3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Chat - Week of March 15 - 21st (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/196805-ip-chat-week-march-15-21st.html)

RJC 03-15-2010 06:30 PM

IP Chat - Week of March 15 - 21st

Other thread is getting LARGE again. Not sure who usually starts/locks these threads but thought I'd start this one!

carlasherea 03-15-2010 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJC (Post 3202048)
Other thread is getting LARGE again. Not sure who usually starts/locks these threads but thought I'd start this one!

Well Hey! Someone has to start these things. Good Job:)

Heading to my first workout class since starting IP:carrot: I'm hoping I have enough energy to do it. I feel great right now, but you never know once you start exerting energy. I have 1/2 hr hip hop dance (which means I rest every 4 to 5 min) and then 1 hr of firming and toning on the stability ball. I guess we'll see:)

yinyang 03-15-2010 11:14 PM

Thanks to everyone for the info on aspartame. Something to check into.

Tonight I printed out two "inspiration" pictures that I saw from a recent vacation. I was horrified when I saw how fat and old and awful I looked. If I get a weak moment and want to go off program, a look at those pics should bring me back in line!

What little reminders do you use to keep on track and stop the evil thoughts to eat off the program?

MuayThaiGoddess 03-16-2010 12:23 AM

okay so are we talking on this one or the last one? i just made a big post on the last one but should i put it on this thread?

MuayThaiGoddess 03-16-2010 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yinyang (Post 3202495)
Thanks to everyone for the info on aspartame. Something to check into.

Tonight I printed out two "inspiration" pictures that I saw from a recent vacation. I was horrified when I saw how fat and old and awful I looked. If I get a weak moment and want to go off program, a look at those pics should bring me back in line!

What little reminders do you use to keep on track and stop the evil thoughts to eat off the program?

Well, it seems your new to the program like me? Well I used to be on other diets similar to IP where the main mechanism for fat burn was ketosis, and its a big deal when you slip up with a carb over load- you have to detox again and have ZERO FAT BURN for three days- maybe all just for a chocolate chip cookie- three days for one cookie? but that may not be enough motivation... sometimes its not for me, so i constantly have to make deals with myself- usually if I REALLY WANT SOMETHING i am hungry- so Ill say I'll make some broccolli and my IP pack and maybe put 1 TB of shredded cheese on the broccolli as a treat ( it has zero carbs and like 35 calories in it and it will not pull you out of ketosis- i know this for a fact- i still don't understand why we can't have it but anywho...) and usually i don't want anything after that... sometimes ill buy myself a new dressing with 0 or 1 carb in it for special occasions and use it when i am feeling deprived... and if that doesn't work- ill say- okay ill go on a walk and if that doesn't make me feel better THEN ill let myself have a cookie... anywho it motivates me to do everything possible to keep from cheating and it almost always works.ill never DENY myself anything- just make compromises or deals with myself and it usually passes. Also as you make more positive changes while your on the diet you will begin to associate that lifestyle with IP, as opposed to the lifestyle you had before which will give you more incentive to stay on track. but sometimes... we all detour... just do the best you can!!! thats what im doing!

Momto4darlings 03-16-2010 01:48 AM

Hi everyone! First off I want to say how much I have enjoyed reading this forum and the past IP weekly forums. You are all a great bunch of people.
I joined IP almost 3 weeks ago. My first 2 weigh-in's I lost 5 and 5 respectively, and weigh-in #3 is tomorrow. I haven't had a slip in the 3 weeks I have been doing this and I feel great. No hunger and no cravings. What an awesome diet. I had all but given up hope of losing weight until a friend told me about this program. Today is my birthday and I am very proud as I didn't cheat and my evening snack was a chocolate muffin made from the chocolate pancake mix.:celebrate: My daughters and husband ate theirs with ice cream, but I just enjoyed the taste of willpower!! I'm in the zone and look forward to doing this with all of you. Thanks for the great posts.

PS How do I subscribe to this forum, and how do I add the weight loss ticker?

