3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Chat - Week of March 22nd - 28th

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 08:40 AM   #106
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

MuayThaiGoddess-there are two things that have been in the back of my mind that are concerns regarding IP. I have been told numerous times by professionals that we should never eat below our basal metabolic rate- BMR.
Mine is well over 1,000 calories a day. Yes I understand the burning fat and ketosis stuff but still, is this ok?... which leads me to my second point. In the doc's book, he talks about being on this diet for a maximum of something like 6 weeks. I am planning on doing it until July! 5 months! Can that be healthy??? I will ask these questions next time I go and I'll be interested to hear what you find out too.

Last edited by HopefulTricia : 03-24-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:45 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
BlueMermaid Thanks so much. I am sitting here watching all the dancing people you posted for me. It makes me feel great and so encouraged so thank you. How about you? 34lbs lost and 24 to go-- BMI under 30 I know it isn't always easy, but what a fantastic job you've done. I would like to post some dancing people for you too but when I click on insert image, I get nothing. And thanks for the correction. I have proudly joined the onederland club!
Thanks for noticing! I recently joined the onederland club myself. On my coaches scale I have 24 more pounds to lose but that is evening weigh ins and on my scale I have 20 more pounds to go as of this morning. I will re-evaluate in 10 pounds if I want to keep going. I haven't seen this weight in a few years. This diet keeps chipping away at the fat and the weeks just keep flying by.

If you want to find the smilies, click on the go advanced and they are on the right hand side of that window.

Have an 'IDEAL' day!

Old 03-24-2010, 08:45 AM   #108

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Wanted some of that caramel right now. Went to vitacost.com and bought it on sale with the maple syrup and the chocolate syrup. Right now I could eat all three-- glad they aren't here. And I still haven't had my WF peanut butter and jelly. Must get IP crepes this week.
How are WF products really no calories, carbs, fat???
The caramel sauce was really weird when I first tried it, but now, I actually like it, it satisfies those cravings for sweets!!

Old 03-24-2010, 09:03 AM   #109

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post
Hey guys! My husband is seeing my great results with IP (and some people at his work) and he actually asked me about him doing it. However, he doesn't want to spend the $330 for the initial start up that my center charges. That includes 11 days of product, the three supplements, and $100 of that is for the consult. So...I wasn't interested in Lindora before, but now I am - for him.

Is anyone here doing Lindora exclusively? Are you losing and not hungry? I also remember talk of other supplements but when I did a search I couldn't find where to get them.

Thanks guys for any info you can give me
I have been doing Lindora products exclusively for about the last month. I lost exactly 5 pounds in the last two weeks, which was about the rate I was losing on IP after the first two weeks (10 lbs. first two weeks). I am only 15 lbs. away from goal, and I think the speed of weight loss lessens a bit the closer to goal you are. Anyway, I'm happy with the way things are going. I'm not hungry and am staying in ketosis.

I'm buying most of my supplements from www.ourhealthcoop.com: fish oil, 1000 mg, 180 softgels @$7.95; liquid calcium (calcium with magnesium, boron and D3), 300 mg, 100 softgels @$6.47; and multi-vites (no iron), 60 tablets @$3.99. You can buy an alternative potassium source from Lindora. They have potassium tablets, 120 for $5. You're supposed to take two tablets per day. I can't tell from the picture how many milligrams are in each. The supplements from Our Health Coop were actually in my IP quick-start kit so they were approved by the regional IP rep.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by BevS : 03-24-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:17 AM   #110
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/125/135

Height: 5'5"

Default more on vegetarian approach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Thank you for the welcome!

My daughter doesn't eat eggs, seafood, nor chicken... she hasn't since she was 7 years old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Your daughter can always just have a packet for dinner with the required vegetables. According to Dr. Tran's book, the evening meal was to make the plan easier to follow for most people, not because we have to eat meat at the evening meal.
I concur with this... though she would need to be careful about animal product in some of the packets. Besides the obvious chicken soup, several you might not expect have animal collagen, including the "blueberry, cranberry and pomegranate" drink.

