Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #406  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Had my weigh in this morning and I am down 3lbs and 1.75 inches this week! Getting closer to a healthy BMI and a weight that I am comfortable with. Plus I am only 2lbs away from weighing less than my hubby!

Thank for all the advice on going on vacation while staying on the protocol! I'm not sure what I will decide to do but I will definitely bring plenty of protein powder and stick to protein and veggies and no alcohol while on vacation and hopefully stay in ketosis - I really don't want to relive those first few days! We'll see I can't wait - I leave for Seattle on Friday!
Old 04-18-2010, 11:37 AM   #407  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Traveling so I don't have my usual vanilla boxes to drink.
Had Lindora hot chocolate for breakfast. It was so good I just know someone here will tell me why I shouldn't have had it. 90 calories, 1.5g fat, 5 carbs and 15 protein. No aspertame. Don't know what the bar numbers are. All my papers are at home. Was this like having one?
Old 04-18-2010, 12:14 PM   #408  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Traveling so I don't have my usual vanilla boxes to drink.
Had Lindora hot chocolate for breakfast. It was so good I just know someone here will tell me why I shouldn't have had it. 90 calories, 1.5g fat, 5 carbs and 15 protein. No aspertame. Don't know what the bar numbers are. All my papers are at home. Was this like having one?
Tricia, I think you made a great choice. The bars have 15-18 carbs in them. The IP cereal has 7 and it is not considered a restricted.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:20 PM   #409  

Default Welcome Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
I'm home from vacation, had a wonderful time. Stepped on the scale this morning and looks like I've got more work to do. But...seeing all the grossly overweight people in Vegas makes me more determined than ever to be the most healthy person I can be. So...time to strap on my tennis shoes and go for a walk. Strict Phase 1 started this morning.
I hope you had a wonderful time in Vegas and enjoyed some wonderful food! I would not put too much serious thought in your weight this morning, some of that is going to be water. Wait until tomorrow or the next day after you have cut the carbs out and see that the scale will drop.

It does amaze me to go to Vegas or even a hometown restaurant and see how many people struggle with their weight. If they only knew our secret!! Don't you just want to go up and tell them? I especially worry for the young girls I see when I go to the mall. Where are they headed?

Welcome back, get right back on plan and you will do great!
Old 04-18-2010, 12:25 PM   #410  

Default Have a great vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
Had my weigh in this morning and I am down 3lbs and 1.75 inches this week! Getting closer to a healthy BMI and a weight that I am comfortable with. Plus I am only 2lbs away from weighing less than my hubby!

Thank for all the advice on going on vacation while staying on the protocol! I'm not sure what I will decide to do but I will definitely bring plenty of protein powder and stick to protein and veggies and no alcohol while on vacation and hopefully stay in ketosis - I really don't want to relive those first few days! We'll see I can't wait - I leave for Seattle on Friday!
Have a wonderful time. You will find it is fairly easy to stick to the plan. We went to Arizona for 5 days and we were only 3 weeks into the diet. We drank premade drinks for breakfast. We went to the grocery store and bought some veggies to eat at lunch with the crisps or a bar and dinner was usually salad, meat or fish and veggies at a restaurant. Sent the bread away every time. It was much easier for me because my hubby was also on the diet. We did not drink alcohol either. Vacation's usually involve sight seeing and that involves walking so you will be getting some good exercise as well. Don't worry and have a terrific vacation!
Old 04-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #411  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
look what I finally got!...HEHEHE
WooHoo! You earned your butterfly wings!

I have a question for you. I just went and lifted weights this morning. I go to a 24 hour fitness place. I have only been a few times since I started IP. I just have not had much energy. I took a break from the diet for the last few days and ate some carbs so I thought I would put the energy to good use. I use some free weights and mostly nautilus machines. I tried to make sure I kept my heart rate down. It tends to go up when I do the leg machines since they are much larger muscles. I try to do 2 sets of 15 on each station I do. This is with the amount of weight that it is hard to get the 15th rep out. Is this okay or should I do 3 sets of 8 with heavier weight? Or should I be doing lighter weights and more reps? That has always confused me.

