Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 09:20 AM   #481  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Old 03-22-2010, 09:40 AM   #482  

Height: 5'10"

I'm really excited for all of you who are showing great results on the scale and experiencing NSV's. I'm having a rough week and truth be told -- probably a bit of a pity party.

I weigh in tomorrow. I checked myself at home this morning - no change from last week. NONE. So ladies who have been on IP and had their TOM, tell me how that affects your losses? That's the only thing different in my week - otherwise I've followed the program to a T (with the exception of two diet sodas which my counselor told me was ok occasionally). I'm bummed, I'm mad I spent good $ this week for no results.

I am in awe of those of you who have been on IP for months and have experienced amazing losses. I want to be like you when I grow up!
Old 03-22-2010, 09:53 AM   #483  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
My weight tracker is gone ! Do I have to redo it everytime I make a post ?
No, if you click on "save signature" at the bottom of the edit signature page, your weight tracker should post every time.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:09 AM   #484  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
I know it's wrong to be envious, but I am! I feel guilty saying that!! I am just sitting here thinking, "man, 42 lbs. in 9 weeks ~ I have been on this 9 weeks tomorrow and am not near that in any way~" I mean, yes a couple of weeks I had a lull...stayed put for two weeks with no loss, but still cannot imagine that I would be anywhere near 42 lbs.! All I can say is kudos to you Jordanna! I am a little envious, but admire you like crazy!!!
Hey Fluffy - I get what you're saying I think you're doing great!!

And really think about it this way, I've lost 42 lbs and I still have about 78 to go so even after losing 42 lbs I still have a longer journey than your start point, so don't be envious, pretty soon you'll be down 42 lbs and you'll be closer to your end point than your start, and that is something to be excited about
Old 03-22-2010, 10:19 AM   #485  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Feeling a bit discouraged today . Im thinking I have hit a plateau this week . Ive been averaging about 5 lbs a week since I started this 9 weeks ago almost 10 now . I weighed in on Tuesday and I have only lost 2 lbs so far this week . I am a bit worried I ate something I shouldnt have . I am very careful and have not cheated once on this diet .Yesterday I went to lunch with myfamily and ordered a veggie omlet with egg substitute , no cheese , and no avocato . No wI am worried that maybe they used the bad oil to cook it . Do you think thats going to hurt me and cause me not to loose this week . I am working so hard to get this weight off before my husband comes home from Iraq . Needing inspiration today !
Hi wifey - We all have weeks where our body holds on to those extra pounds and everyone gets discouraged but if you push through it you will be rewarded next week or the week after with amazing numbers to make up for the lag.

I've said this before and I'm sure I'll say it again because sometimes we all need to hear it:

How many diets have you been on and averaged 5 lbs a week for 9 weeks on?

Sometimes we need to step back and realize how amazing this diet works and that sometimes we will have those smaller weeks we should embrace losing one or two pounds because on any other diet we would have been thrilled with the result.

Go to the grocery store and try to carry 40 pounds of butter, pick up four 10 pound bags of potatoes and walk around for a little while.

You are doing amazing, your husband is going to be stunned and proud of all your hard work and if you don't lose that extra pound here or there that's okay, he'll love you anyway and you should love yourself for your accomplishments too
Old 03-22-2010, 10:24 AM   #486  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
I'm really excited for all of you who are showing great results on the scale and experiencing NSV's. I'm having a rough week and truth be told -- probably a bit of a pity party.

I weigh in tomorrow. I checked myself at home this morning - no change from last week. NONE. So ladies who have been on IP and had their TOM, tell me how that affects your losses? That's the only thing different in my week - otherwise I've followed the program to a T (with the exception of two diet sodas which my counselor told me was ok occasionally). I'm bummed, I'm mad I spent good $ this week for no results.

I am in awe of those of you who have been on IP for months and have experienced amazing losses. I want to be like you when I grow up!
First off Hockey Mom - I've had 1 diet soda since I started (a diet dr. pepper) and the next day I was up two lbs. It came off by the end of the week but my coach said it's because for some people aspertaime really effects them when on this diet so I've chosen to stay away from it personally.