"Do or do not... there is no try."
Old 03-24-2010, 09:18 AM   #111

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post

I tried a chocolate peanut bar and I almost instantly broke into hives so no more of that. Im sticking to my 2 vanilla shakes and my 1 jello a day. It freaked me out a bit when it happened and Im not sure why.Has anyone had that issue before
I've been on IP two and a half weeks now, and last week, I started to have some strange rashes and such. I'm working with a remote coach as there is no one around me that does IP, so I'm going between my doctor to see the rashes, and talking to the coach. Started off with my face, and the coach said it's probably either an allergy to the soy protein or detox, my doctor thought an allergy, but as I've never been allergic to soy protein and was eating it at least 2-3 times a week, didn't think that was it, he gave me an eye cream and told me to take benedryl. My coach said to stay away from products with soy protein for a few days to see. I took the benedryl, cream and one day on drinks only, which is all I have without soy protein, that went way in a couple days. Then this Monday, I woke up to a bad itchy rash on my leg. It looked strangely like poison ivy, which is the only thing I've ever been allergic to. I can't figure out where it could have come from as it just started getting warm here in PA. I put some cream I keep at home on it for poison ivy, and went about the daily business, yesterday it spread a little to my torso and arm, and today even more, so I'm going back to my doctor and talking to my coach. I'm really hoping it's poison ivy, strange as that might be, or my body detoxing, but as I have only the remote coach, I am checking with my doc to see if he can identify it. I'm also going to stick to the drinks for a couple days again, which I'm almost out of so have to order more, and if soy is really the case, my coach said she'll see about exchanging. The catch is it takes 3 days for an order to get to me, an I don't have enough drinks to do that only for 3 days, so I'm stuck eating soy, just going to cut down if that's the case.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:34 AM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
EEEEKKKK!!!!

This morning I looked in the mirror and I saw... THIS!!!

Yes, you saw it right. GRAY HAIR! And a big whopping clump of it, no less.

I figured when I finally started turning gray, I would see one gray hair. Then a month later another one. Then in a few months they would start multiplying by several at a time, etc. But to start with a BIG WAD right out of the blue! I can't believe it!

I am not someone who typically spends much time fiddling with her hair. So, the gray wad has been growing there for a few weeks and I just didn't see it. But a few weeks maximum. Yes -- ALL of it came out of the blue just recently. I checked my calendar, and last time I saw my hairdresser was January 7. I had absolutely no gray then. None. When I was sitting right in front of the mirror and staring right at my hair I didn't see it. But more significantly, I specifically asked my hairdresser then if she saw any gray hairs. (I ask every time I go. Have for years.) She said no. So, I am turning gray, and turning gray rapidly, starting sometime after January 7, 2010.

So. Why on earth did I start going SO gray SO rapidly right now? I know it seems odd, but do you think it is any chance it is this IP diet? (I started on February 10.) If someone else asked me that, I'd say not likely. I'd think that the gray was probably growing there for months and they didn't see it. But I know for a fact that it's all new. Someone on this messageboard PM'd me a few weeks ago saying that this diet was causing her to lose her hair. I wrote back that I thought I read somewhere (don't remember where) that the diet can do that, but the hair grows back later. Is it possible that this diet could initiate and / or accelerate graying on rare occasion???
Hi, Birman, you have some beautiful red hair. Hopefully, the gray stops spreading. When I was in my late twenties (now I'm 52), I banged my upper forehead really hard in the exact same spot where your gray is. The hair there started going gray immediately from the trauma. There is a blue spot under the skin there to this day. Did you maybe hit your head as well? I now have some gray throughout the rest of my nearly black hair, but very little considering my age. Also, I have a 22-year-old niece with polycystic ovarian syndrome whose hair went completely gray while she was still in her teens. It was like overnight. The roots were completely gray in contrast to her brown hair. The doctors had no idea why this happened, even with the PCOS. I don't know if the IP diet could have caused the gray spot or if it's just a coincidence, but I'm hoping for the latter.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:35 AM   #113
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

I do chew gum once in a while. I have always only chewed 1/3 of a stick. So now, I tear that in half and chew 1/6. I like to have it if I'm where drinking water is a pain. Like a movie(don't want to have to get up and leave) or if I think my breath might be bad(like when I went to the dentist). Sometimes if I have a craving it helps. I might chew a stick a week, but probably not, so I don't think it hurts me at all. I chew Extra.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:51 AM   #114

Height: 5'10"

Josh, congratulations to you! What an inspiration you are! :-)

Had my weigh in yesterday, due to TOM I was up .6 but all my other numbers had improved. My counselor told me not to worry about drinking the occasional soda sweetened with Splenda, as long as I'm not using large amounts of Splenda in addition to drinking the soda.

