Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 06:57 PM   #361  

Height: 5'8

Hey everyone

I went for my second weigh in yesterday and lost 2.2 pounds and 1 inch off my chest. It was quite frustrating because i have not cheated at all and have had no restricted foods all week!!! I dont understand. The first week i lost 9.4 pounds so in 2 weeks ihave lost 11 pounds which is still pretty good.
I think the one thing that helps me is that knowing i have a cheat day coming up. I told myself i will have a cheat day once a month so i will have it on april 2nd. I know its gonna hold me back but it is easter weekend and we all need something to look forward to. My coach is ok with this as long as i stay on par the other days. I have been doing pretty good so far so im not too worried.
I havent tried any of the walden farms products. I want to though. I found a store over here where we can buy them. I am going to have to go try it out. Are we allowed to eat any of the products?

Last edited by floorshine; 03-20-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:12 PM   #362  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoastmama View Post
Just weighed and down 2.8 lbs. That makes 40 lbs and my BMI says I am no longer overweight!!! So excited. BMI said I was obese when I started. Still have farther to go, but very motivated now. Going to celebrate tonight!
Very exciting, Eastcoastmama! That's great!
Old 03-20-2010, 07:17 PM   #363  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
#1 - Can vegetarians do this diet? My daughter wants to do it and she doesn't eat any meat ...
Yes. I'm a vegetarian. So are Ogdog and CinnamonSparkles. Novak is a pescetarian. It's a bit trickier doing IP as a vegetarian, but definitely doable.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:22 PM   #364  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post
I read his book (online) the day before I started too. My only worry about doing this (packets only) is what happens when you start the other phases and add food (and more calories) into your diet? Maybe it's the same as doing the regular Phase 1 and going into the other phases... Your thoughts?
Within reason, I don't think it's the calories that make the key difference so much as the carbs (and fat). Personally, I think one could successfully start on Phase 2 -- eating real food -- instead of Phase 1 as long as they watched their intake levels. (Personally, I've never done the packets.)
Old 03-20-2010, 07:29 PM   #365  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I just read that the italian dressing has 4 grms carbs & 4 grams of sugar per serv, and a serving is 2 tblsp. I'm sure I had 1 tblspn yesterda and 1 today. Am I in trouble??? I hate that!
That's probably not enough carbs to knock you out of ketosis, but I wouldn't make a habit of it.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:41 PM   #366  

S/C/G: 175/133/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
I asked my coach the same question and she said to be careful what veggies you "load" up on. Broccoli and cauliflower for instance are higher in carbs, so for sure no more than 2 cups. Cucumbers and celery you could go over and it wouldn't affect anything. She was going to give me a sheet saying how many carbs were in a cup of specific veggies, but couldn't find one. I'm sure you could find something online. They just want us to stay at about 25 carbs a day and no more.
I did a search on Fitday.com for veggies calories and carbs and created a table. My coach also says to aim for 25g of carbs or less, but the magic number is 40g; meaning that as long as you stay under 40g carbs/day, you will stay in ketosis.
I am going to try to attach my table (I had to cut and paste my Excel file to Word in order to upload):
Attached Files
File Type: doc Nutritional info.doc (106.5 KB, 26 views)
Old 03-20-2010, 08:01 PM   #367  

Quote:
Originally Posted by floorshine View Post
Hey everyone

I went for my second weigh in yesterday and lost 2.2 pounds and 1 inch off my chest. It was quite frustrating because i have not cheated at all and have had no restricted foods all week!!! I dont understand. The first week i lost 9.4 pounds so in 2 weeks ihave lost 11 pounds which is still pretty good.
I think the one thing that helps me is that knowing i have a cheat day coming up. I told myself i will have a cheat day once a month so i will have it on april 2nd. I know its gonna hold me back but it is easter weekend and we all need something to look forward to. My coach is ok with this as long as i stay on par the other days. I have been doing pretty good so far so im not too worried.
I havent tried any of the walden farms products. I want to though. I found a store over here where we can buy them. I am going to have to go try it out. Are we allowed to eat any of the products?
My problem with cheat days is if you have a lot of carbs, you'll be knocked out of ketosis and be extra hungry for the next 3 days while you get back into it. That would be painful for me, especially once a month. But if you cheated with extra protein and/or extra fat and maybe just a few extra carbs, it might be doable without too much agony. I think I'd rather just have a restricted item every day or so.

