Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 08:42 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post
Off to watch Biggest Loser while on my treadmill.
Me too. It's my favorite show! I won't be on the treadmill though, just sitting on my butt on the couch. Maybe I'll do some isometrics.... Before IP I would eat junk food while I watched it, it was funny in weird kind of way. You would think it would be the opposite.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:02 PM   #77  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMonkey View Post

jordanna - My coach hasn't said anything about monitoring veggie carbs. Can you give me (or point me in the right direction) more info on why we should be eating less than 50 per day?
My coach says I need to stay below 40g of carbs TOTAL to stay in ketosis. Perhaps other coaches have different total carb amounts to stay below, either way I stay below 30 each day just to make sure my splenda, soy sauce etc doesn't throw me over 40 g.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:41 PM   #78  

Default Lindora Question

Hey guys! My husband is seeing my great results with IP (and some people at his work) and he actually asked me about him doing it. However, he doesn't want to spend the $330 for the initial start up that my center charges. That includes 11 days of product, the three supplements, and $100 of that is for the consult. So...I wasn't interested in Lindora before, but now I am - for him.

Is anyone here doing Lindora exclusively? Are you losing and not hungry? I also remember talk of other supplements but when I did a search I couldn't find where to get them.

Thanks guys for any info you can give me
Old 03-23-2010, 10:00 PM   #79  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Carla....that is awesome!!!
stacerp....I don't do Lindora exclusively, but I like their soup and usually eat it a lunch. Can't you just get extra packets for hubby? Our coach doesn't say anything about how much we do or don't get. My girlfriend got enough for 4 weeks the last time so she didn't have to mess with it every week. I suppose they really don't want someone on the plan with out the monitoring, but a bigger thing is the money they are missing out on, I bet.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:15 PM   #80  

[quote=RedMonkey;3213347]Hi All,

I noticed a lot of people here have trouble with salad dressing so buy those walden farms deals. I wanted to let you all know salad dressing is really easy to make at home - then you can have unlimited variety without having a ton of any one flavor. The key is 3 parts oil to 1 part acid. Then any spices etc you want are just bonus. I like to add fresh herbs as well as spices.
Ex. 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice + sea salt, pepper
3 tbsp EVOO, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar + sea salt, pepper, mustard
3 tbsp grape seed oil, 1 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar + basil, paprika, sea salt, pepper
Then you put the acid, spices, herbs, salt, and pepper to your blender. Mix it all up good. Then drizzle your oil in while your blender is on. This emulsifies the mixture so it won't separate when you put it in the fridge for a few days.

This week I made a spicy cilantro dressing and a spinach pesto dressing.
The first was hot pepper, cilantro, cucumber, EVOO, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper. The second was spinach (blanched first to keep it from turning brown in the fridge), basil, EVOO, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper.

Thank you so much Red Monkey for all the salad dressing ideas! Tonight I made the one with spicy mustard, EVOO, champagne vineager (1 carb), sea salt and pepper. It was so good! My new favorite.

I had my 3rd WI tonight. I lost 2.4#this week and 11.2# and almost 12 inches in the 3 weeks. That definitely is the most I have lost in that time period ever. I do think I can improve on that though by eating more fish, and measuring my veggies each day, and drinking every bit of my water. I have been having more coffee than I should too. What exactly does the coffee do to slow the loss?
Old 03-23-2010, 10:42 PM   #81  
Goddess of Research

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 5'8

Smile Week 2 weigh in results

Today was my official week 2 weigh in date and I lost 6 pounds this week, and 8 inches. Which brings my total loss for the past two weeks to 15 pounds and 17 inches. Not too bad for getting started.