I fel in love with the premade vanilla drinks yesterday. *sigh* Also, had a vanilla peanut bar - OMG. Those could be addicting, just like the pesky Reese's Easter Eggs used to be. They don't even look or sound good anymore though. That's what I love about IP, among other things. I had an amazing salad last night while my friends ate greasy burgers and fries, and while I enjoyed the smell of their food I wasn't tempted in any way to try it or get some for myself. That's progress, folks!
Old 03-24-2010, 09:58 AM   #115
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Going shopping with a girl friend today. Usually have a drink with lunch at the Mexican place or eat chinese. Guess that won't be happening!!! She is great, tho, so won't care. We have sunshine and supposed to be in the 50's. That is exciting in our country for March. Today is also DH birthday, so out for dinner tonight. Luckily he is watching things, too, so we will go somewhere for a nice salad or steak and veggies. Have a great day, everyone.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:01 AM   #116
dad

S/C/G: 244/178/174

Height: 5' 10"

Default Check out my new avatar...

Yep. I hit the 50 pounds lost this morning.

1/24/2010 - 244
3/24/2010 - 194

That's 50 pounds in 59 days and a reduction of 20.49% of my weight.

Yay.

At 190, I'm moving to Phase 2.

Have a good day, everyone!

Scott

wk1-4: -30, wk5-8: -18, wk9-12: -12.5, wk13: -2.5

(1 for every 5 lbs lost)

(1 for every 5 lbs still to lose)
Old 03-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #117

Gum--I chew Spry on occasion which does have .7 carbs per piece or something like that. Also, I found Mega T Green Tea Gum that has zero carbs--the only down side is that it doesn't last very long before almost falling apart in your mouth, especially if you are talking while chewing.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:16 AM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post

1/24/2010 - 244
3/24/2010 - 194

Yay.

Scott
Congratulations, Scott! I'm so happy for you!
Old 03-24-2010, 10:31 AM   #119

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
vegetarians on IP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman
Yes. I'm a vegetarian. So are Ogdog and CinnamonSparkles. Novak is a pescetarian. It's a bit trickier doing IP as a vegetarian, but definitely doable.

Sorry I'm behind... just got back from a week at Walt Disney World, and I'm trying to catch up. Birman, I could be wrong, but I think you are the only legit veggie on board. I'm pretty sure Ogdog and Sparkles have both mentioned eating seafood... as do I. That would make you the official resident expert, unless someone else fesses up. Congratulations!
Novak - you're right about me! I eat seafood now so technically I'm not vegetarian anymore. Was strict about it for 8 years (no eggs either) until 2008. When I go off IP I am going to try to eat vegetarian again, and maybe switch to raw foods. It might be healthier for my body. I can tell that animal protein aggrevates my sensitive skin. So Birman - I'm going to bug you about how you count all your protien substitutes with the carbs/protein, how you count everything, etc. And how you eat on a daily basis. I'll send you a message. I think I go to phase 4 starting on April 1.

babs181 - Do you have eczema? That's what it sounds like to me. Wierd rash on parts of the body like legs, inner elbows, neck, foot, forehead (that's where I've had it). I have it and I always think it's a poison ivy rash. But it's not! I even put some strong Rx cream on a spot on my forehead thinking it was poison ivy and now I have a little mark/scar there. Ooops. Have you asked your doctor about eczema? It's hard to even know what causes it. They think that it could be caused by food or environmental irritants. Although there's no way to test for each person to see what causes it for that person. Switch to a gentle soap that's not really soap - like Dove or something all natural like vegetable glycerin. Use fragrance free laundry detergent. Can't hurt, might help anyway, even if you don't have eczema! I also use only products for beauty care that do not have animal products in them (they are less likely to cause irritation that way since they are more natural to begin with). Ask your doc about eczema. Mine didn't appear until I became an adult - I never had it as a child. But I also grew up on a farm so I think the natural countryside had something to do with my good health! I hope you can figure out what your rash is and what is causing it. By the way, my mom lives on a farm in PA and I think it is too early for the poison ivy to have the oil that causes skin reactions on it. I'll ask her to be sure. Also, eczema is incredibly itchy and it spreads when you itch it (think the skin just gets more and more irritated, not that it's an oil that spreads)! Gosh I hate it!
Old 03-24-2010, 10:42 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post

1/24/2010 - 244
3/24/2010 - 194

Yay.

Scott
Hooray!!!!!

Congrats on 50 lbs down Scott

or you can check me out on facebook: Memoirs of a Fat Kid

20 lbs to Christmas Challenge!

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.