Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 09:09 PM   #61  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerMomof3 View Post
Hello, All. I went for my third week WI today and I'm only down 1.5 pounds. In the past 3 three weeks, I've only lost 2 inches altogether. Does this mean that all of weight loss (15 lbs) has been water weight? I was hoping to at least lose 2 pounds last week, and I have to admit that I'm kind of down in the dumps about it. I know I should be grateful for what I have lost, but I'm confused as to why I'm not losing the inches that so many others are. Up until now, I haven't done any exercise. Would adding exercise help me or hinder me at this point? It blows my mind that I can be so diligent with my diet and not have a bigger loss. . . am I just being a big whiner? Feel free to give me your two cents worth. . . I'm open to all thoughts and suggestions.
SoccerMom....I think you have to look at it as 5 lb. per week. I see you are 5'10". That is really tall for a woman. How much do you want to lose total? I have only lost 16 lbs. in 4 weeks. Mine was a little more spread out than yours, but still only 4 lbs. a week. I really don't want you to be discouraged. I read on here all the time about people who have a small loss or no loss one week and then a much larger one the next. My friend's daughter is that way. She might go 2 weeks with only a 1 or 2 lb. loss and then she loses 4 or 5 in one week. We are all so different in how our body handles weight loss. Please hang in there and at least give it 5 or 6 weeks to see how it goes.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:29 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Wink Crying over onions, sniff sniff!

Quote:
Someone in the last string asked if Lindor vanilla drink was the same as IP. Actually, it is New Lifestyle that has the same drink. If I'm not mistaken, Lindor's version contains Aspertame...
Hi Novak! I'm still so wowed by your vacation + diet success. Well done!
Thank you for pointing this out. I almost bought some! Whew! Saved! I'm going to make sure I don't accidentally get something that has aspertame in it. Must read all labels/ingredients.

Also thank you to MysticalMamma or whoever it was that posted the saran wrap inside the lid trick to mix the pudding! Just took advantage of that. Wow that makes a huge difference! Who knew something little could make me so happy. 1 less thing to wash - the lid. And it mixes better too! Thank you!

Hi MuayThaiGoddess - I am listening to Sinatra right now to put me in a good mood! And now I have to go back into the kitchen to chop things. But not my thumb, of course, thanks to my cut proof glove. Oh I am also drinking more tea. It helps calm me down and de-stress. I got so much done at work today and I'm going to present my findings in a presentation tomorrow. I feel mean because it's a critique of our web application design, but oh well. I'm good at it and I'm just being honest. I hope the software application designer won't be in the meeting. He might cry afterwards!

Speaking of crying, I also had a good pseudo-cry at dinner. I chopped up the largest red onion I have ever seen. Really I think it made at least 2+ whole cups of chopped onion! I actually had tears running down my face. Such a nice catharsis since I wasn't sad. Just had a good cry LOL! Good for my sinuses too. Sniff, sniff! I like joking that I'm really sad when I'm chopping onions. Cracks me up!

Well, gotta go make tea, chop veggies, and take the pup out for a nighttime constitutional! Be back in a bit. I forget if I even replied to your last posts. I am going to check into the Isopure Zero brand. Lately I like freezing my pudding a little for a treat. Wonder how I could make a pudding consistency with protein powder - would adding gelatin do it? Any ideas? Hope you had a good day! I did - I was very productive at work and when feeling down, I drank some tea. I still have some work to do (side-project) so... Off I go!

Oh in other good news, my boyfriend had his weigh in today and he lost another 5 pounds! Woot! He's lost 5 pounds each of his 3 weeks so far. He has 10-15 pounds to go (he hasn't decided yet if his goal is 160 or 155 and will see when he gets there). I'm so proud of him. He's sticking to the plan like glue. And the loss is so consistent for him!
Old 03-29-2010, 09:41 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 209/195/150

Default Glad to have found u guys!!!!

So glad i found this site!!! I live in Louisiana and my doctor started offering this diet a couple of weeks ago. I was so ready for change that I started this diet before they were offering to the public (March 31st). So this is day 22 and I'm down 14 lbs! It is a challenge being from New Orleans and the food out here is to die for! Soul and Cajun food is a classic! I learned to tweek some foods into this diet without sacrificing everything I love, thus far so far so good . Glad to meet you all and hope to talk to yall soon!!
Old 03-29-2010, 09:43 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Is Prepared yellow mustard okay? It has no calories, no carbs, no sugar. Vinegar, tumeric, mustard seed, paprika, garlic powder salt and natural flavors.

