IP Chat - Week of March 22nd - 28th

You're on Page 19 of 34
Go to
  • Quote:
    Just caught up on all the reading.

I am struggling a little though. I am now on my 7th week and have lost a total of 17.4 lbs. The problem is, I am not averaging out to 3lbs a week at all. I really wanted to reach my goal weight (or 26.6lbs more) by my birthday in May. How likely do you guys think it might be at this rate?
    Sarkbait - yes, I think you will get to your 26.6 pound or more goal by May! I'm a slow loser - it's taken me 10 weeks and my total lost is exactly 23 pounds. Last week was .4 pounds and the week before was 1 pound! So... Hang in there. If you can, be really strict with the Phase 1 sheet. Don't eat the extra 2x a week veggies. I didn't during phase 1. Also I drink a LOT of water. 8 cups is not nearly enough in my opinion. Others may disagree, but I found that when I only drank the 8 cup minimum, I didn't feel good. Don't know about the weight flucuation depending on water consumption per day because I do not own a scale (sin!). I have started taking the digestive enzymes too which seem to help. Also, I ate most of my veggies raw so that I would, uh, not be constipated. No idea if any of this helps you but since we're both slow about losing weight, I thought I'd share what I did. I really couldn't believe that one week I only lost 1 pound! I never cheated! Mom22's post said the same thing happened to her- 1 pound is a measly little bugger of a pound to pay all this money to lose! But you WILL lose it, I know it! Also I drink decaf coffee (1 cup a day). The coach said it was ok but I know it's still a diuretic. Birman drinks decaf coffee too. How many more weeks until your birthday? You have 9.2 pounds to lose so... If you have 4 more weeks, I think you will make it to that magic number! But also remember that your body might just be as small as you want it to be BEFORE you get to your goal weight. I don't know if you want that # or if you want to fit into a certain size or some article of clothing that you love which doesn't fit anymore... I wanted to fit into all my old clothes again, so the number was secondary. They fit before I got to the goal weight. I'm sure you will look smokin hot for your birthday regardless of what number the scale tells you! You can do it! Hang in there. I know how you feel. You will get there. Take it one week at a time and your body will keep getting smaller and smaller and then your birthday will arrive! And that's the best birthday present you can give to yourself - health!

Please keep posting when you feel down and I will encourage you as much as I can! You are empowered and you are great! Have you given yourself a reward yet for losing 17.4 pounds? I think you should. Get a manicure, buy some makeup, have a bubble bath with nice smelling bubbles... Whatever floats your boat. You've done great and stuck with it for 7 weeks and 17.4 pounds is a lot of weight! Imagine if you were still carrying it around. You've done great so far and your body is thanking you already. Hang in there and I hope you have sweet dreams and a happy day tomorrow!
  • Quote: After losing about 33 pounds I've decided to take a break - I've been really tired, sluggish, and have had some memory issues. Maybe if I take a break it will get better (still eating healthy, just not using IP)
    I think taking a break is a good idea. If your body is missing some nutrient, it can replenish. Taking a break can help burst plateaus and change setpoints. Your motivation level can recharge as well. When you're ready to do IP again, it will still be there.
  • Quote: Also I drink decaf coffee (1 cup a day). The coach said it was ok but I know it's still a diuretic.
    I don't think it is, CinnamonSparkles.
  • great!
    Quote: Thanks MauyThaiGoddess I want to believe it is all good because I really love this diet. I try not to think about how well it is going and just take a day at a time.
    What you said makes sense-- and explains why I really am not very hungry. That's the part that baffles me really. How are we eating such a low number of calories and not starving?? I have done diets where I've eaten a whole lot more and couldn't get through the day without a cheat.
    So, it's great to think our bodies are eating away all that fat! Right now I am staring at 2 Easter baskets I just made. Not even tempted to touch the homemade Chocolate Easter bunnies...gotta love this diet. And I haven't had dinner yet either! In other words, it's the time of day when we are hungriest...bring on the veggies.

