Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 02:27 AM   #346  
Goddess of Research

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 5'8

Default way to be informed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen1125 View Post
Just a quick response to those talking about the total carbs in some of the restricted foods. The bars I've had so far which are the Caramel Nut, the Cookies and Cream and the White Chocolate Cinnamon have all had 15-17g carbs in them, and the last one has no fiber. Not sure about the others because I've already thrown out those boxes.

Also, called IP today and they gave me the # to my area's rep. he did clear up that my coachs are directing me incorrectly. Only 3 IP's a day including the restricted item and eating the eggs or extra packets should be avoided "unless its that or a pint of ice cream" So I wonder how badly this misinformation has set me back

Jen!! Excellent job!! I always make sure to use the advice given on this website as a means to get different ideas to research and check out. I always make sure to cross reference them- like you did- Good for you! You have to make sure that it applies to your personal situation- just like I have been on a slightly different protocol that alot of you ( the athletic protocol) which actually calls for more packets and an egg- so you can't go by my protocol- or get confused by one of my posts. But I'm backing away from the intense exercise for a bit to allow ketosis to stabilize a bit more. but that is cool I think I might call IP for my rep's number, as a means for another resource. So thanks. But its always best to be well informed and know you are getting the right information from a credible source or just double check it for credibility because I don't want to have any lulls either in my diet- I want to be full steam ahead. but i am not consuming any restricted items for awhile for that reason either, I think those would hold you back more than an egg would but that is just my personal opinion on how ketosis works and everything. I'm glad you got good information and I hope it reflects on your next weigh in. So you lost 15 pounds in two weeks? Is that right?
Old 03-27-2010, 02:54 AM   #347  
Goddess of Research

S/C/G: 180/180/150

So, its been a little while since I've just done a post on how things are going in general. I've found that this diet has been putting me in a funk... I've been depressed and cranky and low spirited, and I'm not diggin it. But the scale keeps going down so as stubborn as I am there is no way I am going to detour from the diet, never mind come off of it.

Today, when I got up and got on the scale, I was under 190. YAAAY. I was 188, so thats three pounds in three days, I hope I can keep up this momentum until my weigh in. Lord knows how strict I am on this diet, and I hope it continues to show on the scale.

I also tried on a pair of black velvet pants, which have been tight since I got them at Christmas and I've always had to wear them high, and now 18 pounds down, I can wear them lower and don't have fat bulging everywhere- so that felt nice. A little NSV for me. Also i got some omega 3's and 5-HTP from GNC.

Also, I found on numerous medical websites (mostly surgeons) that the protein formula my mom got ZERO CARB ISOPURE is the top reccomended protein powder for ketosis based diets and it enhances your ketosis and found some Zero carb isopure fruitpunch, blue raspbery, and icy orange ready to drink bottles that had 40grams of protein and no fat or carbs and sucralose to sweeten for 75% off ( well, I had a little help talking to the sales man, cause they were supposted to be marked clearance) and I got them for like $1.25 instead of $5. somthing with tax. I was pumped. Also it was reccomended on some competitive body building sites when they go into ketosis for their competition weight (thats no joke) and I believe in protein power the book by michael eades (sp?). Anywho. i haven't had anything non IP but I'm excited about this because I think I have fouond something so similar that my body won't miss a beat... or an ounce on the scale for that difference and I thought I would share for who ever was interested in knowing.

Anywho, I am behind on some of my posts - BIRMAN- i wrote like an hour long post last night to you and right before I sent it= it somehow got deleted and I was so mad I wanted o blow up my computer- so I had to calm down for a day and I will re write everything I looked up and researched regarding your hair ( part of the reason i was so mad was because I had stayed up for 2 and 1/2 hours looking everything up specifically to send that to you and 5 seconds before it gets sent , somehow my computer hit the back browser and ALL WAS LOST- including my sanity! So I'll reply to your post tomorrow! Sorry its taken me so long!

