IP Chat - Week of March 22nd - 28th

You're on Page 21 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: I am hypothyroid too, taking .112 mg levothyroxine daily. I was reading online that when you go into ketosis that your T3 levels drop a lot almost immediately. It's the T3 that makes us have lots of energy and that is what is in Cytomel. I'm not sure what this means for our bodies, though. I seem to have plenty of energy on the diet. I'm just wondering if your doctor would have reduced your Cytomel if he had known you were doing a low-carb diet.
    Has you dose changed any since you have lost 34 lbs???
  • I hit 190 lbs today !Yeah . I can hardly believe it . Only 30 lbs to go ! Im hoping to loose at least 20 more lbs before my husband comes home from Iraq for his R&R in May ! Does anyone know how I change my weight signature tracker ? Im not very computer smart .LOL . Have a blessed day everyone !
  • It seems like all of our different coaches have different rules/inconsistencies? Have you guys noticed this? So I am wondering what is the way we are really supposed to be doing it. Just reading through the last few pages and I've noticed several things different then what I've been told.

1. Blueberry and jello aren't restricted so we can eat them as much as we want, at least once a day to help with loose skin/cellulite even up to 2x's a day if we're really concerned with that.

2. On my regular Phase I sheet, it says you can have a cup of regular coffee with 1 oz skim milk and splenda a day (it lists under breakfast).

3. My coaches told me that the 1 restricted food a day (bars, chili, etc) is in addition to your veggies/dinner protein and 3 other nonrestricted meal items a day

4. My coaches also told me that if I eat the veggies on the list that we can only have 1-2 times a week, then not to eat a restricted item on that day.

5. If you're really hungry you can have up to 5 nonrestricted IP foods a day

So, I'm a picky eater (super picky) and my daily food is no where near as creative as some of the recipes on here. But I'm wondering if some of these conflicts are why I didn't loose at all last week (and don't appear to be this week either, yet)

-In a day I alternate between the Cappaccino Drink, Blueberry Drink, Peach Drink, and EAS Chocolate Drink. Any combination of 3 of these, 1 of them is always the EAS (tryin to save some $$)
    -I have 1 bar - right now its the White Choc. Cinnamon Bar.
    -4 cups of raw green peppers or cucumbers
    -either chicken or sirloin, cooked in olive oil, which I weigh with a scale. with some lettuce either as a salad or lettuce wrap
    -And the last 3 days (per my coach) since I've been so hungry I am also having 2 scrambled eggs with my breakfast IP drink (She said the whole eggs count as 1 out of the 5 total IP drinks I could be having as an extra)

So......I know this is rather lengthy, but maybe those of you who have this mastered could help me figure out if some of what they are telling me is BS??
  • Hey Kelsey

Good luck to you on your weigh in today!

I am in my fourth week and according to my scale at home I am chugging along with losing weight. I carry weight like a true linebacker I don't think I could even get to 135! I would be like a size 2....it is weird how each body is different. My pants (size 16) are start to be too baggy but I am going to wait until I am under 200 to buy 14's. I did buy two sweaters on sale last night in a large and they are actually really comfortable - even in the arms which are usually tight for me.

I really love the way that the weight is coming off from everywhere and not one place. I am a VERY curvy girl so unfortunatley as my waist gets small my butt looks big Oh well

Keep me posted on how you are doing and have a wonderful weekend
  • Quote: Has you dose changed any since you have lost 34 lbs???
    I haven't had it checked yet. I'm due to have it checked soon though. It's been a year since my last prescription was written.
  • Quote: I hit 190 lbs today !Yeah . I can hardly believe it . Only 30 lbs to go ! Im hoping to loose at least 20 more lbs before my husband comes home from Iraq for his R&R in May ! Does anyone know how I change my weight signature tracker ? Im not very computer smart .LOL . Have a blessed day everyone !
    Click on "quick links" above. Then click on "edit signature." Then go down to the url square to the left of the dancing carrot and other smilies. Change the 194 to a 190. Go down to the bottom of the page and click on "save."
  • HopefulTricia
    I am glad I was not the only one that thought week 3 was hard. Thankfully that ended this morning and I am not hungry and full of energy. I do use the bars everyday and wouldn't give them up for anything. Well I guess if I stop losing I will but right now I am happy with the loss.

A few years back I did the No Flour/No Sugar Diet ( I have PCOS) and dropped 80 pounds in a year. I kept it off for 3 years and then sadly I cheated once, then twice, then cheated for 2 years and gained 70 of the 80 pounds back.

I now know this will be my last diet!

Have a great weekend HopefulTricia and Everyone else in IP Land
  • Quote: It seems like all of our different coaches have different rules/inconsistencies? Have you guys noticed this? So I am wondering what is the way we are really supposed to be doing it. Just reading through the last few pages and I've noticed several things different then what I've been told.