Good for you!! thats an NSV right there- easter baskets and no struggle! I know, isn't it a comforting thought that our body is feasting on our fat reserves.... talk about convienent... I don't even have to eat most of the calories! ha!
  • Quote: Just wondering where I can get the Cal-mag vitamins without paying such high prices. I have looked around this site and can't find that info. Thanks for the help.
    What is the calcium and magnesium content amount of the IP supplement?
  • Quote:
    Just wondering where I can get the Cal-mag vitamins without paying such high prices. I have looked around this site and can't find that info. Thanks for the help.
    WyoSun - I got mine at iHerb.com. They are not exactly the same but they work for me. They have calcium, magnesium, and Vit D. My clinic said that I can't take them but I didn't listen. I mean really! I did a bunch of analysis of what I would be taking (multi-vitamin from iherb, omega 3 from iherb which has exactly the same ingredients, and the Calcium-Magnesium) and I figured it out that it would be almost exactly the same if I take 2 of the NOW Cal-Mag I bought. I think it's Now brand. The big bottle they came in is bright orange. Do a search or I can send you the info tomorrow. Some people get things at myhealthcoop or ourhealthcoop too, one of those.
  • hmmm. I think I concur
    Quote: I don't think it is, CinnamonSparkles.
    Hmmm... I was thinking the same thing... that DECAF coffee is not a diuretic because I believe the caffeine is the chemical that makes you urinate more... making you more dehydrated... so technically I would think decaf would be a better way to go.
  • Birman - you are my shining star! So decaf isn't a diuretic then. I think I need to relax a little I feel like I'm going crazy lately.

Uevette - I have made it all the way to phase 3! Thank you for your compliment!

Vijcul - I wouldn't worry about eating the restricted bar. I think if you weigh more than 200 pounds to start off, you are allowed to have 1 extra protein packet anyway per day (I remember hearing that at the IP seminar I went to at the beginning). If you are losing and you want those bars, eat them. Don't worry or feel confused. I asked specifically if the restricted stuff will make the weight loss slower and I never did get an answer from my coach's coach (my coach is new at this). You lost 4 pounds in 5 days or the other way round? That's quite a lot and a quick loss. Do what you are doing for a while and change it up if the loss gets slower. Or try a chocolate pudding. My bf just tried one and he said, "Wow! I wouldn't need a bar everyday if I ate this!" He's lactose intolerant so he was afraid to try the pudding due to the ingredients. But now I think he's going to order some chocolate pudding since he knows it won't make his stomach upset. I am rambling, sorry... But I really love the chocolate pudding. Have you tried it? I like the vanilla too.

Jordanna - Oh I am so bummed to hear that the 5th ingredient was sugar. It may not affect you, depends on how much was in it. You try so hard and you do so well! Doesn't your family know you can't have sugar? You'd better tell them. My mom made me so sick at Thanksgiving because she used chicken broth in some casserole. I hadn't eaten chicken in 10 or 11 years and my stomach was so upset. I thought I just ate too much (the whole weekend every single day). She gave me the recipe for the casserole and that's how I found out she used chicken broth in it. She KNOWS I don't eat chicken!!! Tell your family that you can't have any sugar and they should check ingredients and know what they are offering you. They sound supportive and loving. I think they'll understand. Don't sweat it, it was a mistake. Maybe there wasn't enough to throw you out of ketosis anyway. I'll cross my fingers for you! : Sending some good vibes your way.

MuayThaiGoddess - Loved your post! I am getting tired so I'd better go to bed to sleep. I'll respond tomorrow! Hope we both sleep well tonight. I'm glad you are researching everything, including colleges so you can go back to school. How exciting!! Goodnight!
  • New Years Resolution
    Quote: Looks soo good and quick too!!!
    OMG you actually kept a New Years Resolution??? I'm so proud of you!!!! Not many folks manage to do that!!! I sorta stopped making them because I never followed through on them and it just gave me something to feel guilty about...who need that right!!! Well you seem to have not only kept the NYR but you are excelling at it!!
    Thanks again for taking the time to share this!!! :-)
    Uvettee-- haha!! Yeah right! I am exactly the same way- except a few years ago i made a new years resolution to never make a new years resolution ever again- and I've been keeping mine ever since! LOL!!
  • Vit D 260 IU
    Calcium 600 mg
    Mag 300 mg
    Zinc 20 mg