SPARKLES! I haven't heard from my friend!! I've been feeling really down, i could certainly use some sunshine, and a pep talk on why this diet isn't the devil for making me so depressed and cantankerous!! lol. I've gotten spoiled looking forward to my very own daily email posts! ha! I'm just playing I know youre a busy gal but only 2 more days til I can PM!! YAY!!
talk to you later ** Goddess
Old 03-27-2010, 05:07 AM   #348  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
my coach said that we are allowed coffee. I drink it everyday.
I also drink coffee every morning... generally half-caf. The diet says we can have an ounce of milk in our coffee, but I take mine black. The only adjustment I make is to add more water cup-for-cup to counteract dehydration... I had a slight, nagging headache in week 3 for several days until I discovered that I needed to up the H2O intake. I also read that if we have coffee later in the day, it should be decaf only. That's usually not an issue for me, though I did break the rule at Disney and had a half-caf espresso the night the Magic Kingdom was open until 2:00 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:23 AM   #349  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Week 1 is over! Had my first WI, I lost 6.5 I was happy with that. My daughter lost 9 lbs. she was very happy with that. So all in all it was a good first week. We both got our TOM last Sunday (great timing, right?) So let week 2 begin. We're ready!
That's fantastic! I also hit 9 my first week, but I am no longer a strict vegetarian. Is your daughter using four packets a day for the protein? Just wondering if she's finding it difficult to follow the protocol...
Old 03-27-2010, 06:06 AM   #350  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post

Novak- You really have willpower to do so well while gone. I have an upcoming trip and am watching for ideas on how to manage.
For me, staying on plan during vacation just required the resolve to do it, and a little advance planning. I took enough premixed UHT drinks to carry with me when I might not be able to do the packet/shaker routine -- these were in my checked bag, of course.

I did take packets to have for breakfast... drinks and cereal (for which I brought a plastic REI camping mug to mix and eat from.) During the day, I tried to make sure I got the UHT drinks in on schedule, then had a salad/veggie lunch, and regular dinner. I did the best I could, but sometimes had to grab a quick salad without the full 2 cups of veg at lunch. Dinner was easier, but I was at the mercy of the kitchen when it came to food prep -- even with special requests. I usually ordered grilled fish and substituted the veg sides with something closer to plan.

For breakfast out, I skipped the IP one morning and ordered Eggbeaters. I think I also missed an IP one afternoon when late lunch slipped to early dinner. When my sisters were drinking Kahlua cocktails before bed, I poured my vanilla UHT over decaf espresso, which looked almost the same.

The one thing I did that I had to make an effort to stop, was push foods at my sisters that I would have loved to taste... as though eating vicariously through them. They got stuck with a dessert or two more than they really wanted early on, so I backed off and assured myself I'd get my chance on a future trip.

And I did check my Ketostix every morning to make sure I hadn't inadvertently thrown myself out of ketosis. I register pretty consistently in the moderate range, and that's where I remained for the whole week.

It really wasn't that difficult, and I'm glad I decided to stay on plan. I broke the thirty pound mark while I was away, and that was a major milestone for me.

Hope that helps!
Old 03-27-2010, 07:59 AM   #351  

S/C/G: 212/192/140

Talking

Good Morning IP friends,
Another challenge tomorrow, my SIL and BIL are having us over for palm sunday dinner tomorrow, and she is making prime rib, not the leanest, but I'll have less that 5oz, she said she would put salad aside for me so I can bring my own dressing, and I'm not sure what veggie besides spuds she is having so I may bring some broccoli or a steam fresh bag of something with me! I know she'll have some fabulous dessert, but I think my cravings have passed.
I had one of the vanilla nut bars last night on the way home from my niece's musical and I had trouble finishing it. I guess that's good!

What is everyone doing for Easter? We are a big Italian family so that means many courses for all holiday dinners and of course it's my turn to cook! I'm making Italian wedding soup, (I'll have the chix soup with spinach in it) for the pasta course, I'll get things ready for the next course, or I may take the broccoli slaw and saute it in oil and garlic and hot pepper flakes, it's "twirlable" , then I'm cooking a ham and a turkey breast, by passing any scalloped or sweet spuds and have asparagus with it and salad, dressings on the side! My SIL is bringing desserts for me, I'll make up a lemon pudding for later! That's my game plan, I'm determined to stick to it!
Time to throw more wash in, BBL
Julie
Old 03-27-2010, 08:07 AM   #352  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

I have been wanting to bring this up and have kept forgetting. This diet makes me cranky!MuayThaiGoddess mentioned it in a recent post. Wondering if anyone else has this problem and know what causes it. I am so pleased with the weight loss but really don't want to walk around in a bad mood all of the time. And you just can't figure out what's wrong...you just feel annoyed. My personality is normally prettty bubbly--and I love to laugh. Just feel kind of off-like I've been told very bad news. What's up with that???
Also, I have been using 5htp for a few years now. It has helped with appetite control a lot. And St. John's Wort is good for mild depression. Now I need To stop
the crankiness. Am I just missing my carbs?????

