Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 07:16 PM   #106  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Hey what do you know, just for the heck of it I went and tried some jeans on today.... OMG I squeezed into a size 8! yes, squeezed, but I would not have been able to do that before! I got the 10s that are fine (no muffin tops at all) but the 8s closed easily and all! WOO HOO!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 07:28 PM   #107  

Weigh in today...down 3 more lbs.

March was a tough month for me, slips here and there too often. I have vowed that April will be better and I am now on day 7 perfectly on plan. It feels so good! Why did I make those choices?

Anyway, hope everyone has a good evening.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #108  

Height: 5.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
Hey what do you know, just for the heck of it I went and tried some jeans on today.... OMG I squeezed into a size 8! yes, squeezed, but I would not have been able to do that before! I got the 10s that are fine (no muffin tops at all) but the 8s closed easily and all! WOO HOO!!!
woohoo! Awesome!
Old 04-13-2010, 07:55 PM   #109  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
I guess some people are more sensitive to Aspertame than others. I drink 1 diet pepsi everyday and it has not affected my weight loss at all. I weighed on my scale this morning and was 181. That is 24 lbs in 5 weeks. I tried to give it up completely and did for a while but figure 1 isn't so bad.
I drink a diet pepsi every few days and it hasnt affected me either. Though I have been drinking diet pepsi since high school so I think Im very used to the aspertame.

Carla I love your new profile pic and congrats on the loss!
Old 04-13-2010, 07:57 PM   #110  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
Hi Jordanna,

I always make 4 jello's at a time. My hubby and I both have it for our nighttime snack. It keeps just fine in the fridge for a few days.
I make mine the night before my lunch the next day and it always turns out fine for me.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:00 PM   #111  

So I have decided to celebrate my 40 pounds gone and start training to run the 5k in the National Capital race weekend May 29. My mom who has lost 30 pounds doing WW and I are going to run it together to celebrate what we have accomplished and to start our new healthy lives. Three of the 7 of my bridesmaids are going to be running with us as well so Im really excited. I love my new life and it is just the beginning.

We did my measurments today and I am 31 and 3/4 inches gone in 6 weeks and Im now into a size 16 ( i started out at a size 24). I am never going back to my old way of life. This feels too amazing.

Have a great evening everyone!
Old 04-13-2010, 08:43 PM   #112  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresad View Post
Awesome guys! just on day two for me and getting the 'anxiousness' of withdrawals.... just need to get through the next couple of days to get these toxins and glycogen from my system...

-Teresa
hang in there! it will be worth it!
Old 04-13-2010, 08:46 PM   #113  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
that's incredible! I'm so proud for you. pretty soon they will slide right on!
Old 04-13-2010, 08:48 PM   #114  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

hehehe, they did slide on...but the muffin top was not cute....LOL to other's standards I guess it would have been ok, I don't like it LOL... I finally got the Ketostix today... as I thought, not in Ketosis...hopefully tomorrow!
Old 04-13-2010, 08:53 PM   #115  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I posted this the other day - because I had a question about net carbs so I asked my coach and she asked the Western Canadian regional director at her training and he said that we should stay under 20 g of NET carbs in order to ensure ketosis.
Ok now I am confused. My coach said carbs should not go over 30 and I am almost positive I have read the same. Is maybe keeping the carbs at 20 the bootcamp version? This is freakin me out!
Old 04-13-2010, 09:16 PM   #116  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0617 View Post
Ok now I am confused. My coach said carbs should not go over 30 and I am almost positive I have read the same. Is maybe keeping the carbs at 20 the bootcamp version? This is freakin me out!
UGH - I know!! This is what I posted the other day:

Okay so regarding the 20 g of carbs thing - here is what my coach said:

According to the regional director for western Canada, if you are going to count NET carbs, you should try to stay below 20 grams per day. If you are talking total carbs you should be trying to stay below 30 grams per day to stay in ketosis and continue to lose the 3 - 7 lbs per week.