I think it should be okay.... anyone?
Kelsey - That sounds ok to me. I have been eating mustard with whole seeds in it. I've always loved mustard though. Hot Mustard is on the sheet as an allowed spice. And the phase 1 sheet also says that if you want to eat something that's not listed, it has to be 0 carb, 0 fat, and 0 sugar. Going by that, the mustard you have is fine, as long as it doesn't have any fat. The ingredient list sounds fine.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:24 PM   #65  

Question Should fiber be counted as a carbohydrate?

I know this topic has been brought up before. Here is a tidbit from "The Ketogenic Diet" by Lyle McDonald. This is also practiced when following Atkin's.

Fiber
While fiber has already been discussed in terms of its effects on constipation in chapter 7, there is some concern that fiber may negatively impact ketosis. Strictly speaking fiber is a carbohydrate. However, humans do not have the enzymes necessary to digest fiber and derive any carbohydrate grams or calories from it. Therefore, fiber intake should not be counted as part
of the total daily carbohydrate grams consumed on a ketogenic diet.

Similarly, there is some confusion regarding food labels and fiber content. By law, fiber has to be listed in the total carbohydrate grams part of the food label as well as being listed separately. However, it should not be counted as a carbohydrate in terms of ketosis and a ketogenic diet. Therefore, the total grams of fiber in a food should be subtracted from the total grams of carbohydrate in order to determine how many grams of carbohydrate that food will contribute to daily totals. If a food lists 20 grams of carbohydrates, but 7 grams of fiber, only 13 grams of carbohydrate should be counted towards the daily total.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:32 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by storie79 View Post
So glad i found this site!!! I live in Louisiana and my doctor started offering this diet a couple of weeks ago. I was so ready for change that I started this diet before they were offering to the public (March 31st). So this is day 22 and I'm down 14 lbs! It is a challenge being from New Orleans and the food out here is to die for! Soul and Cajun food is a classic! I learned to tweek some foods into this diet without sacrificing everything I love, thus far so far so good . Glad to meet you all and hope to talk to yall soon!!
Welcome! We are glad you found this site too! It is very helpful and motivational. You are doing terrific on the diet and you will be very inspirational to others there in New Orleans!

Last edited by BlueMermaid; 03-29-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:02 PM   #67  
Goddess of Research

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
I know this topic has been brought up before. Here is a tidbit from "The Ketogenic Diet" by Lyle McDonald. This is also practiced when following Atkin's.

Fiber
While fiber has already been discussed in terms of its effects on constipation in chapter 7, there is some concern that fiber may negatively impact ketosis. Strictly speaking fiber is a carbohydrate. However, humans do not have the enzymes necessary to digest fiber and derive any carbohydrate grams or calories from it. Therefore, fiber intake should not be counted as part
of the total daily carbohydrate grams consumed on a ketogenic diet.

Similarly, there is some confusion regarding food labels and fiber content. By law, fiber has to be listed in the total carbohydrate grams part of the food label as well as being listed separately. However, it should not be counted as a carbohydrate in terms of ketosis and a ketogenic diet. Therefore, the total grams of fiber in a food should be subtracted from the total grams of carbohydrate in order to determine how many grams of carbohydrate that food will contribute to daily totals. If a food lists 20 grams of carbohydrates, but 7 grams of fiber, only 13 grams of carbohydrate should be counted towards the daily total.
Here here! Excellent synopsis Blue Mermaid! I couldn't have said it better myself! I have posted similar findings, but good for you for listing a Reference! I think we are becoming more are more educational and factual, that makes me giddy ( such a nerd!).
The Ketogenic Diet was one of the books that I posted for reccomended reading- but someone had mentioned it to me regarding citric acid in diet rite.. was it you? Whichever- it is an AMAZING book and I recommend everyone who is on the IP diet read it if they want to understand more about what their body is going through and more they can do to be successful on the diet during ketosis.
There is also another book out that is newer that has to do with hormones and the diet which is supposed to be amazing do you happen to know what that book is blue mermaid, or anyone for that matter? I will look in a little while.. if I don't see a reply.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:17 PM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuayThaiGoddess View Post
Here here! Excellent synopsis Blue Mermaid! I couldn't have said it better myself! I have posted similar findings, but good for you for listing a Reference! I think we are becoming more are more educational and factual, that makes me giddy ( such a nerd!).
The Ketogenic Diet was one of the books that I posted for reccomended reading- but someone had mentioned it to me regarding citric acid in diet rite.. was it you? Whichever- it is an AMAZING book and I recommend everyone who is on the IP diet read it if they want to understand more about what their body is going through and more they can do to be successful on the diet during ketosis.
There is also another book out that is newer that has to do with hormones and the diet which is supposed to be amazing do you happen to know what that book is blue mermaid, or anyone for that matter? I will look in a little while.. if I don't see a reply.
You were the one that turned me on to this book. Thank you! It is very informative. I have been reading it for a few days now when I have time. I don't drink diet rite however, my coach had given me permission to drink another carbonated bevereage sweetened with splenda and it too has citric acid. I have quit drinking that about 3-4 weeks ago. Not that I have noticed a difference in weight loss but I do think the citric acid made me hungry.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:17 PM   #69  