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 03-27-2010 at 08:10 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:29 AM   #353  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Bev - Just went to Lindora. I see the free shipping for a $100 order but no 25% off. Do I need a coupon code? Thanks.
Hi, Tricia, As far as I can tell, there's no code. It's for online orders only though. I think if you start filling up the order basket, it will automatically give the discount. The last time I ordered it was free shipping, no code required.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:00 AM   #354  

From Novak: "The one thing I did that I had to make an effort to stop, was push foods at my sisters that I would have loved to taste... as though eating vicariously through them. They got stuck with a dessert or two more than they really wanted early on, so I backed off and assured myself I'd get my chance on a future trip."

That's hilarious. Sounds like something I would do.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:10 AM   #355  

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelgal View Post
Good Morning IP friends,
Another challenge tomorrow, my SIL and BIL are having us over for palm sunday dinner tomorrow, and she is making prime rib, not the leanest, but I'll have less that 5oz, she said she would put salad aside for me so I can bring my own dressing, and I'm not sure what veggie besides spuds she is having so I may bring some broccoli or a steam fresh bag of something with me! I know she'll have some fabulous dessert, but I think my cravings have passed.
I had one of the vanilla nut bars last night on the way home from my niece's musical and I had trouble finishing it. I guess that's good!

What is everyone doing for Easter? We are a big Italian family so that means many courses for all holiday dinners and of course it's my turn to cook! I'm making Italian wedding soup, (I'll have the chix soup with spinach in it) for the pasta course, I'll get things ready for the next course, or I may take the broccoli slaw and saute it in oil and garlic and hot pepper flakes, it's "twirlable" , then I'm cooking a ham and a turkey breast, by passing any scalloped or sweet spuds and have asparagus with it and salad, dressings on the side! My SIL is bringing desserts for me, I'll make up a lemon pudding for later! That's my game plan, I'm determined to stick to it!
Time to throw more wash in, BBL
Julie
I'm getting together with my in-laws and extended family on hubby's side. MIL knows I'm on this diet, but I've been asked to bring deviled eggs and Texas sheet cake (cake brownies), as well as fill up the plastic eggs for all the kids with candy for the Easter egg hunt. So I'm going to make a few "special" deviled eggs for myself made with Walden Farms honey dijon dressing. And fill up on the veggies. And remind myself not to lick the beaters when making the cake.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:51 AM   #356  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Default I missed you too yesterday!

Hi MuayThaiGoddess -
Sorry for not posting anything to you yesterday. I didn't feel so good myself so I didn't have a lot of sunshine to share. Funny that you noticed too. My pain was really bad and I was in a funk at work which didn't lift when I came home. Nevermind that everyone on my team has to make up 32 hours of billable time by April 22! Remember that big snow storm in February? Northern VA got 3+ feet of snow and we were closed for 4 days of work. Last week they told me that I need to make up those hours since our client won't be paying us. It's just ridiculous! So instead of going into the office on the weekend (hello I'm a salaried employee, weekends are my time!), I'm educating myself and reading a book relating to what I do. I planned to start that by 8am this morning but I haven't started yet! But I did have my breakfast, do a load of laundry, spot clean the kitchen floor, walk the dog, and feed the cat already! Also I saw the sunrise. But I only got 5.5 hours of sleep. Thank goodness I slept though. If I sleep at all, I'm happy.

This diet is not the devil and you can do it! I feel depressed and cantankerous too! Yesterday my bf said, why are you so moody lately? Ack!!!! But maybe I can make someone else (you!) feel better with something happy and sparkly. Sgt Sparkles to the rescue! LOL I'm a superhero too. I always loved Wonderwoman. Maybe because she was the only female superhero on TV when I was growing up.

