Old 04-11-2010, 03:14 PM   #1  

Default Hi there IP newbie here well almost

I've been doing some research on this diet and its mostly all positive so I thought about giving it a go...
I'll probably start in a week or two.
I was wondering which foods are the most favorable and which ones are gross lol? I know its all subjective, but since I get to choose I might as well learn from you all from day one..
Thanks for any help and direction as I have about 40 lbs to lose and being 60 years old it ain't easy...
Kobies Mom
Kobies Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:34 PM   #2  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi,
I'm not sure about the IP diet you plan to do, so I can't help you there. But just thought I'd tell you that I'm 60 years young and losing weight can be done at any age. I've lost 20 pounds since June 09 and kept them off through two foot surgeries and a lot of life stress (death in family, serious injury of son, husband in hospital, etc.). Now I am working on the second 20 pounds I would like to lose. It takes a lot of "inner work" to lose weight but it can be done and the results are so worth it. You will get tons of great advice and encouragement on 3FC so check in here often.
Good luck!
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:00 PM   #3  

Default Thanks so much

I actually thought I was in the IP group...lol
Thanks for the reply and yes I can do this !
Congrats on your loss...us youngsters can do this...
Kobies Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 02:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/174/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobies Mom View Post
I actually thought I was in the IP group...lol
Thanks for the reply and yes I can do this !
Congrats on your loss...us youngsters can do this...
Hi Kobies Mom, Yes, you are in the IP thread! Did you start the diet? Your question about favorite IP products is good and I'm not sure why people didn't answer.

The doctor's office that administers my IP program sold me a 'starter's kit' which had a lot of different products. It was a good way to identify what I liked and what I didn't. The chocolate drink mix, veggie chili, chicken noodle soup, and blueberry/cranberry drink mix are my favorites.

If you check the thread entitled 'What are you eating today' (or something to that affect) it's another great place to see what people like.

I would also encourage you to check out the IP Age 50+ thread. It's been a quiet thread recently but people will respond if you post! Also, join the April '15 thread where there is a lot of activity.

I am a March starter and post there. But I read the Feb Starter's thread as it is active and I get a lot of info from them. It also helps me stay focused on the diet and stick with it.

Hope all is going well. Losing weight when menopausal may be difficult but it can be done! We just have to accept our circumstances and deal with it, right?

Good luck to you!!
SusieCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 03:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 176/157.6/145

Height: 5'7

Hi, I found the RTD (ready to drink) shakes the best, I blend with ice, spinach or kale and a piece of cucumber, I also use my bars for breakfast, when I do use the soups I add my veggies cooked to it, but I find the pasta tastes like cardboard. If you do not like anything in the starter pack my clinic allows me to trade in. The snacks are a taste preference most are good, I prefer the crisps or the apple cinnamon soy the best. Good Luck!
eatingless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:44 PM   #6  
Started IP Jan 5/15

S/C/G: 210/206/165

Height: 5'7"

I love the pancakes I save it for my Saturday and Sunday breakfast
Arobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:49 PM   #7  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

I like the chicken soup, rotini pasta, pre-made puddings, maple oatmeal and bbq crisps.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:52 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 2"

I'm on day 4 so I haven't tried very many yet, but so far I've trie the bbq crisps, cookie dough bar, and the chocolate drink mix. All are goid, but my favorite so far has been the ready made vanilla drink with 2 shots of espresso. My coach actually suggested it to me. You get two shots of espresso in a 20oz cup over ice and pour in the drink. Delish!! She also told me I could do 2 tbs ready made vanilla drink in my hot coffee in the morning. It's not amazing, but it's way better than an ounce of skim milk.
Oh, I've also tried the herb and cheese omelette and the wild berry yogurt drink mix. Both of those were good too. A friend of mine tried the lemonade drink mix and said it was nasty.
TaraR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:57 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 176/157.6/145

Height: 5'7

Agirl from my work just started the IP last week and it really comes down to personal choice as the foods she and I like are completely different! Trial and error.
eatingless is offline   Reply With Quote