MuayThaiGoddess 03-16-2010 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto4darlings (Post 3202640)
Hi everyone! First off I want to say how much I have enjoyed reading this forum and the past IP weekly forums. You are all a great bunch of people.
I joined IP almost 3 weeks ago. My first 2 weigh-in's I lost 5 and 5 respectively, and weigh-in #3 is tomorrow. I haven't had a slip in the 3 weeks I have been doing this and I feel great. No hunger and no cravings. What an awesome diet. I had all but given up hope of losing weight until a friend told me about this program. Today is my birthday and I am very proud as I didn't cheat and my evening snack was a chocolate muffin made from the chocolate pancake mix.:celebrate: My daughters and husband ate theirs with ice cream, but I just enjoyed the taste of willpower!! I'm in the zone and look forward to doing this with all of you. Thanks for the great posts.

PS How do I subscribe to this forum, and how do I add the weight loss ticker?

you can subscribe by going to the top of the thread where it says Thread Options I think and it has an option to subscribe to the thread and just click on that- its the first one on the thread bar on the top. And you can't add the weight loss ticker until you have at least 24 posts- youre a junior member until then- so start typing girl!!!:D and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Mystical Mamma 03-16-2010 07:22 AM

Wow - so many great weigh in results this week and super NSV's!! Weigh to Go everyone!

And a big congrats to all those who entered Onederland! Yahoo!!!!

Had a few of my own NSV's this weekend.

1) Went through closets and dressers and purged 3 very large garbage bags of clothes that are way too big for me! YAYYY!!!! Donated them to someone on freecycle! Felt awesome!

2) Bought a few items of clothing to hold me over and had a really hard time finding my correct size! After a few tries, finally settled on a relaxed 18 or snug 16 pants and XL shirts! YESSSS!!! This from a 3X shirt and size 22-24 pant!

What a great feeling to fit into smaller clothes and feel good about myself!

Mystical Mamma 03-16-2010 07:29 AM

quick comment about using the puddings or cappuccino with coffee. I do this every morning and they are delish! (I like to use the choc pudding rather then the cocoa as it has fewer carbs and less sodium.) I mix it in large coffee mug with cold water (use more water for the pudding to make it less thick) heat in microwave for 1 minute, then add in my coffee. Never lumpy - always great! However I did try using hot water first before, and was a total disaster. The product separated and actually looked like it curdled. Not appetizing at all!

Mystical Mamma 03-16-2010 07:34 AM

Tried the MIracle Noodles the other night. The verdict is still out on them. Didn't taste bad, but the texture was a little gross! Bought 4 packages so will have to suck it up and get creative! lol! Was a good filler though for nominal carbs and calories. Just one little tip - do not smell the product before you rinse them. One word - DISGUSTING!!! lol!

BlueMermaid 03-16-2010 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma (Post 3202749)
Wow - so many great weigh in results this week and super NSV's!! Weigh to Go everyone!

1) Went through closets and dressers and purged 3 very large garbage bags of clothes that are way too big for me! YAYYY!!!! Donated them to someone on freecycle! Felt awesome!

2) Bought a few items of clothing to hold me over and had a really hard time finding my correct size! After a few tries, finally settled on a relaxed 18 or snug 16 pants and XL shirts! YESSSS!!! This from a 3X shirt and size 22-24 pant!

Hi Kris,

That is terrific you are in smaller clothes. I bet you look wonderful. I need to do some purging myself. It is so hard to buy new clothes because you have been used to shopping for the bigger sizes. Definitely don't assume anything fits anymore, try it on because it may be too big. :cb:

BlueMermaid 03-16-2010 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma (Post 3202755)
Tried the MIracle Noodles the other night. The verdict is still out on them. Didn't taste bad, but the texture was a little gross! Bought 4 packages so will have to suck it up and get creative! lol! Was a good filler though for nominal carbs and calories. Just one little tip - do not smell the product before you rinse them. One word - DISGUSTING!!! lol!