Exercise supplementation?
Hi all- my chiro is offering the IP diet and, not wanting to cough up the $ for the "real" thing we're trying an IP-like diet instead. So far, so good - this is accomplishing what other approaches and tons of exercise have not for over a year! I only have 10-15 lbs to lose and a desire to see if I could reset my BMR, which literally halved a few years ago (hence the 10-15 lbs).

I am super active: run/hike 25-40 miles/week plus yoga plus lifting, etc. My rest day is 45-60 min/walking with hills every 7-10 days, all other days are 45min-3 hours exercise. The low kcal aspect of an IP-like program just isn't enough to keep up with this level of activity.

What is the best way to supplement for high levels of activity?

If I run, say, 6 miles, should I add an extra meal of veggies + fat + protein? Just extra protein? Should I try to balance it calorically or by types of food?

Thankfully I've had a cold during my first week doing this so it was a good time to lay low, but I feeling better and am ready to crank it back up again and don't want to be dragging. Thanks all for any help/advice!
Old 03-29-2010, 11:32 PM   #70  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
SassyKimann-- 29 lbs in 4 weeks. What an accomplishment -- don't worry about the dress. Just keep up what you're doing and know you will look beautiful for September. How exciting-- I loved being a bride! And Happy Birthday!!!

Now - a strange question for this bright group of ladies (and men). I have the stiffest neck the past two days-- wondering if it is related to all the soy in this diet. It seems to hurt more every time I have a vanilla drink. Right side of my neck and partially down my back. Has anyone had this happen to them??? Love this diet and want to feel good on it. Thanks for your help.
not experienced that and I have the pre made vanilla drink 3 x per day
Old 03-29-2010, 11:38 PM   #71  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by babs181 View Post
does anyone know how long walden farms takes to ship from their website, I used the buy 5 get 5 free coupon last week, and haven't heard anything from them about shipping, only the order itself, running low on dressing and caramel sauce so I'm anxious to get my order (I like the italian dressing and the caramel)
what do you do with the caramel? I mean, what do you use it on, or with?
Old 03-29-2010, 11:44 PM   #72  
Goddess of Research

Talking **Sparkles**

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post

Hi MuayThaiGoddess - I am listening to Sinatra right now to put me in a good mood! And now I have to go back into the kitchen to chop things. But not my thumb, of course, thanks to my cut proof glove. Oh I am also drinking more tea. It helps calm me down and de-stress. I got so much done at work today and I'm going to present my findings in a presentation tomorrow. I feel mean because it's a critique of our web application design, but oh well. I'm good at it and I'm just being honest. I hope the software application designer won't be in the meeting. He might cry afterwards!

Speaking of crying, I also had a good pseudo-cry at dinner. I chopped up the largest red onion I have ever seen. Really I think it made at least 2+ whole cups of chopped onion! I actually had tears running down my face. Such a nice catharsis since I wasn't sad. Just had a good cry LOL! Good for my sinuses too. Sniff, sniff! I like joking that I'm really sad when I'm chopping onions. Cracks me up!

Well, gotta go make tea, chop veggies, and take the pup out for a nighttime constitutional! Be back in a bit. I forget if I even replied to your last posts. I am going to check into the Isopure Zero brand. Lately I like freezing my pudding a little for a treat. Wonder how I could make a pudding consistency with protein powder - would adding gelatin do it? Any ideas? Hope you had a good day! I did - I was very productive at work and when feeling down, I drank some tea. I still have some work to do (side-project) so... Off I go!