1. Blueberry and jello aren't restricted so we can eat them as much as we want, at least once a day to help with loose skin/cellulite even up to 2x's a day if we're really concerned with that.

2. On my regular Phase I sheet, it says you can have a cup of regular coffee with 1 oz skim milk and splenda a day (it lists under breakfast).

3. My coaches told me that the 1 restricted food a day (bars, chili, etc) is in addition to your veggies/dinner protein and 3 other nonrestricted meal items a day

4. My coaches also told me that if I eat the veggies on the list that we can only have 1-2 times a week, then not to eat a restricted item on that day.

5. If you're really hungry you can have up to 5 nonrestricted IP foods a day

So, I'm a picky eater (super picky) and my daily food is no where near as creative as some of the recipes on here. But I'm wondering if some of these conflicts are why I didn't loose at all last week (and don't appear to be this week either, yet)

-In a day I alternate between the Cappaccino Drink, Blueberry Drink, Peach Drink, and EAS Chocolate Drink. Any combination of 3 of these, 1 of them is always the EAS (tryin to save some $$)
    -I have 1 bar - right now its the White Choc. Cinnamon Bar.
    -4 cups of raw green peppers or cucumbers
    -either chicken or sirloin, cooked in olive oil, which I weigh with a scale. with some lettuce either as a salad or lettuce wrap
    -And the last 3 days (per my coach) since I've been so hungry I am also having 2 scrambled eggs with my breakfast IP drink (She said the whole eggs count as 1 out of the 5 total IP drinks I could be having as an extra)

So......I know this is rather lengthy, but maybe those of you who have this mastered could help me figure out if some of what they are telling me is BS??
    1. Same, but I hear it has been recently updated. Not sure.

2. Same

3. B.S. It's included in the 3 allowed per day.

4. Probably B.S. You can have up to 4 cups total of the restricted vegetables for the week, in any combination, also counted as part of your 4 cups daily. Nothing to do with the IP packets.

5. We were told for the first week only we could have 1 extra packet, so 3-4 packets daily. After that first week, try to tough it out with only 3. However, I think if you're going to cheat with something, an IP packet is a better choice than most.

I think our bodies get used to our doing the same diet every day. Sometimes it helps to lose weight if you switch things up a bit. More calories one day, less the next, different foods, etc.
  • Quote: White food...The drinks, the puddings, the soups, the jello (except you are only suppose to have the jello and the blueberry/cranberry/pomegranate drink every 3rd day according to my coach)
    Perhaps the reason your coach said to use the gelatin and collagen products only every third day is because collagen and gelatin do not contain all the essential amino acids. Dr. Tran Tien warned against sole collagen and gelatin diets in his book, for this reason.
  • Analysis of IP Vitamins vs the vitamins I purchased
    WyoSun -
    I just put my analysis of the vitamins I bought into a Word Doc and attached it. I emailed this to the girls at the clicnic that I go to, and they in turn had to ask the coach's coach who said since the vitamins have not been proven to work on IP, I can't use them. Well I think that is BS since Mag is mag right? Also I like to know what I'm putting into my body and I like to choose what I put into my body.

So here is my attachment on what I bought. I saved a lot of $ but I think maybe I could have saved more on ourhealthcoop.com. Someone in FL said that their vitamins come from there and that the regional IP rep approved them. Whoever that is, would you please chime in here and tell us exactly what you are ordering and what has been approved by the IP rep? I like to do my own analysis and I don't have time to look at everything on ourhealthcoop.com and do the same analysis I did with iHerb.com's offerings. Well I will have the time eventually, but it's not today!

So here's the stuff I ordered:
    Omega-3
    http://www.iherb.com/Natural-Factors...gels/4251?at=0

Multi-vitamins:
    http://www.iherb.com/Two-Per-Day-Tab...abs/22237?at=0

Calcium-Magnesium:
    http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Calci...tgels/461?at=0
    You take 3 of these a day instead of 4 but the pills are as big as the Omega-3 pills. Just a warning if you don't like large pills.

I'm still on the IP Potassium-Calcium since there are a lot in that bottle. I did buy two powders to replace each element but haven't had to use them yet. Read the Word doc if you are interested in that!

I also started taking the IP Enzymes 2 weeks ago since my bf bought them. I just steal 2 a day from him. What a great guy! I'm trying to find a comparable enzyme somewhere. I'll let you know what I find. Also attaching a Word Doc I made with the nutrition info for the IP Enzymes, since I couldn't find it anywhere! It's better for us to have more info rather than less, right?

Good job everybody on your victories! It's so inspiring and uplifting to hear!