I got so stressed out yesterday. The chronic pain is really getting to me and since my bf lives with me, he can see that and experience it. At least if I lived alone I could just do what I wanted and curl in a ball on my bed. Also he was applying for a government job and the application was due at midnight last night and I had to help him with that. Where were people to help me when I was unemployed last year? I realize I'm a paid writer and good at it but... I just don't feel like doing all this all the time. He's so stressed out at his job too. in Nov 2008 he had a pseudo heart attack and had to spend the night in the hospital on Thanksgiving. His doctor told him to GET A NEW JOB or he could die from the stress. Well then he got a promotion and no pay raise and he's still hanging on at that same company. I personally hate that company because hello - they laid me off! So everytime he's out with his coworkers all they talk about is work and I'm like, F THAT! I was swearing a lot yesterday too which I never do and he noticed that too. Ugh I just am overwhelmed and to boot, I feel fat! Maybe I finally have gained those 3 pounds or whatever that come back like a bad ex at the end of the IP diet. One cool thing though - my neighbor needed help with her computer so I went over and helped her. Then she started pulling things out of her closet and telling me I could have them. It was like Christmas morning!!! There were one pair of 3/4 length jeans size 8 and when I put them on, it seemed like they were made for me! They look great! And they even look great over my brace (there's shorts involved in the bracing so really maybe I could wear a smaller size but I need things that fit over it). Oh I asked my chiropractor, who does CBP (Chiropractic BioPhysics), about the upper cervical chiropractic and its effect on scoliosis and he said there is no evidence that adjusting the top of my neck will make the rest of my spine go back into place (I mean it has grown crooked since I discovered I had it at age 10). I wouldn't be adverse to trying it though. I would absolutely have to find one of those chiropractors who is in network with my insurance because I pay cash for the chiropractor now. And of COURSE he was out of town yesterday when I really needed him for some pain relief. I should call the sports massage therapist that I went to once - he's $100 a session (also cash, nothing good is covered by my insurance) but I felt so good afterwards. Maybe I can reward myself with that at the end of next week (for staying on the phase 3 plan). That and I should paint my nails because I am biting them again. I've always been a nail biter my whole life until this winter. I was so afraid of getting swine flu that I washed my hands all the time and stopped biting my nails. Luckily I did not get it even though several of my coworkers had it!

I feel really anxious and stressed. At work yesterday, we had a celebration for getting our CMMI Level 3 (certification for our software processes, like ISO 9001 or something similar) and what did we have in the conference room? A tray of veggies (hooray!) and a tray of crackers and cheese. And beer. Lots of beer in bottles. I really would've liked to have had something to eat or a beer but I just had my bottle of water. Actually I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing (socializing and blabbing) and I drank the whole liter of water in about 40 minutes. The bathroom and I are good buddies, LOL! But my friend who is on the P90X workout plan had 3 beers! Usually we commiserate together about not being able to eat the cake or junk we are having at the office that day for a celebration. I had one piece of celery which was gross because the ends were brown? No idea who thought that was ok to serve. And then at like 5pm I was HUNGRY. I haven't been hungry the whole time I've been on the plan. I mean I was really ravenously hungry. If I were a lion, I would've eaten an entire zebra. I came home and ate WF strawberry jelly. Like the whole rest of the jar. Pretty sure that counts as 6 carbs or something even though the jar says 0. I don't know what's wrong with me! Why was I hungry?!? Such an awful feeling actually. Now I am having all kinds of weird thoughts about food and I'm generally afraid to eat it. I feel like I have an eating disorder or something. Why should I be afraid of a carrot because it has a few carbs? But I am. I wish someone would tell me what the point of phase 3 is and what you're supposed to feel like during it. We all want more information, not less! I guess I'm out of ketosis but I don't know what to do otherwise. I got used to doing the IP phase 1 and then 2. Now I check everything I eat on fitday.com before I eat it to see if it's ok. What is wrong with me, I feel like I'm going crazy! I'd like more guidance from my coach but the sheet Birman posted about phase 3 had more info than my coach. Thanks again Birman! I actually gave it to my coach because there is a specific count on what you should eat for breakfast (fruit- 20g or less carbs, Fat 15 grams, Protein 25+ grams, and the actual carbohydrates/bread should have 30 grams or less of carbs). Why should I have to tell my coach how to do phase 3? Where is this guidance that I've paid for?