Oh in other good news, my boyfriend had his weigh in today and he lost another 5 pounds! Woot! He's lost 5 pounds each of his 3 weeks so far. He has 10-15 pounds to go (he hasn't decided yet if his goal is 160 or 155 and will see when he gets there). I'm so proud of him. He's sticking to the plan like glue. And the loss is so consistent for him!
***Sparkles***
YOU CRACK ME UP!! Seriously, I always look forward to your postings, you remind me ALOT of myself- so, indeed, you have got to be one cool chick ( and very humble ).

Ah yes. Chopping up onions, how cathartic... besides the temporary blindness. that is hailarioius that you pretend to be upset while snotting all over the place, I was laughing out loud, how very melodramatic of you- I think it is a scream! You can an A+ for animation and personality, and for gusto- I always leave that to my mom! I react a little too strongly to the onions- IN FACT, sometimes, even if the aroma and whatever that god-awful chemical chemical it is wafts out into the restaurant I am in I am usually doubled over and completely blinded for about 5- 10 minutes... followed by 3-4 waiters and usually a manager asking what is wrong and comping my meal and apoliging egrigously- you know there like- HA- I'm always like "I'm fine I'm fine- I just can't see and well.. I feel like I have acid in my eyes... but besides that everything is great!" Its WeIrD!! And embarassing! I usually look like some zombie from a horror movie by the end of it- mascara ALL over my face and shirt- nothing left of my eye shawdow and only patches left of any bronzer or powder I was wearing- Ahh... the perfect 1st date! Happened once at Cheeseburger Cheeseburger... Good times.

The Zero Carb Isopure is delicious in the Creamy Vanilla and I don't think you need to add it to anything. I think it tastes better than anything on Ideal Protein, but thats my personal opinion, now the fruity kool-aid like Isopure drinks are not as lushious but not bad, but better with a little ice and some ice cold filtered water. I scored on some of those at GNC when I found some expiring in a month and got 75% off!! got them for $1 a piece and 2 serving of 20grams of protein in each! I bought like 12 of them (ALL OF THEM!) SO I would check out GNC if you have one near by, they had them on sale, and a little flirting never hurt anyone. I have a saying, "if you don't ask, someone can't tell you no." It never hurts to ask, and usually they will at least give you 25% off, thats what he was going to do, and before the conversation was over I was getting 75% off. Did I mention I used to work in sales...

I laughed when you wrote you didn't know if you had replied to any of my posts because I was sure that was a jab- BECAUSE I HAVEN'T WRITTEN BACK! LOL! TSK TSK Shame on me... but I found it funny, even if you didn't mean it that way... thats my kinda humor.

Oh and regarding the tea, one tea that I LOVE and REALLY REALLY relaxes me and calms me down ( and helped when I was going insane and out of xanax and helped with sleep) is Calm tea from Starbucks. I boil water and let it steep for 5 minutes and add some splenda (or stevia in your case) and a dash or milk- and oh la la- it is like a treat, and really relaxing. and I used to add the sugar free vanilla we had at SBUX into it- NOW THAT IS REALLY REALLY GOOD! I don't think it is made with splenda- but a pump won't hurt- but I'm sure you can find some made with sucralose and the vanilla in the calm tea or even the chai tea is sooooo good. Now the chai tea ( tea bags of course NOT the latte) has a lot of caffeine- good if you really need a pick me up, but it comes in decaf too. Like I said, I know alot about starbucks because I worked there for a long time. In fact when you used the word cathartic- it made me think of working the espresso bar at SBUX because I always said it was cathartic- again another word most people generally don't use!!

Sinatra- great music! I need to down load some of it on ITunes, makes me think of Mel Gibson in What Women Want! I love that movie- hee. And I love music, it always puts me in a good mood, my mom comes from a very music filled home and I think it runs in my blood.

Good for your boyfriend!! WOOT! 5 POUNDS!! GO HIM- GO HIM- DANCE PARTY DANCE PARTY! And he is already so close to his goal, he should be excited! I better not hear anymore reports about him giving you a hard time with complaining- or I'm going to have to fly up there and kick his butt in line with some Muay Thai! Ha! That is seriously awesome though congratulate him for me, Is he happy about it? Or was he hoping for more?

You kill me with the "glove" thing!! LOL! Thats awesome you were proactive and acutually bought something to protect yourself... AND YOU ACTUALLY USE IT! Ya see... I do the same thing... well I usually hurry or get distracted and have a casualty ... one of my fingers which I wrap in a paper towel and keep going ( A real nurse in the making.. lol) and say I'll curl my finger under the next time (which I never do!) And I could see my mom watching HSN or QVC and seeing that glove youre talking about and buying it for me... and the next time I would be chopping- totally forgetting about it and chopping my fingers again! LOL!! My ADHD is pretty bad... but I'm working on it!! I am - I swear!!

