Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 05:26 PM   #151  

My coach has me on an extra protein a day but not a package, just the collagen in my water in the afternoon. We'll see if it changes anything
Old 03-24-2010, 05:50 PM   #152  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22 View Post
Hello all - just caught up on the posts. So many of you are losing as well as having NSV. Congratulations. Sorry in advance for the long post but i'm feeling really chatty today.

When I hear some who are getting discouraged because they feel that they aren't losing fast enough or not losing as much as others, it brings me back to some of the posts by the "old timers" back in January. These feelings seem to be a stage that many dieters experience. You've settled in to the diet, but it's starting to seem like you've been at it for a while; you're starting to see the cost add up,maybe you're not losing as much as others every week, and you're ready for the diet to be over.

Let's face it, this diet does spoil you - you really expect to lose that 3-7 lbs every week and when you don't you're disappointed. Crazy... Remember other diets when losing 1 lb was cause for celebration?

I went through these feelings too - but i started the end of October and experienced it back in Feb. I perservered and got through it. Except for the first two weeks, i never lost those huge amounts. But I have lost - lost pounds and inches - every single week - even when i made a couple of poor choices. I stalled at one point too and almost cried when I weighed in and had only lost 1 lb - I remember thinking - I just spent $90 to lose 1 lb - didn't cheat or have any foods that i shouldn't have. I tried the carb bootcamp approach (less than 25 carbs/day) but what really kick started my loss again was more food - but low fat protein not chips and junk.

Instead of comparing my losses to what others were getting, I spent more time enjoying the change in me - find an old picture of yourself - you'll be amazed at the difference - catch a glimpse of yourself in a store window - notice how much you've changed. And I never wore my old fat clothes - once they were baggy, i stopped wearing them. I figured, I'm working at this hard, i'm going to make sure my clothes reflect the changes - I might wear the same two pairs of pants over and over again - but they fit and look so small that i'm still amazed.

I'm .3 lbs from my goal weight - yes .3! When I weighed in I was hoping that's I'd make it this week - my coach laughed and asked if I wanted to go pee to see if that would make a difference - I said - oh I already did that. I'm not worried at all. I'm in phase 3 and still losing - only 1.1 lbs this week but I'll take it. i could stay here for a good long time, it's so easy. Cost is not an issue - 1 IP packet a day - and only because they're easy. I figure I'll be in maintenance right away and then maybe in the fall i'll lose another few pounds. Right now I'm thinking that I could weigh less but always in the back of my mind i remember when i was 200 lbs and 150 was a distant dream. But here I am - one pound at a time, one week at a time...
Mom22, thanks for writing this. It is helpful to hear from people who have experienced the feelings I am having. Congratulations on all your success. I hope to be there someday...
Old 03-24-2010, 05:56 PM   #153  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

BlueMermaid thanks for the lesson on dancing icons and congrats on the onederland club. I love being a member of that club.
Wow! Lots of choices-- what fun.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:56 PM   #154  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post
Yep. I hit the 50 pounds lost this morning.

1/24/2010 - 244
3/24/2010 - 194

That's 50 pounds in 59 days and a reduction of 20.49% of my weight.

Yay.

At 190, I'm moving to Phase 2.

Have a good day, everyone!

Scott
awesome job!
Old 03-24-2010, 06:15 PM   #155  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Wish I had more to report from the doc's PeginNH and CinammonSparkles. The answer was the diet is safe long term and that some of the things in the book aren't consistent with the current diet. They aren't really sure why-maybe since the book is so old. Wish I had a better answer.
I spoke with my endocrinologist too about my thyroid meds. He said they don't change that much with weight loss. I was surprised since I thought they would. I did not explain the IP diet because I was worried he wouldn't approve! But didn't someone here say they no longer took thyroid meds after this diet??

Gotta love all the choices of fun animations.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 169/0/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi all! Well, had my WI today and I've stayed exactly the same as last week. But I did have that KFC cheat on Sunday. But here's the thing, my coach said that she thinks I knocked myself out of ketosis since I didn't loose and am having all these cravings (even though I told her the cravings were driving me insane way before I cheated) so, she doesn't think I should eat any of the restricted stuff for a week, or at least 4 days till I'm back in ketosis. So, why would that matter? I've counted my carbs and even with the one restricted bar a day I'm still under the 30g (or was it 40g) carbs a day for ketosis, so why should it matter? I don't want to give up the bars cause I feel like they're the only thing keeping me sane.

Also, just curious maybe some of you have an answer, but how is it even possible, ketosis or not, to only be eating 700 cal/day and not loose anything for a week? I mean I lost inches still, but no lbs???
Old 03-24-2010, 08:37 PM   #157  

Its hard to keep up with you all!

2 questions:

Corned Beef...allowed? It is not on my list and besides the high salt content, I am not sure what is wrong with it.

Exercise....who is doing it? My coach just said to ease back into it and I should be fine, no need for an extra packet or protein. What are yours telling you?
Old 03-24-2010, 08:41 PM   #158  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
My coach has me on an extra protein a day but not a package, just the collagen in my water in the afternoon. We'll see if it changes anything
Collagen in the water and why?
Old 03-24-2010, 08:43 PM   #159  

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelgal View Post
Good afternoon IP friends,
I'm at work today and jusy getting to get on to say hi!
I was reading somewhere in the posts that someone was staying away from the restictives and only using the non-restictives, if you have a few a week,(restictives) not every day, does it slow down the loss process?