Let me give you a brief history of myself. I am 45 years old. I was athletic all through high school and continued to be fairly active since. I arm wrestled for 10 years after high school so I have lifted weights on a regular basis. I am a "big boned girl" and carry my weight head to toe. I consider myself strong for my age and being a female. I am seeing my muscle definition now since I have lost 35 lbs but I feel jiggly and the aging skin does not help. And of course, you know I am not happy with my flat butt either!

As the personal trainer to our forum, what do you suggest? Thanks in advance!!!
Old 04-18-2010, 01:06 PM   #412  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Protocol for Diabetics

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Alternative Plan - Phase 1 (Add one Group choice for each meal, not including snack)

Important: Only one choice from each Group is permitted per day. All 3 Groups must be
consumed per day.

Group 1: 2 slices of toast (whole grain, pumpernickel, rye, multigrain sourdough, stone ground whole
wheat, oat bran, sprouted grain); 150g whole-wheat pasta; 150g brown rice (non-instant); 1 sweet potato
or small boiled potato; 60g oatmeal (non-instant); 150 to 200g couscous; 50g unsweetened cereal (bran,
oat, whole grain, barley); 150g cooked legumes (chick peas, lentils, green peas, kidney beans); 150g corn.

Group 2: Fresh fruit (example: 1 grapefruit, 1 apple, 2 kiwis, 150g pineapple, 1 banana, 200g
strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or raspberries). Fruit is allowed, but optional, and must not be
replaced with a food in another group.

Group 3: 1 sugar-free yogurt; 1 6-oz. glass of milk (2% M.F. or less); 30g cheese (about 20% M.F.); 120g
cottage cheese; 60g feta cheese.
You totally rock, Bev! Thanks.

And I love that you and I are pretty much in line with each other. We're doing an awesome job, don't you think?
Old 04-18-2010, 01:07 PM   #413  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocola View Post
Hey, that's funny ,I live in N New Jersey and get my IP stuff from Maryland! Doesn't the shipping stink? Not sure where you are but I found a spa in Hoboken that sells it also. I might go there this month to save on shipping!!
Hoboken! know it well I grew up in Weehawken. I now live in Morris County don't think I will be taken the trip to Hoboken maybe next time I am visiting family I will check it out thanks for the info.

Last edited by sam0617; 04-18-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:10 PM   #414  
NEW IP Dieter

S/C/G: 221/176.5/165

Height: 5 4 1/2"

Hi All-

I am not on the board much but was wondering if anyone is staying on the IP Protocol but using the Lindora bars and the EAS Carb Control Shakes? I ordered the Lindora products and the carmel nut bars are EXACTLY the same down to the bar packaging and they are MUCH CHEAPER! In this economy I am considering changing over completely to using the EAS Drinks and the Lindora Bars.

Please let me know if anyone else is doing this and if they are still losing.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday
Old 04-18-2010, 01:12 PM   #415  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
WooHoo! You earned your butterfly wings!

I have a question for you. I just went and lifted weights this morning. I go to a 24 hour fitness place. I have only been a few times since I started IP. I just have not had much energy. I took a break from the diet for the last few days and ate some carbs so I thought I would put the energy to good use. I use some free weights and mostly nautilus machines. I tried to make sure I kept my heart rate down. It tends to go up when I do the leg machines since they are much larger muscles. I try to do 2 sets of 15 on each station I do. This is with the amount of weight that it is hard to get the 15th rep out. Is this okay or should I do 3 sets of 8 with heavier weight? Or should I be doing lighter weights and more reps? That has always confused me.

Let me give you a brief history of myself. I am 45 years old. I was athletic all through high school and continued to be fairly active since. I arm wrestled for 10 years after high school so I have lifted weights on a regular basis. I am a "big boned girl" and carry my weight head to toe. I consider myself strong for my age and being a female. I am seeing my muscle definition now since I have lost 35 lbs but I feel jiggly and the aging skin does not help. And of course, you know I am not happy with my flat butt either!

As the personal trainer to our forum, what do you suggest? Thanks in advance!!!
ok, well make sure the weights you are using are heavy enough that you can honestly only do 8 to 10 reps...that's if you are trying to build muscle. If your goal is more "burning" (which would be my advice on IP...at least for now) go lower so you can do the 15 reps... but try to go slower and more controlled, you will see how it will be much more challenging.

