3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Chat - Week of March 15 - 21st (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/196805-ip-chat-week-march-15-21st.html)

RJC 03-15-2010 06:30 PM

IP Chat - Week of March 15 - 21st

Other thread is getting LARGE again. Not sure who usually starts/locks these threads but thought I'd start this one!

carlasherea 03-15-2010 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJC (Post 3202048)
Other thread is getting LARGE again. Not sure who usually starts/locks these threads but thought I'd start this one!

Well Hey! Someone has to start these things. Good Job:)

Heading to my first workout class since starting IP:carrot: I'm hoping I have enough energy to do it. I feel great right now, but you never know once you start exerting energy. I have 1/2 hr hip hop dance (which means I rest every 4 to 5 min) and then 1 hr of firming and toning on the stability ball. I guess we'll see:)

yinyang 03-15-2010 11:14 PM

Thanks to everyone for the info on aspartame. Something to check into.

Tonight I printed out two "inspiration" pictures that I saw from a recent vacation. I was horrified when I saw how fat and old and awful I looked. If I get a weak moment and want to go off program, a look at those pics should bring me back in line!

What little reminders do you use to keep on track and stop the evil thoughts to eat off the program?

MuayThaiGoddess 03-16-2010 12:23 AM

okay so are we talking on this one or the last one? i just made a big post on the last one but should i put it on this thread?

MuayThaiGoddess 03-16-2010 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yinyang (Post 3202495)
Thanks to everyone for the info on aspartame. Something to check into.

Tonight I printed out two "inspiration" pictures that I saw from a recent vacation. I was horrified when I saw how fat and old and awful I looked. If I get a weak moment and want to go off program, a look at those pics should bring me back in line!

What little reminders do you use to keep on track and stop the evil thoughts to eat off the program?

Well, it seems your new to the program like me? Well I used to be on other diets similar to IP where the main mechanism for fat burn was ketosis, and its a big deal when you slip up with a carb over load- you have to detox again and have ZERO FAT BURN for three days- maybe all just for a chocolate chip cookie- three days for one cookie? but that may not be enough motivation... sometimes its not for me, so i constantly have to make deals with myself- usually if I REALLY WANT SOMETHING i am hungry- so Ill say I'll make some broccolli and my IP pack and maybe put 1 TB of shredded cheese on the broccolli as a treat ( it has zero carbs and like 35 calories in it and it will not pull you out of ketosis- i know this for a fact- i still don't understand why we can't have it but anywho...) and usually i don't want anything after that... sometimes ill buy myself a new dressing with 0 or 1 carb in it for special occasions and use it when i am feeling deprived... and if that doesn't work- ill say- okay ill go on a walk and if that doesn't make me feel better THEN ill let myself have a cookie... anywho it motivates me to do everything possible to keep from cheating and it almost always works.ill never DENY myself anything- just make compromises or deals with myself and it usually passes. Also as you make more positive changes while your on the diet you will begin to associate that lifestyle with IP, as opposed to the lifestyle you had before which will give you more incentive to stay on track. but sometimes... we all detour... just do the best you can!!! thats what im doing!

Momto4darlings 03-16-2010 01:48 AM

Hi everyone! First off I want to say how much I have enjoyed reading this forum and the past IP weekly forums. You are all a great bunch of people.
I joined IP almost 3 weeks ago. My first 2 weigh-in's I lost 5 and 5 respectively, and weigh-in #3 is tomorrow. I haven't had a slip in the 3 weeks I have been doing this and I feel great. No hunger and no cravings. What an awesome diet. I had all but given up hope of losing weight until a friend told me about this program. Today is my birthday and I am very proud as I didn't cheat and my evening snack was a chocolate muffin made from the chocolate pancake mix.:celebrate: My daughters and husband ate theirs with ice cream, but I just enjoyed the taste of willpower!! I'm in the zone and look forward to doing this with all of you. Thanks for the great posts.

PS How do I subscribe to this forum, and how do I add the weight loss ticker?

MuayThaiGoddess 03-16-2010 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto4darlings (Post 3202640)
Hi everyone! First off I want to say how much I have enjoyed reading this forum and the past IP weekly forums. You are all a great bunch of people.
I joined IP almost 3 weeks ago. My first 2 weigh-in's I lost 5 and 5 respectively, and weigh-in #3 is tomorrow. I haven't had a slip in the 3 weeks I have been doing this and I feel great. No hunger and no cravings. What an awesome diet. I had all but given up hope of losing weight until a friend told me about this program. Today is my birthday and I am very proud as I didn't cheat and my evening snack was a chocolate muffin made from the chocolate pancake mix.:celebrate: My daughters and husband ate theirs with ice cream, but I just enjoyed the taste of willpower!! I'm in the zone and look forward to doing this with all of you. Thanks for the great posts.

