Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 11:40 AM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
So dissapointed . I did not loose a lb this week . Thankful I didn't gain but was hoping to hit the 170"s . I dont think Im going to make my goal of 160 before my husband comes home . First time I have not lost any weight since I started . I hope this is not a sign of whats to come . Trying to saty focused and not discouraged . A new week !
CW - I know sometimes it's dissapointing to have a small loss or no loss at all, but this diet tends to give us a distorted view on weight loss. How many other diets could you have lost the amount of weight you have in the short period of time you have? Go to the grocery store and walk up and down the isle with 6 ten pound bags of potatoes, I bet you can't do it more than once or twice and yet you used to walk around with that weight every day!

You are doing fantastic, you have had amazing results and your husband is going to be blown away by how beautiful you are, but you know what the best part of it is - he already loved you before and for that you are blessed

And - I bet you'll have a fantastic loss next week to look forward to!
Old 04-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post
<Pity Party>

Good morning, everyone. I haven't posted in a while, so I thought I'd check in.

I am 5.5 pounds away from my original goal of 180, but I'm not quite happy with how I look at my current weight...I think I still need to lose more than 5 pounds.

So as much as I hate to do it, I'm lowering my goal to 169. Looks like 2 or 3 more weeks of Phase 1 for me. I was really looking forward to moving on, but 180 isn't going to cut it. I picked that goal when I was 244. It seemed like an impossible task, and I thought "Certainly if I can get to 180, that should be fine".

I'm really pleased that I've been able to lose 58.5 pounds already, but bummed that I still need to lose 16 more. How did I ever let myself get 75 pounds overweight? Ugh!

Well at least I have a recipe for success.

</Pity Party>

You are doing so great, what's a couple more weeks on IP to have the body you wanted. Any other diet you would still have 50 pounds to lose and wondering if you would ever hit your goal, never mind passing it and realizing you want to lose a bit more....

3 weeks for your health and comfort in your own skin seems like a small price to pay
Old 04-12-2010, 11:54 AM   #18  
dad

S/C/G: 244/178/174

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
You are doing so great, what's a couple more weeks on IP to have the body you wanted. Any other diet you would still have 50 pounds to lose and wondering if you would ever hit your goal, never mind passing it and realizing you want to lose a bit more....

3 weeks for your health and comfort in your own skin seems like a small price to pay
Thanks for the perspective, Jordanna.

I need to get refocused. I've been getting complacent and have not been as strict as I need to be to get finished. I haven't had any real cheats, just a little extra shrimp at dinner, or a little bit of low fat cheese on my omelet or my salad, etc... I need 3 good clean weeks of Phase 1 eating and I should be at 90% (176.5). That's only 3 pounds per week.

Does anyone know if we get to stop taking all the supplements when we get to maintenance?

Last edited by dad; 04-12-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:58 AM   #19  

Quote:
Thanks for the perspective, Jordanna.

I need to get refocused. I've been getting complacent and have not been as strict as I need to be to get finished. I haven't had any real cheats, just a little extra shrimp at dinner, or a little bit of low fat cheese on my omelet or my salad, etc... I need 3 good clean weeks of Phase 1 eating and I should be at 90% (176.5). That's only 3 pounds per week.

Does anyone know if we get to stop taking all the supplements when we get to maintenance?
Once you're on maintenance you should be getting all the vitamins and minerals you need from your food and the extra supplements won't be necessary. They suggest you just take a multi-vitamin for normal health purposes!
Old 04-12-2010, 12:20 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LettucePray View Post
CW...how long have you been on the diet? You look fabulous!
Thank you . I have been on this program for three months and 2 days . You will do great ! Its an awesome program .
Old 04-12-2010, 12:27 PM   #21  

Quote:
CW - I know sometimes it's dissapointing to have a small loss or no loss at all, but this diet tends to give us a distorted view on weight loss. How many other diets could you have lost the amount of weight you have in the short period of time you have? Go to the grocery store and walk up and down the isle with 6 ten pound bags of potatoes, I bet you can't do it more than once or twice and yet you used to walk around with that weight every day!

You are doing fantastic, you have had amazing results and your husband is going to be blown away by how beautiful you are, but you know what the best part of it is - he already loved you before and for that you are blessed

And - I bet you'll have a fantastic loss next week to look forward to!
Jordanna your such a beautiful blessing ! Yes you are right and I need to focus on the positive and not be negative . I am very blessed with a wonderful husband who loves me no matter what . But he deserves the best and I plan on doing that for him , for me , and for my kids . I want to be healthy and do the things God has for me to do .

Thank you for your kind , encouraging words. I read your post from last week and I want you to know I am praying for you . I also have a brother who was in Jail off and on over the years . His last time he was there for almost 3 yrs . He has a drug problem which leads to other problems . I have been praying for him for years . It hurts to see someone we love make bad choices and see them hurting . I have never given up on him and know God has a plan for his life . He is out now and doing very well . I really beleive that he has made a change . I continue to pray for him and encourage him daily . Don't give up . Prayer works ! I will be praying for him and for your family during this difficult time .