Secondly regarding your period, my weight loss slows down once a month, the week before my period and the very next week I make up for it with a much bigger loss so don't be discouraged.

And lastly - you should be in awe of yourself. You have lost a lot of weight in a month and you're doing fantastic!!

We all need to stop beating ourselves up all the time and look at what we've accomplished. We're all so hard on ourselves.

Did you ever think you could lose that much weight in a month before IP?? I know I didn't think it was possible!!

You're doing it, you're amazing!
Old 03-22-2010, 10:40 AM   #487  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

does anyone know if we can have flax seed meal?
Old 03-22-2010, 10:46 AM   #488  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Need help!! If an item has 5 g of carb and 4 g of fibre, do you subtract the fibre count from the carb count and use the remaining number as the actual carb per serving?

example:
flax meal has 5 g of carb and 4 g of fibre per 2 tbsp. Does this mean it only has 1 carb per 2 tbsp?

Last edited by Mystical Mamma; 03-22-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:50 AM   #489  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Some of us think we have to weigh everyday(me included). So don't be discouraged....I was up 1 1/2 lbs. today. Not a big deal. I also noticed that my hands were swollen. Probably too much salt yesterday.(I'm beyond my time of the month, but sometimes still have that bloat, so could be that) Maybe that is why I was hungry last night. Our daily weigh ins can be real demons!!! New day and new week.
My coach says no diet soda.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:57 AM   #490  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
Need help!! If an item has 5 g of carb and 4 g of fibre, do you subtract the fibre count from the carb count and use the remaining number as the actual carb per serving?

example:
flax meal has 5 g of carb and 4 g of fibre per 2 tbsp. Does this mean it only has 1 carb per 2 tbsp?
My coach said regarding carbs - a carb is a carb whether it's soluble fibre based carbs or not....so 5 g of total carbs is 5 g of carbs as far as IP is concerned.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:57 AM   #491  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hi wifey - We all have weeks where our body holds on to those extra pounds and everyone gets discouraged but if you push through it you will be rewarded next week or the week after with amazing numbers to make up for the lag.

I've said this before and I'm sure I'll say it again because sometimes we all need to hear it:

How many diets have you been on and averaged 5 lbs a week for 9 weeks on?

Sometimes we need to step back and realize how amazing this diet works and that sometimes we will have those smaller weeks we should embrace losing one or two pounds because on any other diet we would have been thrilled with the result.

Go to the grocery store and try to carry 40 pounds of butter, pick up four 10 pound bags of potatoes and walk around for a little while.

You are doing amazing, your husband is going to be stunned and proud of all your hard work and if you don't lose that extra pound here or there that's okay, he'll love you anyway and you should love yourself for your accomplishments too
Jordanna you are amazing ! You have the gift of encouragement ! Thank you and yes I should just rejoice in what I have done this far and not worry so much about the #'s . Your doing great and such an inspiration to us !
Old 03-22-2010, 11:05 AM   #492  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
No, if you click on "save signature" at the bottom of the edit signature page, your weight tracker should post every time.
Thank you !
Old 03-22-2010, 11:16 AM   #493  

Height: 5'10"

Thank you for the encouragement Jordanna and WyoSun. I am too impatient with the whole transformation of my body from flab to fab. I am not having another diet pop EVER.

I need to remind myself - I've eaten very healthy for the last week, waaaay healthier than I ever used to. So if my # on the scale doesn't reflect that, it's not that I've failed -- I'm still following IP (except that darn soda) and I DO feel better. I need to let go of the # and just enjoy the feeling good/health benefits.

Thanks for gently nudging me off my pity pot. I needed that today. I'm a hugger, so consider yourselves hugged.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:21 AM   #494  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Had my weigh in today. Down 2.7 lbs. For a total of 24lbs. and I am starting my ninth week today. Have lost some inches as well.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:08 PM   #495  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Woohoo Fuffymama!!!
Closed Thread