For your legs I'd say forget the machines for now and do Good old squats or lunges...again, sloooooowwwwwllllyyyyyyyy. Make sure when you squat that your heels do not come off the ground... here is what I suggest to do since most people tend to do them all jacked up... get a chair or maybe a step with some raisers and do as if you were going to sit down (hence the butt goes back, right?) and right before you touch that come right back up. Keep you back straight and abs in while you are doing it all too... it helps tons!.

Last edited by deinekatze; 04-18-2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-18-2010, 01:12 PM   #416  
NEW IP Dieter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0617 View Post
Hoboken! I grew up in Weehawken. I now live in Morris County so Hoboken is too far for me but thanks for the info.
Hi Fellow New Jerseyians-

There is a doctor in Mercer County that sells IP Products. I don't think they ship though. Please let me know if you would like his information.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:15 PM   #417  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Band Mom View Post
Hi All-

I am not on the board much but was wondering if anyone is staying on the IP Protocol but using the Lindora bars and the EAS Carb Control Shakes? I ordered the Lindora products and the carmel nut bars are EXACTLY the same down to the bar packaging and they are MUCH CHEAPER! In this economy I am considering changing over completely to using the EAS Drinks and the Lindora Bars.

Please let me know if anyone else is doing this and if they are still losing.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday
I use some Lindora and EAS carb control shakes. I still have pudding and jello from IP. It seems comparable weight loss wise but much cheaper. If you go to the alternate IP thread, BIRMAN has done IP protocol without any IP packets and she can give you some great ideas on protein powders. I think BevS on this thread may have recently posted some alternate protein powders a few pages back.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:17 PM   #418  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
ok, well make sure the weights you are using are heavy enough that you can honestly only do 8 to 10 reps...that's if you are trying to build muscle. If your goal is more "burning" (which would be my advice on IP...at least for now) go lower so you can do the 15 reps... but try to go slower and more controlled, you will see how it will be much more challenging.

For your legs I'd say forget the machines for now and do Good old squats or lunges...again, sloooooowwwwwllllyyyyyyyy. Make sure when you squat that your heels do not come off the ground... here is what I suggest to do since most people tend to do them all jacked up... get a chair or maybe a step with some raisers and do as if you were going to sit down (hence the butt goes back, right?) and right before you touch that come right back up. Keep you back straight and abs in while you are doing it all too... it helps tons!.

Thanks for your help! I will try the squats and lunges.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:18 PM   #419  
NEW IP Dieter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
I use some Lindora and EAS carb control shakes. I still have pudding and jello from IP. It seems comparable weight loss wise but much cheaper. If you go to the alternate IP thread, BIRMAN has done IP protocol without any IP packets and she can give you some great ideas on protein powders. I think BevS on this thread may have recently posted some alternate protein powders a few pages back.
Thanks - I sort of feel bad because I really like my coach I was honest about the bars with her and told her I might have to be on my own for awhile. She was very understanding and not pushy either way. I am going to find out if I can still order some shakes and the vitamins from her.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:21 PM   #420  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
ksb001 I have noticed this too. Jeans are very very baggy but the waist still fits though it is much looser. I've decided that I was wearing pants that were basically too small when I started, so now they fit better. I have some tops/jackets that are too big and plenty that I can't fit into yet. My choices at the moment are just a few things. I bought a new silk suit for a party last weekend. HATED spending the money knowing it will be too big very soon. Need to find a good tailor but that might be as expensive as just buying new things. I can't wait to have a really smaller waist and stomach. Hope to have Novak's experience -- suddenly your waist starts shrinking.
Okay, so I just got back from a trip to Kohl's to buy some slacks for work, since most of the 10s in my closet are wool, and nothing larger fits anymore. I walked around the store throwing size 10s into the cart until I had like a dozen pair, hoping to find a few that actually looked okay. I hung them all up in the fitting room, and started trying them on... but not a single pair fit.

They were all TOO BIG!

I was shocked. What a great problem to have! I made another pass through the store and threw in a bunch of size 8s, which mostly fit fine, though a couple were actually kind of loose.

What I hadn't taken into account is that styles have changed in the past few years... the waistbands in my closet were snug, but the mid- and low-rise slacks at the store eliminated that problem completely.

Anyway, I ended up buying just three pair marked down, since I have no clue where I'll be when the last 9 pounds come off...

Nice.
Closed Thread