Last edited by MuayThaiGoddess; 03-23-2010 at 10:44 PM. Reason: put title and smiley in
Old 03-23-2010, 10:59 PM   #82  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

MTG....That is so wonderful. Despite that little munchking feeding you cookies.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:08 PM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuayThaiGoddess View Post
Today was my official week 2 weigh in date and I lost 6 pounds this week, and 8 inches. Which brings my total loss for the past two weeks to 15 pounds and 17 inches. Not too bad for getting started.
That is so awesome! You are definitely doing something right My 4 week WI is Thursday. I do believe you are winning our friendly, little competition
Old 03-23-2010, 11:13 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
Hello my fellow fat (or not so fat anymore) chicks! I have been MIA these last few weeks due to my spring break. I had so much fun! I didn't stick to the protocol most of the time but I've definitely learned how to read labels and eat a lot healthier. I gained 2 lbs. but some how still lost 3 lbs. of fat according to my weigh-in yesterday. Fortunately I am back on track this week and am ready to shed my last 27 lbs. My goal is to do this by May 17th or May 24th so that's appox. 8 or 9 weeks from yesterday. I also have a mini goal of staying true to the diet and not cheating one bit which to this point has been very challenging for me! Congrats to all of you who have continued losing, those of you who have reached your goal, and those of you who have decided to begin this journey.
P.S. with all the talk of the WII Fit game, I have decided to borrow my boyfriend's little brother's WII and buy the Fit game to help with reaching my goal. Have a great day!

Dang Rachel! You did your little black dress proud! Great picture, you look amazing and so thin!
Old 03-23-2010, 11:16 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshb View Post
Well guys its official this morning, ive lost 100 lbs. on this diet!
I have never cheated while on this diet, and its been like..5 months!
Keep your mind to the diet and you can achieve anything!
I still have a ways to go but its big step for me! =D
Josh, WOW, I am in awe! 100 pounds is an amazing feat! You will be to your goal soon! You are amazing!
Old 03-23-2010, 11:19 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Woo Hoo!!! Week 2 weigh in -4.8 lbs. Making me 12.6 down in 2 weeks. 4 1/2 inches and 1.6 % body fat. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great job Carla! Isn't it amazing how well the diet works? Keep going, you are doing wonderful!
Old 03-23-2010, 11:25 PM   #87  

[QUOTE=sassykimann;3214993]Good evening all!

Again I am so amazed by everyone! You are all such an inspiration.

Week 4 and I am plugging along. I had a patient today tell me how wonderful I looked and it totally made my day. I had a great NSV this weekend as I went into Old Navy and bought a size L shirt. As of 3 weeks ago I was in their XXL. I almost cried.

I tried a chocolate peanut bar and I almost instantly broke into hives so no more of that. Im sticking to my 2 vanilla shakes and my 1 jello a day. It freaked me out a bit when it happened and Im not sure why.Has anyone had that issue before

Sassykim, great NSV's! It is wonderful to go buy new clothes and realize you need smaller sizes.

I used to get hives from the Atkin's chocolate peanut butter bars. I have not had any hive from the IP bars but I did not care for the chocolate peanut ones. I eat the vanilla peanut ones and the white chocolate cinnamon ones.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:30 PM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post

I had my 3rd WI tonight. I lost 2.4#this week and 11.2# and almost 12 inches in the 3 weeks. That definitely is the most I have lost in that time period ever. I do think I can improve on that though by eating more fish, and measuring my veggies each day, and drinking every bit of my water. I have been having more coffee than I should too. What exactly does the coffee do to slow the loss?
Great loss yinang! This diet works better than any other diet I have been on. You will just keep losing. Weigh to go!

Last edited by BlueMermaid; 03-23-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:32 PM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuayThaiGoddess View Post
Great numbers MTG! Keep up the hard work!
Old 03-23-2010, 11:37 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
MuayThaiGoddess -
6 pounds! 17 inches!!! Wow! Yay! Woot! And all other manner of Huzzah!
I'm so happy for you!

My weigh in is tomorrow, let's see how I do... Off to lala land and bed now. Zzzzz. Have a good night everyone!
Closed Thread