Your a sweetheart and I dont kow you personaly but I am so proud of you ! You have the gift of encouragement ! Have a blessed day !
Old 04-12-2010, 12:31 PM   #22  

No I just got done with that time of the month . But its ok . I am just starting a new week hoping for better #s next time . Ive been on vacation and I didnt cheat but I also didnt measure while I was gone so maybe that has some to do with it too . Thanks for the encouragement . Your doing great .
Old 04-12-2010, 12:32 PM   #23  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Chelle - praying for a miracle for your husband. I am amazed you are able to do this diet with all your stress.
Bravo to you!

Finally hit the 30 pound mark! Wore a suit with a skirt to a party last night. Haven't worn a skirt in a very long time...
I am so in love with IP!!!
Old 04-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #24  

oh thanks CW - that's so kind of you to say

My brother too has substance abuse issues and all the problems that come with it. He's been in for a year and it looks like he has at least one more to go before he's up for parole. He seems to be doing well in there but it's such a macrocosm society that it's easy to do well without the influences of daily life and stress and money and friends...we're praying he figures it out
Old 04-12-2010, 12:50 PM   #25  

Quote:
<Pity Party>

Good morning, everyone. I haven't posted in a while, so I thought I'd check in.

I am 5.5 pounds away from my original goal of 180, but I'm not quite happy with how I look at my current weight...I think I still need to lose more than 5 pounds.

So as much as I hate to do it, I'm lowering my goal to 169. Looks like 2 or 3 more weeks of Phase 1 for me. I was really looking forward to moving on, but 180 isn't going to cut it. I picked that goal when I was 244. It seemed like an impossible task, and I thought "Certainly if I can get to 180, that should be fine".

I'm really pleased that I've been able to lose 58.5 pounds already, but bummed that I still need to lose 16 more. How did I ever let myself get 75 pounds overweight? Ugh!

Well at least I have a recipe for success.

</Pity Party>

You know what, my coach says this is something that happens ALL THE TIME. People get close to their goal, and there like..if I can go this far..whats a little more? I changed mine to 160 and I might go a little lower to be in the "healthy" BMI range im supposed to be in which is 156 for my height, be very lucky you were only 75 lbs overweight. I would trade anything if thats how much I weighed. I am 193 lbs overweight haha and I was only 18! Thats like 1 overweight person right there. Don't be bummed your doing great and its not that many more pounds to go!
Old 04-12-2010, 01:01 PM   #26  

Hey everyone, I lost 3.9 lbs this week for a total of 51.8 lbs in just under 3 months!! I just can't believe it
Old 04-12-2010, 01:07 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Hey everyone, I lost 3.9 lbs this week for a total of 51.8 lbs in just under 3 months!! I just can't believe it
WOW that is fantastic Jordanna !!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2010, 01:12 PM   #28  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Quote:

:brav o:

That is soooo incredible Jordanna. Great job. I love going and looking at your before and after pictures sometimes. I wish I would have documented mine that way. My coach took pictures so we'll go with hers!! Keep up the good work.

I work at an elementary school and today as I was walking back to my office one of the 3rd graders said "Whoa, Mrs. Harmon you are losing weight!" I wanted to kiss him Out of the mouth of babes! Adults won't say anything, but this little honest 3rd grade boy wasn't scared. I should give him extra recesses or something

Last edited by carlasherea; 04-12-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:13 PM   #29  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
My Goodness! So Impressed! I need to be more strict cause look at you! I need to catch up to your speed!

MANY CONGRATS TO YOU!!!!

Such a wonderful job!

YEY!

Go Jordanna go!
Old 04-12-2010, 01:42 PM   #30  

ChelleFL- I am so sorry and am sending you a big hug and strength. We all do the best we can with our circumstances. Take care of yourself and your family.

Carla- What a good NSV! We are so close in our time on the program and our losses. I'm rooting for you!

LettucePray- I agree with BevS that weight fluctuates throughout the week. I usually stay the same for a few days and then drop a couple lbs. Sometimes I go up too before I drop down. All due to water weight, salt intake, and if you have deviated at all. Some of us use FitDay to track our carb and other intake as it is really easy to eat too much carbs that will stall or slow your losses. Hang in there. Follow the program and it will work!

Deinekatze- So true that we are what we think we are. Where go our minds and thoughts - we go. Wish I could have heard the speaker.

Dad- You have unbelievable resolve to attain your goal. You can do this!

Jordanna- Congrats! You are such an inspiration. When you started did you ever think you could lose so much?

Congrats to all of you working so hard and doing so well!
Closed Thread