Okay well, I am about to write back to the post you wrote centuries ago, but I wanted to write back to this one first because it was fresh on my mind and funny! Thank God I have a little more energy to do this tonight!

**Goddess
Old 03-30-2010, 12:49 AM   #73  
Goddess of Research

Talking At long Last!

Quote:
Hi MuayThaiGoddess -
Sorry for not posting anything to you yesterday. I didn't feel so good myself so I didn't have a lot of sunshine to share. Funny that you noticed too. My pain was really bad and I was in a funk at work which didn't lift when I came home. Nevermind that everyone on my team has to make up 32 hours of billable time by April 22! Remember that big snow storm in February? Northern VA got 3+ feet of snow and we were closed for 4 days of work. Last week they told me that I need to make up those hours since our client won't be paying us. It's just ridiculous! So instead of going into the office on the weekend (hello I'm a salaried employee, weekends are my time!), I'm educating myself and reading a book relating to what I do. I planned to start that by 8am this morning but I haven't started yet! But I did have my breakfast, do a load of laundry, spot clean the kitchen floor, walk the dog, and feed the cat already! Also I saw the sunrise. But I only got 5.5 hours of sleep. Thank goodness I slept though. If I sleep at all, I'm happy.

This diet is not the devil and you can do it! I feel depressed and cantankerous too! Yesterday my bf said, why are you so moody lately? Ack!!!! But maybe I can make someone else (you!) feel better with something happy and sparkly. Sgt Sparkles to the rescue! LOL I'm a superhero too. I always loved Wonderwoman. Maybe because she was the only female superhero on TV when I was growing up.

I got so stressed out yesterday. The chronic pain is really getting to me and since my bf lives with me, he can see that and experience it. At least if I lived alone I could just do what I wanted and curl in a ball on my bed. Also he was applying for a government job and the application was due at midnight last night and I had to help him with that. Where were people to help me when I was unemployed last year? I realize I'm a paid writer and good at it but... I just don't feel like doing all this all the time. He's so stressed out at his job too. in Nov 2008 he had a pseudo heart attack and had to spend the night in the hospital on Thanksgiving. His doctor told him to GET A NEW JOB or he could die from the stress. Well then he got a promotion and no pay raise and he's still hanging on at that same company. I personally hate that company because hello - they laid me off! So everytime he's out with his coworkers all they talk about is work and I'm like, F THAT! I was swearing a lot yesterday too which I never do and he noticed that too. Ugh I just am overwhelmed and to boot, I feel fat! Maybe I finally have gained those 3 pounds or whatever that come back like a bad ex at the end of the IP diet. One cool thing though - my neighbor needed help with her computer so I went over and helped her. Then she started pulling things out of her closet and telling me I could have them. It was like Christmas morning!!! There were one pair of 3/4 length jeans size 8 and when I put them on, it seemed like they were made for me! They look great! And they even look great over my brace (there's shorts involved in the bracing so really maybe I could wear a smaller size but I need things that fit over it). Oh I asked my chiropractor, who does CBP (Chiropractic BioPhysics), about the upper cervical chiropractic and its effect on scoliosis and he said there is no evidence that adjusting the top of my neck will make the rest of my spine go back into place (I mean it has grown crooked since I discovered I had it at age 10). I wouldn't be adverse to trying it though. I would absolutely have to find one of those chiropractors who is in network with my insurance because I pay cash for the chiropractor now. And of COURSE he was out of town yesterday when I really needed him for some pain relief. I should call the sports massage therapist that I went to once - he's $100 a session (also cash, nothing good is covered by my insurance) but I felt so good afterwards. Maybe I can reward myself with that at the end of next week (for staying on the phase 3 plan). That and I should paint my nails because I am biting them again. I've always been a nail biter my whole life until this winter. I was so afraid of getting swine flu that I washed my hands all the time and stopped biting my nails. Luckily I did not get it even though several of my coworkers had it!