PS How do I subscribe to this forum, and how do I add the weight loss ticker?

you can subscribe by going to the top of the thread where it says Thread Options I think and it has an option to subscribe to the thread and just click on that- its the first one on the thread bar on the top. And you can't add the weight loss ticker until you have at least 24 posts- youre a junior member until then- so start typing girl!!!:D and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Mystical Mamma 03-16-2010 07:22 AM

Wow - so many great weigh in results this week and super NSV's!! Weigh to Go everyone!

And a big congrats to all those who entered Onederland! Yahoo!!!!

Had a few of my own NSV's this weekend.

1) Went through closets and dressers and purged 3 very large garbage bags of clothes that are way too big for me! YAYYY!!!! Donated them to someone on freecycle! Felt awesome!

2) Bought a few items of clothing to hold me over and had a really hard time finding my correct size! After a few tries, finally settled on a relaxed 18 or snug 16 pants and XL shirts! YESSSS!!! This from a 3X shirt and size 22-24 pant!

What a great feeling to fit into smaller clothes and feel good about myself!

Mystical Mamma 03-16-2010 07:29 AM

quick comment about using the puddings or cappuccino with coffee. I do this every morning and they are delish! (I like to use the choc pudding rather then the cocoa as it has fewer carbs and less sodium.) I mix it in large coffee mug with cold water (use more water for the pudding to make it less thick) heat in microwave for 1 minute, then add in my coffee. Never lumpy - always great! However I did try using hot water first before, and was a total disaster. The product separated and actually looked like it curdled. Not appetizing at all!

Mystical Mamma 03-16-2010 07:34 AM

Tried the MIracle Noodles the other night. The verdict is still out on them. Didn't taste bad, but the texture was a little gross! Bought 4 packages so will have to suck it up and get creative! lol! Was a good filler though for nominal carbs and calories. Just one little tip - do not smell the product before you rinse them. One word - DISGUSTING!!! lol!

BlueMermaid 03-16-2010 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma (Post 3202749)
Wow - so many great weigh in results this week and super NSV's!! Weigh to Go everyone!

And a big congrats to all those who entered Onederland! Yahoo!!!!

Had a few of my own NSV's this weekend.

1) Went through closets and dressers and purged 3 very large garbage bags of clothes that are way too big for me! YAYYY!!!! Donated them to someone on freecycle! Felt awesome!

2) Bought a few items of clothing to hold me over and had a really hard time finding my correct size! After a few tries, finally settled on a relaxed 18 or snug 16 pants and XL shirts! YESSSS!!! This from a 3X shirt and size 22-24 pant!

What a great feeling to fit into smaller clothes and feel good about myself!

Hi Kris,

That is terrific you are in smaller clothes. I bet you look wonderful. I need to do some purging myself. It is so hard to buy new clothes because you have been used to shopping for the bigger sizes. Definitely don't assume anything fits anymore, try it on because it may be too big. :cb:

BlueMermaid 03-16-2010 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma (Post 3202755)
Tried the MIracle Noodles the other night. The verdict is still out on them. Didn't taste bad, but the texture was a little gross! Bought 4 packages so will have to suck it up and get creative! lol! Was a good filler though for nominal carbs and calories. Just one little tip - do not smell the product before you rinse them. One word - DISGUSTING!!! lol!

I use the miracle noodles in the chili to make it look like more. Rinse, rinse and rinse again. I have the angel hair ones so I cut them up in small pieces and then I pat them dry with paper towels. I add them to the chili and boil for about 5 minutes. I also do them with stir fry but that requires some soy sauce to flavor them up. They have to cook in something absorbable to have any flavor. Good Luck!

BlueMermaid 03-16-2010 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuayThaiGoddess (Post 3202649)
you can subscribe by going to the top of the thread where it says Thread Options I think and it has an option to subscribe to the thread and just click on that- its the first one on the thread bar on the top. And you can't add the weight loss ticker until you have at least 24 posts- youre a junior member until then- so start typing girl!!!:D and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I saw your big post and will try to respond later. I better head to the shower or I will be late for work!

Have an "IDEAL" day everyone! Hang in there!

BlueMermaid 03-16-2010 08:06 AM

stacerp
That is funny! How did you hear about it, BlueMermaid? The only differences I saw were that they encourage a once-a-week cheat and they have a liquid supplement (enzymes I think). Looks like the exact same protein packs. They even talk about Dr. Chann (sp?)

That is how I found it, I googled Dr. Tran Chann.

stacerp 03-16-2010 08:25 AM

Just trying out my siggy. I finally got to add my ticker!