I use the miracle noodles in the chili to make it look like more. Rinse, rinse and rinse again. I have the angel hair ones so I cut them up in small pieces and then I pat them dry with paper towels. I add them to the chili and boil for about 5 minutes. I also do them with stir fry but that requires some soy sauce to flavor them up. They have to cook in something absorbable to have any flavor. Good Luck!

BlueMermaid 03-16-2010 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuayThaiGoddess (Post 3202649)
you can subscribe by going to the top of the thread where it says Thread Options I think and it has an option to subscribe to the thread and just click on that- its the first one on the thread bar on the top. And you can't add the weight loss ticker until you have at least 24 posts- youre a junior member until then- so start typing girl!!!:D and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I saw your big post and will try to respond later. I better head to the shower or I will be late for work!

Have an "IDEAL" day everyone! Hang in there!

BlueMermaid 03-16-2010 08:06 AM

stacerp
That is funny! How did you hear about it, BlueMermaid? The only differences I saw were that they encourage a once-a-week cheat and they have a liquid supplement (enzymes I think). Looks like the exact same protein packs. They even talk about Dr. Chann (sp?)

That is how I found it, I googled Dr. Tran Chann.

stacerp 03-16-2010 08:25 AM

Just trying out my siggy. I finally got to add my ticker!

Hockey Mom23 03-16-2010 09:06 AM

Weigh in today at 11:30. It feels like I'm not losing, but when I checked at home I'm down again. It's strange, I told my husband other than my clothes being lose (and my work pants are practically falliing off) I don't feel any different yet. Well....I feel healthier and I'm sleeping better, but I don't feel smaller yet. *sigh* This too will come, I know. Funny how I want it to all be right now!

sassykimann 03-16-2010 09:25 AM

Good Morning everyone! Just popping online before heading out for a hike with my FH and the dog. Its our last day of our mini vacation and the weather is so incredible that I want to take advantage of it before heading back to work tomorrow.

I had my Week 2 WI and I lost 4 pounds. Im happy with that result since all week I was up and down. Im beinging measured tomorrow so Im excited to see how many inches have been lost. I tried on a pair of pants that I couldn't even get done up and they are loose so I know this diet works.

Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and suggestions, it sure helped. Here's to a great week 3 for me and a wonderful week for you all.

KImAnn

***Week 1 -14 pounds
***Week 2- 4 pounds

Only 51 pounds more to lose before Im a smokin hot bride on Sept 18*****

Chaplains wifey 03-16-2010 09:26 AM

Following

I have been on this diet for almost 9 weeks now and have lost 50 lbs . I still have 40 lbs to loose . I have been following this chat site but have not posted anything till now . My husband is a chaplain in the army and has been deployed to Iraq for the last 6 months and will be returning for his R&R in May for two weeks . I am hoping to loose another 20 lbs by then . I have gone from a size 22 to a size 14 . This site has been great . My coach pretty much weighs me and sells the food . No body fat or anything like that .Im starting at the gym this week and a little nervous about that . Glad to be here ! Everyone is doing great !:carrot:

HopefulTricia 03-16-2010 10:20 AM

Chaplains wifey-- 9 weeks and 50 lbs. Way to Go!!
Your husband will be shocked, won't he? You must feel wonderful.

Still hoping some creative person will tell me what to do with my WF peanut butter and jelly. Without bread, I am lost...

floorshine 03-16-2010 10:28 AM

Hey there everyone

I have been reading this site for awhile now and decided to join IP. I am getting married in July and would like to lose 30-40 pounds by then. I have 60 pounds to lose total but i am setting a realistic goal i think for july. My first weigh in I lost 9.4 pounds which i think is fantastic. My second weigh in is on friday. I know it is unhealthy but i am constantly going on the scale everyday( maybe multiple times a day) to see how much i weigh and this week i seem to be going up and down. I havent cheated at all which im really happy about. Ive had no craving and i feel like i have tons of energy. I am glad i found people who are in the same boat as i am. I am finding it very encouaging to read all your posts.

Chaplains wifey 03-16-2010 11:14 AM

He knows Im loosing weight but I dont think he really knows how much and how diffrent I look . Im very excited for our reuinion in May ! Im not sure about the WF peanutbutter and Jelly . Ive heard that people put it on their pancakes and crepes .I havnt tried it . Good luck !