Also my bf is really down about the diet. I try to encourage him but it's hard and these last 5 days of me being on phase 3 of the IP diet aren't going to be easy. I'm tired of eating fish and eggs. But I made him dinner yesterday while he was working on his resume. Victory for me! Scrambled eggs and then a stir fry with bean sprouts, broccoli, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, lemon juice, and spring onions. He actually liked it! That makes me happy because we're not on the same page about veggies generally. I just eat everything raw (straight out of the ground/garden if I can get it) and he is really picky and only likes certain ones cooked and I just don't understand it. They all taste good to me. Well except brussels sprouts, I don't think I can eat those raw. But I really like them steamed! They are a little bitter but I keep trying different recipes and hopefully one day I will be able to make them for other people. They are in the 2x a week veggies anyway so it doesn't really matter. I read that a child will like any vegetable if they try it 8 times, but most parents stop after 2-3 times and assume the child doesn't like that veggie. Can you tell I'm going to be feeding my kids veggies straight out of the garden? I remember the first time my mom showed me all the plants in the garden and told me what they were - I think I was 4. She reached down and snapped off a piece of asparagus for me and said, try it! I tasted it and it was so delicious! I think I've liked veggies ever since then. They taste like the earth and the earth tastes good! Heehee, that's why I like wine too, you can taste the earth (terroir) in it.

Does anyone else eat their snack in the afternoon? I was told by my clinic that I MUST eat the snack at night before bedtime so that the body can use that protein at night instead of eating away at the muscle. But now I'm hungry in the afternoon and by the time I eat the nighttime snack it's 11pm. I work until 5:30 or 6 and walk my dog and then make dinner so dinner is usually on the late side too. I think I've had dinner at 6pm or earlier exactly 3 times during this diet. But I've persevered and made it through my afternoons and been victorious in losing the weight! That's my stubborn streak- I'm right there with you Goddess. Can you tell I'm trying to rationalize eating the afternoon snack? But I'll stick to the Phase 3 sheet which lists the snack at the end.

It's so cute that you got your son to drink out of a sippy cup by using it yourself! Awwwww. Also I thought the same thing about those little pre-mixed drinks - they are just the right size for little kids! The straw is so little and cute (and extendable, how novel!). Also those are soooo good. I only had a few of them that came with my starter pack for IP but I really enjoyed them. I think you can get them at netrition or lindora.com for cheaper than through IP, and it's the same product. Better watch your little angel or he will turn into JAWS will get your premade drink box every time. Hahaha I laughed so hard about that.

Sorry this is such a downer post! But I'm really happy with the results of the IP diet (so far) and I fit all my old clothing and I just got several new (to me) articles of clothing from my neighbor and I never would have fit into them before. She has no idea how happy she has made me by giving me some of her old tops and jeans. : I need to concentrate on good thoughts today to lift my mood.

I love socializing with friends/coworkers and now I realize I all eat too much when celebrating. The celebration is about the event or accomplishment, not the food (unless you are on a food show like Top Chef). I don't think I will ever put something into my mouth without thinking again. This diet is really good because it's taught me that. I am also one of those people who sits down at a table for meals. I do that because 1)I tend to spill things, even just drops of olive oil so I never eat at my desk at work because I would probably spill something on myself or the computer 2)my back can't take sitting around slouched trying to eat off of a plate that I'm holding 3)my dog is always interested in my food, and so is the cat, come to think of it! When I eat, I should eat and concentrate on the food. Or if I'm not paying attention, I will have already portioned everything out so I know how much I'm eating. Because again, nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

The cherry blossoms are just starting to bloom. They have burst into bloom over the past few days and it makes me so happy! And the daffodils, crocuses, tulips, forsythia, and magnolia trees. I hope you all have a good Saturday. I am so happy for all the NSVs and scale victories you are all posting!

Goddess - go take your little angel for a walk and enjoy the sunny spring day!

