Old 04-26-2010, 10:02 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 177/174.4/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenbee15 View Post
EmmasMommy- Can you tell me what products you get from EAS and Lindora? I am looking at these options for my husband due to the cost of IP. I was curious as to which products you get from each site...Thanks in advance
I'm not following the IP diet anymore - I needed "normal" food in my life and am following a different plan now. My favorite Lindora products were the bars (although they were restricted), the mocha drink mix and the mint hot chocolate. The EAS shake I LOOOOOVE and still drink is the EAS AdvantEDGE carb control shake in the milk chocolate. It has less carbs than the dark chocolate.

Hope this helps!
EmmasMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:24 AM   #122  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Default Over 100 lbs lost!!!!!

Well I finally did it!! Officially today, I have lost 103lbs. May they stay gone FOREVER! I still have a long way to go, but have officially passed the half way point of this weight loss journey. I am super excited and don't feel like anything can stop me from continuing this plan and reaching and maintaining my goal weight.

Thanks to all for your support. I could not have done it without you!!!

Last edited by Mirazon; 04-27-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Mirazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:42 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Talking Amazing!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirazon View Post
Well I finally did it!! Officially today, I have lost 103lbs. May the stay gone FOREVER! I still have a long way to go, but have officially passed the half way point of this weight loss journey. I am super excited and don't feel like anything can stop me from continuing this plan and reaching and maintaining my goal weight.

ONE HUNDRED POUNDS CALLS FOR A PAR-TEEE!! WOO-HOO!!! WAY TO GO!!! WELL DONE!!!! YOU ROCK!!

Last edited by motiv8edmama; 04-27-2010 at 12:43 AM.
motiv8edmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:39 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 210/210/180

Quote:
Well I finally did it!! Officially today, I have lost 103lbs. May they stay gone FOREVER! I still have a long way to go, but have officially passed the half way point of this weight loss journey. I am super excited and don't feel like anything can stop me from continuing this plan and reaching and maintaining my goal weight.

WOW! What an accomplishment! I know it has been a hard road and you have endured!!!!CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I can't wait for you to post some pics so we can see the 'new' you!
wuc1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:34 AM   #125  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Quote:

WAY TO GO!!!!
mepeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:06 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 186.5/150.2/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

CONGRATULATIONS MIRAZON!!!!!!!!!

You should be very very proud of yourself!!!!! I know that I am proud of you....you have set a goal for yourself and are sticking to it!!!! You know that you can do this and you know that you can keep at it till you get to where you want to be!!!!!

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:15 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrab View Post
I think i would like to join this challenge as well! have a few hiccups in the time frame, as usual. but it may be what i need to keep going as well. we are headed to montreal to see the habs next week and then out to the dominican for a wedding on april 11th....so that week will be a complete mess. either way i want to be sure to stay smart when we return, and a friendly little competition may be just what i need. i have slowly, ever so slowly, crept out of the 180's , somehow got thru the 170's and am now stuck at 165-167 depending what day of the week it is, it seems. and i have been doing this on my own. i have not been going to see my coach, because i no longer feel i need the added pressure to lose weight every single week like i did initially on the diet. what i want to see is a few "extra selections" and MAINTENANCE.....if i go down slowly, that is niether here nor there to me nowadays. because i am not spending the same $ on the products as i once was. i am totally doing my own thing with IP now, and decide if and when i need the packets. still not eating carbs, but am enjoying more of the restricted veggies, had the odd juice, certainly drink diet pop on occasion as well. it kind of bothered me that when i went to purchase products, i felt the third degree about making an appt. i declined. last 2 times i went, my coach was not there, and i had this girl who could not even reset the scale....but i got the impression that if i was not doing it "their way" that they preferred me not to buy the products. little too much for me, being that i dropped at least a few thousand in their business on IP alone. so i bought a months supply, that will last much longer as i never use 3 packets a day anymore. and by the end of that, hopefully no more is needed. so yes lilita, when i come back i am going to try and participate in your challenge. great idea!

