Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 02:42 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Okay so regarding the 20 g of carbs thing - here is what my coach said:

According to the regional director for western Canada, if you are going to count NET carbs, you should try to stay below 20 grams per day. If you are talking total carbs you should be trying to stay below 30 grams per day to stay in ketosis and continue to lose the 3 - 7 lbs per week.

**I'm not sure if I can completely agree with this personally for a couple reasons

1) I have been on bootcamp since I started IP (no restricted items and mostly select veggies) and I barely stay below 20 g of NET carbs per day....so anyone using restricted foods would never get below 20 g of net carbs. (but apparently that is why they are now saying you should only have restricted items 1 or 2 times per week no matter which item it is)

2) some carbs are required in your day to have continued brain function, how much are you willing to sacrifice to lose those extra pounds...

Anyway that is the answer I got, on average I am staying below 20 g of net carbs so I'm not that concerned with a day here or there that I might go above it.

Hope that helps!
Thanks for the info., Jordanna. I just finished my taxes, and I definitely felt the lack of carbs in my brain.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:04 PM   #32  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

lost 6 lbs. at my weigh in this morning. Needless to say, I was shocked!
Old 04-12-2010, 03:04 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Hey everyone, I lost 3.9 lbs this week for a total of 51.8 lbs in just under 3 months!! I just can't believe it
WoW!!! That is amazing!! No, correction, YOU are amazing!! Congratulations, Jordanna!!
Old 04-12-2010, 03:05 PM   #34  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
OMG I I speechless! How did you do it? AWESOME!!!!
Old 04-12-2010, 03:10 PM   #35  

Quote:

Wow fluffy that's amazing!! Congrats Gosh 6 lbs in one week this far in, you must have had a good one!
Old 04-12-2010, 03:24 PM   #36  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Quote:
STUNNED!!!! You should feel so proud. I go on Wednesday and am expecting a pretty good number also since my TOM is over, but 6 lbs????? I can only hope
Old 04-12-2010, 03:28 PM   #37  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
STUNNED!!!! You should feel so proud. I go on Wednesday and am expecting a pretty good number also since my TOM is over, but 6 lbs????? I can only hope
is that what does it? My TOM should be over by Friday too!!!! Come Off 6 lbs!!!! ;-) That would make me BEYOND happy
Old 04-12-2010, 04:15 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 176/145/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
WooHoo!! isn't that the best feeling ever?!

-Teresa
Old 04-12-2010, 05:02 PM   #39  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

1st - I've missed you all.
2nd - what's up with all the beautiful faces??? Where are those crazy avatars?
3rd - I know this comes up over and over, but before now I wasn't really tracking carbs, and I'm considering doing now. SO - What is the magic DO NOT GO OVER number of carbs per day to stay in ketosis???
Old 04-12-2010, 05:16 PM   #40  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

ok, well I'm going to be honest with y'all cause at this point I need all the support I can get. My husband left this week. We have only been married 6 mo and I guess he decided he couldn't handle the commitment of being married. I am distraught to say the least, I am totally in love with this man and my two boys have hit bottom with this news. They feel like their dad (they call him dad, he has been more of a dad than their bio dad) walked out on them and they are devastated. I am super stressed and my nerves are shot and on top of all of it am trying to stay on a diet! I am telling you all this to say, I need your prayers. For me and my two boys. And for my husband, that he comes to his senses and comes home. He leased an apt. and moved on Fri. This was out of the blue to say the least! Please pray for me
Old 04-12-2010, 05:20 PM   #41  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Quote:
ok, well I'm going to be honest with y'all cause at this point I need all the support I can get. My husband left this week. We have only been married 6 mo and I guess he decided he couldn't handle the commitment of being married. I am distraught to say the least, I am totally in love with this man and my two boys have hit bottom with this news. They feel like their dad (they call him dad, he has been more of a dad than their bio dad) walked out on them and they are devastated. I am super stressed and my nerves are shot and on top of all of it am trying to stay on a diet! I am telling you all this to say, I need your prayers. For me and my two boys. And for my husband, that he comes to his senses and comes home. He leased an apt. and moved on Fri. This was out of the blue to say the least! Please pray for me
I am so sorry to hear this news. You have my prayers and support.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:39 PM   #42  
Started IP 4/5/10

S/C/G: 239/227/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Hey everyone, I lost 3.9 lbs this week for a total of 51.8 lbs in just under 3 months!! I just can't believe it

thats awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2010, 05:42 PM   #43  
Started IP 4/5/10

S/C/G: 239/227/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I'm really sorry to hear that! You have my prayers. Stay strong!
Old 04-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #44  

Height: 5.8

Oh fluffy my thoughts are with you honey!

Jordanna great loss!
Old 04-12-2010, 06:24 PM   #45  

Quote:
Oh fluffy - I'm so sorry that your husband has done something so drastic out of the blue. I can't begin to imagine the shock you must feel. I hope it all works out in the end
Closed Thread