Chaplains wifey 03-16-2010 11:15 AM

Does anyone know what we can take for a sore throat and cold symptoms on this diet ? Not feeling to well today but afraid to take anything . Thanks .

carlasherea 03-16-2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floorshine (Post 3202995)
Hey there everyone

I have been reading this site for awhile now and decided to join IP. I am getting married in July and would like to lose 30-40 pounds by then. I have 60 pounds to lose total but i am setting a realistic goal i think for july. My first weigh in I lost 9.4 pounds which i think is fantastic. My second weigh in is on friday. I know it is unhealthy but i am constantly going on the scale everyday( maybe multiple times a day) to see how much i weigh and this week i seem to be going up and down. I havent cheated at all which im really happy about. Ive had no craving and i feel like i have tons of energy. I am glad i found people who are in the same boat as i am. I am finding it very encouaging to read all your posts.

I think weighing everyday can be very hurtful to your diet. I for one would get very discouraged if I kept seeing that I was going up and then down when I know that I am eating like I am supposed to and following the plan. Seeing numbers go up would make me want to cheat because "Its not working anyway!" I am committed to only weighing at my Doctor's office. I haven't had my weigh in yet, I go tomorrow:dizzy: I am hoping there is a loss on the scale, but if not "THE SCALE LIES, TRUST YOUR SIZE"

I can tell the difference in all my clothes:carrot:

jordanna 03-16-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma (Post 3202749)

Congrats Kris - doesn't it feel amazing to fit into smaller clothes!! I had the same NSV this week too and I keep slipping on my jeans and marvel that they do up!!

Quote:

Ya the noodles are alright hey....not amazing but not terrible. I put them in stir fries, kind of chopped up and they aren't so bad :)

jordanna 03-16-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey (Post 3203107)
Does anyone know what we can take for a sore throat and cold symptoms on this diet ? Not feeling to well today but afraid to take anything . Thanks .

My coach says to use sepocol throat spray (sorry if I'm not spelling it right)

babs181 03-16-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HopefulTricia (Post 3202979)

Still hoping some creative person will tell me what to do with my WF peanut butter and jelly. Without bread, I am lost...

I put the jelly on crepes, and though I'm not a fan of peanut butter and celery, my boyfriend eats regular pb with celery, in fact that's the only way he'll eat celery.

On a side note I have to bring in a dish for a office birthday celebration at the end of the week, the theme is mexican, I was racking my brains, then said, ooh, taco salad, I can eat that, i'll make regular taco meat for everyone else, use veggie chili for me, and just put toppings like cheese on the side so everyone can make their own, yay mexican!!!!

babs181 03-16-2010 11:34 AM

Quote:

Natural medicines are usually best I would think, I work for a company that makes homeopathics (we only sell to health care practitioners, sort of like IP) but you can go in most local health food stores (non-chains) or many independent pharmacies and you should be able to find something homeopathic, these products work awesome and have no side affects at all!!! I'm crediting them with making sure I have no constipation problems or anything like that on this diet.

brenda1980 03-16-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma (Post 3202752)
quick comment about using the puddings or cappuccino with coffee. I do this every morning and they are delish! (I like to use the choc pudding rather then the cocoa as it has fewer carbs and less sodium.) I mix it in large coffee mug with cold water (use more water for the pudding to make it less thick) heat in microwave for 1 minute, then add in my coffee. Never lumpy - always great! However I did try using hot water first before, and was a total disaster. The product separated and actually looked like it curdled. Not appetizing at all!

I made the hot coffee with powder mistake this weekend. I still drank it because I am cheap and lazy, but it was NOT appitizing looking and the chunks of vanilla pudding were not too tasty. :) Lesson learned.

WyoSun 03-16-2010 11:43 AM

It is really hard not to weigh every day. I've been doing that, too. I started with Wii Fit Plus over the weekend. They have this thing that weighs you. Of course it is going to fluctuate and I could just kill that shrill little voice when it says "you gained a little today" :devil: Dirty little sucker....