I am also doing the same thing as you. I got tired of eating the same foods every week. So I usually eat one IP package a day and sometimes 2. I am glad Im not the only one doing this. I am still losing weight. Ive lost 20 lbs in the past 4 weeks. How are you losing so far?
jattorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #128  

Quote:

Mirazon....SO EXCITING FOR YOU!!!
spatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:44 PM   #129  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Default Thanks

Thanks for the wonderful comments. That's what I love about this board...everyone is so positive and supportive. I truly mean it when I say I couldn't have done it without you!

I don't have any pictures because I constantly flee cameras . I'm now actually hoping someone snuck a picture of me last year sometime, so I can compare what I looked like then to now. Eventhough I'm not using only IP products any longer, I'm thankful to my coach and the program for starting me on my way!
Mirazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:16 PM   #130  

HELP!! IDEAL PROTEIN WILL COST ABOUT $2000 for 90 days of Phase 1, then I'll have to continue purchasing for Phase 2, and I do not want to have to rely on purchasing such $$$$ product for an extended period of time. $$$$ is tight!! I know all of you can relate; I'm not complaining--just making a plea for some help with some questions I have.

Many of you have mentioned the Lindora products as a less expensive alternative to IP. How about others like the PREMIER NUTRITION PROTEIN High Protein Chocolate Shake from Costco? It costs only about $1.19 per 11 oz. pre-mixed shake, has 30 grams of protein, 3 grams of fat, 5 grams of carbs (2 of these are dietary fiber) and it tastes like chocolate milk. I know the fat grams are a li'l higher than the 1 or 2 you might find in an IP item, but there is no aspartame (Equal)--it's sweetened with sucralose (Splenda) just like the IP products....so wouldn't this also be an acceptable alternative?

Also, for those of you have substituted some IP products with the EAS AdvantEDGE pre-mixed shakes in chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry, how have those worked out for you? I see they have 17 grams of protein, only 1-3 carbs, 3 grams of fat, 0 sugars and no aspartame (Equal)--sweetened with sucralose (Splenda) like the IP products.

I'm just reading here about how I might use eggs in place of the IP egg product and some of these other shakes in lieu of the IP shakes / puddings.

Also, PURE PROTEIN and MET RX make a couple different powdered protein mixes that are high protein (27 g), very low carb and no sugars. Could these not be substituted for an IP packet from time to time?

I only ask b/c this IP program is not affordable for me right now. I also see the IP packets do not have any vitamins and nutrients added which is probably why they taste so good rather than "chalky." It may also be why we have to purchase the necessary supplements like Cal-Mag, etc.

Believe me, I'd love to go full force into IP but am very limited in my budget. Please, anyone, someone, everyone, let me know what you think of some of these substitutions. The key is to get substantial intake of vitamins, nutrients, salt, potassium, and other electrolytes while staying low carb (less than 40 or so) so my body will kick into ketosis, correct?? So, if I can manage the fat, carb, calories, sugars, in the products while sticking with the restricted veggie list, would this work?
chimpchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:48 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
HELP!! IDEAL PROTEIN WILL COST ABOUT $2000 for 90 days of Phase 1, then I'll have to continue purchasing for Phase 2, and I do not want to have to rely on purchasing such $$$$ product for an extended period of time. $$$$ is tight!! I know all of you can relate; I'm not complaining--just making a plea for some help with some questions I have.

Many of you have mentioned the Lindora products as a less expensive alternative to IP. How about others like the PREMIER NUTRITION PROTEIN High Protein Chocolate Shake from Costco? It costs only about $1.19 per 11 oz. pre-mixed shake, has 30 grams of protein, 3 grams of fat, 5 grams of carbs (2 of these are dietary fiber) and it tastes like chocolate milk. I know the fat grams are a li'l higher than the 1 or 2 you might find in an IP item, but there is no aspartame (Equal)--it's sweetened with sucralose (Splenda) just like the IP products....so wouldn't this also be an acceptable alternative?

Also, for those of you have substituted some IP products with the EAS AdvantEDGE pre-mixed shakes in chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry, how have those worked out for you? I see they have 17 grams of protein, only 1-3 carbs, 3 grams of fat, 0 sugars and no aspartame (Equal)--sweetened with sucralose (Splenda) like the IP products.