I have a bunch of the Walden Farms products. They all say 0 carbs/0 calories so we can have any of them--unless there are some I don't know about. My favorites are the pancake syrup, regular barbecue sauce, and chocolate syrup. I also like the honey dijon dressing, and the ketchup is OK--I didn't like it at first. I make deviled eggs by mixing the cooked yolks with just enough of the honey dijon dressing to get a good consistency and sprinkling them with paprika--mmmmm. I don't salt them. I save the salt for other things.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:02 PM   #368  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzMa View Post
My coach also says to aim for 25g of carbs or less, but the magic number is 40g; meaning that as long as you stay under 40g carbs/day, you will stay in ketosis.
Well, that is darn helpful, FuzzMa! I have always wondered what the range of carbs we should aim for is. Thank you for that info!
Old 03-20-2010, 08:04 PM   #369  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
Well, that is darn helpful, FuzzMa! I have always wondered what the range of carbs we should aim for is. Thank you for that info!
Me, too!!!
Old 03-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #370  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

Quote:

#2 My daughter only wants to lose 12-14 lbs... is that okay for this type of diet?
I'm only working to lose 15-16lbs, and loving the results, plus I hope it means I won't be on for too long. The remote coach I work with has had people in their clinic who only wanted to lose 10-12. The biggest difference they told me was to make sure they knew when i'm within 2-4lbs of my goal and then I'll switch to phase 2, which for me is about 5lbs away
Old 03-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #371  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Me, too!!!
Me three!

Anyone know what the fat, saturated fat, sodium and sugar should be?

I was told protein should be around 100 and sodium should be under 2,000.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:38 PM   #372  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuayThaiGoddess View Post
QUOTE=fluffymama;3209584]well I was just trying to figure out what you meant because it sounded like you were only having packets, no meat or veggies. Is that what your saying??
I mean yes, most of my week two days have been packets. Today I had 2 eggs because i feel lower than par and i had maybe a half a cup of broccolli a little earlier. Alot of days it is just more convienent and i KNOW i am strictlyfollowing protocol and yes sometimes i just have a few pickles for my veggies and thats it- convienence. SO im not strictly JUST packets but thats the main route I've been going, but I won't hesitate if I want two eggs or a chicken breast, or my veggies. its not set in stone- just more general.[/QUOTE]

ok, thanks for clarifying. When I originally read it that is what I thought you meant, but I wanted to check for sure!
Old 03-20-2010, 09:11 PM   #373  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
Yes. I'm a vegetarian. So are Ogdog and CinnamonSparkles. Novak is a pescetarian. It's a bit trickier doing IP as a vegetarian, but definitely doable.
Thanks. I will tell my daughter!!!
Old 03-20-2010, 09:18 PM   #374  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
That's probably not enough carbs to knock you out of ketosis, but I wouldn't make a habit of it.
Thanks! I did send the dr a message and I asked him I misunderstood, this is his response:

No, you did not misunderstand. Use it according to the serving size on the index panel. i.e. 2 tablespoons as a serving. You will be fine. If you are still concerned you can always use squeezed lemon juice or Olive oil and vinegar...you have options, that is just what I have use and been O.k Thanks for the question!!

So I feel a little better!

Last edited by Kelsey; 03-20-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:23 PM   #375  

Quote:
Originally Posted by babs181 View Post
I'm only working to lose 15-16lbs, and loving the results, plus I hope it means I won't be on for too long. The remote coach I work with has had people in their clinic who only wanted to lose 10-12. The biggest difference they told me was to make sure they knew when i'm within 2-4lbs of my goal and then I'll switch to phase 2, which for me is about 5lbs away
My daughter will be very happy! Thank you. and Congrats on your success!!!
Closed Thread