Goddess....I read your post and I know this diet is difficult when there are other family members to consider. Have you thought about trying to get the rest of your family to eat healthier? I don't mean cold turkey, but changing some of their snacks slowly. Maybe Kix instead of Fruit Loops or real cheese or popcorn instead of Cheez Its(those are my favorite, too)or fruit instead of cookies. Just thinking about this being a life changing situation for everyone. I know in my family we had lots of mashed potatoes, gravy, sweets, etc. I was skin over bones till about 30. And then you all know what happened. I never learned to eat right. So, I am trying to change that. My daughter has always had a weight problem and she has learned to eat healthy(in spite of my cooking). So, I am going to save the "good" stuff for special occassions and try to keep on track with healthy food for my family most of the time. So far I am not getting any flack. DH and I both need to keep our cholesteral down and we are looking forward to the health fair in a couple months so we can see just how well we are doing. Maybe if you wean your kids off the junk they will learn how important it is to eat healthy. My girlfriend and her daughter are on IP also. Her daughter is 15 and struggles because of school, sports and friends. But, one thing she said was that she really noticed how much "junk" everyone eats all the time. She never realized it until she wasn't eating it, too. Sorry this got so long. Goddess, how old are your kids?

dad 03-16-2010 12:41 PM

Cleaned out the closet last night...

For the past several months, I've been alternating each day between only 2 pairs of jeans...size 42 inch waist. I only bought them because I couldn't fit into any of my 40s and refused to buy more than 2 because I didn't want to spend money on fat clothes.

I was able to quit wearing those 42s last month, and now all of my 40s are too big. I can put them on and take them off while snapped and zipped. Without a belt, they just fall off.

Now I can wear all of my 38s...some are a little loose, some are a little snug. Funny how different brands are with sizing.

I have 3 bags of clothes ready for Goodwill and lots of empty closet space.

The problem: I have no 36s. A couple years ago I convinced myself I'd never be thin again and that hanging on to 36s was just stupid. In a few weeks, I won't have any pants. That will be the first time I've ever not been able to fit into anything I own and had to go shopping for SMALLER clothes.

This program is amazing! I still find it hard to believe how much weight has come off and how quickly it has happened. There's a little extra hop in my step today.

Thanks for listening and stay on track!

Birman 03-16-2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

LOL After you finish off your 4 packages of Miracle Noodles, get some Tofu Shirataki noodles. They too smell bad before you rinse them. But they are much more enjoyable to eat, in my opinion. When I was on IP I got to the point where I was eating them every day. Now that I have switched over to a less stringent diet where I am actually allowed whole wheat pasta, I am still eating the Tofu Shirataki noodles every day. I've gotten to really enjoy them. :)

Congrats on your super NSV's by the way, Mystical Mamma! :)

WyoSun 03-16-2010 12:53 PM

Way to go dad!!! :broc: You know, you could pick up a a couple pairs of 36" pants while at Goodwill to tide you over.

ckanable 03-16-2010 12:55 PM

Hey all! Congratulations on all the weigh loss and NSV's this last week! I had my weigh in yesterday and I was down 4.4 pounds! I am so excited to be in the 160s :) My next goal is to weigh less than my husband, which hasn't been the case for the last 4 years (he weighs about 162).

babs181 03-16-2010 01:14 PM

so had chicken soup for lunch again, which I wasn't crazy about last time, but I have the packets so have to eat it, this time I made it a little thinner and added Mrs. Dash and some veggies, she is my savior. Mrs. Dash has such great flavors and makes bad things good, at least more than just edible. I will have to try this with the leek soup too. (I like the mushroom) I only have two Mrs. Dash flavors right now, but I will need to expand into more I think, for variety.

ckanable 03-16-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babs181 (Post 3203355)
so had chicken soup for lunch again, which I wasn't crazy about last time, but I have the packets so have to eat it, this time I made it a little thinner and added Mrs. Dash and some veggies, she is my savior. Mrs. Dash has such great flavors and makes bad things good, at least more than just edible. I will have to try this with the leek soup too. (I like the mushroom) I only have two Mrs. Dash flavors right now, but I will need to expand into more I think, for variety.