What is 5-HTP for? I have to look into those ZERO Carb Isopure brand too. Sounds good!
Old 03-27-2010, 10:10 AM   #357  

S/C/G: 169/0/130

GoddessI have lost 15lbs total, in 5 weeks (I'm in my 6th now) I lost 9.5 the first week, but I also had strep and couldn't eat anything for 3-4 days. The rep I spoke to said that being sick the first week is probably why the rest of my weeks have been so low with just a lb or 2, and no loss at all last week. He said though that now that I have my info straight my body should level out and I should start losing the 3-5 a week average. But I have consistantly lost inches each week, so I am really happy about that. I've been able to dig out jeans that I haven't worn in over 2 years and they fit comfortably now. I was just hoping things would go faster, cause I hate this diet. LOL! Well, I love that it works, but hate all the deprivation. And I know what you mean about it kinda putting your mood in a funk. I've been kinda depressed and cranky lately too. That makes it so much harder for me, cause before I was always one who would binge on sweets and chocolate whenever I was feeling down. Its a really hard habit to break.

The rep I spoke to was pretty cool. He told me to keep his number in case I have more questions, and he also said that he would set my coaches straight when he meets with them next week regarding their misinformation.

I am dreading Easter. My whole family goes to my parents, and they always have a big meal too like Thanksgiving. I've always been a really picky eater anyway so all I ever ate were the turkey/ham, mashed potatoes, corn and rolls. So yeah, this is gonna suck. I can probably at least do the turkey, but the ham is out of the question. My mom will either get Honey Baked Ham (which I relly hope not, since its my favorite) or she'll buy reg ham and cook it in pineapple and brown sugar. Yep, I'm dreading it. Anyone have a mask like Hannibal I can borrow! LOL!
Old 03-27-2010, 10:16 AM   #358  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Novak - You are so awesome for sticking to the diet on your vacation! LOL about you trying to feed dessert to your sisters. You lost 30 pounds so far! That's so wonderful!

steelgal - sounds like a good game plan! You are wonderful for cooking for everyone and sticking to the diet at the same time.

BevS - isn't it weird not to lick the cake beaters? Good idea on the special deviled eggs. I have some of that WF honey dijon so maybe I'll try it today! Thank you for the idea!

libbyshims - You are 15 pounds away from your goal! Woot! How was the Dress Club outing? Did you enjoy your skinny girl margarita? Love the name of those too!

stacerp - 2.4 pounds is a good loss! Don't get discouraged. You lost 2.4 pounds! 8400 calories. Way to go!

babs181 - See, you coworkers love you! They don't want you to feel left out of the sundae extravaganza. Your frozen pudding with toppings sounds dreamy. Good thinking on that! Also I am sorry I mentioned eczema, so glad to hear it's just poison ivy! I am terribly allergic to it too so thank you for the warning that it's already out in full force.

kdubya - Welcome! You will have great results in the very first week. Stick to the phase 1 sheet that you will be given at your consultation and you will lose those pounds! Glad you joined us on here.

fluffymama - I love my daily coffee too. :

carlashera - What you did sounds like phase 2 - eating cooked protein for lunch and dinner. It should have the same weight loss effect as phase 1. You did a great job at your out of town work event! Pat yourself on the back and don't stress about it. I bet you will lose the same as last week or possibly more! Count it as a victory! You sat down and ate socially at 2 meals each day while sticking to the IP principles. Well done!
Old 03-27-2010, 10:22 AM   #359  
Started IP 2-18-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdubya View Post
Hello everyone! I found this forum while searching for information about the Ideal Protein program. I have read through several posts, and it sounds like you all help support each other quite a bit. I am going to my consultation on Wednesday. I am getting very excited about starting IP. (I guess you could say a little nervous too!) I hope to begin to see results soon after starting this diet. Thanks for allowing me to join your forum! I look forward to posting some good results soon!
Welcome kdubya your gonna love this program and this forum is a god send. You will learn so much from all the posts and the support system is amazing.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:48 AM   #360  

S/C/G: 212/192/140

Hey friends,
I was brousing the posts and someone stated the WF coleslaw dressing was horrible, (glad I didn't get it the ranch & ceasar dressings were bad enough!)
I made coleslaw the other night (regular for the fam) and for me I took the broccoli slaw (picked out ALL the carrot shreds!) mixed WF honey dijon dressing, 1tsp or so of white vinegar and a little splenda and it made a pretty good cole slaw dressing, my daughter tasted it and said she could eat it if the regular wasn't around! just another idea for coleslaw! The asian salad sounds fabulous as well! I didn't think we could have almonds?
Julie
Closed Thread