oatmeal cinammon and caramel nut.
I have about a bar a week-- except for the night I decided to cheat and ate 3 bars-- 5 total IPs for the day... better than cheating with junk food ok???
Try the hot chocolate. I can diet a very long time with choices like it. For me, the sweet freak, the IP/Lindora foods we have make this diet so much easier than any other I have ever been on.
Tricia, don't beat yourself up too bad about having 3 bars in one night. I have done that myself a time or two when the pms monster takes over my brain.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:41 PM   #441  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Hey Everyone!

Just stopping in for awhile. I added a face pic as my avatar. It isn't my most recent, it is me at about 220 pounds or so. I just wanted to add a pic and then when I add any updates, when they are taken, You'll all be able to see a change.

So, I have been cookbook shopping!! I am so bad about that! But, I just got 2 really good low carb cookbooks, a gluten free cookbook and an allergies cookbook. I also have a fairly new book for diabetic cooking. I hope I won't be overloading people as I post fun recipes I find that are IP ok! Any requests??

The one book has some great summer salad ideas and homemade dressings. ALSO, some ideas for making our own soups and stocks. I know the IP ones can be a little thick at times.

I also found two good mayo recipes. One uses just oil, no eggs. The other uses eggs both are sugar free. I figure if I make it with my omega oil/olive oil and use it sparingly, it should be ok. I plan to use it to make lettuce rollup sandwiches this week!

I will post to the recipes forum and here to let anyone who's interested know there is something new!

Carla
Mayo recipe please with no eggs. I am allergic to egg whites. And I really miss mayo. Thanks Carla!
Old 04-18-2010, 08:51 PM   #442  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0617 View Post
Thank you so very much. How many times a week should I do them and how many reps each and sets?
you need to rest your muscles at least 24 to 48 hours after working them out... what happens when you do weights is you are actually tearing the muscle (sounds bad but bare with me) so you need to let them regenerate... lots of magnesium and water will help too.

The reps will be determined by your body, do them slowly and until you honestly can't any more...then rest for a minute and do the next set again
Old 04-18-2010, 08:53 PM   #443  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
Wow! You are looking like that personal trainer photo you posted before! Great Job!

Ok, I changed my avatar! Not sure how long I will leave it out there, I kind of like my bluemermaid better. I just thought I would give you all a chance to put a face with the name. This picture was taken March 21, 2010. I don't think my face has changed much since then.
hahaha thanks... I honestly have like 20 to 30lbs to go till I get to that size from before but I'm working on it ;-)
Old 04-18-2010, 09:08 PM   #444  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Guess What?????? I saw the 170's this morning 178 to be exact! I also wore a new outfit to church. Well it wasn't new I just haven't been able to wear it for 4 years. It felt great, looked great and people are definetely noticing. My sister in law said I am inspiring her!
Old 04-18-2010, 09:37 PM   #445  

Quote:
hahaha thanks... I honestly have like 20 to 30lbs to go till I get to that size from before but I'm working on it ;-)
Okay, I got the BOSU ball. I did the bridge exercise, 3 sets of 15. I even tried it with the ball side down. That was much more challenging. It came with 4 different workout dvd's. Can I do the bridge exercise everyday or should I skip a day? Thanks again for the suggestion!

Last edited by BlueMermaid; 04-18-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:46 PM   #446  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Mayo recipe please with no eggs. I am allergic to egg whites. And I really miss mayo. Thanks Carla!
Have you tried WF mayo? It looks wierd, but its not bad. I put it in tunafish with dill relish and pickle juice to thin it out and it tastes like real mayo (of course its been so long since I had real mayo, I could be wrong).
Old 04-18-2010, 10:36 PM   #447  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
Okay, I got the BOSU ball. I did the bridge exercise, 3 sets of 15. I even tried it with the ball side down. That was much more challenging. It came with 4 different workout dvd's. Can I do the bridge exercise everyday or should I skip a day? Thanks again for the suggestion!
did you notice the difference between pushing through the balls of the feet (tilting bosu towards floor toe side) and heels(bosu towards butt)?

I'd say rest a day or two in between. Of those I did about 30 straight...slowly. Just do them until it is really hard to do more... make sure you rest 24 to 48 hours
Old 04-18-2010, 10:38 PM   #448  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Height: 5'3"

carlasherea,

I just noticed that we've lost the same amount and have almost the same amount left to lose! I would love for us to keep tabs on each other - a little friendly competition (only the motivating kind!) Congratulations on getting into the 170s!!! I know that felt soooo good for me.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:08 PM   #449  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

WyoSun, welcome back!! I missed you!! Awesome job while traveling
Old 04-18-2010, 11:11 PM   #450  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Guess What?????? I saw the 170's this morning 178 to be exact! I also wore a new outfit to church. Well it wasn't new I just haven't been able to wear it for 4 years. It felt great, looked great and people are definetely noticing. My sister in law said I am inspiring her!
WOO HOO!!! Way to go!
Closed Thread