I feel really anxious and stressed. At work yesterday, we had a celebration for getting our CMMI Level 3 (certification for our software processes, like ISO 9001 or something similar) and what did we have in the conference room? A tray of veggies (hooray!) and a tray of crackers and cheese. And beer. Lots of beer in bottles. I really would've liked to have had something to eat or a beer but I just had my bottle of water. Actually I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing (socializing and blabbing) and I drank the whole liter of water in about 40 minutes. The bathroom and I are good buddies, LOL! But my friend who is on the P90X workout plan had 3 beers! Usually we commiserate together about not being able to eat the cake or junk we are having at the office that day for a celebration. I had one piece of celery which was gross because the ends were brown? No idea who thought that was ok to serve. And then at like 5pm I was HUNGRY. I haven't been hungry the whole time I've been on the plan. I mean I was really ravenously hungry. If I were a lion, I would've eaten an entire zebra. I came home and ate WF strawberry jelly. Like the whole rest of the jar. Pretty sure that counts as 6 carbs or something even though the jar says 0. I don't know what's wrong with me! Why was I hungry?!? Such an awful feeling actually. Now I am having all kinds of weird thoughts about food and I'm generally afraid to eat it. I feel like I have an eating disorder or something. Why should I be afraid of a carrot because it has a few carbs? But I am. I wish someone would tell me what the point of phase 3 is and what you're supposed to feel like during it. We all want more information, not less! I guess I'm out of ketosis but I don't know what to do otherwise. I got used to doing the IP phase 1 and then 2. Now I check everything I eat on fitday.com before I eat it to see if it's ok. What is wrong with me, I feel like I'm going crazy! I'd like more guidance from my coach but the sheet Birman posted about phase 3 had more info than my coach. Thanks again Birman! I actually gave it to my coach because there is a specific count on what you should eat for breakfast (fruit- 20g or less carbs, Fat 15 grams, Protein 25+ grams, and the actual carbohydrates/bread should have 30 grams or less of carbs). Why should I have to tell my coach how to do phase 3? Where is this guidance that I've paid for?

Also my bf is really down about the diet. I try to encourage him but it's hard and these last 5 days of me being on phase 3 of the IP diet aren't going to be easy. I'm tired of eating fish and eggs. But I made him dinner yesterday while he was working on his resume. Victory for me! Scrambled eggs and then a stir fry with bean sprouts, broccoli, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, lemon juice, and spring onions. He actually liked it! That makes me happy because we're not on the same page about veggies generally. I just eat everything raw (straight out of the ground/garden if I can get it) and he is really picky and only likes certain ones cooked and I just don't understand it. They all taste good to me. Well except brussels sprouts, I don't think I can eat those raw. But I really like them steamed! They are a little bitter but I keep trying different recipes and hopefully one day I will be able to make them for other people. They are in the 2x a week veggies anyway so it doesn't really matter. I read that a child will like any vegetable if they try it 8 times, but most parents stop after 2-3 times and assume the child doesn't like that veggie. Can you tell I'm going to be feeding my kids veggies straight out of the garden? I remember the first time my mom showed me all the plants in the garden and told me what they were - I think I was 4. She reached down and snapped off a piece of asparagus for me and said, try it! I tasted it and it was so delicious! I think I've liked veggies ever since then. They taste like the earth and the earth tastes good! Heehee, that's why I like wine too, you can taste the earth (terroir) in it.

Does anyone else eat their snack in the afternoon? I was told by my clinic that I MUST eat the snack at night before bedtime so that the body can use that protein at night instead of eating away at the muscle. But now I'm hungry in the afternoon and by the time I eat the nighttime snack it's 11pm. I work until 5:30 or 6 and walk my dog and then make dinner so dinner is usually on the late side too. I think I've had dinner at 6pm or earlier exactly 3 times during this diet. But I've persevered and made it through my afternoons and been victorious in losing the weight! That's my stubborn streak- I'm right there with you Goddess. Can you tell I'm trying to rationalize eating the afternoon snack? But I'll stick to the Phase 3 sheet which lists the snack at the end.

It's so cute that you got your son to drink out of a sippy cup by using it yourself! Awwwww. Also I thought the same thing about those little pre-mixed drinks - they are just the right size for little kids! The straw is so little and cute (and extendable, how novel!). Also those are soooo good. I only had a few of them that came with my starter pack for IP but I really enjoyed them. I think you can get them at netrition or lindora.com for cheaper than through IP, and it's the same product. Better watch your little angel or he will turn into JAWS will get your premade drink box every time. Hahaha I laughed so hard about that.