Thanks Cinnamon Sparkles....Mag is Mag is Mag.
  • good idea
    Quote: Had my first weigh in today lost 4 pounds in four days as I just started the program on Monday. I picked up all my packages on Friday. I am bit confused as my coach said I could have one of the restricted foods daily. I am really enjoying the bars and have had one everyday. I did not buy anymore as I do not want to hinder my weight loss.
    Vicjul,
    I personally think that was a good idea, to not buy anymore bars, best to not keep them in the house. your first week will be your biggest loss, with the water loss in the beginning with the sugar detox, and if you get used to the bars the weight loss will be slower coming off because of the higher carbs. I would see if you can do it without them. In the beginning it was REALLY HARD for me but this thread kept me going and now, i really don't miss or even want one of those bars any days and I'm glad because that just makes it easier for me to lose weight. But on the flip side, if you're going nuts- like *Sparkles* says go ahead and have it, don't hold it against yourself. I'm just stubborn and committed to being on phase one as short a period of time as possible. But youve already lost 4 pounds thats awesome!! I'm excited to see what numbers you will put up without the bars!! good for you for making the decision to not buy them-- awesome discipline!! This diet is incredible and will work if you follow it- everytime!! So be excited because victory awaits!! **Goddess
  • Sarkbait
    Quote: Just caught up on all the reading.

I am struggling a little though. I am now on my 7th week and have lost a total of 17.4 lbs. The problem is, I am not averaging out to 3lbs a week at all. I really wanted to reach my goal weight (or 26.6lbs more) by my birthday in May. How likely do you guys think it might be at this rate?
    Sarkbait,
    I think that you CAN reach your goal.... BTW is your birthday at the end of may or at the beginning...? As you will have a higher success rate if it is at the end.... I think you can but you might have to re-evaluate some of the things that you are doing and change somethings to make sure that the diet is working at its maximum potenital. If you want maximum results you will have to put in maximum effort and make sure to mind the details. What exactly are you doing now? What are your daily meals like and at what times? do you exercise at all? do you drink at least 12 cups of water a day? are you eating any restricted foods? Alot of coffee or diet drinks?

My birthday is JUNE 7th! So I'm also looking to lose AT LEAST 30 pounds by then and I really think I will, we can root for each other. I'd love to help in any way I can- I love to research and problem solve!! Let me know!!
    Quote: Sarkbait,
    I think that you CAN reach your goal.... BTW is your birthday at the end of may or at the beginning...? As you will have a higher success rate if it is at the end.... I think you can but you might have to re-evaluate some of the things that you are doing and change somethings to make sure that the diet is working at its maximum potenital. If you want maximum results you will have to put in maximum effort and make sure to mind the details. What exactly are you doing now? What are your daily meals like and at what times? do you exercise at all? do you drink at least 12 cups of water a day? are you eating any restricted foods? Alot of coffee or diet drinks?

My birthday is JUNE 7th! So I'm also looking to lose AT LEAST 30 pounds by then and I really think I will, we can root for each other. I'd love to help in any way I can- I love to research and problem solve!! Let me know!!

you did mean that you want to lose 26 more pounds in addition to the 17 pounds youve already lost by your birthday in may right? or did you mean you want to reach 26 pounds-- because by what I understand-- I think you want to loose an additional 26 pounds for your birthday...
  • Thanks Cinnamon Sparkles and MauyThaiGoddess your advise is greatly appreciated. I only have two bars left I am having one today and the other tomorrow. Sun - Thurs I won't be having any. I have tried the chocolate pudding and vanilla I really like them both. I have purchased the ready made chocolate drink and more pudding. Today I am trying the omelet and added some broccoli.
  • Quote: I was given a sheet that has what are IP foods are in the category of white, green & blue foods. The blue I don't think I can even have in Phase 1. White food...The drinks, the puddings, the soups, the jello (except you are only suppose to have the jello and the blueberry/cranberry/pomegranate drink every 3rd day according to my coach)
    The bars, the chips, the chili, crepes, choc pancake are examples of green foods. Phase 1 2 whites and 1 green a day plus veggies, lettuce & 5 oz meat (7oz fish).
    Thanks, Uvettee, mine weren't color coded so that makes things clearer. Also, having the jello or pomegranate drink every 3rd day must be something new cause I was told to do one every day to avoid loose skin. Although I admit I haven't done so--they're not among my favorites.

Does anyone know if there's a certain amount of carbs in an item before it's considered restricted. I'm wondering because I use some low-carb alternatives to IP. Also, do any of you count net carbs instead of total carbs? I know this isn't part of IP's protocol. Just wondering.