• Quote: Thank you for the advice! I will have to order some of the puddings next week to see if that helps. In the mean time I am going to try using celery when I get hungry or some dill pickles ( I found some with 0 carbs). Last week I used an additionl packet and still lost weight but this week I am trying not to do that. That could be the difference. I hope the end of the week will be easier but I guess it should be hard so I appreciate when I lose

I always say "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"!

I know 165 doesn't sound like someone's dream weight but believe it or not when I am that weight (even at 5' 4") I am in a size 10. Is anyone else out there a LINEBACKER like me?
    I totally am!!!! I love when people describe me as solid I am shooting for 160. That looks good on my frame. I am usually a size 10 also then, but with the way that this is reshaping my body, it could be less this time
  • Quote: [B]
    So here is my attachment on what I bought. I saved a lot of $ but I think maybe I could have saved more on ourhealthcoop.com. Someone in FL said that their vitamins come from there and that the regional IP rep approved them. Whoever that is, would you please chime in here and tell us exactly what you are ordering and what has been approved by the IP rep? I like to do my own analysis and I don't have time to look at everything on ourhealthcoop.com and do the same analysis I did with iHerb.com's offerings. Well I will have the time eventually, but it's not today!
    Hi, Cinnamon Sparkles:

I'm pretty sure that was me you are speaking of (but I'm in Ohio). This was my original post:

I'm buying most of my supplements from www.ourhealthcoop.com: fish oil, 1000 mg, 180 softgels @$7.95; liquid calcium (calcium with magnesium, boron and D3), 300 mg, 100 softgels @$6.47; and multi-vites (no iron), 60 tablets @$3.99. You can buy an alternative potassium source from Lindora. They have potassium tablets, 120 for $5. You're supposed to take two tablets per day. I can't tell from the picture how many milligrams are in each. The supplements from Our Health Coop were actually in my IP quick-start kit so they were approved by the regional IP rep.

So those that were in my IP quick-start package were the fish oil, liquid calcium, and multi-vites from Our Health Co-op.
  • Wow, I had a heckuva week!! I had to go out of town for a conference with 4 people I work with. (Reminder- I haven't told anyone I'm on this diet) First thing we do is stop to eat dinner. Luckily it was at Applebee's so I did well, although they just couldn't understand why I wasn't eating any of the appetizer. I figured I better come clean with my roommate right away and she was cool with it and very interested. The breakfasts were easy because I could just eat first in my room and completely avoid the pastry and muffin selection. Lunch was harder. They usher you into a room and you sit and they serve The first day was pretty much Thanksgiving dinner!! I ate my salad calmly and thought I can't not eat, so I ate the Turkey and pushed my plate away. I figured that was a good choice, but I also know I had to eat dinner with my co-workers that night too. I ordered chicken breast and broccoli for dinner and then went back to the hotel and took a 2 mile walk by myself. The worst thing I did was eat double the meat I was supposed to in the 2 days that I was out of town.

I should probably see that as an accomplishment, but I still feel a little guilty. I don't want it to hinder the progress I have made. I'm finally home and now I can follow the plan like I should. It was a good learning experience that you can go out of town and still stay committed.

I've missed coming to the board! I'm glad I'm back

• Quote: I am hypothyroid too, taking .112 mg levothyroxine daily. I was reading online that when you go into ketosis that your T3 levels drop a lot almost immediately. It's the T3 that makes us have lots of energy and that is what is in Cytomel. I'm not sure what this means for our bodies, though. I seem to have plenty of energy on the diet. I'm just wondering if your doctor would have reduced your Cytomel if he had known you were doing a low-carb diet.
    My Doctor does know, in fact I gave him a copy of the diet. He doesn't know I went down from 25mcg to 20. I had my blood work done this morning and I see him a week from today. The reason I reduced the Cytomel is because on 3/11 I had my Biomeridian testing. Its not common in the U.S. (because insurance companies don't want to pay for it) but doctors in Europe use it as a diagnostic tool. Its a computer program that determines which organs, minerals, hormones and foods stress or weaken your body, as well as determinging allergies. The computer showed that I was a little hyperthyroid and that 20mcg would balance me.

I still have a lot of energy, but I feel better.

I've never really gotten into ketosis, even when I was heavy duty into Adkins several years ago. My loss is slow but steady, about 2lbs a week.
  • Quote: Just wondering where I can get the Cal-mag vitamins without paying such high prices. I have looked around this site and can't find that info. Thanks for the help.
    Nature's Bounty makes a Calcium Magnesium Zinc vitamin with vitimin D I can't remember how much it cost but I know it was less than IP. The small bottle has 100 caplets and it also comes in a larger bottle. I get them at Shoprite don't know if there is one by you. You can probably google Nature's Bounty and order them online.