Sorry this is such a downer post! But I'm really happy with the results of the IP diet (so far) and I fit all my old clothing and I just got several new (to me) articles of clothing from my neighbor and I never would have fit into them before. She has no idea how happy she has made me by giving me some of her old tops and jeans. : I need to concentrate on good thoughts today to lift my mood.

I love socializing with friends/coworkers and now I realize I all eat too much when celebrating. The celebration is about the event or accomplishment, not the food (unless you are on a food show like Top Chef). I don't think I will ever put something into my mouth without thinking again. This diet is really good because it's taught me that. I am also one of those people who sits down at a table for meals. I do that because 1)I tend to spill things, even just drops of olive oil so I never eat at my desk at work because I would probably spill something on myself or the computer 2)my back can't take sitting around slouched trying to eat off of a plate that I'm holding 3)my dog is always interested in my food, and so is the cat, come to think of it! When I eat, I should eat and concentrate on the food. Or if I'm not paying attention, I will have already portioned everything out so I know how much I'm eating. Because again, nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

The cherry blossoms are just starting to bloom. They have burst into bloom over the past few days and it makes me so happy! And the daffodils, crocuses, tulips, forsythia, and magnolia trees. I hope you all have a good Saturday. I am so happy for all the NSVs and scale victories you are all posting!

Goddess - go take your little angel for a walk and enjoy the sunny spring day!

What is 5-HTP for? I have to look into those ZERO Carb Isopure brand too. Sounds good

**Sparkles**

Finally your long awaited reply, only took me like 4 days to do it, wow now thats impressive. I'm really sorry I have been feeling like the bain of existance, seriously for the last two days I have been really thinking maybe God is punishing me for something. The last time I felt this crappy was when I was coming off of ( I won't say what and how much) but ALOT of medications that were prescribed to me, when finally I fired my doctors and took myself off because it was giving me serotonin toxicity and I was dying and I was detoxing for 3 monthes- like some of the worst days of my life. i feel a little better tonight, I hope that 5-HTP is kicking in. 5- HTP is supposted to raise your serotonin levels naturally and help with migraines and pain and your over all mood and your appetite and carb cravings. Its really cool. Also I am looking into the supplement SamE- which is a natural supplement which is supposted to make you down right HAPPY. And since I could seriously use a kick in the butt in the area I am going to ask my upper cervical doctor about that tommorrow ( he is brilliant, and can keep up with BRAIN SURGEONS when he talks to him- he is the most intelligent person I know) I will also ask him about your condition and what he thinks and if he has data and proof and upper cervical helping your case, I am almost positive they do, I WANT TO HELP YOU! You seem like such an amazing, intelligent person and a good friend- I know that sounds silly since I haven't known you for very long but were "kindred spirits" - sisters from another mother I hope we can become great friends. Also, tommorrow I think I get the priviledge of PM'ing so we can do that from now on and not have to post emails on this board!! haha! Since I'm sure the quote and response will be the longest thing this board has ever seen! lol!

I think that it is terrible and criminal that your company is making you make up time that they are not getting paid for- and on top of it- YOU are not because you are salaried!! So youre reading a book on what to do in this situation? GOOD FOR YOU! You should always be informed! That impowers you! Three feet of snow is an act of God and no human being should have to be penalized for that which they had no control over. I am looking forward to getting back into school and getting my bachlors to I can go to law school and give you better advice. I have a problem with the injustice not only in my own life ( mainly regarding my son) but that exsists in this world. I love the United States and I think we are the greatest country-- well.. so far.. but I wish that I could help out people in bad circumstances and just know more about the law and how the system works. Alot of people think I would make a great attorney, and finally I think I am pretty set on it.