This is my 4th week and I have had a couple of the restrictives (no more than one a day).
I have to wiegh in 2 days early as my coached changed the day, (better for me, I hated Saturday AM's) so I'm hoping for even a small loss and inches tomorrow!
Thanks much for your input!
Juile
Julie, I eat a restricted every day and I sometimes eat 4 proteins as well as my meal. I have lost 34.4 pounds since January 4th. I actually did a week on Atkin's and lost 5 then started IP January 13th. This is how my losses have gone.
Week 1 -5
Week 2 -5.4
Week 3 -3.6
Week 4 -4.6
Week 5 -1.6
Week 5 -3.6
Week 6 -2.4
Week 7 - took a 5 day break went to Vegas and had a wonderful time and ate whatever I wanted. I did not weigh the week I got back at my coaches but on my scale after being home and back on IP 1 day I was at the same weight as when I left for Vegas.
Week 8 -2.2
Week 9 -1.6
Week 10 -4.4

I feel if I get hungry and eat a 4th protein it will not hurt my loss too bad. It is a better choice than eating potato chips or chocolate. I think we tend to eat the same thing every day and our body gets used to it so it helps to throw it a curve ball now and again. I am at the lowest weight right now that I have been in 5 years and have 24 more until I reach my goal. If it comes off a little slower than some, so be it. I don't feel deprived and I should still reach my goal by summer. I also think that losing a little slower helps the loose skin catch up, just my theory though.

Good Luck with your weigh in tomorrow and don't let the scale get you down. As long as you are following the plan the pounds and inches are melting away and befor you know it you will meet your goal!
Old 03-24-2010, 08:48 PM   #160  

This is a website I came across when I first started IP. I think it has some useful information and may answer some of the questions you all are having. It has some of the same information we have in our packets we received from our coach but it also has some other things. I have not read it for awhile and am planning on reviewing it myself.

http://www.ihpweightloss.com/

Here is sentence out of the supplement section on this website. The supplement they are talking about here is potassium.

Remember our dieters are required to consume 4 cups of vegetables, two green salads and a portion of whole protein per day.

Last edited by BlueMermaid; 03-24-2010 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:57 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

so my doctor's verdict is my rash is contact dermatitis. Some how, some way, I got poison ivy in March in PA. He did say oils can last for over a year, and I think that's what happens, have medicine to make it go away quicker. At least he really doesn't think the soy protein is causing this so I can keep having all the IP products I like. Oh well, hope this goes away. I went to red lobster with a friend tonight, as am so proud of myself, no bread, no sauce on my shrimp, broccoli and a salad, I'm a little concerned the broccoli might have had some butter, but not too too concerned as it was only a hint, so I'm happy, weigh in Friday, let's see what happens.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:06 PM   #162  

Received two random positive comments from co-workers today. First was "You are looking so skinny"--thank you very much, but I do not qualify as skinny by any stretch of the imagination. Second was "Whatever you are doing you are looking good and I think I have found what you have lost." It really lifted my spirits.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:25 PM   #163  

Quote:
Originally Posted by babs181 View Post
so my doctor's verdict is my rash is contact dermatitis. Some how, some way, I got poison ivy in March in PA. He did say oils can last for over a year, and I think that's what happens, have medicine to make it go away quicker. At least he really doesn't think the soy protein is causing this so I can keep having all the IP products I like. Oh well, hope this goes away. I went to red lobster with a friend tonight, as am so proud of myself, no bread, no sauce on my shrimp, broccoli and a salad, I'm a little concerned the broccoli might have had some butter, but not too too concerned as it was only a hint, so I'm happy, weigh in Friday, let's see what happens.
That is great news! I am so happy it was not anything serious. Great display of willpower at Red Lobster.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:27 PM   #164  

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
Received two random positive comments from co-workers today. First was "You are looking so skinny"--thank you very much, but I do not qualify as skinny by any stretch of the imagination. Second was "Whatever you are doing you are looking good and I think I have found what you have lost." It really lifted my spirits.
Great NSV's for you! I bet you are looking terrific after losing 52 pounds. It is nice when your co-workers take the time to notice and then also make an uplifting compliment. Keep going, you are doing wonderful!
Old 03-24-2010, 09:31 PM   #165  

Quote:
Originally Posted by committed1 View Post
Its hard to keep up with you all!

2 questions:

Corned Beef...allowed? It is not on my list and besides the high salt content, I am not sure what is wrong with it.

Exercise....who is doing it? My coach just said to ease back into it and I should be fine, no need for an extra packet or protein. What are yours telling you?
I don't have a corn beef info sheet to look at but how much fat is in it? It could be that or the sodium they put in it???

As far as the exercise goes. I am really trying to get back into some routine. However, on my week 9 I lifted weights twice and walked 3 times. I only lost 1.6 pounds. My week 10 I did not have time to exercise at all and I lost 4.4 pounds. HMMM, pretty strange.
Closed Thread