Babs, I am not a huge fan of the soup either and so what I decided to try something new. I sauteed some vegetables and put them in a small baking dish (corningware) and then mixed up the leek soup with a little less water and poured it over the veggies and baked it at 350 for about 20 minutes. It was really good (and I REALLY dislike the soup)! I am going to try it with the mushroom soup today.

babs181 03-16-2010 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckanable (Post 3203370)
Babs, I am not a huge fan of the soup either and so what I decided to try something new. I sauteed some vegetables and put them in a small baking dish (corningware) and then mixed up the leek soup with a little less water and poured it over the veggies and baked it at 350 for about 20 minutes. It was really good (and I REALLY dislike the soup)! I am going to try it with the mushroom soup today.

I'll have to try that, I'll probably have to pre-cook the veggies at night to bring to work, but I like the idea. And I'm really not a fan of the leek soup either. Did you use any spices at all?

Hockey Mom23 03-16-2010 01:58 PM

Dad I think it's Awesome you are running out of pants! What a great predicament to be in! I'm getting there with my work clothes, I have 3 pair of work pants that fit right now. I'm amazed that a pair of dress pants that did not fit me the week before I started IP are now so loose I have to stop wearing them.

My weigh in today showed 5.4 pounds gone. WOOHOO! Just under 20 pounds in three weeks. I keep using the word amazing...it's the only one that seems to fit the situation. Week 3 was much better for me than weeks 1 and 2. I'm in the groove now. Look out world, I'm on my way!

sam0617 03-16-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

I also had a horrible cold and sore throat and I took DayQuill gel tabs for 4 days and it did not have a negative impact on my weight loss. I would stay away from any syrups or liquid remedies.
Feel better!

yinyang 03-16-2010 03:07 PM

MysticalMamma- What fun to go down in sizes so much. I just bought some things, and I have no idea where I will land size wise, so tried to pick thengs that were an easy fit, or easy to tailor later.

Chaplains wifey-Welcome and congratulations for your super loss.

I have to agree with Carla about weighing at home several times a week. For some reason my weight seems to go up and down during the week, and it does get discouraging. I am going to try to stop that.

Dad- you must feel great! Go shopping!

I did something that was pretty stupid last weekend. I saw we could have pork, so I cooked a ham last weekend and ate it twice. I weighed this morning and I had been down at least 2# more than this morning. I was thinking what I ate that could have done that and.......of course, the ham. Ham is not the pork they are talking about I am sure. Most hams have additives that are likely starchy and sugary. Won't be doing that again. I weighin tonight and I likely will be disappointed.

HopefulTricia 03-16-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yinyang (Post 3203546)
MysticalMamma- What fun to go down in sizes so much. I just bought some things, and I have no idea where I will land size wise, so tried to pick thengs that were an easy fit, or easy to tailor later.

Chaplains wifey-Welcome and congratulations for your super loss.

I have to agree with Carla about weighing at home several times a week. For some reason my weight seems to go up and down during the week, and it does get discouraging. I am going to try to stop that.

Dad- you must feel great! Go shopping!

I did something that was pretty stupid last weekend. I saw we could have pork, so I cooked a ham last weekend and ate it twice. I weighed this morning and I had been down at least 2# more than this morning. I was thinking what I ate that could have done that and.......of course, the ham. Ham is not the pork they are talking about I am sure. Most hams have additives that are likely starchy and sugary. Won't be doing that again. I weighin tonight and I likely will be disappointed.

Funny you should mention ham. My sheet says we can have fat free cooked ham. Bought some at Trader Joe's yesterday and while I was having steamed shrimp and cauliflower for dinner, the ham looked so good, I cut off
some and had it with my shrimp. It tasted great and seemed like a cheat. I had gained today too. Not much, but the scale was up. I will go read the package now. It is a cured ham steak. Only 1 carb, 4 fat &17 protein-110 calories. Guess it isn't fat free!! :-(