I feel so bad for you about the chronic pain, it is SO AWFUL. I have been dealing with pain in the form of migraines since I was ten and they have been getting worse ever since- when I got into high school, I was getting them at least 4-5 days a week and taking lethal amounts of aleve, and I also was getting horrendous upperback pain that was so tense and tight I couldn't pay attention in class, I would actually get my dad to stand on my back- anything to make it stop. I used to fantisize about stabbing my muscles with knives thinking it would relieve the pressure and pain but I didn't do it- figuring I would end uo in a roomm with padded walls with a straight jacket on, but the thought made me happy. After high school, My migraines came every day sometimes all day and life sucked. I was allergic to all the medicines that migraine sufferers took for their headaches and so they put me on pain meds and then it began- meds for my head and back... for years- a bad thing but it kept me from suicide... anywho in the past year I really started taking the upper cervical doctor seriously and it has helped my back ALOT and my headaches alot too- but they seem to be coming back- and i don't know why- stress he says- but i can't help that- they aren't as severe- but i'm jealous because most people who get a correction are almost " magically" cured- and well I'm the Dr. House case, as always- my body is just a mystery- just like on this diet- its reaction is absolutely- almost undocumented- and they don't know what to say or do and don't know why. I guess why I'm so into research because I'm so sick of Doctors just blowing me off or just giving me some half *** thing to help- when its really not doing much. My upper cervical doctor is the best doctor I have ever found who really cares and wants to CURE ME. its amazing. AND I DO THINK IT WILL HELP REALIGN YOUR WHOLE SPINE. I knew your other chiropractor would say that, because well its a long story but basically other chiropractors and Medical doctors don't like uppercervical doctors because THEY will put them out of business. Its really political. But I will do what I can in finding you the research because I would think you would want to do what will get you out of pain and get your back - back to being healthy and I REALLY think thats uppercervical- I'LL see what I can come up with tomorrow and maybe I'll ask if you can email him or something or if he can find you a doctor in your area that can do a free inital visit to see if it would benefit you-because they can tell from your first visit whether it will help you or not- its cool.

I feel for your boyfriend. It seems like hes stuck at a bad job and he has some sense of loyalty to it, or that he thinks maybe it will get better maybe... just after this next project... or maybe just after this... my dad was like that he gave everything to his job= work work work and he was very very successful BUT STRESSED OUT OF HIS MIND!! So he is looking for a new job?? thats good. stress can kill- you have to take it seriously.

You never told me you were a paid writer!! Tho I don't doubt it- you are great at it- I can tell by your lexicon and by the fabulous cadence to your writing- I love it! Its so enjoyable to read!! I feel so special I get the longest posts!!

I think you have been starving because you have been eating enough carbs to be outside ketosis and maybe not enough calories for your body because you have not been following phase 3 like a good girl! And also, I think that if you are starving in the after noon F THE F***ING sheet eat the damn snack because youre eating dinner way later than the sheet probably thinks you are ( don't you love how I am personifying that inanimate object) and youll have enough for sleep since you get off work so late and then prepare your dinner- so if you prep dinner and then eat it and then probably don't even want your snack before bed time do you? I say eat your snack when you need it- duing the day to keep your energy level up- its never good to let yourself get too hungry and when you do- your body will start feeding on muscle- so eat the snack during the day if you need it- because i think most ppl eat diinner at 5 and youre not even off of work. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY the sheet is there to guide you. SOME PEOPLE GET SO CAUGHT UP IN IT. Besides you are smart, did you not say WHY AM I PAYING THIS COACH TO HAVE TO ADVISE HER? I feel the same way. I know I have to tell mine about medical stuides etc and then she always just threatens to take me off the diet.... sigh... i really don't think it takes that much to become a coach... and i hate to say it- but sometimes i think someppl should disregard hat they say=== Dr. Chann wanted them to be nutritionists and alot of them are not. At least I have a doctor who knows all about it and has done it who I can ask- I WISH HE WERE MY COACH AND EASIER TO GET AHOLD OF. One thing I thought might be cool is I think if I can stick this out to the end I wouldn't be a bad coach-- since I'm such a researcher- and with my backround in nutrition and fitness- Personal trainer but I don't know. I would hate for anyone else to feel like me I hope these 5 HTP kick in soon.
Allright I know I missed like a million things from your post but I hear my sweetness crying so I have to go get him!!!
Oh and we too like an hour and fifteen minute walk today he ended up falling asleep so hard! lol! We usually walk atleast 5 days a week but I try to walk with him everyday because he loves it SO MUCH!!
TTYL **Goddess

Last edited by MuayThaiGoddess; 03-30-2010 at 12:51 AM. Reason: just needed it
Old 03-30-2010, 01:23 AM   #74  

Hi all...I was wondering...I have been trying to add my weight loss ticker but am unalbe to. I did look under cp chat for the signature, but I do not have it...any help would be welcomed!
Old 03-30-2010, 01:27 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
can any one tell me how to upload photo's? I am having a heck of a time trying to get it to work! Thanks!
If you upload them as attachments, the thumbnail will show up which people can click on to enlarge. Or, if you upload your photos to someplace else on the web (like Picassa Web Albums or Flickr), you can paste the jpg URL into the Image feature here so the photo will show up right in the post. (Was that as clear as mud?)
Closed Thread