**I'm not sure if I can completely agree with this personally for a couple reasons

1) I have been on bootcamp since I started IP (no restricted items and mostly select veggies) and I barely stay below 20 g of NET carbs per day....so anyone using restricted foods would never get below 20 g of net carbs. (but apparently that is why they are now saying you should only have restricted items 1 or 2 times per week no matter which item it is)

2) some carbs are required in your day to have continued brain function, how much are you willing to sacrifice to lose those extra pounds...

Anyway that is the answer I got, on average I am staying below 20 g of net carbs so I'm not that concerned with a day here or there that I might go above it.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by jordanna; 04-13-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:18 PM   #117  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresad View Post
Awesome guys! just on day two for me and getting the 'anxiousness' of withdrawals.... just need to get through the next couple of days to get these toxins and glycogen from my system...

-Teresa
Teresa, what a lovely picture for your avatar. Hang in there, once you get past the first few weeks it will be much easier.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:30 PM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
UGH - I know!! This is what I posted the other day:

Okay so regarding the 20 g of carbs thing - here is what my coach said:

According to the regional director for western Canada, if you are going to count NET carbs, you should try to stay below 20 grams per day. If you are talking total carbs you should be trying to stay below 30 grams per day to stay in ketosis and continue to lose the 3 - 7 lbs per week.

**I'm not sure if I can completely agree with this personally for a couple reasons

1) I have been on bootcamp since I started IP (no restricted items and mostly select veggies) and I barely stay below 20 g of NET carbs per day....so anyone using restricted foods would never get below 20 g of net carbs. (but apparently that is why they are now saying you should only have restricted items 1 or 2 times per week no matter which item it is)

2) some carbs are required in your day to have continued brain function, how much are you willing to sacrifice to lose those extra pounds...

Anyway that is the answer I got, on average I am staying below 20 g of net carbs so I'm not that concerned with a day here or there that I might go above it.

Hope that helps!

I think some people can maintain ketosis at 40 carbs. However, I am not one of those people. I think if any of you are really worried about counting your carbs you should do the fitday.com and get some ketostix. I am going to have to go back and look at Dr. Tran's book and see if he recommends less than 20 carbs. The Ideal Protein plan is designed that if you follow the phase 1 sheet you should lose weight without counting carbs. If you add restricted vegetables and restricted proteins you will slow your weight loss a little. I still eat the restricteds because I cannot get my mental state in the right place to not eat them. I don't mind a slower weight loss as long as I am still losing. I think it is giving my skin a chance to catch up. I have been dieting my whole adult life off and on and doing IP since January 13th. It has been the easiest diet to stick to but can still get discouraging if you are not seeing the 3-5 pounds they advertise. I think we are all different and will lose at different rates. Hang in there and be patient. The diet will work if you let it. Don't get discouraged with slower losses or plateaus. Be HAPPY the scale is moving down.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:02 PM   #119  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
the weird thing is, he has been incredibly supportive during my diet. This was very "all of a sudden". We had an appt. yesterday for counseling and we were sitting there waiting on the counselor and he said that he had to go to the bathroom. He got up and I haven't seen him since. So, yes, I believe counseling would help, but he chose not to stay for some reason.
Sounds like he has things to sort out for himself. Maybe he needs some individual counseling first. Men are so strange, in general. I have seen it before, they are supportive, but are secretly insecure and think that they will no longer be attractive when their spouse makes changes for the better. Just a thought. Hang in there. Hopefully he will realize how importent you and your boys are to him, and work thru everything.

Good luck and I'm praying for all of you.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:54 PM   #120  
NewYearNewMe

S/C/G: 200/180/155

Height: 5"5

hey everyone,
have a question. i started february 5th and the last 2 weeks have been horrible. i have never food cheated, at 6 weeks there was ice bowling so i let down my guard and had a few drinks (light beer) and that's it. i've still maintained the 3 lb/wk average but things are going slower. i've been STARVING lately and i don't know what's up??!! i am in ketosis and eat all the food i'm allowed. i started making meringue w/ egg whites a splenda and some sort of extract.. i'm just trying to fill my stomach and don't know what else to do. i had the privilage of going to an IP seminar in texas this past weekend and learned a lot (when i have more time i'll post some stuff that's been asked and how the regionals answered them) but basically was told if you're hungry, you cheat. anyone else going through this??
Closed Thread