I'm just reading here about how I might use eggs in place of the IP egg product and some of these other shakes in lieu of the IP shakes / puddings.

Also, PURE PROTEIN and MET RX make a couple different powdered protein mixes that are high protein (27 g), very low carb and no sugars. Could these not be substituted for an IP packet from time to time?

I only ask b/c this IP program is not affordable for me right now. I also see the IP packets do not have any vitamins and nutrients added which is probably why they taste so good rather than "chalky." It may also be why we have to purchase the necessary supplements like Cal-Mag, etc.

Believe me, I'd love to go full force into IP but am very limited in my budget. Please, anyone, someone, everyone, let me know what you think of some of these substitutions. The key is to get substantial intake of vitamins, nutrients, salt, potassium, and other electrolytes while staying low carb (less than 40 or so) so my body will kick into ketosis, correct?? So, if I can manage the fat, carb, calories, sugars, in the products while sticking with the restricted veggie list, would this work?
I do use the EAS shakes and love them. I have said before, I do loose slower than some but I do muscle building a few times a week and on those day add fruit to my diet becuase I was told to do so by my personal trainer. I loose about two pounds a week, sometimes a little less but am happy with that. Any other diet I would be lucky to loose that in a month, so I'll take it. Also, there is a sticky thread that is titled IP Alternative foods and tips you might check out, it is very informative. Good luck to you!!
Also, if you look at the regular IP thread and see BevS, click on her picture and it will take you to her profile, click on the spot that says show all posts by this user and you can go through them and read about her experience with Lindora, I think she has done great and she also posts sales, there is a current sale ending tomorrow.
motiv8edmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:44 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 210/210/180

okay...what's the deal? I lost 4 pounds in about 3 days and almost a week later I have not lost another ounce! I am following exactly....at least I think I am.....my typical day is: Breakfast: shake, Lunch: lettuce, cucs, oil, vinegar and a shake, Snack: bar, Dinner: meat, lettuce.....that is all I am eating and I have not cheated one time! I am starving....when does the weight start of fall off again???????
wuc1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:54 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

OMG....I just popped in to see what everyone was doing...and see that Mirazon lost her 100#!!! I am so proud of you!!! Will send you a PM in a bit....

OK -- better catch everyone up. My trip was very nice....but I would do it very differently next time. I would rent a car (driving on the left scared me)...Both of my condos were up big hills that the taxis wouldn't take me to or pick me up. The first condo was closer to town....so I did walk there...the 2nd one was TOO far. Decided I really didn't like traveling alone...was really lonely except when I got to spend time with my cousin or my 2nd landlady.

OK -- the trial is over!!! Two and a half years of ****!!! We settled the day before the trial. Nope, not for what I asked for....but enough to make them sweat! I am still in shock....this trial has been on my mind every stupid day....every stupid hour.....for over 2 years. I can now put my files away...but I have been SO in shock, that I haven't done a darn thing. My son says my hubby must be proud for hanging in there so long. Was it worth what it did to my mind and body....absolutely not!

OK -- I just can't make myself go on IP...I gained 8# since the middle of March. I am SO bummed....I didn't eat a lot on the island (too hot...too expensive...and did a LOT of walking), but have been making some of my longtime favorites since I came home. I did buy the new Atkins book and read it. It seems so much like IP....except no packages and I could have some dairy. I am thinking that I may try to lose the 8# with this...and then maybe go back on some form of IP. Open for any suggestions here?

Right now, I think my mind is not where it should be to do much of anything...yet my bracelets are getting tight (had them shortened before) and haven't tried my skinny jeans yet. If I started induction right now...I would have to go off of it this Sunday and next Saturday because of prior commitments....what to do...what to do???

Haven't read beyond this last page of the forum.....I want to catch up but don't know when...!!

Miss you all.....will try to check in more often. Birman....(are you still here?)....what did you think of the New Atkins???
torchlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #134  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Torchlaker: glad you are back! I missed reading your posts!
SylvieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:14 PM   #135  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Tarchlaker: Great to hear from you again. missed you
mepeterson is offline   Reply With Quote